2 Questions -

Hello,

I need help about some basic config....I am totally new to CRm and i have
been handed a couple of CRM servers. I looked but couldne find any help- i
think I am looking at all the wrong places . the follwoing are the questions:

1) How do change the setting so that the clients are prompted to enter user
name and password and  are not just automatically logged into CRm.
2) I have a couple of managers who are member so the sales manager group ,
They need to be given permissions to be able to create teams and assign
projects to operations personal, and at the same time be able to monitor
them, also  the operations guys need to see what all activites each other
have and the updates they have made so that they dont do stuff which another
person has already done.

i reallly need help with this as i need it by tomorrow...thats a ton
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

1. It's an IE Security setting, the option is under User
Authentication-->Logon.  Select the "Prompt for user name and password"
option on all the workstations.
2. this will require some planning ahead of time, and actually reading the
manual.  CRM security is about as complicated as it gets.

Dave

"smith" <smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I need help about some basic config....I am totally new to CRm and i have
> been handed a couple of CRM servers. I looked but couldne find any help- i
> think I am looking at all the wrong places . the follwoing are the
> questions:
>
> 1) How do change the setting so that the clients are prompted to enter
> user
> name and password and  are not just automatically logged into CRm.
> 2) I have a couple of managers who are member so the sales manager group ,
> They need to be given permissions to be able to create teams and assign
> projects to operations personal, and at the same time be able to monitor
> them, also  the operations guys need to see what all activites each other
> have and the updates they have made so that they dont do stuff which
> another
> person has already done.
>
> i reallly need help with this as i need it by tomorrow...thats a ton

0
Dave
10/7/2005 1:10:29 AM
Regarding the change you want to make so users are prompted to enter a
username and password: CRM security hooks into Active Directory and is
intended to use the user's domain login to maintain security. You should read
about this in the manuals/implementation guide (on the CRM CDs).

Also, as for changing user's security privileges, you do this in the web UI
by going to the Home page, Settings.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"smith" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need help about some basic config....I am totally new to CRm and i have
> been handed a couple of CRM servers. I looked but couldne find any help- i
> think I am looking at all the wrong places . the follwoing are the questions:
>
> 1) How do change the setting so that the clients are prompted to enter user
> name and password and  are not just automatically logged into CRm.
> 2) I have a couple of managers who are member so the sales manager group ,
> They need to be given permissions to be able to create teams and assign
> projects to operations personal, and at the same time be able to monitor
> them, also  the operations guys need to see what all activites each other
> have and the updates they have made so that they dont do stuff which another
> person has already done.
>
> i reallly need help with this as i need it by tomorrow...thats a ton
Thank you both for letting me know,

1) We need this feature so that when are sales managers/ personnels are
outside our network they should still be allowed to access though a public
address. This is not possible if they have to be logged in as their domain
user on the pc which it would take to provide access to the crmapp.

2) Yes I realize i need to read the manuals which i am currently doing ..but
this thing needs to be done tomorrow, request placed today  --- my experience
with CRM 2 days... Is there a quick howto somewhere online that i can
check...

"MattNC" wrote:

> Regarding the change you want to make so users are prompted to enter a
> username and password: CRM security hooks into Active Directory and is
> intended to use the user's domain login to maintain security. You should read
> about this in the manuals/implementation guide (on the CRM CDs).
>
> Also, as for changing user's security privileges, you do this in the web UI
> by going to the Home page, Settings.
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "smith" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need help about some basic config....I am totally new to CRm and i have
> > been handed a couple of CRM servers. I looked but couldne find any help- i
> > think I am looking at all the wrong places . the follwoing are the questions:
> >
> > 1) How do change the setting so that the clients are prompted to enter user
> > name and password and  are not just automatically logged into CRm.
> > 2) I have a couple of managers who are member so the sales manager group ,
> > They need to be given permissions to be able to create teams and assign
> > projects to operations personal, and at the same time be able to monitor
> > them, also  the operations guys need to see what all activites each other
> > have and the updates they have made so that they dont do stuff which another
> > person has already done.
> >
> > i reallly need help with this as i need it by tomorrow...thats a ton
Hi Smith,

2- See the Training Manuals.. Download from partner site. or see how to
walkthroughs on mbs site.

Plz fee free to contact me on mscrmexpert@gmail.com
--
Microsoft CRM Expert - MVP - CRM & .Net

All about Microsoft CRM 3.0- read

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

"smith" wrote:

> Thank you both for letting me know,
>
> 1) We need this feature so that when are sales managers/ personnels are
> outside our network they should still be allowed to access though a public
> address. This is not possible if they have to be logged in as their domain
> user on the pc which it would take to provide access to the crmapp.
>
> 2) Yes I realize i need to read the manuals which i am currently doing ..but
> this thing needs to be done tomorrow, request placed today  --- my experience
> with CRM 2 days... Is there a quick howto somewhere online that i can
> check...
>

> "MattNC" wrote:
>
> > Regarding the change you want to make so users are prompted to enter a
> > username and password: CRM security hooks into Active Directory and is
> > intended to use the user's domain login to maintain security. You should read
> > about this in the manuals/implementation guide (on the CRM CDs).
> >
> > Also, as for changing user's security privileges, you do this in the web UI
> > by going to the Home page, Settings.
> > --
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >

> > "smith" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I need help about some basic config....I am totally new to CRm and i have
> > > been handed a couple of CRM servers. I looked but couldne find any help- i
> > > think I am looking at all the wrong places . the follwoing are the questions:
> > >
> > > 1) How do change the setting so that the clients are prompted to enter user
> > > name and password and  are not just automatically logged into CRm.
> > > 2) I have a couple of managers who are member so the sales manager group ,
> > > They need to be given permissions to be able to create teams and assign
> > > projects to operations personal, and at the same time be able to monitor
> > > them, also  the operations guys need to see what all activites each other
> > > have and the updates they have made so that they dont do stuff which another
> > > person has already done.
> > >
> > > i reallly need help with this as i need it by tomorrow...thats a ton
Hello crm expert,

Thank you

I read through the whole Microsoft Business solutions CRM Implementaion
guide tonite...welll...basically read through ..maybe not understanding
everything but ...from page 1 -393 -- atleast something must register :) i
hope...now i atleast understand what it is( /I am )  basically  trying to do
:) ...or ...i think ...

Ok now...
1) I see a mention of a single sign on - correct me if I am wrong - we have
a domain mydomain.com (mixed mode) and a child domain srm.mydomain.com(native
mode), users int he parent domain are added asmembers of the  usergroup in
the crm.mydomain.com, so when they logon on one domain and open //crmapp they
are authenicated by the same credentials, - the single sign-on feature
allows the seamless transition ...is there a way to disable that for just the
crm.mydomain.com?
2) I found out what i was looking for from setting > business units>
security roles > properties of the individual roles....will configure them
tomorrow. Will let you know how that goes...:)

"CRM Expert" wrote:

> Hi Smith,
>
> 2- See the Training Manuals.. Download from partner site. or see how to
> walkthroughs on mbs site.
>
> Plz fee free to contact me on mscrmexpert@gmail.com
> --
> Microsoft CRM Expert - MVP - CRM & .Net
>
> All about Microsoft CRM 3.0- read
>
> http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com
>

> "smith" wrote:
>
> > Thank you both for letting me know,
> >
> > 1) We need this feature so that when are sales managers/ personnels are
> > outside our network they should still be allowed to access though a public
> > address. This is not possible if they have to be logged in as their domain
> > user on the pc which it would take to provide access to the crmapp.
> >
> > 2) Yes I realize i need to read the manuals which i am currently doing ..but
> > this thing needs to be done tomorrow, request placed today  --- my experience
> > with CRM 2 days... Is there a quick howto somewhere online that i can
> > check...
> >

> > "MattNC" wrote:
> >
> > > Regarding the change you want to make so users are prompted to enter a
> > > username and password: CRM security hooks into Active Directory and is
> > > intended to use the user's domain login to maintain security. You should read
> > > about this in the manuals/implementation guide (on the CRM CDs).
> > >
> > > Also, as for changing user's security privileges, you do this in the web UI
> > > by going to the Home page, Settings.
> > > --
> > > Matt Wittemann
> > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

Smith,
If you get the users to go to the http://ipaddress of the CRM server
instead of the hostname it should prompt for the user name and password
then.  Its what I use to get onto the system as myself if the user is
logged into their workstation.

Hope that helps

Ben

0
Ben
10/7/2005 9:56:53 AM
I will try that thank you.

I have a data table that looks like this: Code ------------------- STR-S SNK-S STR-K STR-F SNK-S STR-3 STR-2 STR-F SNK-S SNK-4 SNK-S STR-3 SNK-F STR-4 STR-O ------------------- "STR", etc at the beginning are pitch types, SNK is Sinker for example The end character is the result of the pitch, a 4 would be a home run, 3 a triple, and so forth. O is out, F is foul, S is strike --- you ge it. How can I figure the amount of RBI's? I know that it's 5, but I can' think of any automated way to calculate this, anyone got any ideas? THANK YOU!! :confused -- AVER...

NESTED IF STATEMENTS #2
Having a little problem in an excel class, hoping someone might be able to help. I'm trying to fill in the discount column on a spreadsheet with the following info. The problem states use a nested form of the IF function to calculate 15% if Amount is greater that $300., 10% if Amount is greater than $100., and 0% if Amount is less than $100. The Amount column is cell D5. Anyone know how to write the formula and explain how to go about it? Any help would be much appreciated. Let's see. This is homework so you should come up with the answer yourself. Did you start by looking in the he...

Multiple PST Files #2

lost menu bar #2
HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet and I can't seem to find anyone to help me get it back. The menu I am missing is the one that includes - File, Edit, Insert and etc. I have tried...right clicking - customize - toolbars, but I don't seem to have the needed item. Anyone with suggestions - please reply... Thanks. Hi if you right-click on the menu bar you should see an item like 'General'. Check this item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoEllen OSBDC wrote: > HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet > and I can't s...

AD/Network design question
Hello all I have a 2 sites which users come and go from. These sites have 2 different network ip domains (192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x). Users need to be authenticated using the same user id and password at both sites. DC/GC is at 192.168.1.x and is a SBS 2003. Server at 192.168.2.x is Server 2003. When the server at 192.168.2.x is connected via vpn to 192.168.1.x all is well. How do I get the server at 192.168.2.x to act as a AD/DC when it’s not connected to 192.168.1.x ? Thank you Hal I think you will run here into the limitations of SBS :-( @ SBS experts : ...

Office 2010 Buying Question Assistance Needed
I've been looking through the MS Office 2010 web site to try to determine what my new small company would require, but I can't find the information I need. We for sure would need Office Pro Plus, but other than that I'm not sure. We want to run it on our own server. We will initially have 3-5 people using it and perhaps more later on. Would we need to purchase site licensing? Unfortunately, our programmers are MS haters (I'm not) and I can't get any assistance from them on this, but I have power of the pen. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Th...

Thread Synchronization #2
Hi, I have a shared resource, say a file which is to be accessed between multiple threads. There are say 20 Read threads and 1 Write thread. When the Write thread is writing into the file, the Read threads should be blocked, and when even 1 read thread reads, the Write thread should be blocked. The Read threads can read simultaneously, but only say 5 at a time. What kind of synchronization mechanism can I use for this? TIA, Sucharit You can create a mutex a adquire it when a read operation start, check it before start any write operation. You will need another mutex ...

using dates Part 2

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Custom CRect Question
I have a custom rectangle class that inherits from CRect: class CCustomRect : public CRect { private: CPoint m_maxPt; COLORREF m_color; TCHAR text[50]; public: CCustomRect(RECT* source, CPoint pt, COLORREF rgb); RECT* RectBase(); void Update(RECT* r); } Inheritance has worked well until I found myself needing to create the RectBase function (above) to return the rectangle dimensions. CRect does not seem to have any methods that can be called to return the base class's RECT value. I could take CRect::Size and construct a rectangle to return, but this seems a bit much. My...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Compare 2 different workbooks with the result in a 3rd
I have two workbooks (2005 Sales, 2004 Sales), which track daily results in half hour intervals. I want to be able to show the increase in 2005 in a 3rd workbooks. The first two workbooks are identically formatted. How can I do this? Many thanks to all in the forum who have helped in the past. If the data is in exactly the same position in the two worksheets you could copy/paste one's data to a new worksheet and then copy the second's, doing an Edit, Paste Special, Subtract on top of the first's data. This is admittedly crude but it is easy to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP &q...

Question About Missing Data
So, this is probably really easy, but I just want to ask and see if I may be missing something here. Some data on vendor numbers changed. Let’s say IBM used to have a vendor number 12345 and now it’s vendor number is 56789. I can identify IBM as IBM, but I really want to use the number, not the name. Should I set up a table that ties the numbers together, so that Access knows 12345 = 56789? Or, should I do some kind of Update Query and change all incidences of 12345 to be 56789? Or, is there some other, method, like a ‘best practices for missing data’? Thanks! Ryan--- ...

VS 2005 beta question
All, I need to complie some code. I am going from 16bit to 64 bit. The job do not want to spend the money on VS 2005.net. If I compile the code with the beta version or trial version of VS 2005.NET will it time bomb on me? Thanks in advance The code won't, but eventually the compiler will stop working. Don't know if the trial will support 64 bit though. I guess you get what you pay for. Tom "karibbean" <sharp_mind@REMOVE.this.email.msn.dotcom> wrote in message news:%23OyZFNUFGHA.1124@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > All, > > I need to complie some cod...

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...

Why do my questions get deleted sometimes?
Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too... I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my messages get deleted. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that, but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them. I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it. So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I should avoid? Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have an ans...

Named ranges
Excel 2003 I have a total sheet that gets data from three different shift sheets (all in the same workbook) for a monthly report. I have named ranges on each shift sheet for each month's production data (S1M1, S1M2, S1M3, S2M1...) where S1M1 =A2:AC147, S1M2 = A148:AC329, etc. The old formula was:=SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$147,"BB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$147). I'm stumped as to what the new formula would be - how would I direct Excel to column L of S1M1 to search for "BB", then add the contents of column T? The range changes each month, and I tho...

Excel AutoSave #2
In Excel 2000 was this feature available? User is not seeing it. Excel 2000 had the AUTOSAVE.XLA Add-in Should be in Tools>Add-ins. If not available there, do a file search on your computer. If not there, install from the CD. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:26:16 -0700, "Ssolano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel 2000 was this feature available? >User is not seeing it. ...

downloading #2
I have attempted to download bank statements into Money 2001. Although my bank shows the statements were downloaded, nothing appears in Money,and I am not offered any opportunity to review or add the transactions. Does anyone have any advice. I am familiar with how it is supposed to work, for I had downloaded statements successfully in the past. ...

A question about CToolTipCtrl.
Hi All: Chinese English following! I add a CToolTipCtrl member in my dialog, and create it in OnInitDialog function, at last, I add a CEdit control to CToolTipCtrl member.When the CEdit control is enabled, tool tip can pop up normally, but when the CEdit control is disabled, tool tip can't pop up. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Fiveight Take a look at http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309050&highlight=CToolTipCtrl+disable -- If the message was helpful to you, click Yes next to Was this post helpful to you? Regards, Goldbach "fiveight" wrot...

Missing send/receive button #2
After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in Mail and it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinstall/repair twice without fixing the problem. Is there some configuration procedure I need to do? Thanks for any help. Windwatcher wrote: > After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data > file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in > Mail and > it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinst...

Syncronizing Outlook Contacts with Quick Books Pro #2
I am unable to get "home" addresses in Outlook Contacts to show up in Quick Books Pro. Only the "business" addresses show up. HELP!!!! which version of outlook and did it ever sync all the addresses? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "Curtis&qu...

playing sounds in email #2
I wonder if anyone can please help me to know how to send an email which will automatically play a sound file when it is previewed or opened by the recipient I have received such emails occasionally, and I now have a serious reason (as opposed to a 'fun' one, which is what all these others were!) to want to do this. Thanks, Jeff ...

CColorDialog #2
I am trying to work with the CColorDialog in an MFC app and everything is going fine, except I would like to change the title of the dialog so that instead of "Color" I make it say what I want it to say. Seemed easy enough to do, but no. Not much info on the web unless I am searching for the wrong kinds of info. Of course, it derives from CWnd, so I tried SetWindowText(), but that failed and I assume it is because the handle to the color dialog doesnt exist until you call DoModal(). Thus the call to setting the window text fails because there is no window. So, what are th...