Jack

0
Jack
4/25/2006 8:00:14 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

AutoUpdate Not Seeing 12.0.1
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is anyone having the problem where AutoUpdate does not see Office 2008 Update 12.0.1? I've run it manually, and it shows no needed updates. I've also, manually downloaded the AutoUpdate 2.1.1 update and applied it manually again, but still no updates available. I'm a little at a loss. On 3/11/08 10:16 PM, in article ee93612.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Zerocool@officeformac.com" <Zerocool@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Process...

default appointment times problems
When i re-open outlook and go to the calender, all the appointments times have changed to 1am on the start day - 1am on the day after it waqs meant to finish. So a 12 day appointment is now shown as over 2 days. How do you change the default appointment time settings so an appointment which is just typed into the day is from 9am - 5pm for example and will stay as a 1 day event when opening and closing outlook? All day events are 12 -12, not 9-5. If you want it 9-5, you need to make it for 9-5. All day appointment change to 1 -1 if you change the time zone or DST settings aft...

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

convert a number to text (in english)
How can i convert a number to text , but in english (for example, i have the number 12345 stored on cell A1 and i want to somehow have the text "Twelve thousand and three hunderd and fourty five" in another cell, for example cell A2). i tried to do it using BAHTTEXT but i get a nonreadable text. Costa, Put the functions below into a standard codemodule - watch line wrapping errors - and use it by entering =MakeWords(12345) or =MakeWords(A2) where A2 contains 12345 HTH, Bernie Function MakeWords(ByVal InValue As Double) As String MakeWords = "" n = InValue tr...

CRM 3.0 demo password
I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or password .... anyone seen this and found an answer Thanks -- Nigel London Same thing happened today for my fresh install. Must have put it in 8 times, then suddenly, it took it. Installed it on another pc with no problem. Go figure. Steve "Nigel" wrote: > I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log > on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or > password ......

XML Deserialization #3
Hi all Im building an object model so I can deserialize my incoming XML and Ive got a wee problem My incoming XML looks like this .... <Surnames> <Surname>Kelly</Surname> <AlternativeSurnames> <AlternativeSurname>Hill</AlternativeSurname> <AlternativeSurname>Bell</AlternativeSurname> </AlternativeSurnames> </Surnames> .... Have 3 classes - AlternativeSurname, AlternativeSurnamesCollection and Surnames. namespace PROMOD { using System; using System.Xml; using System.Xml.Serialization; [Syste...

Smaller than 0 to return a 0 result
Every tenant gets one free go per week. I need to create a formula where where any negative numbers are returned as a '0' result. ('01'!C3+'02'!C3+'03'!C3+'04'!C3+'05'!C3+'06'!C3+'07'!C3-1) Returns a -1 result. I need it to return '0' answer. Well - first let's fix the formula. This assumes your sheets '01' through '07' are ALL side by side Rewrite ('01'!C3+'02'!C3+'03'!C3+'04'!C3+'05'!C3+'06'!C3+'07'!C3-1) as =SUM('01...

IIS OWA HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? Here is the fix!! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;883380 >-----Original Message----- >We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to >ac...

Simple workflow rule in 4.0. ...I think.
I have a user who "accidently" closed many of the Activities (phone calls, emails, etc.) by accident. I'd like to re-open them, so I thought I'd take advantage of CRM 4.0 and make a simple workflow rule to do this. I figured the primary entity you'd need to change is "task" no? I save and publish a simple rule, but it does not show up when I click on "Run workflow" under Activities. I've tested it the same situation on other entities (contacts, etc.) and it works fine. Any ideas? Has anyone else done this? -- Sketchy Hi Sketchy! S...

Outlook hanging #2
When I open Outlook it is slow to check send/receive. Once open, it appears to be randomly hanging when I click on a message to open it. Especially those with attachments. I have to control, alt, delete to move on. When I open the details window in the error report window it has "szAppName:OUTLOOK.EXE szAppVer: 10.0.4510.0 szModName:hungapp szModVer: 0.0.0.0 offset:00000000". I can't seem to get past this problem, and have been unable to find anything to help me fix it. ...

Outlook 2000 & Vista #2
Can anyone tell me whether Outlook 2000 (from Ofice 2000) is compatible with Vista? If so, where might I find support to complete the installation? I keep getting an "Operation Cancelled" message anytime I try to sign in or set Outlook 2000 as my default. Thanks -- Steve Only 2003 and above is fully compatible OL2k is out of support as is OLxp "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACAE99AB-0EAB-4523-9304-AFAB18AB724C@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me whether Outlook 2000 (from Ofice 2000) is compatible > with > Vista? I...

Changing name from Arabic to English
I, m registering all new recruitment employees so always I'm writing the employee name by Arabic and English. So there is any code to change automatically the person name for Arabic to English ...

CheckBox #2
I have a sheet with a checkbox in column A and a value in column B. There are about 30 rows of this data. The user selects the items they want to view and I run VBA code based on their selection. I want to turn the checkboxes on and off within VBA but can't figure out what each checkbox is named and how to reference it in VBA code. I just need to do something like: CheckBox13 = True Checkbox 99 = False like in Access Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance. Is ActiveSheet.CheckBox13 = True what you need ? Regards.. Daniel "PeterM" <PeterM@discussions.microsoft...

Date formatting in Excel #2
How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. Hi When no year is typed, excel would assume it is the current year. You would ahve to type the full date (including 2004) for it to display as Oct 2004. Use Format - cells - date and then select the particular format you want from the options there. >-----Original Message----- >How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I >type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. >. > ...

Sales Pipeline Report #2
Anybody had problems with this report in terms of the group by Date function. Cannot get the date order of the report to work in terms of ordering by Estimated Close date. Am posting here in the attempt to get anyone out there to help me please... have been pulling my hair out in looking at the query in this report to work out how to order by Estimated Close Date! Thanks in advance, Charlie Absolutely. The CRM 4.0 Sales Pipeline report group by Date does not work correctly when using non-US CRM date formats. I have logged this as an issue with MSFT support, who accept there is a ...

Dynamic Range #3
I'm sure this has been answered before but nothing I've read here has helped me. I had a chart in a workbook I made in Excel 2003. Worked fine until I "upgraded" to 2007. The chart gets its data from column K on another worksheet. In 2003, it was: Series Y Values: =Table!$K$4:$K$60000 This worked fine in 2003, but in 2007 it seems to be trying to calculate ALL those extra rows. I only put them in there to make sure all values got added to the chart as the number of rows with actual numbers changes (realistically it would never take up that many rows). 2003 ig...

Excel macros page breaks but not on row 1 and column value in footer
Hi, I have seen some posts that are similar, but no one seems to have the problem that I am having. I will post my macro in this, for anyone that is interested. My users get a csv file every month, and we have to clean it up. This macro does that. My last issues are this: 1) having the spreadsheet create page breaks whenever the value in column B changes. Below is just that code. Code: col = 2 LastRw = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For X = 2 To LastRw If Cells(X, col) <> Cells(X - 1, col) And Cells(X, col) <> Range("B1") Then ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks...

Viewing 2 worksheets in the same workbook
Is there a way of viewing data on two separate worksheets in the same workbook in a similar way to splitting a single worksheet? Thanks Choose Window> New Window Choose Window> Arrange Select Tile (or one of the other options), and check the box 'Windows of active workbook' Click OK In each of the windows, select a different worksheet to view. Ant wrote: > Is there a way of viewing data on two separate worksheets in the same > workbook in a similar way to splitting a single worksheet? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures....

Installed from CD, apps in "trial" mode #2
I went through the whole procedure again. Here is the list of files in the Trash: com.microsoft.Office.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Excel.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Entourage.prefs.plist com.microsoft.Entourage.plist com.microsoft.OfficeNotifications.plist Office Font Cache (11) Microsoft Office ACL [English] OLE Registration Database 11 OfficeSync Prefs Custom Dictionary Office 11 First Run Entourage Preferences Proofing Tool Preferences Office Registration Cache 11 OK, the Remove Office tool is operating correctly, there's something else wrong. Check back in a few days, I'm escalatin...

Mailbox Manager and Moved Mailboxes #2
I set up a new exchange 2003 server and moved mailboxes over to it from an old exchange 5.5 server. Then I ran mailbox manager on the 2003 server in Report Only mode. The report came back all zeros. The only policy I set up was a 30 day limit on deleted items, and I know there were deleted items in the mailboxes I moved older than that. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I just moved the mailboxes recently, so they haven't been on this particular server for 30 days? I read that Mailbox Manager uses three dates to see if it should process a message- PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TI...

New personal finance resource website open #2
--_NextPart_00009772-00002116-10DD2067-6005 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit New Personal Finance Resource Website Open http://www.your-personal-finances.com/ - Free articles and information on personal finance --_NextPart_00009772-00002116-10DD2067-6005-- *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com *** ...

MultiCurrency Setup #2
created an exchange rate table HKD TO CNY. I'm stuck on #7, HKD TO CNY not available from the Exchange Table window screen. Here's what I have done so far. 1. Setup currencies (setup-system-currency) 2. Assign company access to currencies (setup-system-multicurrency access) 3. Setup exchange rate tables (setup-system-exchange table) 4. Assign exchange rates (cards-system-exchange table) 5. Assign company access to exchange rates (setup-system-multicurrency) 6. Set Multicurrency defaults to a company (setup-financial-multicurrency) 7. Assign rate type to rate tables (setup-financial-...

Duplicate .pst files #3
How do I get rid of a extra .pst file for Microsoft Outlook 2000? My operating system is Microsoft Windows Professional 2000. My company does not have Microsoft Exchange. We use Novell as a server. Somehow I ended up with two .pst folders: The Outlook Today, and one that is named "Personal Folders". I can't close it the Personal Folders; if I try to close it, I get the error; "The operation failed, the object could not be found". It gives me the same message when I go into the personal properties, advanced section. I went into mail icon in the Contacts folder, but i...

RPC Latency #2
My Exchange 2003 box is experiencing high RPC Latency problems yet I can't decipher exactly why. The Averaged Latency is peaking at >90ms but usually sits around 50 - 65ms yet the RPC requests are very low What should I be looking for that is causing these latency problems? On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:08:10 -0500, "Larry" <Larry@domain.local> wrote: >My Exchange 2003 box is experiencing high RPC Latency problems yet I can't >decipher exactly why. The Averaged Latency is peaking at >90ms but usually >sits around 50 - 65ms yet the RPC requests are ve...

Upgrade Excel 2003 to 2007 = loads of #div/0
There is a strange behaviour in my Worksheet since the upgrade from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. As soon as I "touch" some cells in the sheet, I get loads of #div/0 errors in some cells. Holding F9 (forcing calculations) until all cells have been calculated, solves the problem. When the problem occurs, the first offending cell has a simple subtraction, (three cells, one of them has a fixed 0 value), no divisions. Calculation option is set to Automatic. Can someone explain what's happening? This is not how Excel 2007 behaves. I would seem you have a corrupt w...