Windows Media Center - pictures are auto archiving?/disappearing

Pictures seem to be disappearing off of my computer and leaving behend a file, that looks like they may be archiving.  I do not know how to adjust the settings and/or retrieve photos from this process.  I have researched it, but nothing has worked so far.  Any ideas?

Thanks.
0
Shannon
4/12/2010 1:51:33 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

TELL ALL DEMOCRATS TO GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Shannon Scott" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> Pictures seem to be disappearing off of my computer and leaving behend a
> file, that looks like they may be archiving.  I do not know how to adjust
> the settings and/or retrieve photos from this process.  I have researched
> it, but nothing has worked so far.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access

0
David
4/12/2010 2:33:02 PM
REMOVE
"Shannon Scott" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> Pictures seem to be disappearing off of my computer and leaving behend a
> file, that looks like they may be archiving.  I do not know how to adjust
> the settings and/or retrieve photos from this process.  I have researched
> it, but nothing has worked so far.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access

0
David
4/12/2010 2:51:04 PM
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 06:51:35 -0700, Shannon Scott <user@msgroups.net/> wrote:

>Pictures seem to be disappearing off of my computer and leaving behend a file, that looks like they may be archiving.  I do not know how to adjust the settings and/or retrieve photos from this process.  I have researched it, but nothing has worked so far.  Any ideas?

You're asking in the wrong place, Shannon. This forum is for questions about
the database software Microsoft Access. It sounds like your problem may have
more to do with Windows than with Media Center, but please find a Media Center
forum and ask there. Indicate what version of Windows you're running.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

How can I access the windows clipboard?
On closing a number of applications ask if I want to keep the data on my clipboard available for other applications. How can I look at the clipboard, either before or after closing down, to see what is available to me there? The Windows clipboard will contain the last thing you copied. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< >...

help Cant find Database Properties Window
I've doouble clcked on the entities, ive right clicked too and Ive looked thru every menu item and help but am unable to return to the properties window--ive already used it alot in this document already as i have 15 defined entitiies and about 18 relatonshisps. any ideas...im goin crazy oh yeah, its visio 2003 trial edition -- - ds ...

Auto Reply Out of Office Notice
I cannot figure out how to get an auto reply with an "out of office" message to work in outlook. Any ideas? ...

opening .pps files windows 7 with wml
have associated .pps files in default programs with ms ppv & when i get a pps file in wml, it asks for a file association. have googled til i'm blue in the face & found only vista solutions. have gone into the registry & found powerpointviewer, but can't change "show" to "open" because there's already a subsection there titled "open." so how can i get microsoft's powerpoint viewer to open files when i receive them in windows live mail using windows 7? thx :D Did you check that in both places as explained here? Unable to...

Pictures in Cells
Hello, I teach elementary computers, and I often make my own online worksheets for the kids. I am making an "ABC Order" sheet where I have pictures of animals in one column and pictures of animal names (as opposed to just typing the names in the cells) in another column. The kids will slide the names into alphabetical order, then slide the picture of the animal next to it. My question is this; is there a way to "protect" or "lock" the pictures so that the kids can move them but not accidentally resize them? I have tried every combination of loc...

scroll current line to top of window
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Does anyone know a way (using a built-in shortcut, VBA, or Applescript) to scroll the current line to the top of the window in Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac? No. The command you want is "ScrollIntoView", but I seem to remember it's broken in Word 2004 VBA. At least, I could never get it to work... You could, of course, write your own; but it's a very complex piece of code because you have to deal with the fact that the window can be any size and in any position. Sorry... On 1/03/1...

externalize an exchange server to a data center
hi, i have actually an exchange server 2000 in my office with another server(DC, DNS etc..) with windows 2000. i must externalize the exchange server to a data center. i have a VPN between this data server and my office and i search documentations or informations about externalisation of exchange (the AD problems, or replication probleme and the architectures solutions) thanks a lot for your answers. bye As long as your VPN is stable, putting Exchange in a hosted datacenter isn't that big a deal. I would perhaps strongly consider also placing an AD Global Catalog server there wi...

Pre-set Picture Frame Size?
I am attempting to design my own pages for my stamp collection and new to Publisher. Is there a way to insert pre-set size picture frames (slightly larger than the actual stamp)? Thanks, -- Pops Jackson A one row, one column table is the better way. Or create a rectangle the size you want (right-click, format autoshape, size tab), fill, fill effects, picture tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Pops Jackson" <PopsJackson@discussions....

Data disappears
I have a database that has been running fine for over 5 years and no changes have been made recently. However, data seems to be disappearing immediately after entry, when the person closes the form. I have noticed that if information is entered into one particular field (MRN) then the other data entered into the form disappears, and sometimes the entire record is gone, along with the autonumber generated. There is evidence that the data was entered in my audit trail. This doesn't happen every time. Just to clarify, I do not have it set to Date Entry=true and the data is gone fr...

IPC Between a Windows Service and a Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to determine the best method to communicate between a Windows Service and a Windows Application using MFC. I read in the Wrox book "NT Services" that Windows Services cannot communicate via Windows messages, unless you know the workstation(?). I have also investigated using named pipes and have determined that this is a viable option; however, it might be overkill for what I need, which is for the Service to signal the Application to update itself or whatever, like a windows message does. I don't have a need to send whole data structures, but rather something ...

Auto Update
Hello, I am using excel to link some info to a powerpoint presentation that runs on a continious loop. I also leave the excel workbook open and want to be able to auto update the information in my workbook. How is this possible? I either want to add some VBA to auto update or a free add-in. Thanks! See if this information from Excel (2003) Help doesn't help you out: Set a link to another program to be updated automatically On the Edit menu, click Links. The Links command is unavailable if your file does not contain linked information. In the Source list, click the linked object you...

Windows Auth. Mode vs. Mixed Mode Auth. For SQL Instance.
I'll install MSCRM On Existing Sql Instance , This instance using Mixed Mode for Authentication and there are other Applications using this Instance so it must be in Mixed mode . My question is : 1- CRM Uses Windows auth. so the SQL Instance must be also Windows Auth. or it's just Recommended ? 2- If it's Must to be Windows Auth. that means i must install SQL Server on another Server Because CRM Can't work on a named Instance , or uninstall the Existing SQL Server and reinstall it with Windows Auth. mode For the CRM ,and install another Named Instance for the other Apps ...

Outlook 2007 pictures missing
I've recently been having a problem with pictures in the e-mails I receive in Outlook 2007 no longer being shown. All I get is a little square indicating there should be a picture which changes to a little square with a red cross in about 5 to 10 seconds. I had ghost image of my OS drive that was about a month old so I restored that and then my pictures started appearing as normal. But a couple of weeks later the same thing started happening again. I did a repair of my Office install which had no effect on the problem. I also did a complete uninstall and reinstall of O...

How to create a new Administrative Group to archive mailboxes
I read recently that a user created a second Administrative group to store his archived mailboxes. I think this is a great idea, however as a newbie I'm not sure of the best way to go about doing this. I've been able to create the group, but I'm sure there are best practices on what servers to put there and why. Has anyone done this before? -- Sandy Wood Orange County District Attorney you don't store anything in an administrative group...AGs contain mailbox stores...I don't know why anyone would want to move unused/disabled mailboxes to another mailbox store...is tha...

CDialog::Create() changes foreground window
Hi In my dialog based application I must create a modeless, invisible window: class CDummyDlg : public CDialog { // (...) }; BOOL CApp::InitInstance() { // (...) InitCommonControls(); this->TBase::InitInstance(); CDummyDlg * m_dummy_dlg; this->m_dummy_dlg = new CDummyDlg(); this->m_dummy_dlg->Create(IDD); this->m_pMainWnd = this->m_dummy_dlg; // (...) } Unfortunately the CDialog::Create() method somehow changes the foreground window from, for example: Total Commander or MS Visual Studio, or any other program, starting...

problems moving or archiving emails
I'm trying to archive or move emails out of my pst. and I recive this error. Can't move the items. Some could not be moved. They were already moved or deleted, or access was denied. I've look on MS and the Article 317953 yes the email have not been scan by NAV. Well I don't have NAV installed. Does anyone no why or how I can move the emails? Thanks, Ben Are you moving the items to another .PST file? How big is that .PST file and how many items are already in the folder you're trying to move to? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail a...

Re: Opening Windows Explorer Search window from Excel
Does anybody know how I can open the Explorer search window using VBA? thank you --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ MTBer, Well, you could do this without VBA by Linking a cell to a URL. However, not being a VBA guru I was successful with the following: Private Sub URL_Click() Range("E20").Select Selection.Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=True End Sub Cell E20 contains the desired Hyperlink executed by the Private Sub. -- Regards... "MTBer >" wrote: > Does anybody know how I can open the Explorer search window ...

Referencing a field from other windows w/ VBA Modifier
Let's say I have Window1 and Window2. I've written code in Window1 that needs to change a field in Window2. I've tried each of the following lines on their own and none of them have worked. This Subroutine exists in Window1, not Window2. Private Sub Button_Changed() Great_Plains.Window2.UserDefined.Value = 999 //first try Great_Plains.Window2.UserDefined.Value = "some value" //second try Great_Plains.Window2.UserDefined.Focus (999) //third try End Sub Is this possible? Phil Yes it is possible. You only need Window2.FieldNa...

How do I send a fax with Fritz!fax from Windows live mail?
Please help me with tips, thanks in advance! I don't know what Fritz is but I would suggest asking them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Pfäh" <Pfäh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:013139F8-DA0C-4ECF-AC64-460987D219FA@microsoft.com... > Please help me with tips, thanks in advance! ...

how to make window resize smaller but not bigger?
Hi, I have a image window. What I want is allow user to shrink the window but not enlarge the window. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks. "Jenny" <jean.shu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156975083.964276.293620@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a image window. What I want is allow user to shrink the window > but not enlarge the window. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks. > Maybe WM_GETMINMAXINFO. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] You should handle the WM_GETMINMAXINFO message. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/winui/win...

Windows Calender Problem.
Windows Calendar does not notify me of events. When I load task scheduler it says "Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with mcupdate" and "Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with Reminders-name" Vista Home Premium Need help to fix. Hoot Either your taskplanner is corrupt or you suffer from pre-sp2 issues : Vistas Windows Calendar has had reminder problems in its first incarnation.. SP1 / SP2 fixes the issues. mcupdate ist the Mediacenters tv guide download which is scheduled to run in the background. Also a lot of Mediacenter issues a...

Picture printing black
There is a logo on my file and when I print it out it is coming out as a solid black square. Why is this? What file format is your logo? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Amber" <Amber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41C2190A-0AFF-4E9E-B53F-2B779AD20B50@microsoft.com... > There is a logo on my file and when I print it out it is coming out as a > solid black square. Why is this? It's a bitmap "JoAnn Paules" wrote: > What file format is your logo? >...

Auto Discovery
Is there any way to change the Stencils after you do the discovery? What Visio places as a stencil. I don't want to use. Let me know Thx Devon You can modify the SQL database and set the master id of the shape to whichever shape you want it to be. Personally, I have not tried this but it should be do-able. -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Devon" <devona@advancedmp.com> wrote in message news:eECPsfySDHA.304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to change the Stencils after you do the disc...

windows mail and also hotmail
1. am able to use e-mail from work computer 2. recently bought a home system ---although i can see inbox, sent , etc. i cannot send any e-mails., it as as if the program ignores me. 3.Want to use hotmail for e-mail correspondenece from home---cannot set it to go. 4.Is a hotmail ID the same as my e-mail address on the home computer 5. To access msn workgroups is it necessary to gave a differnt id and password on the home computer and work computer? 6. how do i set up a hotmail account including an e-mail address for home computer? Thank you very much You need to post to a Windows Mail gr...

Can't email photos from Windows Photo Gallery
I need help. When I click on the "email" option in Windows Photo Gallery I'm given the "size" option, I click on "attach" and then I'm sent to a blank page whose tab reads, http://compose...cldefstat=Def1. I am not directed to an email address box. I would really appreciate any info. Thanks! -- elmalop Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Are you using Windows Mail as your default mail program? Do this: Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first ite...