Vista, MS Access 2003 and MS ADO Ext 6.0 vs 2.x

I am running into an issue with MS Access 2003 installed on Vista.
Apparantly in the MS ADO Ext 6.0 version either (format, round, or
sum) is not in that DLL.  However, when I link to v2.8 of the DLL, I
don't have an issue.

I am getting the following error message when running my query.
"Function is not available in expressions in query expressions."

Does anyone have other workarounds?  I am distributing this
application in an MDE format, so I was wondering if the end users may
experience issues, if I link to my version of msadox.dll instead of
the installed version.  I tried several different ways of deleting the
msadox.dll and replacing it with the 2003 version but wasn't
successful.

0
genekim96
6/14/2007 9:21:42 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

ttt

Hopefully someone has run into this.  You would run into this if you
are using Vista and Access 2003 and distributing to XP computers.

thanks in advance...

0
genekim96
6/18/2007 8:49:56 PM
If I understand you correctly, you're developing in Vista/A2003 and
distributing to users with XP/A2003? The only reliable solution I've found
is using Virtual PC (or any other virtual pc software you prefer) to keep a
"computer" with the lowest common denominator system. You can run XP/A2003
in the virtual machine, and use that to adjust the references before
distributing the database. I still have a Windows NT/Access 97 virtual
machine for that purpose. Virtual PC is free if that helps. You need enough
RAM in your computer to dedicate 512-1024 MB to the virtual machine while
it's running.
Paul Shapiro

<genekim96@gmail.com> wrote in message
> ttt
>
> Hopefully someone has run into this.  You would run into this if you
> are using Vista and Access 2003 and distributing to XP computers.
>
> thanks in advance...

0
Paul
6/18/2007 11:35:39 PM
Paul,

Thanks for the response.  I am in the process of trying to setup
Virtual PC.  Any suggestions on disk space to devote to a XP/A2003
virtual PC?  I saw recommendations of 2GB -- is that sufficient.
Also, You are saying 512-1024 MB of memory.  Virtual PC is saying
128MB is recommended.  I guess in your experience 128 is way too
little?
thanks again..
-gene

On Jun 18, 6:35 pm, "Paul Shapiro" <p...@hideme.broadwayData.com>
wrote:
> If I understand you correctly, you're developing in Vista/A2003 and
> distributing to users with XP/A2003? The only reliable solution I've found
> is using Virtual PC (or any other virtual pc software you prefer) to keep a
> "computer" with the lowest common denominator system. You can run XP/A2003
> in the virtual machine, and use that to adjust the references before
> distributing the database. I still have a Windows NT/Access 97 virtual
> machine for that purpose. Virtual PC is free if that helps. You need enough
> RAM in your computer to dedicate 512-1024 MB to the virtual machine while
> it's running.
> Paul Shapiro
>
> <geneki...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > ttt
>
> > Hopefully someone has run into this.  You would run into this if you
> > are using Vista and Access 2003 and distributing to XP computers.
>
> > thanks in advance...- Hide quoted text -

genekim96
6/20/2007 3:35:15 AM
A virtual machine needs the same resource levels as a real machine. I don't
think you can install XP and A2003 in 2 GB disk space. I setup a Vista/A2007
virtual PC recently and I assigned 40 GB to the virtual disk. It doesn't use
the full space, that's an upper limit. At the moment that virtual disk file
is 14 GB. So I would go with at least 30 GB as the specified size. If you
have a 2nd disk drive, that's a good place for the virtual machine. For RAM,
I don't remember XP's minimum, but I wouldn't specify any less than 512 MB
for a real machine, usually 1 GB, so I'd aim for at least 512 MB on the
virtual machine. You'll need to have enough memory that your real machine
isn't starved for RAM by the virtual machine allocation.

There's a microsoft.public.virtualpc newsgroup which often has useful info
and pointers to FAQ's. One important thing to remember is to add the Virtual
Machine Additions after you have the OS setup in the virtual pc. That adds a
few nice features, like better mouse control between the real and virtual
machines, drag-and-drop for moving files, and most especially can offer
substantial performance improvements to the virtual machine.

> Paul,
>
> Thanks for the response.  I am in the process of trying to setup
> Virtual PC.  Any suggestions on disk space to devote to a XP/A2003
> virtual PC?  I saw recommendations of 2GB -- is that sufficient.
> Also, You are saying 512-1024 MB of memory.  Virtual PC is saying
> 128MB is recommended.  I guess in your experience 128 is way too
> little?
> thanks again..
> -gene
>

> On Jun 18, 6:35 pm, "Paul Shapiro" <p...@hideme.broadwayData.com>
> wrote:
>> If I understand you correctly, you're developing in Vista/A2003 and
>> distributing to users with XP/A2003? The only reliable solution I've
>> found
>> is using Virtual PC (or any other virtual pc software you prefer) to keep
>> "computer" with the lowest common denominator system. You can run
>> XP/A2003
>> in the virtual machine, and use that to adjust the references before
>> distributing the database. I still have a Windows NT/Access 97 virtual
>> machine for that purpose. Virtual PC is free if that helps. You need
>> enough
>> RAM in your computer to dedicate 512-1024 MB to the virtual machine while
>> it's running.
>> Paul Shapiro
>>
>> <geneki...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > ttt
>>
>> > Hopefully someone has run into this.  You would run into this if you
>> > are using Vista and Access 2003 and distributing to XP computers.

0
Paul
6/20/2007 10:29:56 AM
Thanks Paul for the helpful pointers..  I will have to find a balance
for my laptop between hard drive space and memory!

On Jun 20, 5:29 am, "Paul Shapiro" <p...@hideme.broadwayData.com>
wrote:
> A virtual machine needs the same resource levels as a real machine. I don't
> think you can install XP and A2003 in 2 GB disk space. I setup a Vista/A2007
> virtual PC recently and I assigned 40 GB to the virtual disk. It doesn't use
> the full space, that's an upper limit. At the moment that virtual disk file
> is 14 GB. So I would go with at least 30 GB as the specified size. If you
> have a 2nd disk drive, that's a good place for the virtual machine. For RAM,
> I don't remember XP's minimum, but I wouldn't specify any less than 512 MB
> for a real machine, usually 1 GB, so I'd aim for at least 512 MB on the
> virtual machine. You'll need to have enough memory that your real machine
> isn't starved for RAM by the virtual machine allocation.
>
> There's a microsoft.public.virtualpc newsgroup which often has useful info
> and pointers to FAQ's. One important thing to remember is to add the Virtual
> Machine Additions after you have the OS setup in the virtual pc. That adds a
> few nice features, like better mouse control between the real and virtual
> machines, drag-and-drop for moving files, and most especially can offer
> substantial performance improvements to the virtual machine.
>
> <geneki...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Paul,
>
> > Thanks for the response.  I am in the process of trying to setup
> > Virtual PC.  Any suggestions on disk space to devote to a XP/A2003
> > virtual PC?  I saw recommendations of 2GB -- is that sufficient.
> > Also, You are saying 512-1024 MB of memory.  Virtual PC is saying
> > 128MB is recommended.  I guess in your experience 128 is way too
> > little?
> > thanks again..
> > -gene
>
> > On Jun 18, 6:35 pm, "Paul Shapiro" <p...@hideme.broadwayData.com>
> > wrote:
> >> If I understand you correctly, you're developing in Vista/A2003 and
> >> distributing to users with XP/A2003? The only reliable solution I've
> >> found
> >> is using Virtual PC (or any other virtual pc software you prefer) to keep
> >> "computer" with the lowest common denominator system. You can run
> >> XP/A2003
> >> in the virtual machine, and use that to adjust the references before
> >> distributing the database. I still have a Windows NT/Access 97 virtual
> >> machine for that purpose. Virtual PC is free if that helps. You need
> >> enough
> >> RAM in your computer to dedicate 512-1024 MB to the virtual machine while
> >> it's running.
> >> Paul Shapiro
>
> >> <geneki...@gmail.com> wrote in message

genekim96

help about accessing deleted items
Hi, would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids from outlook. which tool r tech should i use to solve this problem . if there is any sample code to access the deleted items ids from outlook will be great help for me to understand. thanx in advance . Best Regards __ Are you trying to retrieve deleted items? Are you using an Exchange server in your environment? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "aatif.amin@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids fr...

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2