windows mail not working

I can neither receive nor send messages with Windows Mail.It was working for 2 years and then it stopped about the time a new microsoft email update came in March 2010. It quit mysteriously.  Att&T doesn't know what to do, Best Buy can't explain, so I have relunctantly had to open a gmail account. The error code is: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'j', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
0
Jamie
3/30/2010 12:39:46 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Your question may be better answered in a Windows Mail newsgroup which is
appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft
Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Jamie V" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
>I can neither receive nor send messages with Windows Mail.It was working
>for 2 years and then it stopped about the time a new microsoft email update
>came in March 2010. It quit mysteriously.  Att&T doesn't know what to do,
>Best Buy can't explain, so I have relunctantly had to open a gmail account.
>The error code is: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'j',
>Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP,
>Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access

0
Arvin
3/30/2010 1:24:54 AM
Thank you very much.I will redirect to Windows Mail.
0
Jamie
3/30/2010 1:57:36 AM
REMOVE
"Jamie V" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
>I can neither receive nor send messages with Windows Mail.It was working
>for 2 years and then it stopped about the time a new microsoft email update
>came in March 2010. It quit mysteriously.  Att&T doesn't know what to do,
>Best Buy can't explain, so I have relunctantly had to open a gmail account.
>The error code is: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'j',
>Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP,
>Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access

0
David
3/31/2010 7:53:38 PM
"David Jennings" <davidajennings@verizon.net> kirjoitti
viestiss�:O%23bRbvQ0KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> REMOVE
> "Jamie V" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
>>I can neither receive nor send messages with Windows Mail.It was working
>>for 2 years and then it stopped about the time a new microsoft email
>>update came in March 2010. It quit mysteriously.  Att&T doesn't know what
>>to do, Best Buy can't explain, so I have relunctantly had to open a gmail
>>account. The error code is: The connection to the server has failed.
>>Subject 'j', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com',
>>Protocol: SMTP, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error
>>Number: 0x800CCC0E
>>
>> ---
>> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access

0
Risse

Why am I not recieving mail?
Every time i click the send/receive button it will always say that sending is complete but receiving is processing. It will come up with an error 0x8004210A. I don't know what to do about this problem. "Laxxer14" wrote in message news:37BE1131-59C8-4DB1-B6EC-80880D397D3E@microsoft.com... > Every time i click the send/receive button it will always say that > sending is > complete but receiving is processing. It will come up with an error > 0x8004210A. I don't know what to do about this problem. Do not describe the error. Do not summarize the error. Do not ...

signing in to windows live id failed
I cannot log into Windows Live Messenger. I get the following "We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger. Signing in to windows live messenger failed because the service is temporarly unavailable. Please try again later". This has been happening for the past 2 days and also appears to be affecting outlook connector as it keeps asking for a password. Solution found in Windows Live Solution Centre. As follows: Symptom: User experiences a sign in failure with error 80048820. Cause: Invalid characters in the first name of the user’s profile ...

mail blocked?
Yesterday I installed the 5 critical updates recommended by microsoft. Now none of my e mail is getting through. Any ideas as to why??????? Thanks No, any details on what mail client you are using and any error messages? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Pat <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Yesterday I installed the 5 critical updates recommended | by microsoft. Now none of my e mail is getting through. | Any ideas as to why??????? | | Thanks ...

Hyperlinks to Publisher will not work
I have been trying to link Publisher files to Visio. I go through al of the appropriate steps and it looks like it all works, but then i will not open once you actually click the hyperlink. I tested it t make sure that it was not just me...Excel linked fine as well as Word. Any suggestions? Jill Bertolin -- jbertolin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jbertolini's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=463 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=122384 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Hi Jill, I'm not ...

how do I log into my work email from home
how do I log into my work email from home Ask your work email Admin. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, blampani asked: | how do I log into my work email from home ...

Outlook 2002 not working/Outlook Express is working_Help!
My Outlook stopped working last Friday, I'm not receiving any new emails, I cannot move any files that are in my inbox to any subfolders, and I'm not sure if the emails that I send are even getting to where they are supposed to go! I work for an advertising business and these emails are very important! I also have Outlook Express on the computer and I just checked it and it is receiving all of my emails. Outlook is set as the default and I've tried restarting the computer as well as removing Outlook and re-installing it and nothing works. Any feedback is appreciated! You...

how do i delet e-mails
how do i delet e-mails i outlook 7 it just draws a line through it I think you are working in imap account click on edit and purge messages it should take care or it "day j" <day j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B617EB3A-24EB-4278-B635-80FCD61F2480@microsoft.com... > how do i delet e-mails i outlook 7 it just draws a line through it ...

Junk E-mail filtering on the client side
Hello, I need to deploy on each users pc a filter that moves the email marked in the header as "spam" to the Junk E-Mail folder. Due to policies where the server is, they cannot delete the emails on the server, so I need to do this on each client. Is there a simple way of doing it? (We use Outlook 2003) Thank you. On 5/27/2005 9:27:38 AM, BullGates wrote: >Hello, > > I need to deploy on each users pc a filter that moves the email marked >in the header as "spam" to the Junk E-Mail folder. Due to policies where >the server is, they cannot delete the ...

No Windows Updates for IMF Showing After Configuration
Howdy, I've configured IMF (Win2kSP1/Exchange SP2) set it Globally and in the Virtual SMTP server, as well I've set the registry entry required. Have a reboot etc. I'm not able to see the IMF definition update via Windows Update. Assuming I've gotten all the base requirements down, what else could be the issue? Thanks, Dan Foxley Check your %systemroot%\system32 folder. Does it have MUWEB.DLL? If not, go to the Windows Update web site and "opt-in" for using Microsoft Update. Windows Update (default with Windows OS) only updates the OS. -- Bharat Suneja MVP -...

Can't send mail after Win2003 SP1 ?
All- After some testing in our labs, we decided to upgrade all production Exchange 2003 servers to Windows Server 2003 SP1. The upgrade went OK, but we did notice one anomaly: Our users who connect via IMAP can no longer send messages. They get an NDR to the effect of " ... you cannot relay for this address" whenever they try to send to external addresses. However, all Outlook 2003 connected users can work just fine and send messages to anyone they want. We checked and re-checked the settings, but nothing seems to help. Anyone else seen this? Hints? Jake Update: To fur...

clistctrl::InsertItem() and clistctrl::setitemtext() issue in windows xp
Hi, I've been developing an application on windows 2000 (sp3) for the past few months. Turns out we'll have to support the app on windows xp too. I tried running the app on xp but have run into a problem. The text I'd like to display in my list control doesn't show up on XP. Basically, when an UpdateAllViews() is sent from the document, the list view's OnUpdate() function calls InsertItem() and SetItemText(....) to display the information. This works with no problem on windows 2000 but I'm having a hard time figuring out why it's not working on XP. Any ideas? Thank...

Taks filtering based on category and working hours?
I am using Outlook 2007 and I would like to filter the tasks shown in the "Outlook Today" Tasks column as well as in the Calendar view's "To-Do Bar" based on categories (like e.g. "Business" or "Private") and based on whether we are within working hours (as configured under Tools => Options => Calendar options => Calendar work week) or not. I.e. during my free time I don't want to see any tasks categorized as "Business" and during working hours the ones categorized e.g. "Private" should be hidden. Is that so...

Order Quantity Modifliers did not work!
I entered the 10 in Multiple field of Order Quantity Modifiers in Item Resources Planning Maintenance page. However; when I issue a new PO in POP manually, the entered quantity '13' did not adjust to "20" automatically, why? If it works with POP Generator only? Thanks! The Multiple field on the Order Quantity Modifiers in Item Resources Planning Maintenance adjusts quantities on Purchase Orders generated through Purchase Order Generator or Material Requirements Planning. Does not adjust the quantity when Purchase Orders are entered into the Purchase Order Entry win...

Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail - Contacts - Backup - under Windows 7 Formerly with Outlook Express I used backup software to make a copy of the Windows Address Book and save to my backup media. I was hoping to do something similar after moving to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail (WLM). So far I've had little success in finding the folder/file where WLM keeps the contacts in Windows 7. I know I could export to a CSV file each time I do a backup, but boy what a pain that would be. Can someone provide a pointer to info on where the file(s) is/are located? (it would be a bonus if the...

2003 Macro not working in 2007
Can someone please help. I have macro for IE automation in 2003 but I do not know VBA. Here is the code that works in 2003 but will not run in 2007. Does anyone know what the new code would be for Excel 2007. This is the VBA code Dim objIE As Object Set objIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") With objIE .Navigate "http://mywebsite.com" Do While .Busy: DoEvents: Loop Do While .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: Loop .Visible = True This is where Excel 2007 gets stuck. Do While .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: Loop Then it ge...

Windows Mail
I do not know how to set up windows mail. I have Windows Vista. My home page is Charter.net. & I also receive my e-mails from there also. Would like to be able to us Windos Mail also. Would you be kind enough to e-mail me on how to set this up? Thanks jtr4557@charter.net Jim Rogers Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish Adding a New Charter Account in Windows Vista Mail http://www.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=1781 -- ...

How Migrate mail account from SendMail to Exchange 2003
Hi... a new infrastructure has been created,new domain in Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I need to migrate the mail accounts that are in a Sendmail to Exchange Server Some idea or suggestion? If you are using Outlook with Sendmail, export the user mailbox to PST file. Once you have the users Exchange Mailbox created, import the PST file into the Exchange Mailbox. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "[TkT]" <TkT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E545A6-35E8-4F42-8FE0-E43469F21B0A@microsoft.com... > H...

How do i leave a copy of a mail in a server
Hi, I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a server but i dont think so that the option exists in it . Please help in this Thanks Balaji.S http://www.serverintellect.com/support/email/outlook-leave-on-server.aspx Balaji wrote: >Hi, > >I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a >server >but i dont think so that the option exists in it . >Please help in this > >Thanks >Balaji.S -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook-setup/201...

Long URL hard wrap in plain text e-mails in Outlook 2003
When I send an plain text e-mail in Outlook 2003 containing a long URL (beyond 76 characters), this breaks the long URL where users cannot click on the complete URL. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 I could change the plain text to Quote Printable to avoid this issue. How can I do this in Outlook 2003? I do not want to change the text format from plain text to HTML or Rich Text, I need to use plain text. Thanks. I found my answer and this solves the problem for me in Outlook 2003: Line Wrapping Does Not Appear As Expected When You Send E-Mail Messages in Outlook 2003 http://support.microsoft.c...

Install CRM along side windows sharepoint services
I have to install a CRM Server and to save hardware, I wanted to install the system on the same machine as the Windows Sharpoint services install that we have. Can this be done, and what is needed, does anyone have any links to KB Articles on the install. This is not a problem. You will just need to install to a new website. Details are in the Implementation Guide that can be found on the CDs or on microsoft's website. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Mykre" wrote: > I have to install a CRM Server and to save hardware, I wanted to > install the syst...

Junk mail filtering in Outlook 2003
How can my users enable junk-mail filtering from Outlook 2003 without having access to OWA ? I can't find the equivalent of the Enable junk-mail filtering switch in Outlook 2003 ? Any help appreciated. TIA Rudy Steyaert 1) Navigate in Outlook 2003 to the menu 2) Tools | Options 3) Goto the Preferences Tab 4) Click Junk E-mail... button 5) Options Tab Geoff Pearce Nemx Software "Rudy Steyaert" <Rudy_Steyaert@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eRepsaNzEHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can my users enable junk-mail filtering from Outlook 2003 without havin...

WMP 12 Windows 7 Issues
- Advanced Tag Editor is gone. I have over 4000 CDs in my collection that took me 10 years to rip. Now I'm trying to update the metatags to better manage my catalog but I can't easily update multiple fields on multiple files at the same time. Lyrics, multiple album art, title artist vs album artists, genre, subgenre, language, original artist, original album, comments. - Syncing to microSD card (to use in my windows mobile 6.5 phone and my sansa mp3 player), I can config the card to resample to 64 kbps, but it errors out. You cannot down sample files when syncing. Y...

mail not deleted off server
I am using Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 Pro accessing a POP3 server. Mail is no longer being deleted off the server. Just keeps being downloaded again and again. I have: - tried repair option - uninstall/re-install - wiped out and compacted mail files - deleted all rules - cussed, swore and jumped up and down I have also set up Outlook Express to rule out ISP. Express has no problem removing mail from the server. TIA, Rick "rick campbell" <rick_soup@ rogers.com> wrote in message news:lxgCc.465343$Ar.147937@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... &g...

creating an e-mail account
i,m trying to create an e-mail account using Windows Vista Mail and they want me e-mail server(incoming and outgoing) and don't know what those are? What do you suggest i do? "tshepo moloi" <tshepo@creditmatters.co.za> wrote in message news:4F06074A-403D-4299-BFE4-A96B8B40C68F@microsoft.com... > i,m trying to create an e-mail account using Windows Vista Mail and they > want me e-mail server(incoming and outgoing) and don't know what those > are? What do you suggest i do? Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windo...

New mail alert
can't stop Live messenger from issuing new email alertsw. I have checked & unchecked the boxes in Options - Alerts and they keep happening. It is usually not a problem, till it really get going with Photoshop. Anything else to try? ...