Windows Media Center - pictures are auto archiving?/disappearing

Pictures seem to be disappearing off of my computer and leaving behend a file, that looks like they may be archiving.  I do not know how to adjust the settings and/or retrieve photos from this process.  I have researched it, but nothing has worked so far.  Any ideas?

Thanks.
0
Shannon
4/12/2010 1:51:33 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

TELL ALL DEMOCRATS TO GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Shannon Scott" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> Pictures seem to be disappearing off of my computer and leaving behend a
> file, that looks like they may be archiving.  I do not know how to adjust
> the settings and/or retrieve photos from this process.  I have researched
> it, but nothing has worked so far.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access

0
David
4/12/2010 2:33:02 PM
REMOVE
"Shannon Scott" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> Pictures seem to be disappearing off of my computer and leaving behend a
> file, that looks like they may be archiving.  I do not know how to adjust
> the settings and/or retrieve photos from this process.  I have researched
> it, but nothing has worked so far.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access

0
David
4/12/2010 2:51:04 PM
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 06:51:35 -0700, Shannon Scott <user@msgroups.net/> wrote:

>Pictures seem to be disappearing off of my computer and leaving behend a file, that looks like they may be archiving.  I do not know how to adjust the settings and/or retrieve photos from this process.  I have researched it, but nothing has worked so far.  Any ideas?

You're asking in the wrong place, Shannon. This forum is for questions about
the database software Microsoft Access. It sounds like your problem may have
more to do with Windows than with Media Center, but please find a Media Center
forum and ask there. Indicate what version of Windows you're running.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Folder security in Windows CE 6.0
Does any one let me know whether folder security (user should not be able to delete the folder or folder can be password protected) can be implemented in windows CE 6.0? Can anyone please let me know how i can implement it? Thanks Vikram G Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BOOK REVIEW: C# In Depth by Jon Skeet (Manning) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42abae52-2297-42bb-b020-2b02f9f436a9/book-review-c-in-depth.aspx On 1/12/2010 11:00 AM, Vikram G wrote: > Does any one let me know whether folder security (user should n...

The case of the disappearing signature
Can anybody confirm and/or explain this? 1. Start with Outlook 2007 with at least two Accounts and a signature. 2. Open a New message (in HTML or plain text format) 3. Type a message (not actually necessary) 4. Insert signature 5. Click on the Account icon and change to another account. The signature disappears !?! Mike Tordoff <tordoff@monell.org> wrote: > Can anybody confirm and/or explain this? > > 1. Start with Outlook 2007 with at least two Accounts and a signature. > 2. Open a New message (in HTML or plain text format) > 3. Type a message (not actually necessary...

Help, No pictures in Pub 2003
I installed Pub 2003 and none of my graphics are showing on my document. Does anyone know how I can fix that? Thanks Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from Xeroid <lnerbonne@cogeco.ca>. On it is written: > I installed Pub 2003 and none of my graphics are showing on my > document. Does anyone know how I can fix that? View > Pictures...? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm when I open a Pub made file fro...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

Auto Calculate Monthly Time Pace
I need to show how far into a month we are at any given time in % form. I want this to change every day automatically. Example: Today is day 27 of 31 days in January - 87% if today was 2/17/10 it would need to show 17/28 or 61%, 12/20/10 would be 20/31 or 65%, and so on for each day throughout 2010 (12/20/10 would be 65%) Is there a formula or function to do this? Thanks! Heather "HeatherJ" wrote: > I need to show how far into a month we are at any given time in % form. [....] > Today is day 27 of 31 days in January - 87% One way: =day(today()) / ...

Media players opens and keeps trying to refresh about 5 times a mi
I have done numerous spyware chaecks all showing nothing detected I have eliminated any options in the media player that would have it trying to check for updates or web items. Completely at a loss and extremely unhappy the microsoft site does not have an answer. Acer Exyenza Laptop with Win XP , Office 07 and player 11 any help guys? in the time in took to type this meassage the player popped up three times Try disabling (unchecking) all active WMP plug-ins in WMP's Options. If you download and run Process Explorer - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb8...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

SERIES function disappear
I can't use SERIES in Excel 2007 (err msg, input function not correct) even i cant find SERIES function at "Insert function" dialog i disable Marco in Excel 2007, is it related? Pls Help, Thank you What were you expecting SERIES to do for you as a worksheet function? In Excel 2003, SERIES didn't exist in a worksheet, but only in a chart. -- David Biddulph "Vimm" <Vimm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FA6C85E-A9F2-471F-9629-8ED8B9901CB8@microsoft.com... >I can't use SERIES in Excel 2007 (err msg, input function not correc...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

close all windows
is there any way to get access to close all the open windows usingVBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael Dim frm as FormFor each frm in Forms Docmd.Closenext frmOn Mar 20, 10:15 am, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> DoCmd.Quit>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>>>> "michael goodall" wrote:> > is there any way to get access to close all the open windows using> > VBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -...

window client area...
Hi, After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns huge numbers that don't make sense. Please help. Thanks. Tony Try GetClientRect() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FD6826E.1030603@srac.com... > Hi, > > After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how > to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns >...

how can i present a JPG in a window having cell with the path?
I build a catalog for coins collection with Excel. each row represents a coin (record). in two cells (fields) i have a path to both sides of the coin scanned as a JPG files in the specific directory. i would like the following scenario: when i stand on a specific row (any cell), the relevant images are presented in 2 big windows. when i move to another row, the image automatically changes etc. i would like also to control the size of the window. would appreciate your help, thanks, sam Hi Sam See if this gets you started: Insert an Image1 from the activex coltrols toolbox. S...

how do I accomplish offline archiving of email?
The documentation I can find regarding the Auto Archive feature in Outlook 2007 states that it will only run when the acount is logged in and running Outlook. I want to autoarchive an account that is not normally one that someone logs into. Is there a way to initiate the auto archive from the command line? Is there a way to accomplish this with a VBS script? The autoarchive feature cannot be automated at all. It would theoretically be possible to write a script to start an Outlook session and move items from one store to another. I suspect, though, that there's a better ...

using picture on charts in exel 2002
After I updated to Exel 2002 the pictures I had displayed on a chart wall does not print properly... It looks fine on print preview but when you actually print it only show's a small portion of the picture... Before the update I had no problem... I have tryed every thing I know to make the correction.... Nothing has worked so far... Thanks The only thing that comes to mind is everyone's favorite whipping boy. Do your printer drivers need updating? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ jdishner...

Embedded Pictures received from Others do not display in outlook.
I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. When e-mails are received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook Express but do not display at all in Outlook. Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to allow these pictures to be displayed? PLEASE HELP!!!! Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. When e-mails are > received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook > Express but do not display at all in Outlook. > > Is this related to a securi...

Restoring auto-archive properties
I have set up my archive folders to archive each sub-folder of my inbox separately. I have since found this too convoluted to search for items and i wish to restore the default settings so that, my inbox and its subfolders now appear as a subfolder of the Archive folders drop down. How can i do this without losing any of my previous data/e-mails? Simply change the settings and move over any item that you want to be somewhere else now. If this results in multiple empty pst-file, then you can disconnect those via; File-> Data File Management... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MV...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...

skin window
hi, I create a skinnable window. But I have no way to make its menu visible. How do I fix it? thanks hi alan.... how did you make skinnable window? I create a region on a bitmap that is almost a rectangle, then use SetWindowRgn to attach the window. When handling the WM_ERASEBKGND, I bitblt the bitmap to the DC. That's my way. "zek" <zekixx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eyt6D0NXDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi alan.... > > how did you make skinnable window? > > thanks alan.. "Alan Li" <activeperson@sina.com> wrote in ...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

Archives Personal Folders File
In Outlook 98, I can't seem to make the Archive folder appear permanently right above the current Outlook Personal Folder in the left hand Folders List. Archiving doesn't seem to work. I get an odd error message: "Error while aging Store Personal Folders. Errors in Archive.pst. Quit Mail applications and use the Inbox Repair Tool." I find no such tool. Outlook 98 just has confusing documentation, don't know why. The Inbox Repair Tool is a file called scanpst.exe -- search your hard drive for it, then run it and follow the prompts to fix any errors in your archi...

Outlook Archive Folders
I am trying to set up archive folders for email to identically match my various inbox folders. how do i do this? Juanita STEP 1: Right click on your inbox and go to properties / click on the AutoArchive tab and select the Archive this folder using these setting option and set the path of the archive folder to a specific location. Click ok. Then STEP 2: Click on Tools / Options and click on the other tab Select Auto Archive Button. Make sure this location of the archive file is the save location as the above archive file from STEP 1. I hope this helps you out! Thanks "Juanita"...