Will Access print data to a blank hard copy form?

I have blank printed forms that I want to print data from an Access report.
The positioning of the report data on the blank form is important. Each
record must print on a new page. Is this within the capabilities of Access,
and if so how do I get instructions to set it up?

Thanks in advance,
--
Boomer642
Pride Runs Deep

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Since Access uses the Windows printer driver(s), when Access prints, Windows
prints.

Can you do what you need to from Word (get the print to happen in the right
place)?

If so, you can adjust where Access starts printing to line up to your
pre-printed form as well.

--
Regards

Jeff Boyce
www.InformationFutures.net

Microsoft Office/Access MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
http://microsoftitacademy.com/

"Boomer642" <Boomer642@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have blank printed forms that I want to print data from an Access
report.
> The positioning of the report data on the blank form is important. Each
> record must print on a new page. Is this within the capabilities of
Access,
> and if so how do I get instructions to set it up?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Boomer642
> Pride Runs Deep

0
Jeff
7/8/2007 12:01:54 AM
OK, let me try to explain a bit further... I have a four part NCR form which
has to be filled out with customer data when an appointment is scheduled with
the customer. The form has blanks which are traditionally completed by hand
and therefore the output from the report must place the customer data at the
appropriate position(s) on the blank form. My question is... can the output
of a report be be formatted to fill in the blanks on the form? Keep in mind I
will need a new form (new page) for each record to be printed from the
report.
--
Boomer642
Pride Runs Deep

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> I'm not sure what you're asking.
>
> Since Access uses the Windows printer driver(s), when Access prints, Windows
> prints.
>
> Can you do what you need to from Word (get the print to happen in the right
> place)?
>
> If so, you can adjust where Access starts printing to line up to your
> pre-printed form as well.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> www.InformationFutures.net
>
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>
> Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
> http://microsoftitacademy.com/
>
> "Boomer642" <Boomer642@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have blank printed forms that I want to print data from an Access
> report.
> > The positioning of the report data on the blank form is important. Each
> > record must print on a new page. Is this within the capabilities of
> Access,
> > and if so how do I get instructions to set it up?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > --
> > Boomer642
> > Pride Runs Deep

Boomer642 <Boomer642@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>OK, let me try to explain a bit further... I have a four part NCR form which
>has to be filled out with customer data when an appointment is scheduled with
>the customer. The form has blanks which are traditionally completed by hand
>and therefore the output from the report must place the customer data at the
>appropriate position(s) on the blank form. My question is... can the output
>of a report be be formatted to fill in the blanks on the form? Keep in mind I
>will need a new form (new page) for each record to be printed from the
>report.

Sure.

But why not recreate the entire form as a report within Access?
Including all the boxes and text and such.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
"Jeff Boyce" <JeffBoyce_IF@msn.com-DISCARD_HYPHEN_TO_END> wrote in message
> I'm not sure what you're asking.
>
> Since Access uses the Windows printer driver(s), when Access prints,
> Windows
> prints.
>
> Can you do what you need to from Word (get the print to happen in the
> right
> place)?
>
> If so, you can adjust where Access starts printing to line up to your
> pre-printed form as well.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> www.InformationFutures.net
>
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>
> Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
> http://microsoftitacademy.com/
>
> "Boomer642" <Boomer642@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have blank printed forms that I want to print data from an Access
> report.
>> The positioning of the report data on the blank form is important. Each
>> record must print on a new page. Is this within the capabilities of
> Access,
>> and if so how do I get instructions to set it up?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> --
>> Boomer642
>> Pride Runs Deep

0
Pete
7/8/2007 1:25:22 AM
Boomer642 wrote:
> I have blank printed forms that I want to print data from an Access
> report. The positioning of the report data on the blank form is
> important. Each record must print on a new page. Is this within the
> capabilities of Access, and if so how do I get instructions to set it
> up?
>
> Thanks in advance,

    In my experience it is easier to re-create the entire form.  I have also
found that for complex forms that require precise placement of data, it may
be easier to print via a Microsoft Word form.

--
Joseph Meehan

 Dia 's Muire duit

0
Joseph
7/8/2007 10:48:06 AM
Boomer642 wrote:
> OK, let me try to explain a bit further... I have a four part NCR
> form which has to be filled out with customer data when an
> appointment is scheduled with the customer. The form has blanks which
> are traditionally completed by hand and therefore the output from the
> report must place the customer data at the appropriate position(s) on
> the blank form. My question is... can the output of a report be be
> formatted to fill in the blanks on the form? Keep in mind I will need
> a new form (new page) for each record to be printed from the report.

<snip>

Boomer,
    Others have answered the question adequately.
    I just wanted to comment on the printing of NCR forms.Theese forms
require a heavy-duty impact printer, laser and inkjet printers will only
affect the top page.
    As I recall, early dot-matrix printers weren't able to print more than
two readable copies, try before buying!

Harvey Thompson

0
Harvey
7/8/2007 5:10:29 PM
"Harvey Thompson" <h_e_thompson AT comcast.invalid.net> wrote:

>> OK, let me try to explain a bit further... I have a four part NCR
>> form which has to be filled out with customer data when an
>> appointment is scheduled with the customer. The form has blanks which
>> are traditionally completed by hand and therefore the output from the
>> report must place the customer data at the appropriate position(s) on
>> the blank form. My question is... can the output of a report be be
>> formatted to fill in the blanks on the form? Keep in mind I will need
>> a new form (new page) for each record to be printed from the report.
>>
><snip>
>
>Boomer,
>    Others have answered the question adequately.
>    I just wanted to comment on the printing of NCR forms.Theese forms
>require a heavy-duty impact printer, laser and inkjet printers will only
>affect the top page.
>    As I recall, early dot-matrix printers weren't able to print more than
>two readable copies, try before buying!

Good point.  I made the assumption that he was trying to replace the
NCR paper, which is expensive to produce, with four laser printed
copies of the form.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
Tony

help about accessing deleted items
Hi, would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids from outlook. which tool r tech should i use to solve this problem . if there is any sample code to access the deleted items ids from outlook will be great help for me to understand. thanx in advance . Best Regards __ Are you trying to retrieve deleted items? Are you using an Exchange server in your environment? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "aatif.amin@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids fr...

data input in text box

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..
Hi, I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original.. is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this.. thanks "AussieRules" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uzrSvxp6KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the > i...

Excel 2007

Excel not Access

Inserting form values into a table

MS Money 95 data files

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Sorting Data #5

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

whose company is willing to invest this company?
If you are interested in investing with our travel business, please contact our coperate sales and marketing department. Attn: Foster Cheung. We will send you our business plan. We can discuss our business. We need set up offices in Vancouver, Victoria, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, and USA. Our vision: FlyGreatChina.com will be the leading low-fare online travel agency that: People want to work with... Customers want to fly with... Shareholders want to invest with. Our Plan: We have some excellent domain names for our travel business. For example, http://www.FlyGreatChina.com, Fl...

Calculating age in a label or text box on a form
Hello All, I have a text box for birthdate for a user to enter the birthdate and I want to the age for the user to be automatically calcuated and displayed in another label called "Age." What formula can I use? Missy ...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Setting MDI Parent Size To Fit Around A Child Form
Hi, How do you set the client size of an MDI parent to fit around a child form? Breakpoints in the constructor and load event handler show the child size to be already modified to fit into the parent; the child's size does not match what shows in the Designer. I suppose the real question might be how do you determine the size of the child window or keep the parent from changing it first? Thanks, Gary What you're asking for is a little backwards, but I'm sure you have your reasons. At any rate, these are the properties you will want to investigate: ...