Why my Access 2007's response is so slow?

Hi all,
I have a machine with spec AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6Ghz and 4GB of Memory running
on a 32bit Windows Vista.  When I switch the views from design to
forms/reports, Access needs to think for at least a few seconds before it
could response to me.  It also sometimes happends on when I tried to move
around the objects in the design view of form/report.

I tried it in another pretty old XP machine.  The problem didn't exist.  At
first I thought it was the problem of the network.  So I copied the file to
local and do the same thing, but it didn't help.

What else can I do to improve the Access performance?

Thanks.

0
Aldred
3/4/2010 8:03:35 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Try it on another Vista machine. See what happens there.

Disable your virus checker and test Access then.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Aldred@office" <aldred> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have a machine with spec AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6Ghz and 4GB of Memory
> running on a 32bit Windows Vista.  When I switch the views from design to
> forms/reports, Access needs to think for at least a few seconds before it
> could response to me.  It also sometimes happends on when I tried to move
> around the objects in the design view of form/report.
>
> I tried it in another pretty old XP machine.  The problem didn't exist.
> At first I thought it was the problem of the network.  So I copied the
> file to local and do the same thing, but it didn't help.
>
> What else can I do to improve the Access performance?
>
> Thanks.

0
De

Need to export from outlook 2007 into Excel, include date and tim
Exporting from Outlook 2007 to either Excel or Access Need email information date sent not modified subject line to from http://www.codetwo.com/freeware/outlook-export/ Karl -- ____________________________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr "Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010" http://www.contactgenie.com "MicroMacroMicro" <MicroMacroMicro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B2AD2A0-7A64-45D7...

Access 2.0 to Access 97 09-07-04
I have a vb 3.0 application that accesses data in an Access 2.0 database. If I convert this database to Access 97 it no longer works saying unrecognizable database format. Is there some way I can access Access 97 databases from vb 3.0? Hi, Nikki. > Is there some way I can access Access 97 databases > from vb 3.0? You'll probably need to upgrade your VB compiler as well. VB 3.0 creates 16-bit applications, whereas Access 97 is 32-bit, so if your VB application is accessing database application objects in addition to accessing data, then you'll likely run into problems. Th...

outlook 2007 cached mode question
With the cached mode a copy of the mailbox is stored locally. Does this mean that a user can go to another user's cached copy and open/read it? Each of my users has to be a local administrator because of a records management system we use, so each person's "private" folders are mapped to a shared network drive where security settings restrict access. If a local administrator would have access to the cached copies of mailboxes I would have to manually change the storage location. If I disable the cached mode what, if any, functionality do I lose? Bill Bill <trai...

Expression Calling Public Function In Access 2007
Hello Everyone, I have a perfectly functioning db in 2000-02 and 03. On a calendar form, that lives inside another form, I have all the day buttons OnClick event tied to an expression that points to a public function in the forms code container. Looks like this =ClickMe(11). Code Looks like this: Public Sub ClickMe(ByVal iLabelNum As Integer) DoCmd.Hourglass True Me.Repaint Call SelectDay(("lbl" & CStr(iLabelNum))) DoCmd.Hourglass False Exit Sub In Access 2007 (either in 2002 or converted to 2007), I receive an error: something about "The expression On Click you e...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

Resize Forms in Access 2007
I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the screen resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct, how do you use this feature? Thanks, BobV On Aug 9, 8:41 am, "BobV" <rk...@earthlink.net> wrote: > I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or > something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the screen > resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct, how > do you use this feature?...

conditional formating in Access
how to use Max funciton for conditional formating in Access form On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 01:43:00 -0800, sudyl wrote: > how to use Max funciton for conditional formating in Access form Max of What? Select the control. Click on Format + Conditional Formatting. Select Expression Is As the expression write: [ThisControlName] = Max([ThisControlName]) Select the colors wanted. Save the change -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

AutoFormat not working in Word 2007 in Windows 7
I have just installed the Office 2007 suite on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit edition. Almost everything works well, but I noticed that when I type quotes, Word 2007 is not automatically converting them from straight quotes to curly quotes. I have went into the Word Options and tried the setting both ways, but it makes no difference. I have made absolutely no changes to this installation, and this problem does not occur on my Windows Vista and Windows XP machines. The computer is virus-free (I have an antivirus solution running, I don't go to shady sites to begin with...

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

EHLO response 2007
How do i change the EHLO response in exchange 2007 (I can in 2003!), currently its showing servername.domain should be mail.domain i think its causing issues with some emails not getting throo cheers mark ...

Sync Outlook Notes 2007 with Exchange
I'm running Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2010. I use my notes in Outlook quite a bit, but my OWA or Active Sync on my mobile device doesn't give me a chance to sync notes anymore. I'm sure this is an exchange questions, but wondered if anyone knew of a fix? thanks Jason ...

Publisher 2007: How do I change dates on calendar page in newslet
I'm creating a newsletter. I added a calendar page. In previous versions of Publisher, I was able to get to Calendar Options to change the month. In Publisher 2007 when I insert a calendar page into a newsletter, I can no longer access the Calendar Options task pane. Please describe how to change the dates. The calendar wizard is broken. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future service pack. Meanwhile you will have to manually change the calendar dates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Stephanie" &...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

Access 2007 SQL Pass Through Queries
I have an Access 2003 mdb that I use to connect to a SQL 2005 database. When I open the application in Access 2007 it errors on using SQL pass through queries. I see that pass through queries (amongst other options) have been disabled under Access 2007. However it seems that they are enabled under certain circumstances so I've been trying to get them working by changing the security settings. The queries are still failing after setting the following: - Sandbox Mode to 0 (turn off sandbox mode for all apps) - Applied a recognised Digital Signature - Trusted the Publisher - Trusted the loc...

File path not found in Outlook 2007
We have several users who have lately been receiving this error when they try to send an email from Outlook 2007. The machines are XP SP3, we are using Exchange 2003, which is updated. Any suggestions or help? I have an angry General Manager. I just realized that the error isn't listed in the body of the text below. The error that we are receiving is "File path not found." The only time that we encounter this error is when there are attachments that have been added or forwarded. Your help is greatly appreciated! "Jerry Walker" wrote: > We ...

Outlook 2007 adding contacts issue #2
Hello! I apologize in advance if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere... today I added contacts to outlook 2007...never had used it before on Vista ever...and closed out went to lunch... came back, I cannot add any new contacts. All options to add a greyed out... If I select file new.....adding contacts is there but greyed out... any ideas on what to change? Thanks! lori, Go to your contacts page and type CTRL + N. The new contact page will open. Or on your contacts page, click New on the button that appears just below the File menu item. Or on your contacts pa...

MAPI Failure message using 2007 word
-- JOHN HASKINS I keep getting this error message when I try to send a document from Word 2007 to my Outlook Email Client, which is my default email setup. I followed the recommended steps that help feature suggested, but that did not work by saving the document then closing and also closing Outlook, which was when word would restart it would start a new MAPI Session. No Go! What much I do. All other applications and software allow me to send to my email client except Office. ...

Access 2003 Runtime
I have a package used by about 20 people in my company running on Access 2003 Runtime. Some of the forms have hyperlink fields. When we ran on the Access full version, we could right click in those fields and edit the hyperlink text. We do not appear to have that ability in the runtime version. We need to be able to edit the hyperlink name so that it appears as something meaningful. How can I do this? "theBruceGuy" <theBruceGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5930136-BE38-4379-A799-3824A147E216@microsoft.com... >I have a package used by about 20 peopl...

Outlook 2007: Themes and Stationery
I am trying to use an Outlook theme. I have selected the theme and also chose to use the theme's fonts. When I begin an email message using the theme, the theme's font shows up but if I try to do bullets, I get the regular old bullets (black circles) even though the theme has nice fancy ones. What do I need to change to get those nice fancy bullets? ...

URGENT: Unable to access crystal
I am using CRM 1.2. After installing Crystal Latest Fix from CRM downloads. i started getting this error. It is critical because Users needs to generate reports. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to log into crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to communicate with crystallogon.csp Error Message: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to log into...

Hide Quck Parts in Word 2007
Hi, Is it possible to hide empty quick parts in word 2007? I am populating quick parts from a sharepoint list (wss 3.0) and some of the fields in this list are not rquired and the field names are showing when the metadata is empty. http://www.moss2007.be/blogs/vandest/archive/2009/12/03/configure-word-2007-content-controls-with-empty-placeholder-text.aspx ...

Access 2007 Rich Text Question 04-28-07
Hi All In the plan text version of a Memo field you can easily add a date by pressing Ctrl+Colon which makes life easy for the end user. However, if the Memo field is set to the Rich Text Property this no longer works. Or am I missing something? Tom gave me a part answer last week but I cannot see a way of inserting a date on a Rich Text Memo field by using keystrokes Thanks ...

MailMerge from Access
Hi I use an Access Database to run the membership system for a gardening club with c 500 members. I have a Word Email mailmerge document that uses a query on the database to email a subset of the members. This works. Is there a way of running the mailmerge by clicking on a command button on a form within the Access Database? If possible I would prefer to use macros (which I understand) rather than code (which I would struggle with) but any help would be useful. Many thanks Dennis -- DennisB Dennis: You'll find a demo file of various Access to Word automation operations, inclu...

Access 2000
Hello all, I have a field named Field213 that holds (CASETYPE) from the database. When I open the form, I want it to look at that field and make field163 visible depending on what it stored in Field213. Right now it only becomes visible if I manually change what is in field213, then field163 becomes visible. I should mention that I have field163 as visible no and display always, the same as field PBISUB, Field382 and Field163. Probably something simple, but I can't seem to see it right now. I have the following: Private Sub Field213_BeforeUpdate(iC As Integer) If Me!CASETYPE = &qu...

sign-in Problems with Money Plus 2007
I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? -- Manticorr In microsoft.public.money, Manticorr wrote: >I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I >have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to >go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? Hold on to you backup files. You may want to increase the number of backup files f...