want to link specific records in access to cells in excel

I have a database of client information that I would like to export into
excel spreadsheets for different purposes, ie; I need to track utilization of
service, create transportation schedules, and track service plan dates in
seperate workbooks. So, what I am hoping I could do is link a group of
records (LName, FName, ID and Available Hours) to a section of the
predesigned worksheet limited by the entry in another record related to the
entry (Service Type). Basically running an if/then fuction based on
information from the access records (if record "x" equals "PRG" then enter
records "a,b,c" into cell "b4,b5,b6"...is this even possible????

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

Excel 2007

Splitting a cell???
I have a long list of data combined in once column by cell. The data in each cell includes a phone number and address. I would like to split that data into two different cells. Is this possible and if so how? The data looks like this: (555) 555-5555 999 Broadway, Apt A etc. etc.. etc... Any advise? Brw Try <Data> <TextToColumns> Check "FixedWidth", <Next> Read the directions to move the break line to the end of the phone numbers and eliminate any others, Then <Finish> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corr...

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

How to recover if a user "Undoes" a record?
When the AfterUpdate event of my Status field is triggered, I update several other tables with dependent data. What happens if someone hits ESC twice to Undo the record? Is there some way I can know that this happened? Then I could roll back any updates. Btw, the Form_AfterUpdate event doesn't seem applicable since one of the things I do is set a DateCompleted field on the form itself. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome. You could trap the keystrokes, but it might be a better idea to use the AfterUpdate event of the form itself to update the other tables. That event only ...

Locked records
I am having a bit of an annoying problem with my Access application. The data is held on a SQL 2000 server with Access front-end. I have a form (Form A) used for editing records, this form is launched from a command button on another form (Form B) and filters to a sepcific records on Form A dependant on the record in Form B. Nothing special here I use this technique all over this application. Form A opens up and displays the record I want but when ever I make a change and try to exit the form or save the record I get the following message: "The record has been changed by another user...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

move cell contents

Before Update on record select

help with simple maths in excel

Compare records in a query then write equation??
Hi all, i have a problem and i need help, the case is as follows: the default rule is that i have 4 fields, (Date, Team, Score). each team is allowed to have one score per day but sometimes it can have 2 scores per day, when this is the case i wanna multiply each score by a certain number and have one score instead of 2 scores (similar to average but not average). So, i need to have a condition which compares records, and if this is the case, formulates this equation and gives me one score instead of 2 scores. Please help SELECT Team, [Date], Sum(Score)/Count(Score) * IIF(Count(Score) =1,1,S...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Opening Excel Workbooks

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

How do I use traffic lights in excel