What does this error message mean?

I have a database that wont open. When I tried to open it said there was an
error and did I want to send a message to Microsoft. Access produced a
backup copy as it tried to repair it but the backup wont open and I get a
message that says
Record(s) cannot be read:no read permission on 'MSysAccessStorage'
How do I get my database open?
Thanks
Tony

0
Tony
7/1/2007 12:23:20 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Thanks CW I'll try all those options and report back. It's 19.18 on Sunday
here in the Uk so I'll try tomorrow.
Thanks
Again
Tony
"Cheese_whiz" <Cheesewhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Tony,
>
> That 'mSysAccessStorage' is, I believe, one of the hidden tables used by
> access.  You can go into the options and view all those system type
> objects,
> but not if you can't get into the database.
>
> The first thing I'd try to do is holding the shift button down as you open
> the file.  If it's an unsecured db, then hold down shift when you
> double-click the file icon.  If it's secured, hold the shift down while
> you
> are hitting the 'ok' button right after typing in your password.  If you
> get
> in, immediately compact and repair your database (Tools>Database
> Utilities>Compact and Repair).  Hopefully, that will fix it.
>
> If that doesn't work, I'd probably try making a new database and see if
> you
> can import all the objects out of the old one.  In a new database, go to
> 'file', then 'get external data', then 'import'.  Then navigate to
> wherever
> your messed up database is and see if it will let you import the objects.
> If
> it will, just click on each tab in the window that opens, choose 'select
> all'
> and then move to the next tab and select all....until you have all objects
> on
> all tabs selected.  You might want to check the 'options' and make sure
> that
> the 'import definition and data' is selected, as well as import
> relationships.  Queries should be imported as queries as well.  That
> should
> all be set as default I think.
>
> After you have checked the options and selected everything, import it all.
> If everything works, and your old/broken db was secured, you'll have some
> things to set back up in the security...
>
> Good Luck,
> CW
>
> "Tony Williams" wrote:
>
>> I have a database that wont open. When I tried to open it said there was
>> an
>> error and did I want to send a message to Microsoft. Access produced a
>> backup copy as it tried to repair it but the backup wont open and I get a
>> message that says
>> Record(s) cannot be read:no read permission on 'MSysAccessStorage'
>> How do I get my database open?
>> Thanks
>> Tony

0
Tony
7/1/2007 6:18:35 PM
Thanks CW holding the shift key down worked fine. Found the problem with a
corrupt form that opened on startup, deleted the form re-imported it from a
backup database and everything back to normal. Thanks again
Tony
"Cheese_whiz" <Cheesewhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Tony,
>
> That 'mSysAccessStorage' is, I believe, one of the hidden tables used by
> access.  You can go into the options and view all those system type
> objects,
> but not if you can't get into the database.
>
> The first thing I'd try to do is holding the shift button down as you open
> the file.  If it's an unsecured db, then hold down shift when you
> double-click the file icon.  If it's secured, hold the shift down while
> you
> are hitting the 'ok' button right after typing in your password.  If you
> get
> in, immediately compact and repair your database (Tools>Database
> Utilities>Compact and Repair).  Hopefully, that will fix it.
>
> If that doesn't work, I'd probably try making a new database and see if
> you
> can import all the objects out of the old one.  In a new database, go to
> 'file', then 'get external data', then 'import'.  Then navigate to
> wherever
> your messed up database is and see if it will let you import the objects.
> If
> it will, just click on each tab in the window that opens, choose 'select
> all'
> and then move to the next tab and select all....until you have all objects
> on
> all tabs selected.  You might want to check the 'options' and make sure
> that
> the 'import definition and data' is selected, as well as import
> relationships.  Queries should be imported as queries as well.  That
> should
> all be set as default I think.
>
> After you have checked the options and selected everything, import it all.
> If everything works, and your old/broken db was secured, you'll have some
> things to set back up in the security...
>
> Good Luck,
> CW
>
> "Tony Williams" wrote:
>
>> I have a database that wont open. When I tried to open it said there was
>> an
>> error and did I want to send a message to Microsoft. Access produced a
>> backup copy as it tried to repair it but the backup wont open and I get a
>> message that says
>> Record(s) cannot be read:no read permission on 'MSysAccessStorage'
>> How do I get my database open?
>> Thanks
>> Tony

0
Tony
7/2/2007 1:22:08 PM
Glad it worked out, Tony!
CW

"Tony Williams" wrote:

> Thanks CW holding the shift key down worked fine. Found the problem with a
> corrupt form that opened on startup, deleted the form re-imported it from a
> backup database and everything back to normal. Thanks again
> Tony
> "Cheese_whiz" <Cheesewhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Tony,
> >
> > That 'mSysAccessStorage' is, I believe, one of the hidden tables used by
> > access.  You can go into the options and view all those system type
> > objects,
> > but not if you can't get into the database.
> >
> > The first thing I'd try to do is holding the shift button down as you open
> > the file.  If it's an unsecured db, then hold down shift when you
> > double-click the file icon.  If it's secured, hold the shift down while
> > you
> > are hitting the 'ok' button right after typing in your password.  If you
> > get
> > in, immediately compact and repair your database (Tools>Database
> > Utilities>Compact and Repair).  Hopefully, that will fix it.
> >
> > If that doesn't work, I'd probably try making a new database and see if
> > you
> > can import all the objects out of the old one.  In a new database, go to
> > 'file', then 'get external data', then 'import'.  Then navigate to
> > wherever
> > your messed up database is and see if it will let you import the objects.
> > If
> > it will, just click on each tab in the window that opens, choose 'select
> > all'
> > and then move to the next tab and select all....until you have all objects
> > on
> > all tabs selected.  You might want to check the 'options' and make sure
> > that
> > the 'import definition and data' is selected, as well as import
> > relationships.  Queries should be imported as queries as well.  That
> > should
> > all be set as default I think.
> >
> > After you have checked the options and selected everything, import it all.
> > If everything works, and your old/broken db was secured, you'll have some
> > things to set back up in the security...
> >
> > Good Luck,
> > CW
> >
> > "Tony Williams" wrote:
> >
> >> I have a database that wont open. When I tried to open it said there was
> >> an
> >> error and did I want to send a message to Microsoft. Access produced a
> >> backup copy as it tried to repair it but the backup wont open and I get a
> >> message that says
> >> Record(s) cannot be read:no read permission on 'MSysAccessStorage'
> >> How do I get my database open?
> >> Thanks
> >> Tony

Message Rules Have Stopped Working
Hello...I am running Outlook XP on Windows XP. A while back, I upgraded to Office 2K3 then later decided to move back to Office XP. Since doing so, my Outlook message rules have ceased to function. They are still listed, but Outlook ignores them like they don't exist. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook to no avail. What can I do to get them working again. Thanks for any advice! ...

Calendar Printing Assistant Error
HI all, When I try to open CPA I get the following error. Cannot connect to Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. Please restart Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and Calendar Printing Assistant. Original Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks Gladys ...

Messages are not sent from the Outbox
Normally messages ready to be sent are in italic and maked with the date to the right. Now all my messages in the Outbox are non-italic and without date and are not sent. I am connected and uses the button Send. What is wrong See if the info here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm "Anders Grimsmo" <anders.grimsmo@ntnu.no> wrote in message news:432493a9$1@news.broadpark.no... > Normally messages ready to be sent are in italic and maked with the date > to the right. Now all my messages in the Outbox are non-italic and without > dat...

Error 0x800C0155,2
Everytime I tried to start up Maillive I get the message with fault code 0x800C0155,2 I have surched on the web but didn't get a good solution for this problem. The solutions of shutting down the virusscanner and using the administrator logging doesn't work for me. I have also updated, reinstalled Maillive but no solution. I"m stilll using Windows XP and didn't change the last days anything on my computer. This fault just suddenly occured after a correct use of the Mail program for more then a year. Is there anyone who has useful solutions for this problem???? ...

Downloading messages
Whenever I go to open an email if it has an attachment it takes ages t open. If I then try to click on another message the whole thing jus freezes as it tries to download the attachment. I also have an IMA account and have recently changed to Windows XP - I never used to hav this problem! Trying to read all my work emails in the morning i taking me half the day! Any ideas please ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Exchange 2003 default message size won't go beyound 10 megs
We are not able to send or receive attachments larger than 10 megs even when the AD settings are cranked up to 50 megs. When the default message size for inbound and outbound are changed to anything abouve 10 megs, the server will still behave as if it is only allowing 10 megs. We get the NDR 5.2.3 kickback email from the Exchange server each time we make a settings change and send out a test email. We have Exchange storage limits in place, but they should not affect the message size. Thanks! -- ITJTR ...

Copies of messages
I have a client with SBS2003 including Exhange Server 2003. The client wants to be able to see all the email being sent to and sent from his employees. Is there a way to have a copy of all incoming emails go to another (the administrator?) mailbox? Is there a way to copy outgoing messages to another mailbox, too? If not, is there another way to accomplish the same thing so that the small business owner can monitor his employees' emails? Thanks, Mark http://www.exchange-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=96 Will http://www.exchange-forums.com "MarkR" <MarkR@discus...

Office errors
Hi: I have Windows2000 Pro with sp2 installed. Also I have Office2000 professional. Recently, my office programms have some problems: 1.Word does not work well but I can open it. 2.Excel doesn't open at all. I've tried to reinstall them, no luck. any suggestions? Thanks a lot! One common solution is to clean up your windows temp folder. For excel: Sometimes, the file that holds the customized toolbar gets corrupted and causes excel heartache when opening. Use Windows start button|Find| and search for *.xlb. You may have to search for hidden files within hidden folders. But...

What is error# 0x80040102, my Domino connector is not reading mail
My calendar & tasks are read by the outlook easily but fails to read mails. It's working for perfect for a collague but fails on me every time. Finally this is the error which is shown by the replicator. ...

Message Body not Visible in Outlook 2003
I have a client that is having an issue with Outlook 2003 where the message bodies are not visible. It appears that most of the messages I have looked at with the problem are HTML, but I'm not sure about that. They do get some messages that are HTML that don't have this problem. The preview pane yields the same blank page. OWA displays the message fine. When the users opts to forward the message the body is displayed in the forwarded message. Anyone have any ideas about this problem? Thanks in advance, Lesa By the way, on the problem users in the network the workstations ar...

Linked Template compatibility error

Reports error #7
Setup: Server A is CRM 4.0 Rollup 2 Server B is SQL 2005 w/SP2 and SSRS connector Server A has two orgs installed: Production and Test. Reports work great on Test, no problems at all. However, on Production reports are met with the following error: The permissions granted to user 'domain\server$' are insufficient for performing this operation. I have not found any solutions for CRM servers that are running multiple tenants. I checked the report server settings on the two orgs and they are indentical. I have also checked the DB settings on the SQL server and they are identic...

Runtime error
I am using a module called TimeToDec to convert a time like: 10:00 Pm to 10 for the purpose of multiplying it with another value to get a dollar amount for hours worked*pay rate=amount owed. This is taking place in a form and as I step through the EmployeeID field, I am getting a: Microsoft Visual Basic RunTime error '94': Invalid use of null. My options are to debug or end. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks Check the underlying data at table level. You probably have null values in the field that TimeToDec uses in some records. TimeToDec probably doesn't know ...

message queues and buffered mouse clicks
Hi, I have a button in an MFC app that executes a lengthy query and I want to disable the button while the query executes. The problem is that mouse clicks over the disabled button are buffered, and are then processed when the button is enabled. Here's my OnBnClickedQueryButton handler. Attempt 1: m_queryButton.EnableWindow(FALSE); ExecuteLengthyQuery(); m_queryButton.EnableWindow(); So I tried to grab the focus away from the button, but this attempt didn�t work either. Attempt 2: SetFocus(); SetCapture(); m_queryButton.EnableWindow(FALSE); ExecuteLengthyQuery(); m_queryBut...

error code #2
I'm having a hard time sending & receiving. the "Outlook Send/Receive Progress" window pops up it says "0 of 2 Tasks have completed successfully" Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to ...

Deleting rows when cell has "#DIV/0!" error
Hi, I'm currently using this code to delete rows with balnk cells. However, i have changes the formatting of my sheet and the cells are no longer blank they have the "#DIV/0!" error. How can I delete the entire row when the cell in column D has that value? Sub DeleteRowsIfDIsBlank() With payrollsht Dim rg As Range, rgBlank As Range Set rg = Cells.Range("D:D") On Error Resume Next Set rgBlank = rg.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks) On Error GoTo 0 If rgBlank Is Nothing Then Else rgBlank...

Send okay but can't receive email messages?
I can send email msgs but not receive. I get the error msg: popmailyahoo.com receiving reported error (0X800CCCF). I have no idea what this means. It was working fine 2 days ago. I'm using Microsoft Off9ice outlook 2003 SP3. You have a not specified the correct POP3 server for Yahoo. In your account settings, change the POP3 server address to; pop.mail.yahoo.com Depending on your account, you might even need to change it to; plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, ...

spam messages
how did some spam messages entered in all the microsoft.com newsgroups "msn newsgroups" wrote > how did some spam messages entered in all the > microsoft.com newsgroups Just like you posted your message, but to multiple groups. ...

Error Msg
Hi When I drop the table through query or enterprise manager in sql server 2000 it gives the following error “Server: Msg 7105, Level 22, State 3, Line 1 Page (1:1424), slot 0 for text, ntext, or image node does not exist. Connection Broken” There is no column with the data type text, ntext or image is in table and no foreign key only a composite primary key is on the table. But data in the table can be modified, deleted or modified. Dbcc checkdb also raises error “Server: Msg 8929, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Object ID 2: Errors found in text ID 2655486279680 owned by dat...

http error 501
Hy everybody, I would like to ask if someone has any clue about my problem. When I'm triing to create new public folder I'll ger the error mentioned in subject. This problem is discused in Article ID 839744, but it doesn't help:-( If someone knows something please share your knowledge. Thank You very much. ...

Error 2147217871 (80040e31)
We are getting timeout error 2147217871 (80040e31) - we have been running for several months on 2.0 and all of a sudden we are getting this. We were thinking our computer was dying so we moved our database to another computer, but we are still getting this error every few days. It locks up the system for about 10 minutes - it's a nightmare. I found a KB article (897881) that describes a Query that may clear it up - just wanted to know if this KB article would apply in my case - it say's it's for version 1.2. Also, on some of the networked computers - if I close Manager a...

How do I save multiple messages as text file?
When I select multiple messages -> file -> save as text file. Only the headers of the messages are saved and not the bodies. In Outlook 2003, how do I save the bodies also? Thanks. ...

Outlook 2000 Error Message #4
When I attempt to open my inbox I get the following error message. Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The Exchange Server has detected that you are using an old copy of your OST file. Please delete your OST file and create a new one from the server. Do a search on your C:\ drive for *.ost, rename outlook.ost to outlook.001. When you open Outlook, a new *.ost file will be created. >-----Original Message----- >When I attempt to open my inbox I get the following error >message. >Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not >...

i get a message that says outlook addins are missing-syntax prob
Wehn I open outlook I get a series of pop-up messages that say various extension configuration files cannot be opened. They all seem to be add-ins-it goes on to say that there is an error or format prob in the syntax of the files. I am having a general prob with outlook-if I try to add items to calendar they cannot be saved-says low memory or system resources. But lots of memory available bilbobo <bilbobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Wehn I open outlook I get a series of pop-up messages that say various > extension configuration files cannot be opened. They all seem ...

"Could not open item. Try again" error message when adding a category to a mail
Hi all, We're using a shared mailbox for our support team. Each of us has a specific color (category) and we mark all incoming mail with our color to have a quick view of which mail are handled or not. In some cases (randomly, mostly when we are at the office, rarely during the night when nobody works) we get the "Could not open item. Try again" error message when we click on the category box next to the message in the message list. In this case, when we open the mail and add the catetgory then escape, it works just fine... So we can add the category, but sometimes we h...