What does this mean?

Private Sub Form_Got()
Me.subHorseDetailsChild.Form.Recordset.MoveLast
End Sub

Thanks for any Help!....Bob

0
Bob
5/7/2007 9:45:47 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

That code must be contained in a module associated with a form that has a
subform on it. The name of the subform control is subHorseDetailsChild
(depending on how the subform was added to the parent form, it's possible
that the form that's used as the subform may be named something else).

That particular instruction is saying to move to the last row in the
recordset of the subform.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:f1msck$t5u$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...

> Private Sub Form_Got()
> Me.subHorseDetailsChild.Form.Recordset.MoveLast
> End Sub
>
> Thanks for any Help!....Bob

0
Douglas
5/7/2007 10:59:02 AM
On Mon, 7 May 2007 21:45:47 +1200, "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote:

>Private Sub Form_Got()
>Me.subHorseDetailsChild.Form.Recordset.MoveLast
>End Sub

I assume you mean:

Private Sub Form_GotFocus()

as there is no "Got" event of a form ...

Assuming it's the GotFocus event, this means that whenever your form receives the Focus (you click on it, for example),
the data in the subHorseDetailsChild subform will move to the last record. You need to be careful with GotFocus, since
it doesn't always fire. This is from the MSDN onlilne reference:

"A form can receive the focus only if it has no controls or if all visible controls are disabled. If a form contains any
visible, enabled controls, the GotFocus event for the form doesn't occur."

So unless this form has no controls Visible, or unless all visible controls are disabled, there is no guarantee that
your code will fire.

Here's a link to the GotFocus reference:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa165410(office.10).aspx

Scott McDaniel
scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
www.infotrakker.com
0
Scott

What does this error message mean?
Hello, I gave my old computer to some novice friends, with Outlook Express on it. When trying to send/receive from Outlook Express I get the following dialog: WNetGetUser Returned and Outlook Express can't connect to the ISP. However, by using the Internet icon first and being already connected, Outlook Express sends and receives messages OK. I have checked the account settings I entered but I'm stuck as to why Outlook Express can't actually connect to the ISP itself. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Ex...

What does "Workbook has no bound sheets" mean?
I'm working with spreadsheets in Excel 2000, and keep getting the message "Workbook has no bound sheets", and then get promptly thrown out of Excel. Any idea why I keep getting this message, and how I can stop getting it? I got this error in Excel today, 11jan06. I developed a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 under WinXP and created a Name that referred to a range in an external file, another Excel spreadsheet. I update the 'other' spreadsheet from an accounting application (which exports its data in .XL5, yes 'five', format). I simply renamed the exported file e...

What does the hammer & wrench symbol mean in the rules window?
When pulling up the "Rules & Alerts" tool, some rules have a hammer and wrench symbol on the same line. What does this mean? On Tue, 03 May 2005 14:51:11 -1000, wardgn <wardgn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When pulling up the "Rules & Alerts" tool, some rules have a hammer and > wrench symbol on the same line. What does this mean? It means that the rule actions conclude with a "Stop Processing More Rules" action so that if a message meets its criteria none of the succeeding rules will be applied. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-...

Plotting mean and standarddeviation (boxplot?)
Hi Could anybody help me on this: I want to plot the mean and standard deviation as a function of, say, time (I know that it will be discrete in time), with the mean marked with a dot and mean+standard deviation as a short horizontal line, connected to the mean-dot by a vertical line and mean-standard deviation the same way. It may be what is called a box plot, but I'm not sure... Thank you! /Mette This will be a lot easier to do if you swap the layout. Put the time in a column to the right of the mean values. If you don't want to mess your existing data set, use a copy. N...

Is there a slick means of creating tickets in Pub. 2007?
I wish to create event tickets, 8 to an A4 sheet with no margins or spacers. It can be done by copying, pasting and dragging but is there a slick means as one would do for labels? -- Best regards, Hywel File, Page Setup, Advanced (on the right), Multiple Pages per sheet, Width 10.5cm Height 7.42cm. Zero margins. Publisher should say 2 columns of 4. Be certain you have A4 selected. If you want consecutive numbering for your tickets create a data base, use mail merge. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Hywel Thomas" <hywelthomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Meaning of error 11004
Trying to send or receive in Outlook Express I get socket error 11004. Can someone tell me the problem, please? This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windo...

What does this warning mean?
I have a modeless dialog box class, objects of which I display and hide as my application does things. It just shows a status message. Every time I destroy one of these objects, I get the following two warnings. MyApp: Warning: calling DestroyWindow in CDialog::~CDialog -- MyApp: OnDestroy or PostNcDestroy in derived class will not be called. I assume this means I'm doing something that is dangerous but there doesn't seem to be any problem with the application. Do I need to worry about this and how do I fix it or otherwise get rid of the warnings? --- Al. "Al" ...

What does this error message mean?
I have a database that wont open. When I tried to open it said there was an error and did I want to send a message to Microsoft. Access produced a backup copy as it tried to repair it but the backup wont open and I get a message that says Record(s) cannot be read:no read permission on 'MSysAccessStorage' How do I get my database open? Thanks Tony Thanks CW I'll try all those options and report back. It's 19.18 on Sunday here in the Uk so I'll try tomorrow. Thanks Again Tony "Cheese_whiz" <Cheesewhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B...

What is the meaning of the "$" in say the left$ function
Hi Guys, Just a quick question with regard to the dollar sign at the end of the Left, right, mid etc type functions.. i do not know what the $ means and am unable to find/track down what it means ?? Does anyone know when /where it should be used?? The help is unhelpful in this particular case!! Many thnaks for your support!! Cheers, DontKnow wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Just a quick question with regard to the dollar sign at the end of the > Left, > right, mid etc type functions.. i do not know what the $ means and am > unable to find/track down what ...

Weekly bar charts assumes i mean daily bar chart
Hi, I'm trying to creat a simple bar chart that shows open tickets and closed tickets week by week. I have 3 weeks of data and the bars themselves are ok (20 open 6 closed). However, when using the date as the horizontal axis, Excel inserts the 6 days of the week between each miles stone. So, if I want to see the number of tickets each Monday, Excel creates the chart with all the other days of the week, which have no data. I'm left with 3 bars standing apart. How can I get each Monday to stand next to each other and hide the intevening days? P.S. The cells the chart is ba...

community means what
hi iam chinnu from kurnool iam new to micro soft office ...

meaning of e-mail scanner is not fully functional
this warning has come up on my lap top Possibly your Anti Virus mail scanning plugin? "murphy" <murphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016250F1-B0AA-4A31-A84F-719754896F9E@microsoft.com... > this warning has come up on my lap top ...

what do the symbols in an enterprise application diagram mean
Nowhere can be found what the meaning is of all the elements you can use in an enterprise application diagram. Not in Visio help, not searching the internet. ...

RMS 2.0 what does on the fly mean with purchase orders?
What does on the fly mean purchase orders? 2.0 Is there a way to create purchase orders thru the pos ?????? I think it means you can create a PO for a brand new item by starting the PO, then creating the new item and assigning qties for the new item in the PO you're creating; with V1.3 you had to create the new item first, then create your PO. "AL" wrote: > What does on the fly mean purchase orders? 2.0 > > Is there a way to create purchase orders thru the pos ?????? > ...

What does "Compile error in hidden module:Autoexec New" mean?
I am receiving this error message when i start excel, with saved excel programs as well as new ones I am creating. A PDFMaker add-in problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 -- Jim "Karla" <Karla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C336C6-10D3-40BE-8146-C0491DA16804@microsoft.com... |I am receiving this error message when i start excel, with saved excel | programs as well as new ones I am creating. ...

What does & ", " & means ?
I found this query in the Northwind sample database. SELECT Employees.EmployeeID, [LastName] & ", " & [FirstName] AS ReportsTo FROM Employees ORDER BY Employees.LastName, Employees.FirstName; I do not know, in the first line, what & ", " & means ?? Someone who can help me with this one ? -- My Photo Gallery. www.photo.box2600.dk [LastName] & ", " & [FirstName] this takes two fields [LastName] and [FirstName] and combines them into one field with a comma seperating them. So: [FirstName] = "Jason" [LastName] = "Lepack&qu...

what does it mean when the date is nothing but #######?
I am using the invoice template and all of a sudden today, it is not showing the date. I have tried to delete it and type in the date again, but it isn't doing anything. How do I fix it to show the date? It's a negative date. Go to tools|options|calculation and check the 1904 date system. Hopefully this will cure the problem. -- Ian -- "Ninabean" <Ninabean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6445E30-09DE-49EB-B767-7720474B0FBD@microsoft.com... >I am using the invoice template and all of a sudden today, it is not >showing > the date. I have...

What does the "E" in 5E
I am used MS EXCEL to perform a scatter plot. When the information was graph, Excel provided me with the formula 5E - 71e^0.085x. What does the "E" in 5E mean? The E is the way Excel represents 10 to the power. So 1.2E3 is 1.2X10^3 or 1200 and 1.2E-3 is 1.2 x 10^-3 or 0.0012. "College Professor" -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "College student" <College student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F20E8A3-BDC6-42E5-A5D0-508D57C40F42@microsoft.com... >I am used MS EXCEL to perform a scatte...

What does the [Group] in a file name mean?
I have worked with 2 to 3 Excel files that have the designation of "[Group]" in them. Does anybody know what the relevance of this and if it is known to cause any problems. Thanks for your feedback. EES Hi this indicated that you have 'grouped' several sheets (selected them together). Simply select on single tab name to remove this. Note: In group modus a change done on the active sheet will also be done in all grouped sheets -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany EES wrote: > I have worked with 2 to 3 Excel files that have the > designation of "[Grou...

side by side configuration
I've recently given an update to a single user who finds that the program now gives an error "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see.... " The program runs fine on my machine and older builds runs on his. However, if I take the older build and re-build, the resulting exe gives the same error. It's an MFC project and there are no new DLL's. The VC redist is installed on his machine. If anyone has any ideas they'd be very much appreciated Phil It may mean that you have installed a s...

what does it mean -- in formulas
what does this -- sign do in formulas -- Nawaz5 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nawaz50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3393 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53714 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html for a detailed explanation. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Nawaz50" <Nawaz50.26yzbm_1146219908.114@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Nawaz50.26yzbm_1146219908.114@excelforum-nosp...

what does the size 1/72 means
trying to find out if appies font or point You can specify a row height of 0 (zero) to 409. This value represents the height measurement in points (1 point equals approximately 1/72 inch or 0.035 cm). The default row height is 12.75 points (approximately 1/6 inch or 0.4 cm). If a row has a height of 0 (zero), the row is hidden. "Vin_microsoft" wrote: > trying to find out if appies font or point 1/72 of an inch is one point. Font sizes are measured in points. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Vin_microsoft" <Vin_microsof...

Message status icons and their meanings
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Where can I view a complete listing of message status icons and their meanings? I don't seem to be able to find it in help. Thanks. <BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:11pt'>Open Entourage Help under Help in the Menu bar.<BR> <BR> Type in Symbols in Entourage<BR> <BR> Click on Message list icons<BR> <BR> -- <BR> Diane </SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE> Thanks! Welcome ba...

Need means of validating incoming mail's return address in Exchange 2003...
Not sure if this is the right group to post to. This utility would reduce the amount of spam I receive along with using SPF. I have found address validation software to process a mailing list but nothing to validate at the mail server level. Thanks for any assistance. Slippin Through <USER@INVALIDDOMAIN.COM> wrote: >Not sure if this is the right group to post to. This utility would >reduce the amount of spam I receive along with using SPF. I have found >address validation software to process a mailing list but nothing to >validate at the mail server level. Thanks for any as...

Meaning of Symbol (Icon) in Sent Folder
This may be a very simple-minded question, but I can’t seem to find reference to it anywhere. 1. There is a symbol in the Sent folder, in the “Sort by: Icon” column that looks like an opened envelope with a blue “I” in a circle. What does this icon mean? It seems to appear for some, but not all, mail I’ve sent to people within my organization (on the Outlook system and in the mailbox. In fact, sometimes it will appear for the same person at some times, but not at others. It never appears for people outside of our network. I also noticed that when it appears, the message includes a...