2 Formatting Questions - Currency and Dates

Date Fields:
Can we, in the CRM forms, format dates to read into the “15 Aug 2005”
format?  This is possible in reports, but by default, the forms use only
numbers for dates, but in any format.

Currency:
Any ideas of how to track multiple currencies in the same application -
specifically USD and Canadian? I know a Microsoft CRM installation currently
supports one language. But aside from using a picklist to specify "USD",
"CAN", "MEX", or other I'm concerned about how their forecasting.

--
Carroll Little
Vis.align, LLC

You can't change the available formats in a supported way.  You might be able to
figure out a way to hack this, but I'm not sure it would work.  Part of the
problem is that the dates areused for input as well as display, so it would
affect how the validtion logic worked.

Multi-currency is not supported, so anything you do for this needs to be
controlled completely by your changes.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Mon, 23 May 2005 06:42:05 -0700, "Carroll Little"
<carroll.little@visalign.com(donotspam)> wrote:

Date Fields:
Can we, in the CRM forms, format dates to read into the �15 Aug 2005�
format?  This is possible in reports, but by default, the forms use only
numbers for dates, but in any format.

Currency:
Any ideas of how to track multiple currencies in the same application -
specifically USD and Canadian? I know a Microsoft CRM installation currently
supports one language. But aside from using a picklist to specify "USD",
"CAN", "MEX", or other I'm concerned about how their forecasting.

0
Matt
5/23/2005 2:28:39 PM
I don't like to give up so quickly, but this is exactly what I thought.  It
never hurts to ask! Thanks.

--
Carroll Little
Vis.align, LLC

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> You can't change the available formats in a supported way.  You might be able to
> figure out a way to hack this, but I'm not sure it would work.  Part of the
> problem is that the dates areused for input as well as display, so it would
> affect how the validtion logic worked.
>
> Multi-currency is not supported, so anything you do for this needs to be
> controlled completely by your changes.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 23 May 2005 06:42:05 -0700, "Carroll Little"
> <carroll.little@visalign.com(donotspam)> wrote:
>
> Date Fields:
> Can we, in the CRM forms, format dates to read into the “15 Aug 2005”
> format?  This is possible in reports, but by default, the forms use only
> numbers for dates, but in any format.
>
> Currency:
> Any ideas of how to track multiple currencies in the same application -
> specifically USD and Canadian? I know a Microsoft CRM installation currently
> supports one language. But aside from using a picklist to specify "USD",
> "CAN", "MEX", or other I'm concerned about how their forecasting.

Currency

You are definately not the only one asking for multicurrency support. Today
you could achieve multicurrency in reports (in theory) however with the next
release of CRM. However right now any talk of the next release features etc
is speculation until Microsoft locks down the specs and publicy announces
them. Keep watching this group as we'll post when we know publicy available
information

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Carroll Little" <carroll.little@visalign.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Date Fields:
> Can we, in the CRM forms, format dates to read into the "15 Aug 2005"
> format?  This is possible in reports, but by default, the forms use only
> numbers for dates, but in any format.
>
> Currency:
> Any ideas of how to track multiple currencies in the same application -
> specifically USD and Canadian? I know a Microsoft CRM installation
currently
> supports one language. But aside from using a picklist to specify "USD",
> "CAN", "MEX", or other I'm concerned about how their forecasting.
>
> --
> Carroll Little
> Vis.align, LLC
> 610-692-3290 x3326
> www.visalign.com

0
John

Date 12-13-07
Hi, I'm trying to work on a huge Database project that involves lots of dates. I have records that go back to 1897. Anyways I'm entering data in for each day of the year and I was wondering if there is a faster way like in Excel that will automatically pick up the date. Example 02/01/1897, 02/02/1897, 02/03/1897...and so on. This there any formula and anything that will help make it go faster??? Thank You, Amanda Any chance you could do the dates in Excel and import them into Access afterwards? (no, since Access is not a spreadsheet, the feature you'd use in Excel is ...

Having 2 workbooks open simultaneously
I have a wide screen laptop that can accommodate 2 Excel workbooks side by side. I used that feature for a while until sometime about two weeks ago something happened (I don't know what) and now I a only able to keep one workbook open at a time. When I try to open a second one, the first one minimizes. Can anyone tell me how to get it back so that I can once again view 2 workbooks side by side? Many thanks for your help -- Royal Did yesterday's response work: "How about just window|Arrange|Tiled (or whatever you want)" Royal wrote: > > I have a wide screen l...

Split combined date time data #3
From file dump have combined date time cells eg "14/04/03 14:20" (value 37725.59722). Want to perform time analysis so need to split to 2 separate cells; eg. "14/04/2003" (value 37725) & "14:20" (value 0.59722). Is there a fnc to do this? (Currently convert cell to value, then fncs trunc & cell less int(cell) then refmt to date dd/mm/yy & time hh:mm respectively) One way: Data/Text to Columns. Select Delimited, and click Next. Check the Space checkbox and click Finish. In article <D84AFF1F-CA34-456B-AA06-926914397A3C@microsoft.com>,...

Update for Microsoft XML core service 6.service pack 2
Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't load millypede wrote: > Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't > load Operating System? Service Pack level? Architecture? Anything that you have tried? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

chart formatted for Weeks, not Days
I am trying to graph some data in Excel 2002 SP3. Column A contains dates (1 date every 7 days) and Columns B through Z the actual data. On my graph I wish to change to eliminate the extra spaces between data points because every day is displayed, not just the weekly dates entered. The only options in the Format Axis I can find are Days, Months, Years. Where is the Weekly option ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks ! ...

Any utilities to remove the ALL the Microsoft formatting tags?
Hi Know any good utilities to help me strip out the tags that Microsoft Excel 2002 leaved behind when you try and export an HTML format file? This is driving me NUTS. And really makes me hate microsoft with a passion. I literally just want "compact HTML" - ie just the data, plus the minimal table structure and *NO FORMATTING CODES* of any sort!! I did have a utility but it was on my previous PC and I cant remember what it was called. I would be prepared to pay no more than say GBP 10.00 for such a utility (which I only need every couple of months...) Ship Shiperton Henethe p....

Confidentiality Notice #2
How do i configure Exchange 2003 to add a Confidentiality Notice at the bottom of all outgoing emails?? Can this be done without using Visual Basic? Thanks, Greg ...

Need help converting date time to date only
I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in m attachment. I want to convert this column in to date only. Pleas help. Thanks Geng Attachment filename: sales - open orders test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi without looking at your file you could use the following formula in a helper column =INT(A1) and format this cell as 'date' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in ...

using a UDF in place of a cond. format, b/c I need 4, not three
I know this is an age old topic here, and I'm really hoping that I don't just get referred to another web page [that type of help of course has its place and merits]. And if I had the time, I would have more fun going through docs and notes to find out how to do it, but time is not something I can barter. What I'm looking at is: I'm thinking along the lines of an example where I normally set the borders of my columns [except if it's the first row] in a cond. format via something like this: =AND((NOT(ISBLANK($A1))),(ROW()>1)) But, if I need that space for a Con...

Export to Excel question
I have a project where I must export my OUTLOOK 2002 data to EXCEL regularly for manipulation in EXCEL. When the OUTLOOK data is exported, all of the OUTLOOK fields are included. However, I only need a few fields (name, address, phone number). So I have to do a lot of deleting of EXCEL columns that I do not need, after each export. I would like to create a template of some kind that would have Outlook only export the few fields I need, instead of all of the OUTLOOK data. Is this possible, and if so, how? ...

newbie question: referencing a class from another class
A newbie question: I am having a problem referencing a class from another class. First, I have this statement in the HTMLEdit.cpp: // The one and only CHTMLEditApp object CHTMLEditApp theApp; Second, I have this statement in HTMLEdit.h under: class CHTMLEditApp : public CWinApp: public: CString fileName; Third, I have this statement in HTMLEdit.cpp under: BOOL CHTMLEditApp::InitInstance(): CString fileName; Forth, this is the problem. In: void CHTMLEditDoc::OnFileSaveAs() during debug in the "watch widow" I get: - theApp ...

custom header date formats
How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the date to display in a specific format (ex: MMDDYY or MMDDYYYY) Thanks! Ron --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use something like: & TEXT(Today(),"d-mmm-yy") HTH Otto "Ron777 >" <<Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com... > How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use > &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the...

Title Block Question
Greetings, I just started to use one of the small title blocks supplied with Visio 2003. Previously I used a simple text box. The title block has a nice feature that automatically inserts today's date. That is fine for today, however, when I open the file later, the date is automatically updated. Is there a way to use the automatic date insertion when first dragging the title block onto the drawing and then freezing the date? Or should I be thinking about a macro to write in a fixed date? Thanks foe your help! Ray This type of action can be done using the EventDrop cell in...

Incorrect Currency Displayed
When exporting data from a VB application to an Excel spreadsheet I am finding that the wrong currency symbol is displayed. OS used is XP. The XP regional settings and language are set for UK. When the data is exported the display for the currency data on the spreadsheet is a $ rather than £. When I try to format the cells in excel to set the currency symbol the dialog box displayed shows that the currency symbol for the cells is £ but no matter what I do when I close the dialog box the currency symbol on the spreadsheet is still a $ symbol. HELP! Thanks, Maxy Maxy, Tr...

Changing Functional Currency #3
Hi There is a live company ABC. We created the new company XYZ then I restore the live company database ABC to the newly created company XYZ by following the KB article 871973. Then we delete the all the transaction in XYZ company because we need the same company setup and masters with that we added required additional master data. The problem we are facing is we need to change the functional currency in XYZ company. How can we do this? Any one can help us Regards Nizham I don't believe you can change the functional in XYZ since there were transactions. Howabout creating a 123 com...

displaying dates in UK format
I didn't write the original database and my knowledge of database design is not good enough to duplicate the work already done. With a variety of computers running Windows98 and/or XP, using Access2003, I cannot get dates to display on my forms in UK format (i.e. dd/mm/yyyy or even d/m/yy). The computers in use all have the short date format set to dd/mm/yyyy in regional settings. I have read through http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html and tried the formatting suggested there and it didn't work for me. I added it to "Lost focus" and "OnExit" and ...

Exchange 2003 Question #6
What would be the implications of installing an Exchange 2003 server on my network, when an Exchange 2000 server already exists? TIA, James A part of the Installation and setup process is to prepare AD for the Exchange implementation (forestprep and domainprep). If you are attempting to install Exchange into the same AD, then it would assume that the same Exchange Org will be used for the new installation of Exchange, causing the 2 to be semi connected (also would depend on site configuration, etc) When you are mentioning "on my network" - are we assuming that you are using ...

Repost: Microsoft Money Small Business Questions
Re: Microsoft Money - Small Business - 4 quick questions 1 - Sales Orders: Will it let me enter a Sales Order ? 2 - Discounts: Will it let me offer the same paroduct/part number at different discounts? 3 - Discounts: Can I have different discounts assigned to different customes? (Cust A always get's 10% discount, Customer B always gets 15% discount, Customer X always gets a 40% discount 4 - Commissions or Royalties for 1099 individuals: Can I setup commissions or royalties to various 1099 people? (Designers, Authors, etc) (Commissions or Royalties vary from person ...

Question about Exchange 5.5 error message
I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but geographically separated by 300+ Kilometers. I was curious to understand why a message created on EXCH2 would not go out its IMS connector but out the IMS connector of EXCH1, which again is at a distant location. The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=ORGANIZATION;l=EXCH2-04xxxxxxx50Z-4xxx3 MSEXCH:IMS:ORGANIZATION:SAME_DOMAIN:EXCH1 3499 (000B09B6) Host unreachable Thanks Pat bigpat@freenet.de (Pat) wrote: >I have two Exchange 5.5 email servers running is the same domain, but >geographic...

Outlook Express #2
I have Outlook Express installed on two computers at two separate residences. Both are set to check the same comcast email address. One works fine but the other I keep getting errors when I try to send out emails etc. Should I be able to use Outlook express at two separate locations to check the same email at different times without a problem. Sounds a bit like the problem I am having (see my post from earlier today). Both my PCs are configured the same: one keeps prompting me for the POP3 password for each e-mail account, the other I have been able to successfully save the pa...

2 Axes, same scale wanted
Hi Is it possible to set my second y axis so that the scale is identical to the first y axis. (My chart needs to have 2 axes as one plots daily values and one plots annual) but I find that excel automatically assigns diferent scales to each? This same reference should apply to dual axis charts. You can apply scales to both primary and secondary axes using worksheet cells via Jon's explanation below. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "jonny" wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to set my sec...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...