Vista Security Warning on Access 2007 deploy

I have tried designating a folder in the trust center but it doesnt seem to
follow the deployed package.  Hoe can I avoid having Vista pop up with the
"security Warning" when opening my A2007 app?

Any help appreciated.

p.s.  Man this transition to A2007 is "biting" me.

Ray
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

This doesn't relate to Access but to Windows Vista. You have to change the
UAC -settings in windows. In the help from win vista type UAC (user account
control).

take a look here:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/0d75f774-8514-4c9e-ac08-4c21f5c6c2d91033.mspx?mfr=true

hth
--
Maurice Ausum

"Ray" wrote:

> I have tried designating a folder in the trust center but it doesnt seem to
> follow the deployed package.  Hoe can I avoid having Vista pop up with the
> "security Warning" when opening my A2007 app?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> p.s.  Man this transition to A2007 is "biting" me.
>
> Ray
Well, I guess that it probably is a Vista thing .. BUT .. how can every user
of your app be expected to know how to go through all these steps to avaid
this annoying message every time the app is opened.?

I tried to create a digital certificate which they could say "always trust"
but that just created an ACCDC file that asked to be extracted when run.
More complications.

All I want to do is be able to deploy an app that will run without the user
having to have an MCSE first.

Is this even possible with A2007?  Can I create a registry key on the
destination computer that will allow my app to seem "trusted"

Any help appreciated.

Ray

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> сообщил(а) в новостях
> I have tried designating a folder in the trust center but it doesnt seem
> follow the deployed package.  Hoe can I avoid having Vista pop up with the
> "security Warning" when opening my A2007 app?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> p.s.  Man this transition to A2007 is "biting" me.
>
> Ray

0
viktor
3/17/2008 1:31:33 AM
Hi Ray,

I know what you're getting at but that's just the point. Try running your
app on a machine which has the UAC control disabled and see if it works as
you would expect it. The UAC is not related to Access but it will ask the
user for permission for whatever executable is run so even if Norton wants to
get updates Vista needs permission first. Digitally signing is a good thing
but won't stop UAC.
--
Maurice Ausum

"Ray" wrote:

> Well, I guess that it probably is a Vista thing .. BUT .. how can every user
> of your app be expected to know how to go through all these steps to avaid
> this annoying message every time the app is opened.?
>
> I tried to create a digital certificate which they could say "always trust"
> but that just created an ACCDC file that asked to be extracted when run.
> More complications.
>
> All I want to do is be able to deploy an app that will run without the user
> having to have an MCSE first.
>
> Is this even possible with A2007?  Can I create a registry key on the
> destination computer that will allow my app to seem "trusted"
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Ray
>
> "Maurice" wrote:
>
> > This doesn't relate to Access but to Windows Vista. You have to change the
> > UAC -settings in windows. In the help from win vista type UAC (user account
> > control).
> >
> > take a look here:
> >
> > http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/0d75f774-8514-4c9e-ac08-4c21f5c6c2d91033.mspx?mfr=true
> >
> > hth
> > --
> > Maurice Ausum
> >

> > "Ray" wrote:
> >
> > > I have tried designating a folder in the trust center but it doesnt seem to
> > > follow the deployed package.  Hoe can I avoid having Vista pop up with the
> > > "security Warning" when opening my A2007 app?
> > >
> > > Any help appreciated.
> > >
> > > p.s.  Man this transition to A2007 is "biting" me.
> > >
> > > Ray

Email address book security
Thanks for reading this postig. I'm running Outlook 2003 and have recently experienced a new prompt popping when I compose a new email. The prompt says - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected it may be a virus etc..... Allow access for xx minutes It seemed to conicide with loading the latest release of Adobe Acrobat 6. I've disabled all the Adobe tool bars etc in Outlook in attempt to stop this. Does anyone else experience this? I would to completely turn this off. Is there a reg key that will...

OWA, access meeting types
Hello: We are looking for a way to modify meeting labels (the color of the meeting entry in the Outlook Calendar) in Outlook Web Access. We have been looking around for 3rd party products that may support this, but so far we have not found anything. Does anybody know of any products, that will give users access to the "label" attribute for meetings in Outlook Web Access? Thanks in advance.... -- Chris ...

Excel front ends to Access Database
We are in the process of converting all our old 95 databases and I have one with excel front ends. Upon converting the DB to Access 2000 and reentering the Excel front end the DB is unrecognized. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

general.vista
I was subscribed to a general.vista newsgroup, but it disappeared. This is the only other microsoft newsgroup I am subscribed. Where can I ask questions about vista? emf -- It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation https://files.nyu.edu/emf202/public/bd/itaintmebabe.html Microsoft is closing down their Usenet server. All groups will be closed by sometime in October, but that only applies to the msnews server. If you want to continue to use MS groups on Usenet, most other servers still carry them. It's like a shared bulletin board. The Microsoft copy ...

Sending files from Vista
Windows mail is my default mail client. But if I right click on a data or picture file from my desktop or other areas it wants to send it with Outlook instead of Windows Mail. What settings do I have to change to get windows mail to do all my mail sending in this manner? "Stumped" <Stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C240124-48D3-4EAB-B63B-8A0B20505905@microsoft.com... > Windows mail is my default mail client. But if I right click on a data or > picture file from my desktop or other areas it wants to send it with > Outlook >...

How stop duplicate fields when creating a Report in Access?
no metter what method I use to create the report - it throws double fields into the report. You manually delete one of each and proceed and it continues to add double fields. We did not have this issue in 2003 version. WHat is the problem and how do we fix it? Are you talking about the record source (a query) for the report listing fields twice? If so, check the underlying query and see if it has an asterisk (return all fields) in SELECT clause of the query. It is a property of queries in design view (Output all fields). Set this to No to eliminate the fields showing ...

Menu Maker and Excel 2007
Hi all I see that John Walkenbach's Menu Maker doesn't require much modification to work with the QAT. Is there a similar method for building a custom Ribbon tab or group? Thanks in advance Paul Martin Melbourne, Australia Hi, Check out Mike's menu builder for 2007. http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/freeware.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Paul Martin" <melbournefilm@gmail.com> wrote in message news:40c5f73c-9e78-43f5-b4fd-d3f84097837c@f20g2000vbl.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > &...

Excel 2007 sorting bug?
If an Excel 2007 sheet (#1) has formula referenced cells to another sheet (#2), and if the column in sheet (#2) containing the referenced cells is then A-Z sorted on the value then the original references in sheet #1 get lost as they are now pointing to different cells. Is this an Excel 2007 bug? Why after the sort does the relative position not move so keeping the correct references?. I have not used $ in the cell address. Beemer No, this is not a bug. If you have cells on Sheet1 pointing to other cells on Sheet2 with a direct reference like =Sheet2!B1, then if you change the c...

Drag Email into Access Form
As a way of monortoing Email useage i would like to be able to drag an email from Outlook into a memo field on an access form. Currently it only drags the header, how do i get the body of the email message dragged across as well? ...

Microsoft Access Tables and Forms
I have made up a table and then created a form from it. The table does not reflect the changes made in the form. I have done everything that I can think of in order to make this work (input info, go to next record, close form), but table still will not update. I want to create reports, but I have no totals showing up, because they will not show in the table. Desperately in need of HELP!!! Helen Helen In a standard Access design, you create a table, (optionally, you create a query based on the table), you create a form bound to the table (optionally, to the query). When you open the for...

Need immediate help with Access to Outlook Please
This is my 3rd request.... Please, thank you.... I went through a windows update and was asked to reboot which I did. I had Outlook open and closed it before rebooting - it was opened to contacts. when I tried to access Outlook I got an error message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. the file is either not accessible or not a personal address book. choose retry to access your personal address book, or choose cancel to not open your personal address book with this application." I have no other application to open this address book with! my contac...

Warning 1025 on exchange 2003 enterprise server
Hi Just today I saw a warning showing up in application log of my exchange server. I have exchange 2003 enterprise server with sp1. It is running on a dual processor server with storage connected to it. Since the upgrade from 5.5 (a month back) everything has been going very smooth. I tried to find a solution for this warning on Microsoft KB and eventid.net but cannot find the real cause/solution for 2003 exchange as all those Kbs are for 2000 or 5.5 exchange. The error exactly looks like this: Source: MSExchnageIS mailbox, Type: warning, category: general, eventid: 1025 An error occurred on...

software update problem in $2007 H&B
I've installed Money 2007 H&B and my location is China.Then every time I launched the program,it says something like "To operate correctly,click 'ok' to let Money download the software update." But if I click 'OK',after it download autoupdate.dll(.cab) and autoupdate.xml,it alarms "A software update is already in progress.Please try again when the update is complete." How can I solve the problem ? By the way , can i download the software update manually? I'm having the same problem, and i cannot find the update on microsoft's website...

sending email in outlook 2007 is not working
sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has something to do with the setup. What happens and what does the error message say -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "matt" <matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9819497-A904-4827-8A8B-CFFB88E08B16@microsoft.com... > sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has > something to do with the setup. > ...

Excel 2007 ERROR MSGS
I am using the Trial Office 2007. I have no problems with the other programs, but when I open Excel 2007 I get the following msg: MS Visual Basic Compile Error in Hiidden Module: AutoExecNew When I try to close the program I get this error: MS Visual Basic Compile Error in Hidden Module: DistMon Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it? Thank you. Google is your friend http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en___US219&q=autoexecnew http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en__...

Installing Office 2007 and keep getting earlier fersion error
I have tried the uninstall utility in Windows XP for a trial version of Office 2003. The install of Office 2007 keeps telling me the 2003 version is still there. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040201090908050807090708 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit How long has it been since you installed Office 2003 "Trial Version"? Also please confirm that YOU REALLY MEAN OFFICE 2003 and not Office 2007. These are two different products doing almost identical things like writing a letter to ...

how to make pst file to be accessible from CD/DVD?
hi any one have idea? thanks > any one have idea? You can't. Full read and write access to the PST is needed. -- -f.h. ...

Project 2007 PWA + Outlook 2003 = CRASH
We have MS Project 2007 SP1 with MS Outlook SP3. Periodically when we synch outlook, it crashes outlook and / or IE 6. Can not find definative information on how to fix.... Please advise. Thanks -- Thank you George E. Haney III, PMP, MCP George, There are usually some basic things to try first, and you don't mention anything that you may have tried, such as re-installing to repair the installation of the applications. If that's not helpful, you might post back with more information, such as other Office applications you might be using in conjunction, wha...

Access CRM database from Access
Is it feasible to access my CRM database from an access frontend with linked tables? I created a new ODBC connection and found a CRM filtered view but that is read only. I would strongly suggest that you not try to update CRM data through any interface other than CRM -- Web or Outlook Client. You're just asking for trouble, because of the interconnectedness of the tables, views, and security. "Pat Horridge" wrote: > Is it feasible to access my CRM database from an access frontend with linked > tables? > I created a new ODBC connection and found a CRM filtere...

Vista Windows Email Problem -Windows Security Popup
Hello, I can't get into my Vista Windows EMail because a Windows Security Login popup keeps asking to verify that my username and password are correct for the server. I've verified with Verizon that all of the server info is correct and that the problem is on my computer. The solutions I've seen are to delete this email account and start over. I'm willing to do that, however, I need to save some of the emails that are in this account. How do I do that before I delete the account? I can't forward any emails. Can I somehow save them to my hard drive and retriev...

Access 2003 and Excel 2003
Is there anyway of installing the Excel Object library in Access 2003 without actually installing Excel. Or is there anyway of deleteing Excel and leaving the library in place. The reason for my question is I have developed an Access application which runs on 50 plus pcs. The application included Excel reporting. Unfortunately we have 50 Access licenses and only 10 Excel licenses. Those pcs without an Excel license run the same application but wont be reporting in Excel. But without the library, which only seems to be in place with Excel installed, the application will not compile. ANY hel...

Any website to test the online security for e-shop?
Does anyone have any suggestions on any website to test the online security for any e-shop? I would like to test www.i-access.com and know whether this site can be trusted or not? Does anyone have any suggestions/ Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric SiteAdvisor.com is a user rated service. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE70D95C-24AD-4A52-8E2D-32557F5C7D0D@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have any suggestions on any website to test the online > security > for any e-shop? I would like to test www.i-access.com and kno...

ESM security rights inheritance
Hi, I'm having some difficulty trying to remove a security right which has been defined by error. When I open ESM (ex2k3) and take properties at the top level, it says the security setting (that I want to delete) is inherited from parent. Where can I find this parent? How should I remove this right? I have administrator (from local pc) and a individual user in there and I want them out of the security settings. regards david When you say 'top level' what do you mean? At the Exchange Org level or at the server level? "David De Smet" <administrator@mebuma...

Vista & Access 97
Hello All I Have aproplem that in a certain PC which works under windows vista the access 97 is corrupted when you run any access applcation, the same application is worked truly in other windows systems (xp,98,...) can any one help us thanks hi, Developer wrote: > I Have aproplem that in a certain PC which works under windows vista the > access 97 is corrupted when you run any access applcation, the same > application is worked truly in other windows systems (xp,98,...) can any one > help us Where is your .mdb located? Using offline-folders is a known problem under so...

Developer 2007
I have the following ... Microsoft Office Access 2007 Microsoft Office Access Developer Extension 2007 Microsoft Office Access Runtime 2007 My Question is : 1- I cant see Microsoft Office Access Developer Extension 2007 and Microsoft Office Access Runtime 2007 in Microsoft Office Access 2007 . 2- is there any lesson explain how to use developer extension 2007 and access runtime 2007 2- How can I make exe file using Microsoft Office Access Runtime 2007 Notes: I have only Microsoft Office Access 2007 on my computer Did you not bother following the link I gave you when I answered this quest...