Working in with Pages on Tab

I want to know if this is possible and if so, how? I have a form with a Tab
control with 3 Pages on it. I want to know if it is possible to set it up
such that when the form is open, I can open the Tab control Page to any one
of the thress pages.
Take for instance, when the form is Loaded but I want it to open to Page 2
or Page 3 of the Tab control. How do I do that?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I take it you want to programmatically open the form, and then choose Page 2
of the tab control?

The code would be like this:
    DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1"
    With Forms("Form1")
        .MyTab = MyPage2.PageIndex
    End With

Substitute:
- your form name for Form1
- your tab contorl name for MyTab
- your page control name for MyPage2.

"Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to know if this is possible and if so, how? I have a form with a Tab
> control with 3 Pages on it. I want to know if it is possible to set it up
> such that when the form is open, I can open the Tab control Page to any
> one
> of the thress pages.
> Take for instance, when the form is Loaded but I want it to open to Page 2
> or Page 3 of the Tab control. How do I do that?

0
Allen
3/5/2008 4:27:34 AM
Thank you so much Allen.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> I take it you want to programmatically open the form, and then choose Page 2
> of the tab control?
>
> The code would be like this:
>     DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1"
>     With Forms("Form1")
>         .MyTab = MyPage2.PageIndex
>     End With
>
> Substitute:
> - your form name for Form1
> - your tab contorl name for MyTab
> - your page control name for MyPage2.

> "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to know if this is possible and if so, how? I have a form with a Tab
> > control with 3 Pages on it. I want to know if it is possible to set it up
> > such that when the form is open, I can open the Tab control Page to any
> > one
> > of the thress pages.
> > Take for instance, when the form is Loaded but I want it to open to Page 2
> > or Page 3 of the Tab control. How do I do that?

I tried the suggestion you made but I am still getting an "Object Required"
error. Below is the full code. Maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong.
Thanks Allen.

Function OpenSiteRecordForEditing()

On Error GoTo Error_OpenSiteRecordForEditing

DoCmd.Minimize

    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmSiteConstruction_Information", datamode:=acFormEdit, _
        wherecondition:="[SITE NUMBER]='" & Me.[SITE NUMBER] & "'",
OpenArgs:=Me.Name
    With Forms("frmSiteConstruction_Information")
        .TabCtl90 = PgOtherDates.PageIndex(1)
    End With

Exit_OpenSiteRecordForEditing:
    Exit Function

Error_OpenSiteRecordForEditing:
    MsgBox Err & ": " & Err.Description
    OpenSiteRecordForEditing = False
    Resume Exit_OpenSiteRecordForEditing
End Function

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> I take it you want to programmatically open the form, and then choose Page 2
> of the tab control?
>
> The code would be like this:
>     DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1"
>     With Forms("Form1")
>         .MyTab = MyPage2.PageIndex
>     End With
>
> Substitute:
> - your form name for Form1
> - your tab contorl name for MyTab
> - your page control name for MyPage2.

> "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to know if this is possible and if so, how? I have a form with a Tab
> > control with 3 Pages on it. I want to know if it is possible to set it up
> > such that when the form is open, I can open the Tab control Page to any
> > one
> > of the thress pages.
> > Take for instance, when the form is Loaded but I want it to open to Page 2
> > or Page 3 of the Tab control. How do I do that?

PageIndex isn't an array or collection. It's an integer value between 0 and
one less than the value of Pages.Count for the tab control.

Try changing

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

>I tried the suggestion you made but I am still getting an "Object Required"
> error. Below is the full code. Maybe you can tell me what I am doing
> wrong.
> Thanks Allen.
>
> Function OpenSiteRecordForEditing()
>
> On Error GoTo Error_OpenSiteRecordForEditing
>
> DoCmd.Minimize
>
>    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmSiteConstruction_Information", datamode:=acFormEdit,
> _
>        wherecondition:="[SITE NUMBER]='" & Me.[SITE NUMBER] & "'",
> OpenArgs:=Me.Name
>    With Forms("frmSiteConstruction_Information")
>        >    End With
>
> Exit_OpenSiteRecordForEditing:
>    Exit Function
>
> Error_OpenSiteRecordForEditing:
>    MsgBox Err & ": " & Err.Description
>    OpenSiteRecordForEditing = False
>    Resume Exit_OpenSiteRecordForEditing
> End Function
>

> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> I take it you want to programmatically open the form, and then choose
>> Page 2
>> of the tab control?
>>
>> The code would be like this:
>>     DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1"
>>     With Forms("Form1")
>>         .MyTab = MyPage2.PageIndex
>>     End With
>>
>> Substitute:
>> - your form name for Form1
>> - your tab contorl name for MyTab
>> - your page control name for MyPage2.
>>
>> --
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>
>> "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to know if this is possible and if so, how? I have a form with a
>> >Tab
>> > control with 3 Pages on it. I want to know if it is possible to set it
>> > up
>> > such that when the form is open, I can open the Tab control Page to any
>> > one
>> > of the thress pages.
>> > Take for instance, when the form is Loaded but I want it to open to
>> > Page 2
>> > or Page 3 of the Tab control. How do I do that?

0
Douglas
3/5/2008 5:36:31 PM
I am still getting the same error message and it is not working.

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> PageIndex isn't an array or collection. It's an integer value between 0 and
> one less than the value of Pages.Count for the tab control.
>
> Try changing
>
>   .TabCtl90 = PgOtherDates.PageIndex(1)

>   .TabCtl90 = PgOtherDates.PageIndex
>

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried the suggestion you made but I am still getting an "Object Required"
> > error. Below is the full code. Maybe you can tell me what I am doing
> > wrong.
> > Thanks Allen.
> >
> > Function OpenSiteRecordForEditing()
> >
> > On Error GoTo Error_OpenSiteRecordForEditing
> >
> > DoCmd.Minimize
> >
> >    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmSiteConstruction_Information", datamode:=acFormEdit,
> > _
> >        wherecondition:="[SITE NUMBER]='" & Me.[SITE NUMBER] & "'",
> > OpenArgs:=Me.Name
> >    With Forms("frmSiteConstruction_Information")
> >        >    End With
> >
> > Exit_OpenSiteRecordForEditing:
> >    Exit Function
> >
> > Error_OpenSiteRecordForEditing:
> >    MsgBox Err & ": " & Err.Description
> >    OpenSiteRecordForEditing = False
> >    Resume Exit_OpenSiteRecordForEditing
> > End Function
> >

> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> I take it you want to programmatically open the form, and then choose
> >> Page 2
> >> of the tab control?
> >>
> >> The code would be like this:
> >>     DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1"
> >>     With Forms("Form1")
> >>         .MyTab = MyPage2.PageIndex
> >>     End With
> >>
> >> Substitute:
> >> - your form name for Form1
> >> - your tab contorl name for MyTab
> >> - your page control name for MyPage2.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> >> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> >> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> >>
> >> "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Okay, both Allen and I missed a period, which is why you're getting the
error message. Since PgOtherDates is the name of a Page control on the form,
it should have been:

..TabCtl90 = .PgOtherDates.PageIndex

However, it turns out Allen was incorrect that that would do what you want.

Instead, use

  DoCmd.OpenForm "frmSiteConstruction_Information", datamode:=acFormEdit, _
        wherecondition:="[SITE NUMBER]='" & Me.[SITE NUMBER] & "'", _
        OpenArgs:=Me.Name
  With Forms("frmSiteConstruction_Information")
        .PgOtherDates.SetFocus
  End With

Sorry about that.

Let me add, though, that the reason you got that particular error message is
because you haven't told Access to require that all variables be declared.
Look at the top of your module. It should have the line

Option Explicit

there (either the 1st or 2nd line)

If you had that line there, you would have got a "Variable not defined"
error instead, because Access would have assumed PgOtherDates was a
variable.

Go into the VB Editor and select Tools | Options. Look on the Editor tab.
The checkbox "Require variable declaration" should be  checked. That will
ensure that Option Explicit gets added to all future modules.
(Unfortunately, you'll have to go and add it manually to all the existing
modules). While it may be a pain having to correct any oversights in your
code, having that option set will ultimately save you hours of time.

--

>I am still getting the same error message and it is not working.
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> PageIndex isn't an array or collection. It's an integer value between 0
>> and
>> one less than the value of Pages.Count for the tab control.
>>
>> Try changing
>>
>>   .TabCtl90 = PgOtherDates.PageIndex(1)

>>   .TabCtl90 = PgOtherDates.PageIndex

0
Douglas
3/5/2008 8:07:26 PM
Thank you some much guys. You've both been a great help.

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Okay, both Allen and I missed a period, which is why you're getting the
> error message. Since PgOtherDates is the name of a Page control on the form,
> it should have been:
>
> ..TabCtl90 = .PgOtherDates.PageIndex
>
> However, it turns out Allen was incorrect that that would do what you want.
>
> Instead, use
>
>   DoCmd.OpenForm "frmSiteConstruction_Information", datamode:=acFormEdit, _
>         wherecondition:="[SITE NUMBER]='" & Me.[SITE NUMBER] & "'", _
>         OpenArgs:=Me.Name
>   With Forms("frmSiteConstruction_Information")
>         .PgOtherDates.SetFocus
>   End With
>
> Sorry about that.
>
> Let me add, though, that the reason you got that particular error message is
> because you haven't told Access to require that all variables be declared.
> Look at the top of your module. It should have the line
>
> Option Explicit
>
> there (either the 1st or 2nd line)
>
> If you had that line there, you would have got a "Variable not defined"
> error instead, because Access would have assumed PgOtherDates was a
> variable.
>
> Go into the VB Editor and select Tools | Options. Look on the Editor tab.
> The checkbox "Require variable declaration" should be  checked. That will
> ensure that Option Explicit gets added to all future modules.
> (Unfortunately, you'll have to go and add it manually to all the existing
> modules). While it may be a pain having to correct any oversights in your
> code, having that option set will ultimately save you hours of time.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am still getting the same error message and it is not working.
> >
> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> PageIndex isn't an array or collection. It's an integer value between 0
> >> and
> >> one less than the value of Pages.Count for the tab control.
> >>
> >> Try changing
> >>
> >>   .TabCtl90 = PgOtherDates.PageIndex(1)

> >>   .TabCtl90 = PgOtherDates.PageIndex

Exchange doesn't work on Comcast <a8b4472c-4eb6-40f2-ac68-d0f9b77f50eb@z24g2000prf.googlegroups.com>
I just upgraded to Outlook 2007, and suddenly I am no longer able to connect to my exchange server that is hosted by 4smartphone through my Comcast internet. However, if I change the same computer over to my AT&T DSL internet it works just fine. What can I go to comcast with to ask them to change on their servers?? ...

Problem with empty page
hi asp.net 3.5 I have a webpage which if it has a querystring attached it'll display some usefull information. But if no querystring is attached it displays this content: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD> <BODY></BODY></HTML> I've tryed to put some logic into the page so when no querystring is used it should give some values to a Literal control on the page. That code executes ...

"Microsoft Outlook Stopped Working" error
Hi all, may I firstly apologise if I seem stupid in anything I say here; I have always used another PIM programme in the past with only the occasional dalliance with any version of Outlook. I am running Vista (Fully updated) Home Premium on a Tosh laptop (32 bit) 1.73 Gb 2GM Ram. I recently installed Outlook 2007 (I also have Office Home & Student 2007 (service desk edition?) which I have been using for a year or so.) The problem is that I keep getting this error when using Outlook. (for example 4 time in 15 mins). I have removed the programme (to ensure no trace o...

OWA not work properly
When users go to http://sitename/exchange they get the yellow OWA screen without the graphics. If I enter username, I get "HTTP Error 404 - Not Found". I have NT 4.0 SP6a, Exchange 5.5 SP4, and IIS 4.0 with all the latest updates. In Internet Service Manager, in the Default Web Site properties, I have the redirect to the above URL in the Home Directory tab. Under the Directory Security tab I have both Anonymous and Challenge/Response. In the Exchange folder properties (in Internet Service Manager) under the Virtual Directory tab I have the Local Path "c:\exchsrvr\webdata&quo...

PrintPreview
Hello, I developed a VC++/MFC SDI application. The program supports PrintPreview. However, I only want the user to go forward ("Next Page") and not backward ("Prev Page"). How do I hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons? TIA, Jacques Hello All, I found a nice Print Preview replacement toolbar (with bitmap buttons) on codeguru. To hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons, simply remove them from the CMyPreviewView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) method. The article was written by Robin J. Leatherbarrow. Thank...

Mouse scroll not working in Module window
Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works everywhere else in Access ok? Any ideas appreciated. Piri yeah don't use ancient software, kid "Piri" <wiremu.pareiha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178247184.740213.222110@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro > Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the > mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works > everywhere else i...

How do you print the last page of an 8 page banner in Publisher?
When I make a large banner, I would like to select a particular page to print. The print preview option allows selection of pages 1,2, etc but does not allow for example only the last page. Print to a PDF... http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "FredSC" <FredSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78386D22-8473-4EC8-A032-82F802A26C59@microsoft.com... > When I make a large banner, I would like to select a particular page to > print. The print preview option allow...

Tab Control #7
Hi, I'm using a basic tab control, how to place a bitmap image onto it ? Can a bitmap image be inserted only on the tab strips. (what i mean by tab strips is the part of tab, which holds name for that tab). Also, how to get the 3D effect for the tab ? (Like XP tabs) Hi You can bitblt for each tab clicks. I mean when you change the tab just repaint the dialog with new bitmap. Best regards, Amal Quote raj: Can a bitmap image be inserted only on the tab strips. (what i mean by tab strips is the part of tab, which holds name for that tab). ------------------------------------- Y...

Spacing between paragraphs at bottom of page
I consider myself an advanced user with Word, but this annoyance has fooled me. How do I stop the additional spacing between paragraphs at the end of pages? This happens when I have a longer paragraph, and the document decides to keep the text altogether rather than on two separate pages. Any idea on how this can be fixed? Thanks! It's not clear to me what you're describing, but perhaps there is something in http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm that will apply to your problem. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, A...

Tab Index
Hello, I'm faced with a weird problem that I have never seen before and was hoping someone could enlighten me as to the fix. I am trying to set the Tab Index in a form (access 2000). The form/page contains 15 controls. I am simply trying set them sequentially. 0.1.2.3.4... not a complicated thing (normally). However, I can't get the values to stick. I will enter a value move on and come back and it has been changed? I will enter a value goto another property and the value changes in front of me? Anyone have any ideas what the heck is going on? Thank you, Daniel P If yo...

OWA renders Page cannot be displayed
Hi, We are have Exchange 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server. We are allowing access to OWA from outside the network through SSL. We are having a problem with a few emails giving a page cannot be displayed error when trying to view them. These same emails can be viewed with no problems from inside the network(not using SSL). We have URLScan installed, but I can't see anything in the .ini file that would cause these emails to not display correctly. Any suggestions? ...

on tab out
hi, got a rather easy one, but i am not able to figure out meself. i am using 2 text boxes and a command button (control, not form) on sheet. i would like tab out to activate / focus on the next box and then th command button, as and when data entry is perfomed and tab button i hit. any ideas? thanks, mac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 01:23:46 -0600, icestationzbra <<icestationzbra.10iyxk@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >got a rather easy one, but i am not able to figure out meself. > >i am using 2 text boxes and a command b...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

is there any way to STACK the page tabs?
I have a worksheet with lots of sheets (pages?) each one of which naturally has its own tab. Is there any way these tabs can be "Stacked" so to be all visible at the bottom of the page, rather than have to scroll sideways in order to see the tabs? TIA Excel 2002 This is not possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mighty Magpie" <mighty.magpie@home> wrote in message news:LAPVb.2214$vo1.1147@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net... > I have a worksheet with lots of sheets (pages?) each one of whic...

HQ Options not working
Hi! When I open the HQ Configuration window, there is a list of Checkboxes for "Enabled" - "Disabled" for : - Automatically create inter-store receive inventory order - Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order and other! This window doesn't work, and when accepting changes, and open the window again, all checkboxes are clear!! And of course, those options do not work neither! I'm working by lauching inter-store trasnfers from HQ, but would like to have stores deciding this by its own. Anybody know something about this. Maybe how to set this featu...

script error running reports from home pages, why??
I'm not a GP user/expert, we recently installed GP2010. Since then one user has said, "When I try to run reports from the home pages, I am getting this script error and cannot run any reports." The error is: Line 47 Char 5 Error The system cannot find the file specified Code 0 URL: file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp/AE8.tmp I have received differing responses to this issue: 1) enable the Run command on the Start menu of our XenApp server for the regular domain users, which I view as a big security risk 2) "the UserData folder does not exist in the %ap...

How to control what tabs are displayed in Active Directory Users and Computers
I do not see the value to allow the delegate to change the City, State, Country, Office. What am I doing wrong. (see info below) Also is there a way to limit the view of what is shown in Active Directory users and computers, so the Delegate only sees the General, Address, Telephone and Organization tabs? I know the step below lock them out of the other tabs, but there would be less confusion..even if it is registry hack on that local pc. Here are the steps I have done so far: Step 1. Create a Security Group Called 'XYZ' (call it what ever you want Step 2. Open Active Directory User...

saved passwords not working
I have 4 email accounts in outlook 2002. Everytime Outlook is started, it prompts me for my passwords on each account, even though they are saved. It only does this when it is started for the first time and it saves the passwords for the rest of the session. But, the next time Outlook is restarted, it prompts me for the passwords again. I have SP2 installed and have searched the support KB for this problem. Anyhelp would be appreciated. Carley@CarleyCapers.com ...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...

Hyperlink from intranet web page
I have created an intranet web page that displays GP data and information from tables that I created. I would like to know if there is a way to hyperlink the Return Doc ID from the web page and have that open the RMA Entry/Update window in GP and display all the info for that return? Glenn You cannot achieve this. In Business Portal, option of calling GP window exists through Back office which requires Terminal services and GP Login as well. Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP On May 13, 4:34=A0pm, Glenn_Lasowski <GlennLasow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created an i...

Report header below page header
I want a report heading on the first page - but I would like it to be below the page header (so that my page header is identically positioned on all pages). Alternatively I want a part of my page header only displayed on the first page. How can this be made? -- Diane I expect you could create a new Group Header section on a constant like: =1 Display the header for this group. It will display only once and will be positioned below the first Page Header section. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "DianePDavies" wrote: > I want a report headin...

Page Break & Upper Lower
How do you add a page break in a report? I also need to change a name from all upper to Upper and lower....is this possible? There's a Page Break control in the tool box. It's the icon that looks like two pages of text, one over the other, with a small right-pointing triangle between the pages. Drag it onto your report like you would any other control. For your Name, assuming the control source for your text box is currently something like PersonName, change it to =StrConv([PersonName], 3) Make sure you include the equal sign. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am...

Sending page by e-mail locks up computer
IE 6, Outlook 2000, Windows 2000 Professional. Each time I send a web page by e-mail to someone using Outlook, the e-mail goes through fine to my recipients, but my computer locks up. Eventually, I manage to close everything down via the task manager (and that too takes a while to get to), and then I have to reboot to regain access to Outlook. This, too, first has to be done in the safe mode so that the open mailbox can be closed up, and then I can get back to my normal operations by logging out and loggin back in. Can someone please help witth what settings I should look at either...

balance on home page disagrees with balance of account
I'm still using Money 2004 (waiting for wildcard support in payee rules before upgrading) and WinXP Pro SP2, fully updated. In case the subject line doesn't adequately explain the problem: Of the many accounts I keep in Money, I have one (and only one) where the *ending* balance on the account page differs from the ending balance shown on the home page. I've tried to repair the file twice (standard method), but, alas, no joy. I'd be extremely grateful for any ideas on how I might fix this. In microsoft.public.money, Stimpy Stimperson wrote: >I'm still using Money ...