What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?

Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should
be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly
basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an
otherwise empty test database?

The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003
runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs.

I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available
Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can
display digital colour photographs without any problem and no other
application appears to be having the missing colour issues I am having with
Access. I connected the laptop to an external monitor but this made no
difference.

I have applied the latest ATI Mobility Radeon X300 video driver update from
the Dell website. I also tried to apply an ATI BIOS update but hit a
'Resources files missing' error message. I doubt if this is relevant to my
problem, but have raised it on the Dell video forum.

I'm at a total loss on this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

0
David
1/20/2008 4:52:11 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute everytime I compose or respond to a message
In OWA, Every time I try to compose or respond to a message, the Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute and asks for the CD. Unfortunately, this Office 2000 problem has come up again even after all the updates to Office 2000. Also I am having trouble logging out. When I hit the logoff button, it brings up a sign-in screen asking for ID & password again. Whether I cancel it or fill it in and type OK, it then gives me a screen that says "access denied". I never get a screen which says that logout was successful. I have the same problem here... From what I've s...

help about accessing deleted items
Hi, would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids from outlook. which tool r tech should i use to solve this problem . if there is any sample code to access the deleted items ids from outlook will be great help for me to understand. thanx in advance . Best Regards __ Are you trying to retrieve deleted items? Are you using an Exchange server in your environment? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "aatif.amin@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids fr...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Excel not Access

upgrade from mac office to pc?

data input in text box

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

can't customize toolbar

Outlook 2003

displaying colors in an mfc application
Hi everyone, I'm working on an MFC application. The application is a treeview in which are represented some objects (persons, roles....). I have declared some bitmaps in the visual project to represent these objects. My problem is that some colors of the bitmaps are not displayed. I guess there is a palette problem or something like that. Does anybody have an idea of what the problem is? Thanks a lot for your help.... Fred Try using ILC_COLOR24 | ILC_MASK when you create your imagelist. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fred" <fred@laposte.net> wrot...

transferring to new pc