windows vista 02-06-08

I can not reset the size of my fonts, etc. on any page that comes up

0
barbara
2/6/2008 9:42:22 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 01:42:22 -0800, "barbara" <lefdalbarbara@clearwire.net>
wrote:

>I can not reset the size of my fonts, etc. on any page that comes up

Please repost in a newsgroup supporting Windows Vista. This group is for the
database software Microsoft Access.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Help with SQL Query 06-30-10
We have a distinct list of email addresses in alpha order and we need to transform it from a single column into a grid of three columns maintaining the alpha order. The list is contained in a temp table inside of our query. We then use the temp table list and perform case statement with a mod on the row_number in a select statement to columnze the data. However, the columnar data contains a null value in two of the three columns and we are needing to remove the nulls and have the actual values on each row in the output. Here is our current sql: CREATE TABLE #tmpTable ( Email_Add...

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Visio 2007, Vista 64, VISIO.EXE 32 stays loaded, 100% CPU
Whenever I run Visio 2007 under Vista 64, it starts a process, VISIO.EXE 32 which takes about 50% of the CPU. Sometimes it starts two copies and then it takes 100%. I used this visio under XP and it did not do this. I have all the MS patches in as well as everything from Lenovo for the Thinkpad. It is running Core 2 Duo with 3 Gig of ram. ...

Query by Form Problem 06-19-07
I'm using QBF with about six different combo boxes using: [forms]! [formmain]! [combo1] or [forms]![formmain1]![combo1] -like in a VBA book. This is so users can select criteria on a form with the combo boxes, and when they are done, they hit the search button, and it opens up another form based on the query just performed by the combo selection. This worked for about three combo boxes, but when I added another one, it freezes up and opens up a blank page. It's supposed to open the new form based on the query. Is there a better way to do this? I've looked exhaustive...

Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000 Domain
HI I am looking for any advise I can get on this subject, or any references you may have. Basically I have an NT4 PDC that currently has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. I have a windows 2000 Database server that is just a member server of hte domain. My NT4 machine is running out of space, so I am getting a new server for exchange. I will install Windows 2000 on this server and then follow the Ed Crowley Server Move method, to move my exchange server over to this new machine. I am comfortable with this. I have just now installed an NT4 BDC into the domain (it is only a very old machine so it ...

Archiving of Windows Live Mail
Can someone please point me to a procedure that will explain how to off load a bunch of emails that I want to keep but do not want in the active WLM folders. Seems like in the Outlook Express days there was a way but I have long since forgot what I did. Help appreciated. You could create a folder(s) on the Desktop and just drag messages into it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:EB7EFBBB-12DA-4CAF-A02C-556B10A60C58@microsoft.com... > Can someone please poin...

Export News from Outlook express and import into windows mail
I only used outlook express for newsgroup so I need to backup and transfer all the messages that I flagged with the glasses icon. I just installed windows mail and it only downloaded the first 1000 messages. I can't see all of my messages because some of them they are old ... maybe 2002 but i need them all in the same place. How can I transfer these messages and the replies to windows mail? Outlook Express as well as other newsreaders only mirror what is on a news server and newsgroups neither import nor export. You can only export the account setting, but not groups or...

sync outlook and entourage tasks 02-12-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in entourage, and vice versa...? On 2/12/10 2:29 PM, in article 59bb2be3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "cccryer@officeformac.com" <cccryer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Exchange Is it possible to record a task in outlook and have it show up in > entourage, and vice versa...? Entourage for EWS: Notes and Tasks don't sync? <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2010/01/entourage_for_ews_notes_and_ta...

No sound after updating SP2 for Vista
Hi,sorry if this is a duplicate post,but I'm not sure mine posted the first time,it's not coming up in my searches. My Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop automatically informed me of an important update last night,and I went ahead and clicked through it and restarted.It had me download the SP2 for Vista and install it,but when I turned my computer back on after the requisite restart,my computer wasn't making any sound whatsoever.I tried using the volume toggle on the taskbar,I tried pressing the volume and mute buttons on my laptop and playing with the volume sliders in eac...

IF Statement 02-17-10
The statement below is working good. I need to add a statement to the end that all other numbers will be 200%. Can someone help, please. =(IF(G6=20,"110%",(IF(G6=25,"110%",(IF(G6=50,"110%") Thank you Tina Try this nut note a couple of things, There are no a lot less parenthesis, yo had too many Ive removed the quites from the percent answers. Format your formula cell as percent with as many or as few decimal places as you want If the formula works for you then that's fine but it 'could' produce unwanted results. For example ...

CRM Certification 10-25-06
I'm wanting to get certified for "Installing and Configuring CRM 3.0" (exam MB2-421), but I can't seem to find ANY info on the Microsoft site, nor can I find training materials. Am I missing something? Any ideas where I can get more info on this exam? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.p...

DATE 01-04-08
Hello again! I am using this code =DateSerial(Year([Opened Date]),Month([Opened Date]),Day([Opened Date])+10) on my form....is there a way for the date to get recorded in the main table as well. because on the form and the report it shows up, but not in my main table...do I need to run an update querie or something??? Any suggestions?? Thanks Ransom Ransom, It would be simpler like this: =[Opened Date]+10 Is Opened Date a field in the same record as where you want to record this calculated date value in the table. So this date, whatever it is, will always be 10 days after the Ope...

How do I restore the cell content window on my toobar?
tools options view ........formula bar -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "hutchc" <hutchc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A53F690-97D4-43D6-A458-6AA82B95F575@microsoft.com... > From the View menu, choose Formula Bar hutchc wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Windows XP
I have a windows xp sp3 machine where there free space goes down to a fixed amount after a reset. Let me explain: I boot the machine (a 40GB HD divided in a 36GB and a 4GB partition), The 4GB partition shows only 600MB free, I run CHKDSK /F D: and it fixes the free space to 2 GB, I reset and it goes back to 600. The same situation is for the 36GB partition where it shows 4GB free but if I boot to the Recovery Console and run chkdsk c: /p it fixes the free space to 18GB but as soon as I reset the free space goes back to 4GB, so the same thing happens if chkdsk runs at boot. Win...

I have recently bought a new computer with Vista Home Premium, but my Publisher 2003 will not load as it states there is no Windows XP or 2000 running. Quite right, but do I really have to buy the 2007 version? As a UK charity we have bought the Student 2007 office version - is there a student version of Publisher 2007? -- Mark Ward Senior User Try installing in safe mode. Do you get an error other than there is no XP or 2000. Publisher 2003 should install on Vista. List of system requirements for Microsoft Office 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822129/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT ...

How to reduce thickness/width of window borders two "normal" 2 pixels?
On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. Have a look at the following snapshot: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the "normal" size of (approx. 2 pixels) ? Camille Camille Petersen wrote: > On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. > > Have a look at the following snapshot: > > http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png > > What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the &...

Launch folder windows in separate processe
The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel -> Folder Options More than one windows explorer open. Each of them opened in other folder. One of them opened for search function. However, if investigating with Task Manager all windows explorer windows lead to the same explorer process (task right click -> Go to process). The list "Processes" of task manager presents only one explorer window. So the setting as mentioned above not really functional. What's the reason? kakii wrote: > > The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel ...

Receipt print strange characters on Vista
Hi All, We run Vista business with RMS. The receipt printer is an Epson TM88 clone and on both printers it randomly prints strange characters all over the receipt. It sometimes come up with an error 'unknown error - retry or cancel' but not always. We have never had any problems on XP so I don't know if this is Vista related or not. The supplier of the printer suggested we download the latest OPOS drivers which we have done without success. Has anyone else seen or had this problem? Thanks Matt ...

test103 10-02-07
test This is the body of the article ...

Excel 2003 02-04-10
I have version 2003 of excel and love hot keys... Often at work I have to format rows and columns to others nearby.. I have tried to figure out the hotkey for the format painter and cannot it would help out tremendously... So does anyone know the hotkey to copy the formatting of other cells and paste the format to others? Well, you could try Ctrl+c (copy) Alt+est (Paste special - format) If you recorded a macro, this is exactly the same as what the format painter does. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "mma...

OL '02 merge PST files
How can I merge a PST file from another computer into my outlook? Both versions are the same (2002). Wanted some advice before trying and messing it up!! Thanks If the PCs are connected via a network link, copy the file over and either open it in Outlook (File | Open | Outlook Data File) and drag the folders/messages into your existing personal folders. If they're not connected, you'll have to find alternate means of getting the file over. If you end up burning it to a CD, make sure you copy it from the CD to the target machine and uncheck the read-only attribute in the file's...

Track in CRM error 08-18-06
In Outlook, when a user wants to send a message, and the user clicks the "Regarding" button, the user can then pick the account/contact, etc. However, when the user clicks on the send button, the following error is generated: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM --------------------------- You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation. For more information, contact your system administrator. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be creat...

SendInput to a window belonging to another application thread
I'm trying to develop a simple application that can send input to a window belonging to another application thread, such as the microsoft on screen keyboard. The matter is that I don't understand how to know what was the last active window to which send the input from my dialog application. Looking on internet I've found a simple application called "Typematic" but it hide the application dialog before use the SendInput() api, it works well but I wish to obtain the same effect without hide the application dialog as the on screen keyboard does. How I could do it? Ho...

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Just a quick question, I am wondering if anyone else is having problems downloading Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. I can download/install it from the Windows Update site but, it will not install using Automatic Updates. This is obviously not a serious problem but, I would like to solve it if possible. Rick Never such a problem here. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or sec...