1.2 Reporting problem

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C66799.C17B0540

Hi,

When I try and Export a list to Excel (Contacts, Leads, etc.) and select =
'All Pages' I get the error detailed below, if I choose 'Current page' =
it works fine! Any idea's what I'm doing wrong? (I'm trying to upgrade =
to v3, but that's another story!)

Thanks,

Rich

Client side error message:=20
      Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:=20
      Could not build list of attributes.=20
of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more =
information about the error and where it originated in the code.=20

      Exception Details: System.Exception: Could not build list of =
attributes.

      Source Error:=20
      An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the =
current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of =
the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. =20

Stack Trace:=20

[Exception: Could not build list of attributes.]
   Microsoft.Crm.Controls.QueryRecordset..ctor(User user, String =
strFetchXML, Int32 iBatchSize)
   Microsoft.Crm.Controls.GridPrintPage.ConfigureData()
   Microsoft.Crm.Controls.GridDataPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

Server Application Log:
MSCRM Application Error Report:

-------------------------------

Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of =
the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more =

Source File:=20

Line Number:=20

Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at =
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecution=
Step.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& =
completedSynchronously)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at=20

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C66799.C17B0540

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I try and Export a list to Excel =
(Contacts,=20
Leads, etc.) and select 'All Pages' I get the error detailed below, if I =
choose=20
'Current page' it works fine! Any idea's what I'm doing wrong? (I'm =
trying to=20
upgrade to v3, but that's another story!)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rich</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG><U><EM>Client side error =
message:=20
</EM></U></STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<TABLE cellSpacing=3D0 cellPadding=3D0 width=3D"100%">
  <TBODY>
  <TR>
    <TD class=3Dheader><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1>Microsoft CRM =
Unhandled Error=20
      Details:</FONT></TD></TR>
  <TR>
    <TD style=3D"PADDING-TOP: 16px">
      <H2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1>Could not build list of =
attributes.=20
      </FONT></H2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1>Description: An unhandled =
exception=20
      occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please =
review=20
      the stack trace for more information about the error and where it=20
      originated in the code. <BR><BR>Exception Details: =
System.Exception: Could=20
      not build list of attributes.<BR><BR>Source Error: <BR>An =
unhandled=20
      exception was generated during the execution of the current web =
request.=20
      Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can =
be=20
      identified using the exception stack trace below.=20
</FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1>Stack Trace: <BR><BR>[Exception: Could =
not build=20
list of attributes.]<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Microsoft.Crm.Controls.QueryRecordset..ctor(User user, String =
strFetchXML, Int32=20
iBatchSize)<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Microsoft.Crm.Controls.GridPrintPage.ConfigureData()<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Microsoft.Crm.Controls.GridDataPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1><FONT size=3D2><STRONG><U><EM>Server =
Application=20
Log:</EM></U></STRONG></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1><FONT size=3D1>
<P>MSCRM Application Error Report:</P>
<P>----------------------------------------------------------------------=
----------------------------------</P>
<P>Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution =
of the=20
current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information =
about=20
the error and where it originated in the code.</P>
<P>Source File: </P>
<P>Line Number: </P>
<P>Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)</P>
<P>at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()</P>
<P>at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()</P>
<P>at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)</P>
<P>at=20
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecution=
Step.Execute()</P>
<P>at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, =
Boolean&amp;=20
completedSynchronously)</P>
<P>For more information, see Help and Support Center at=20
</P></FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C66799.C17B0540--

0
rich-uk (3)
4/24/2006 11:22:30 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_431A4CF5

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the post.

First, be sure that you have Rollup 2 installed for CRM 1.2.

If Rollup 2 is already installed then here are some steps that may remedy
this problem:

1. Open IIS Manager and Open the Properties of the CRMAppPool. Click the
Identity Tab and see what account is running the CRMAppPool.

2. Open the Registry on the CRM Server. Go to
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM. Right click on the MSCRM Registry Hive and
select Permissions. Add the Account that's running the CRMAppPool
and give it full Control.

Now try the Export on this Server.

Please let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,
Mike

	PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix
	issues and simple how to questions.
�	======================================================
	We also love to hear your product feedback!
	Let us know what you think by posting
	from the web interface: Partner Feedback
	from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
	We look forward to hearing from you!
that others
	may learn and benefit from this issue.
rights.

------=_NextPart_0001_431A4CF5

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Rich,
\par
\par Thanks for the post.
\par
\par First, be sure that you have Rollup 2 installed for CRM 1.2.
\par
\par If Rollup 2 is already installed then here are some steps that may remedy this problem:
\par
\par 1. Open IIS Manager and Open the Properties of the CRMAppPool. Click the Identity Tab and see what account is running the CRMAppPool.
\par
\par 2. Open the Registry on the CRM Server. Go to HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\MSCRM. Right click on the MSCRM Registry Hive and select Permissions. Add the Account that's running the CRMAppPool
\par and give it full Control.
\par
\par Now try the Export on this Server.
\par
\par Please let me know if this helps.
\par
\par Kind regards,
\par Mike
\par
\par \tab ======================================================
\par \tab PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix
\par \tab issues and simple how to questions.
\par \~\tab ======================================================
\par \tab We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par \tab Let us know what you think by posting
\par \tab from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par \tab from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par \tab We look forward to hearing from you!
\par \tab ======================================================
\par \tab When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others
\par \tab may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par \tab ======================================================
\par \tab This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par \tab ======================================================
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_431A4CF5--

0
mchristl
4/25/2006 4:50:59 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_43B7B75C

Hi Rich,

I forgot to mention:  Be sure to back up the registry before making any
edits there.  :-)

Kind regards,
Mike

	PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix
	issues and simple how to questions.
�	======================================================
	We also love to hear your product feedback!
	Let us know what you think by posting
	from the web interface: Partner Feedback
	from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
	We look forward to hearing from you!
that others
	may learn and benefit from this issue.
rights.

------=_NextPart_0001_43B7B75C

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Rich,
\par
\par I forgot to mention:  Be sure to back up the registry before making any edits there.  :-)
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_43B7B75C--

0
mchristl
4/25/2006 7:55:51 PM
Thanks, that worked a treat.

I shall now implant some of the hair I've pulled out :-)

Rich

"Mike Christl" <mchristl@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Rich,
>
> I forgot to mention:  Be sure to back up the registry before making any
> edits there.  :-)
>
> Kind regards,
> Mike

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
> break/fix
> issues and simple how to questions.
> We also love to hear your product feedback!
> Let us know what you think by posting
> from the web interface: Partner Feedback
> from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> that others
> may learn and benefit from this issue.
> rights.

Richard
4/26/2006 10:19:35 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_534C5A0E

Thanks for the update Rich,

I shall archive this thread.

Cheers!

Mike

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We
look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_534C5A0E

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Thanks for the update Rich,
\par
\par I shall archive this thread.
\par
\par Cheers!
\par
\par Mike
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par }