Word Converted My WordPerfect Documents

Hi.  I installed a trial version of OFFICE, which somehow converted all of my
many WordPerfect documents over to Word, thus causing a lot of difficulty.  I
have tried for several weeks to contact MS, for this simple question, and
haven't found help.  When I uninstall Office, will my original documents
stored in WordPerfect, plus any additions I added while they were in Word, be
fully restored to WordPerfect with no inconvenience to me?  Thank you very
much.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You're in the wrong newsgroup for this question.  This group deals
with Microsoft Access - you want one that deals with Microsoft Word.

Try posting your question to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
instead.

Ed

On Nov 2, 6:43 am, SeattleLA <Seattl...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi.  I installed a trial version of OFFICE, which somehow converted all of my
> many WordPerfect documents over to Word, thus causing a lot of difficulty.  I
> have tried for several weeks to contact MS, for this simple question, and
> haven't found help.  When I uninstall Office, will my original documents
> stored in WordPerfect, plus any additions I added while they were in Word, be
> fully restored to WordPerfect with no inconvenience to me?  Thank you very
> much.

0
Ed
11/2/2007 2:47:16 PM
They weren't converted to word documents.  What happened is when you
installed word it became the default viewer for that type of document.  You
can still open these documents by first opening word perfect, and then using
whatever file open process it has to choose a file.

Your files themselves are unchanged.

"SeattleLA" wrote:

> Hi.  I installed a trial version of OFFICE, which somehow converted all of my
> many WordPerfect documents over to Word, thus causing a lot of difficulty.  I
> have tried for several weeks to contact MS, for this simple question, and
> haven't found help.  When I uninstall Office, will my original documents
> stored in WordPerfect, plus any additions I added while they were in Word, be
> fully restored to WordPerfect with no inconvenience to me?  Thank you very
> much.

A document with the name "xx" is already open......
Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents folder with the program not open we get the following error message: "A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open. You cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open or rename one of the documents" No other documents are open. When we close the error message everything is fine. When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do not get this error message. How can we...

Prblm w/ photos ninserted in MS Word text box
I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4. When inserting a photo in a text box in a Word doc, some of the Picture Effects are not active.I want to add a shadow around the edge. When I click on the picture, the Picture Formatting Pallette opens, but the Shadow effect, next to "Effects" in the second row down is not active. What's going on? Mike in Atlanta On 12/20/05 5:35 PM, in article 1135118110.792146.154940@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Mike in ATL" <mike.ventura@comcast.net> wrote: > I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4....

convert AUTOCAD file to a shape
How do i convert a autocad file to a shape in visio process engineering shart. When i try the created stencil that is supposed to contain my new shape, is emty. Anyone know how to solve this? Hi Isabella, Did you use the Convert CAD Library add-on? Its located under Tools > Add-ons > Visio Extras. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP Free Visio shapes: http://www.visguy.com/category/shapes Visio programming info: http://www.visguy.com/category/programming/ Other Visio resources: http://www.visguy.com/visio-links/ "Isabella" <Isabella@discussions.microsof...

Encryption and Decryption with office 2007 document
Hi, I am working on VS 2005. I want to upload and download office 2007 document . below is the code giving warning whlie downloading the file. warning is saying of corruption of content . But if i click on yes it shows the file content. I don't want this warning message. Please help me. I am downloading and uploading data in chunks. Private Sub SaveWithEncrypted() If System.IO.File.Exists(Server.MapPath("~") + "/test/test1.docx") Then File.Delete(Server.MapPath("~") + "/test/test1.docx") End If Dim theStream As System.IO.Str...

How to share documents between different versions of Publisher.
My at-home desktop has Publisher2003 and I can't e-mail documents to the office desktop which uses Publisher 2000. What can I do to correct this impass? Do a "Save as" in the format of the oldest format of the Publisher versions that will be opening the file. -- Don Vancouver, USA "jcslks" <jcslks @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D7C8C59-9F0C-4AFD-A582-EE968E68B350@microsoft.com... > My at-home desktop has Publisher2003 and I can't e-mail documents to the > office desktop which uses Publisher 2000. What can I do to correct this ...

Converting a string date field/node in an XML document to Date type in a dataset
I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of converting an XML document to a dataset. I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I am loading the Dataset to a datagrid, and I using the sort facility to sort by date. Currently the dates are being treated as strings. ree32@hotmail.com (ree32) wrote in message news:<7606ccc8.0409192108.3cbebe24@posting.google.com>... > I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of > converting an XML document to a dataset. > > I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I am loading the ...

Extracting the last word of a field
Hi all, I have an excell sheet where one column contains the address data including the city. I want to take the city from this field and put it in another field. The method I thought is to fiind the LAST space character, and extract what is on the right of this space character. I try to use FIND & RIGHT functions, but as there are more than one space characters in each column, it does not work. Can anybody help. Thanks for answers one way: =MID(A1,FIND("$",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","$",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))))+1, 255...

How can I move a picture in word 2007.
I inserted a picture in a blank page, Selected the picture and tried to drag it. It won't move. I tried the picture, then format tab, then align. I tried to unselect Align to Margin, but it would not Unalign Any suggestions. It should be an easy solution, but I am stuck. The out-of-the-box default for inserting pictures is a text wrapping of "in line with text", meaning that it behaves like a single character. You can drag it to another position within text -- but if there is no other text on the document, there's no place to drag it to. You can change any s...

Converting from page-layout program to Word
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003. I have a document that was formatted for some ancient page-layout program that won't even run under Windows XP, so I'd like to put it all into Word. It's currently in a tag-style format; for example, to italicize some section, it needs surrounding tags, like this: <W0I>Passage to be italicized.<D> The document is huge, so I need to use Replace all to turn all of these into italics in Word. Is there a way to turn such passages, wherever they occur, into italicized text in Word, dropping the tags on either sid...

dialog for each new document
Hello, I want that my application shows a dialog each time a new document is created. What I've done is to create the dialog in the OnFileNew() of the application class. An example: void CMyApp::OnFileNew() { CWinApp::OnFileNew(); AfxMessageBox("Initial message"); } My problem is that when I open the application only the message is shown, but the application is not shown in the background. �What I do wrong? Thanks in advance. This sounds like your project is for an MDI application. The MDI application won't display it's window until the OnFileNew returns to the...

user form
I am so frustrated. I am creating a form and I want to force a phone number format. Easy in Excel but cannot find it anywhere in word 2007. Please help Thanks Use the VBA Format function Format(1234567890, "(###) ###-####") will return (123) 456-7890 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Dcook" <Dcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F0E1C93-E828-46F7-98EF-FE6DF84...

The document 'Filename' caused a serious error
The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? Does anyone have any other fixes, the microsoft one did not work Hi you may try OpenOffice. Sometimes it seems to be able to 'repair' corrupted Excel files better the MS does -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Efrain wrote: > The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last > time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? > > Does anyone have any other fixes, the microsoft one did > not work ...

Converting Publisher 2003 to PDF
When I convert a 2003 Publisher document to Adobe 6 Standard my Hyperlinks are not active, any ideas, when I convert a Word doc it works fine. Thanks What program are you using to create the pdf file? I use PDF-XChange to create a pfd file out of a Publisher file and my hyperlinks are active. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF891A30-893D-4ABB-8DE3-4668927EDDB7@microsoft.com... > When I convert a 2003 Publisher document to Adobe 6 Standard my Hyperlinks > are not active, any ideas, when I convert a Word doc i...

How to turn off maximizing other documents when opening a new word
When you have a few word documents minimizes and you open a new word document, one of the minimized documents maximizes too. Is there a way to get rid of that annoyance? ...

convert a power point slide index to publisher
How can I convert a power point program to publisher. Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "mike" <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59F29BB7-2C39-48C5-95AF-75BE5854144F@microsoft.com... > How can I convert a power point program to publisher. ...

Why does my Excel document only prints the underscores?
I printed Sheet 1 of 4 and only the underscores printed. All other pages printed correctly. ...

microsoft word 02-07-10
when attempting to type in a word docoment nothing appears. get message modification is not allowed because the selection is locked. Sounds like you have an expired trial version. Time to pay for the software. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "elnora" <elnora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:889DED0D-FA9B-4375-9762-843CED4EF5C5@microsoft.com... > when attempting to type in a word docoment nothing appears. get message > modification is not allowed because the s...

Convert Compile Split Compact DB
What should I do? I created an app in A2003. Want to distribute as MDE Split in 2000. MDB file created in A2003 as A2000 file. From what I understand, I should: Take db to my A2000 machine. Compact and Repair Compile Compact and Repair Create MDE File Compact and Repair Spilt Database Compact and Repair Souond about right? Split the database first. Only convert the front-end to an MDE (there's no advantage to making the back-end an MDE) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "MBoozer" <MBoozer@discussions.microsoft.com>...

convert web addresses
I need to convert a lot of jpg.images-urls are in my spreadsheet. Is there a batch command that will save the images to my hard drive?? Thanks, rooniwife -- rooniwife ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rooniwife's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24904 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385936 Hi! A really great guy, who can pop in here and take credit any time he likes, created just this tool for me. http://www.myexpertsonline.com/freedls/xlddownloader.zip It's VERY co...

Print Billing Documents
I was trying to 'reprint' all billings in order to post them to our intranet so that sales people could look them up. However, when i save the file to html from the "Print Biller Docs" window, the file doesn't keep the formatting as displayed when i run the print job to the screen. Is there a way to save reprints of billings to a file that maintains the formatting that was used on the original invoice? Any alternative approaches implemented? the only other choices are text and delimited files in the Print Billing Documents window...... thx. You can also use Adob...

Converting Graph data links to values using code
Excel 97 I create charts using a workbook with templates and change the reports using dynamic data ranges. One worksheet can hold several graphs. I then copy the charts to another workbook for distribution. I extinguish the data series links by manually converting them to values (select graph line, F2, F9, Enter) etc., graph by graph. A painstaking job at times. Can this be automated with code? TIA WSF Hi have a look at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/chartvba.html#DelinkCht -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany WSF wrote: > Excel 97 > I create charts using a workbook w...

Using Publisher 2000 files in Word 2000
In very simple words please... How may I make mixed text and clipart files produced in Publisher 2000 be moved to Word 2000 and - remaining unchanged in appearance and editability - save as .doc files? Thank for any help and/or advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Simply, you cannot. Copy and paste via the clipboard is the only way and no layout format will be retained. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Serendipity pill@blueyonder.co.uk... > How may I make mixed text and clipart files pr...

word pad and encoding is making is making viewing hard
When i go to view pdf files the encoding ask for choice of making it readable. I do not want this interference and need to make possible to just open up pdf files. It was also viewing in wordpad which i do not want to do. Is there some tab that i'm missing or do i need to configure some thing? On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:49:02 -0800, Rodney d <Rodneyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When i go to view pdf files the encoding ask for choice of making it readable. >I do not want this interference and need to make possible to just open up >pdf files. >It was also ...

How to Convert 24/03/2010 as text into 03/24/2010 date format
Hi , I’m using Ms Excel 2003 and in my excel sheet there is a column in which dates are entered as DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 24/03/2010 as a text) format and I wanted to convert it into MM/DD/YYYY (e.g. 03/24/2010). Can excel programming is required to convert such date or is there any excel function. Please suggest. -- ------------------------------ Thanks Nitesh ------------------------------ hi you could use text to columns high light the date. on the menu bar>data>text to columns step 1 - select delimited, click next step 2 - select tab, click next step 3- upp...

Populate Word UserForm Combo Box from Access
Does anyone know how to reference/populate a combo box which is on a userform within a Word document. I am trying to overcome the 25 item limit on a drop down combo box on a Word form. The way to do this seems to be to create a UserForm and add the combo box onto that. - this allows more than 25 items, but i cannot see how to populate it from within Access. The normal combo boxes on the document I populate like this: doc.FormFields("EmployeeName").Dropdown.ListEntries.Add Name:=rs!employeename I can populate the combo box on the userform from a Macro in the document itself...