What event to use in a field property on a from

In my form Souls field Age I want to have this field calculate the current
age of the soul from the field DOB that is also in the form. DOB is a
formated date and AGE is formated General Number 0 decimals.  What is the
best event to use when adding or updateing the record.  The DOB may be blank
in some instances and then be updated at some later time.  Thank You in
advance for all the help.  I am using Ver 2007
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You should not be storing the Age in a table. Instead, you should calculate
it in a query, and use the query wherever you would otherwise have used the
table.

To compute Age, given DOB, see
http://www.mvps.org/access/datetime/date0001.htm at "The Access Web"

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"MaRSMAN" <MaRSMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my form Souls field Age I want to have this field calculate the current
> age of the soul from the field DOB that is also in the form. DOB is a
> formated date and AGE is formated General Number 0 decimals.  What is the
> best event to use when adding or updateing the record.  The DOB may be
> blank
> in some instances and then be updated at some later time.  Thank You in
> advance for all the help.  I am using Ver 2007

0
Douglas

Combine portions of multiple xml files into 1 xml file using xsl i
I'm building a windows app using C#. The goal is to merge portions of multiple xml files into one. I currently have an .xsl stylesheet that pulls in the required sections of multiple xml files and combines them into one xml file. This xsl works correctly. I'm now trying to utilize this xsl in my C# application, along with the required xml files, to merge them into the one document. Basically I'm looking for a code example of how to apply the xsl style sheet to the documents and create a single xml file. I started working with the XslTransform.Transform method, but it&...

use of xsd.exe
VS2005. I'm running a stored procedure and am stuffing the output into a dataset. I want the dataset to be strongly-typed, but can't seem to get quite what I want out. Performing a "Fill" on a generic dataset, I can get the schema of the data being returned. A snippet appears below: <xs:element name="Table2"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="PRODUCT_GROUP" msprop:OraDbType="126" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" /> <xs:element ...

Using insert to paste a row--how done in Excel 2007
Hi, In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a row instead of what I have copied. I want it the old way! How do I do it? -- Thanks, PTweety R-click, Insert Copied Cells. pickytweety wrote: > Hi, > In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a > new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it > automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a r...

Saving Excel workbook in SQL server using c#
Could anyone please help me out as to how we can save the excel workbook in the database and read it back. I was able to convert the text files and image files into binary format and save them to the DB and finally able to retrive them back in the same format. But was unable to do same for the excel object. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, regards, jitender ...

How can I Enable a Check Box based on another fields value?
Hi There, I have a form with a disabled check box. I need to enable it when a certain value ("approved") is selected from a combo box. When I am in Form Design View and I have the Check Box selected the Conditional Formatting menu item on the Format menu is greyed out. I am using Access 2003. Can you tell me what I need to do to make this work? Many thanks, David As you've discovered, Conditional Formatting isn't availabe to checkboxes. Try this: Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.YourComboBox = "Approved" Then YourCheckBox.Enabled = True Else YourChe...

Is there a wizard to export and match fields?
I would like to export products from my table into a csv that has different field names. Is there a wizard that would allow me to select which fields to export and what fields they match up to in the new file? Instead of exporting a table, create a query and alias the field names to the ones you want in the CSV, then export the query. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Email? Free subscription: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ACCESS-L "ZenMasta" <me...

Field service table structure and field definitions
The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data flows. Thanks, Will You may want to contact I.B.I.S. They wrote the application. -- Charles Allen, MVP "WS" wrote: > The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field > service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA > into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying th...

Comments field
I would like to add some notes for a Payee but the Comments field under the Payee is not big enough. Is this the only place I can makes these type of notes? I want to put in information such as lenght of contract, type of service they provide, costs, etc.... Thank you. No other solutions (in Money) are coming to mind. "Apr" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:u8WcsBuFHHA.3304@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is this the only place I can makes these type of notes? Apr wrote: > I would like to add some notes for a Payee but the Comments field > under the Pa...

How to add summary fields to Group Footer in Access Reports?
How do you add a Summary fields to Group Footers in Access? I have a Detail field I want to Sum in the Group Footer in my report. -- Pat Dools ...

Help with
I am currently in the process of migrating exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 on new hardware. I have transfered the RUS role, offline address book role and replicated the public folders ect. and now am beginning to move maiboxes. I noticed 3 very repetive errors in the application event log however. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether these messages are somthing I should be concerned with. See them below. So far I have no user complaints about outlook. Thanks. Event ID: 9320 Source MSExchangeSA Type Warning Description OALGen could not generate full details for some en...

Looking for someone who can integrate CRM with GP using SCRIBE Integration tool
Hi, Is anyone out there in Sydney area who would like to help us in doing integration between CRM 4 and GP 10 through SCRIBE integration tool for a fee? We are looking for someone who has already done integration between these two applications using SCRIBE. You will have to do bit of customisations in the SCRIBE standard templates. If anyone available, you can contact me through my email badri1203@gmail.com Badri ...

Using A CTabView
Hi, I need to implement a tab control which contains a number of custom controls on each tab page. For example my custom control has a number of LED type static controls and a list control. Its quite small, 200x200. I need a number of them in a tab page. They need to aligned underneath each other with a static label above each giving a description of each one. I also need to be able to scroll down if I have too many to fit into one page. Has anyone done something similar or can suggest where to look?? Cheers ...

Are there functions/Or Events that are called automatically when the database file first opens and When it closes?
All, I'm assuming its "Public Function init_something()" but I can't seem to find a reference to the correct syntax. I'm using Access 2007. Basically what I'm trying to do is initialize a list of global variables and I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Option Compare Database Public VariableName As String 'Call Init - Will throw an error 'VariableName = "Hello World" - Will throw an error Option Explicit Public Function Init() VariableName = "Hello World" End Function Private Sub btName_Click() ...

OUTLOOK FIELD NAME
Hi at all!!!I have this problem....I want export my mail from Lotus Notes into Microsoft Outlook 2000. I have the script already available but I don't know the field name of Outlook document. Something can help me??? Bye.... how in the heck did you get that far, i can't figure any of it out ----- giuliano wrote: ----- Hi at all!!!I have this problem....I want export my mail from Lotus Notes into Microsoft Outlook 2000. I have the script already available but I don't know the field name of Outlook document. Something can help me???...

Status field in POP10500
Can anyone tell me what "0" in the Status field of POP10500 means? I have shipments that show up on my Purchase Order Processing Document Inquiry window with no corresponding invoice. However, when I attempt to match them to a purchasing invoice, I get a message saying, “This line item has been fully received and invoiced, You may continue, or you may delete this line item and enter a different one.” Using Query Analyzer, I see records with a POTYPE of 2 (Invoiced Receipt) matching up to the shipments. However, the "Status" for these two records is "0". Th...

Using a Space in Webbrowser Control
Hello: As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so simple... any help is appreciated. I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method. The url I'm using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works directly in firefox and IE). Here's some sample code: ------------------------------------ strWebPage = "http://www.imdb.com" &" ?" & Text2.Text txtURL.Text = strWebPage Web1.Navigate txtURL.Text Do While Web1.ReadyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE DoEvents Loop DoEven...

HOW USE 2 LANGUAGES IN AX. ???????????
Hello I have problem and I need Help: 1. Axapta using English Language in all system 2. I need write something in Russian Language. When I use Russian Keyboard and I wriet somethings in Axapta fields is ok, but after this Russian words was change and I see only symbol likely this ??????? (query) 3. In MS SQL database in the fields I see words likely this symbol ??????? (query) Please send my all information how I can write something in different Languages in this same Axapta - I need write simultaneously in 2 Languages. Please send answer on ma email: search1234@wp.pl Thank...

Cash-Basis Reporting using GP Analytical Accounting
We are a new GP 8 customer, still in the process of implementation, migrating from QuickBooks Pro. We are a non-profit and have unique reporting needs for our board and donors. We switched from cash-basis to accrual accounting about 2 years ago. However, a lot of our reports are still run on a cash-basis level, we need to be able to report on a cash basis as well as accrual basis. I know ther eis a cash-basis tool add-on for GP from AIM technologies. But I was wondering if the GP Analytical Accouning or multidimensional module would give us the same functionality and flexibility in g...

Lost Properties pop up on right mouse click?
Hi, I can no longer right click on a control and bring up its properties. I have to be in design mode and select the field then click the properties button in the tool bar? Any idea how to get the right mouse click to bring the properties up? Thanks Chuck "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00FD3588-E880-498C-9F24-8E4D6A8F464B@microsoft.com... > Hi, I can no longer right click on a control and bring up its properties. > I > have to be in design mode and select the field then click the properties > button in the tool bar? > Any ide...

Moving fields on extender windows
Hi! Can someone tell me how I can move the fields on the extender windows? -- Marisol Mortera Because of the way Extender stores data, you cannot move fields like you would using Modifier. You need to go to the Extender windows design and set up another field with the information. Then you will need to move data behind the scenes from the existing field to the new field. Alternatively, you could export the data; delete the data in the window; and import it. "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > Can someone tell me how I can move the fields on the extender windows? > -- &...

Event 1030, Public Folders
This morning, users started noticing the following issue: Symptoms: Clients can not access any of the public folders that they normally could. If the user has explicit permissions defined in client permissions (ESM, PF Props, Perms, Client Perms) they are able to access their PFs without issue. If the user had their rights defined by group membership, the PFs are no longer visible. If I add a user to the Client Permissions of a PF, then they are able to access the folder. If I remove and re-add the group, there is still no change. Environment: Exchange 2003 Native Mode running on...

Printing Custom Forms and Exporting Custom Fields
I want to design a custom form and place it in the Public Folder for use by multiple users. Two problems: 1) unable to print custom forms 2) understand that data from custom fields cannot be exported into another application I need to export the data for management reports. Any suggestions? I am not a programmer, but have had some success working with VBA in Excel. Info on the microsoft sites appears stale. We have Outlook 2002 and Microsoft XP operating system. Thank you very much. ...

storing value in form field
Hello, I want to get values from a pop-up date form to insert in a text box on another form. Problem is when I close the date form, the value that the text box was referring to is gone. Is there a quick way to save the value in the main form until new dates are typed in? Thanks You should be able to hide the form rather than close it. "ryan" <ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49EA576C-544E-4A18-B4FB-4F7AF6D2951E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I want to get values from a pop-up date form to insert in a text box on > another form. Problem...

Create hyperlinks using VLOOKUP?
I would like to enter a model number(CM3636a) in A1. When entered, is there a way to lookup in a table and create a hyperlink automatically? I have hundreds of model numbers which I want to associate a diagram(jpg). I only want to do this once, then everytime the same model number is entered, a link is created to that diagram. Can anyone think of any ingenious ideas on how to achieve something like this? Joe Hi if you have the name of a file in column b try something like =HYPERLINK("C:\temp\" & VLOOKUP(A1,'lookuptable'!A1:B100,2,0) & ".jpg") -- Regards...

How do I determine whether my exchange server is being used to relay SPAM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C41E7A.F70E2800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have recently changed from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. We have also = instituted an signature program for our outgoing email. This week I have = been getting NDR's from sites and some say that our site is sending them = SPAM. I beleive that either these sites are registering the signatures = as SPAM or our server is relaying SPAM messages. How do I determine = this, I imagine that some logs would show t...