"An Unknown Error Has Occurred. Retry the Action" - in SFO over a trust to MSCRM server

Experiencing some issues with CRM running over a two way external trust. I
have installed it this way to learn these issues.
Assuming that since the NT trust to a CRM active domain controller is one
route, that this must be able to be setup to be possible.
I also had to install Exchange and Exchange Router on the CRM domain even
though I have Exchange on the non-CRM one. I was told this was necessary,
anybody got it to work without needing to do this I wonder.

My current issue however I am having is that the SFO client, although
RUNNING and installed on a number of machines, produces the following error
trying to go offline:-

"An Unknown Error Has Occurred. Retry the Action"

I have tried following two solutions on the partner web, and they are not
resolutions (local admin=yes, replication monitor = successful for both
databases.)

Does this mean that, in fact MSCRM SFO is ALWAYS installed into a machine
joined to the CRM domain and logged in as such a user, instead of logged
into the NON-CRM domain (but the username in MSCRM is setup as this Non-CRM
domain, and otherwise works with the browser, and other features of the SFO
besides SYNC) ?

Tony

0
TonyF
8/13/2004 1:23:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is a hotfix for this problem. Take a look at the article KB831190.
"TonyF" wrote:

> Experiencing some issues with CRM running over a two way external trust. I
> have installed it this way to learn these issues.
> Assuming that since the NT trust to a CRM active domain controller is one
> route, that this must be able to be setup to be possible.
> I also had to install Exchange and Exchange Router on the CRM domain even
> though I have Exchange on the non-CRM one. I was told this was necessary,
> anybody got it to work without needing to do this I wonder.
>
> My current issue however I am having is that the SFO client, although
> RUNNING and installed on a number of machines, produces the following error
> trying to go offline:-
>
> "An Unknown Error Has Occurred. Retry the Action"
>
> I have tried following two solutions on the partner web, and they are not
> resolutions (local admin=yes, replication monitor = successful for both
> databases.)
>
> Does this mean that, in fact MSCRM SFO is ALWAYS installed into a machine
> joined to the CRM domain and logged in as such a user, instead of logged
> into the NON-CRM domain (but the username in MSCRM is setup as this Non-CRM
> domain, and otherwise works with the browser, and other features of the SFO
> besides SYNC) ?
>
> Tony

"An Unknown Error Has Occurred. Retry the Action"
Experiencing some issues with CRM running over a two way external trust. I have installed it this way to learn these issues. Assuming that since the NT trust to a CRM active domain controller is one route, that this must be able to be setup to be possible. I also had to install Exchange and Exchange Router on the CRM domain even though I have Exchange on the non-CRM one. I was told this was necessary, anybody got it to work without needing to do this I wonder. My current issue however I am having is that the SFO client, although RUNNING and installed on a number of machines, produces the fol...

"an unknown error has occurred. retry the action" When going offline?
I searched the NG before posting, so here goes.... We have a user that is having a problem with going offline with CRM 3.0 running with Office 2007 Pro, on XP Pro. I just installed this yesterday for him while he was in the office, and he was able to go online, and offline with no problems, multiple times. Now he is home, and cannot go offline, while working through the VPN? he is able to use CRM through the Outlook Client, but when he clicks the "go offline" button, he get the "an unknown error has occurred. retry the action" error. Any help would be greatly appre...