"the path is not of a legal form" during CRM install

Hi all,

On a couple different servers while installing various CRM components I've
run into an error that halts installation. On the "Select Installation
Location" screen for the CRM outlook client and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Data Migration manager setup I get a dialogue box with a big red X that reads
"The path is not of a legal form" with an OK button. Hitting OK returns to to
the installation location screen, but if you hit next it just keeps popping
up, leaving you with cancel as the only option.

The illegal path does not seem to refer to the install path as you can
change that to anywhere you like and still get the same error. Googling the
error messages returns some .net programming topics but nothing about CRM or
installers. I would have written this off as a glitch but I'm getting it now
on two completely unrelated servers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

hi all,

i get the same error, when i try to install the CRM data mirgration wizard.

some weeks before, the installation works on the same machine with any
problems...

do have have any solutions?
regards
thomas

"Rob Landolt" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On a couple different servers while installing various CRM components I've
> run into an error that halts installation. On the "Select Installation
> Location" screen for the CRM outlook client and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM
> Data Migration manager setup I get a dialogue box with a big red X that reads
> "The path is not of a legal form" with an OK button. Hitting OK returns to to
> the installation location screen, but if you hit next it just keeps popping
> up, leaving you with cancel as the only option.
>
> The illegal path does not seem to refer to the install path as you can
> change that to anywhere you like and still get the same error. Googling the
> error messages returns some .net programming topics but nothing about CRM or
> installers. I would have written this off as a glitch but I'm getting it now
> on two completely unrelated servers.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rob