why no video format for my windows media creating dvd

my creating dvd has only data format; have seen some references to video
format as well.  this prevents me from copying movies, tv shows to a dvd that
can then be shown on another dvd player
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"webbnc" <webbnc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my creating dvd has only data format; have seen some references to video
> format as well.  this prevents me from copying movies, tv shows to a dvd
> that
> can then be shown on another dvd player

Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your
problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database
product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

0
Arvin

Need help in accessing a sharepoint site that I created with the AllTemplates.exe
SBS2008 with WSS 3.0 I downloaded the AllTemplates.exe from Microsoft and installed the Helpdesk template. I can acess the Helpdesk site from SBS2008 and add things to it but I can't access it from a workstation. Can anyone help me out? Thanks You mean you can only access the site from the Server in local , right? maybe we need more information such as error message. how about doing "ping" or "tracert" result. can you access a normal web site (not sharepoint site) from the workstation ? do you get an authentication window ? "john doe" wr...

Disabling F1 key's Windows Help Function
We'll I guess the title says it all :) Just curious if there is an easy way to disable F1 from always trying to bring up Window's help whenever it is hit within the program. I find it more than a little annoying because even in my program where (I thought) I was capturing all keystrokes for a keyDown event (I added UINT MyClass:OnGetDlgCode() { return DLGC_WANTARROWS|DLGC_WANTALLKEYS|DLGC_WANTCHARS; } Hmmm, so can I add something else to this line perhaps (going to check on this now) in order to catch ALL keystrokes (or at least add something so windows help function will be di...

CD/DVD Burning MFC
Hi. Does anyone have any experience with cd and dvd burning through c++ I've looked at the Binary Magics trial (http://www.binarymagics.com/) but it seems a little flaky. Does anyone know of/Has anyone used - a decent open source library that is not expensive (less than $500) that I can use with c++? Ben check with ahead nero.. i dont have exact idea but may be you will find something.. Jigar I think Nero is required on the client's computer to use their cd burning code. I need something that doesnt rely on any application. Thanks anyway, Ben "Jigar Mehta" <j...

Creating a Campaign Response via Follow-up
When you create a new Task/Phone Call or other activity via the Follow-up tab, the new Activity is associated with the entity you are looking at. (so following up a Contact with a Phone Call will create a Phone Call which is associated with the Contact) This is not the case for the Campaign Response activity - when you create a Campaign Response via the Follow-up tab, the Customer field (ie regarding) is left blank and hence not associated with anyone. Presumably this is a bug - anyone know if there is a hotfix for this? Kind Regards, Paul. ...

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

Conditional formating of Charts
Hi, I have a scatter chart and need to conditionally format points and associated labels for each point. The condition is not related to the data series to which the chart is linked. Let me know if there is any specific VBA code for doing the same. You can reach me at krishna.guha@citigroup.com There are some non-VBA suggestions here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html To change some points of a series or some series in a chart based on a known criterion, you can adapt one of the macros in this post: http://www.google.com/groups?selm=3F4B8D49.3080508%40yah...

Time formats
I am creating a template which requires the user enter a time (not present time, flight times), for example the user will be listing a number of flight arrivals and departures and what I want to do is have the user simply enter something like 804p and have the cell display it as 8:04 pm. I have looked at some custom formats and nothing seems to be able to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Tracey ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ See http:...

Windows Live Messenger doesn't "remember" me
Hi All, My Windows Live Messenger doesn't "remember" my username/ID. I click remember me and then when having signed off I restart it or the computer again, it doesn't "remember" me. Help! ...

Creating a summary sheet
I have a spreadsheet that is about 200 rows down and 60 columns accross. I want to create a second summary tab that will pull over only certain columns from the "detail" sheet. As I update the detail sheet I want to also update the summary sheet - so far no problem, but if I add a new row in the detai sheet - how can I also add the same row in the summary sheet and only bring over columns I want on the summary sheet (the columns are not next to each other) Paste link does not insert the row in the summary sheet unless I drag the formulas - which I do not want to do. Is th...

automatic formatting
i use microsoft outlook calendar for all our daily appointments. i do not want to have the highlight feature. when i ask the assistant, i do as it says, but i cannot click the automatice formatting (it is gray and will not allow access) how do I get automatic formatting so that I can get rid of the highlighting and add color thank you ...

How do I put Excel data into a US map format?
I want to feed Excel data about population and trends into a map format instead of a bar graph or pie chart. Is there a plug-in or some such thing that I can use that works with Excel? Ultimately, I want to have each state depicted by a color code for a range of population or an amount of certain data. I am using Excel 2002 in a Windows XP environment. ...

Conditional Formatting #N/A to show white

Conditional Formatting
Is it possible to format a portion of a text string within a cell (as opposed to the entire cell). For example, I would like to format the word 'gift' in red font anywhere it a appears in range C2:C417 but only that word, not the entire cell. Not with conditional formatting. But you could change the actual format for that word (or group of characters)... Saved from a previous post (or two!): If you want to change the color of just the characters, you need VBA in all versions. You want a macro???? Option Explicit Option Compare Text Sub testme() Application.ScreenUpdating ...

Windows Live Mail (news)?
Hi, I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news). First question: How can i remove it ? Second question: I see that after start-up (or after stand-by) and immediately going to WLM often my connection to my provider fails ? Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very quick. Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are read normally. Who can give any advice? Regards Huib Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and receiving. -- Ron Somm...

Should be able to create recurring service activities
It would be nice to be able to create recurring service activities and appointments. We use the shared service calendar and other members of my team cannot see when i am carrying out the month end routine each month unless i manually create an appointment for it. It would be most helpful if you could create a recurring appointment or service activity within crm to save time each time you have the same activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&q...

Date formatting problem #5
Hi there, I've tried everything I can think of with this one - help!! I'm reading dates from 2 cells, storing them in variables, comparing them and then storing the resulting date in a different cell. Code currently is: If stStoredDate<> stDate then stStoredDate=stDate Activecell.Offset(0,1).Value = stStoredDate End If My problem is stStoredDate = 04/09/05 (4 Sep 05 as I'm in the UK), stDate is the same, but the value in the cell is 09/04/05 (9 Apr 05). Both cells have identical formatting. If I change the formatting to 'general', stStoredDate= 38599, but t...

Formatting cell for phone numbers
I am trying to format a cell with phone numbers so that it will look like the following: (937) 123-3456 (937) 129-9876 fax or (937) 123-3456 The word 'fax' is more specifically a label, not necessarily that word. I would like to have carriage returns between the numbers with the possibility of several numbers. This may be confusing and/or too complicated, but I'd like to give it a try. If anyone as suggestions or possible solutions, I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks, Craig >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to format a cell with phone numbers so that ...

Cell format options are truncated
When you click on any cell and click to format it, tabs do not display properly. Are you editing the cell at the time? You may only see the Font tab if that's the case. Make sure you're not in edit mode before you click on Format|Cells... maria.garciavelazquez@gmail.com wrote: > > When you click on any cell and click to format it, tabs do not display > properly. -- Dave Peterson ...

Can Windows client application read/write data to remote SQL Server database?
Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL Server database? > Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL > Server database? Certainly. SQL Server is a client-server DBMS and the service often runs remotely on a separate server. -- Hope this helps. Dan Guzman SQL Server MVP http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/ ...

how to create emails with sound when opening
how to create emails with sound when opening Buster <Buster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to create emails with sound when opening http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/addingsound.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

wmp format is too small
when i play a netflix video cd with wmp in full screen the video itself is about 1/2 the size of the full screen wmp iow there is a black border on all four sides. i have tried just about every option i can find in wmp but no change. any ideas of suggestions? tia Does it show up correctly outside of fullscreen mode? Have you checked for updated video card drivers? -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- On 5/15/2010 11:46 PM, d...

Word documents are re-formatted to an undesired font on opening
I have saved documents with an Arial based style but on re-opening the styles have Times New Roman and different font sizes. How did you change the styles? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "KeithCC" <KeithCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C7387D1-C9F8-4E37-AF7F-7CD79CAC2042@microsoft.com... >I have saved documents with an Arial based style but on re-opening the >styles > have Times New Roman and different font sizes. ...

create customize trendlines
How do you create customize trendlines (w/o doing any additional spreadsheet calculations)? For example, Excel gives you the option of plotting y=m(lnx)+b. I might like to plot y=m(logx)+b instead. Does anyone know any easy way to do this using the trendline option (I've seen graphing programs where you can edit existing curve fits or creat new ones.)? Thanks! ...

Column format when merging Excel data to Word labels
I have a four column Excel spreadsheet which I have Mail Merged into Word to create labels. One of the columns in Excel contains a list of four digit numbers. Some of those numbers begin with a zero. When I have merged the data into Word labels, the four digit numbers starting with a zero have the zero missing. I have tried all sorts of number formats in Excel but can't get the zeros to stay there when merged to Word. Can anyone help???? I'm using Office 2003. There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Wo...

Strange problem while running MFC 7.0 apps on Windows 2000
Hello, I'm writing an MFC 7.1 program and it runs smoothly on XP and 98. However, on Windows 2000 I encountered a strange message saying that The application failed to initailize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. Thus I try to install VS.Net 2003 on a Win2k machine and run my EXE from VS.Net IDE. The debugging outputs are attached below. Any clues / suggestions / solutions are appreciated. My program uses VS.Net 2003 (MFC 7.1, link as static library) and CImage class in that. The GDIPlus.dll is copied from .Net framework 1.1.3705. TIA, Arthur ...