Vista Access 2003 & Ole

I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a =
different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last =
update a few weeks ago on my XP.

Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't =
use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon.
How do I get the create from file to work again ?
--=20
keepout
4/8/2007 8:11:22 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Microsoft Money 2003
I have been using Microsoft Money 2003 almost every day for years without problem until this weekend. Like others, I was locked out of my file and receive the message: “The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file.” I have tried restoring from the backup, but this gave the same error. I have tried the procedure suggested at: Article ID: 902466 but this requires a password to repair the file and so is useless in this case. I have tried everything at: Article ID: 891338 without success. I see that back in 2004, PC World published an article about when all users ...

Remote Access to Web Client???
Are there any options for Remote Access to the Web Client? other than terminal services. ...

Newbie question about Ex 2003
Hi to the Gurus amongst you, sorry about the length of this but I feel the need to fill you in with the scenario before I ask the questions. I have just got a new job with a global company. I used to work at a school before with two domains and about 800 users. I have installed and maintained Exchange 2002 at the school. The new company wants to get better organised with their e-mail. They are not running any form of Exchange, they have Linux servers with their own portal and a couple or three W2k servers (Don't know yet which service packs are installed). They are using Outlook...

Outlook 2003 01-22-04
Is Outlook 2003 supported with CRM 1.2? I can't find that it's not, but I'm using 2002 and am not having any problems. Another user here is using 2003 and he gets one error after another (when trying to promote email, trying to create an appointment, etc...). Outlook 2003 is supported with CRM 1.2. Matt On 22 Jan 2004 06:36:40 -0800, klawson@aetinc.com (KBLawson) wrote: >Is Outlook 2003 supported with CRM 1.2? I can't find that it's not, >but I'm using 2002 and am not having any problems. Another user here >is using 2003 and he gets one error after anot...

link Access workbook to Excel workbook
Can I link information from an Excel worksheet to an Access worksheet? Hello, In Access, clic on File menu, External data, link tables and follow each step. You'll have to define first row as heading label and that's it. regards "Toinett" wrote: > Can I link information from an Excel worksheet to an Access worksheet? ...

Moving email folders, accounts, rules etc from Outlook 2003 to 200
Please would you be willing to help me [a raw beginner] to retrieve email folders, the emails in the folders, accounts, rules etc from harddrive with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP, and move them successfully to new laptop with Outlook 2007 [Windows 7]. So far I have 1. searched for all pst files on old harddrive and copied all of them to memory stick using another XP laptop. Could not successfully do with the new laptop due to "access" issues. 2. imported pst files to outlook 2007--contacts folders arrived, calendar arrived, some of inbox, some of deleted, some of sen...

12-24 hour delay in receiving messages in Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 appears to be holding my incoming message for a few hours before delivering them to my mailbox. Here are the details: When I first open Outlook 2003 in the morning, I get all my overnight email. I will then get a couple of email messages during the day, but not all. When I go to another machine at 5 pm, I find messages that were sent to me, for instance at 1 pm, but which Outlook 2003 had not delivered to me on the first machine by 4:30 pm. On the first machine, if I use Outlook Express, all my messages come to me immediately, so it seems like it is an Outlook 2003 ...

Outlook 2007 Keeps Prompting for Password (Exchange 2003)
Sorry if this post came through twice. ***** Friend, I'm using Outlook 2007 to connect to Exchange 2003. Everything is working well for the most part but for some reason Outlook periodically asks me for my username/password. The problem persists even when I click the "remember username/password" checkbox. I don't understand why this is happening. Outlook and Exchange are both on the same LAN so it's not like I'm losing my connection or anything. What's causing this? It usually happens if Outlook has been open but inactive for a while and I try to do something l...

Chart labels do not print in 2003
My spread has several sheets and two of these have eight graphs on each - all sized to fit on one A4 page per sheet. Since i have upgraded to Excel 2003 from 2000, some chart titles no longer print. I have upgraded my printer drivers and also tried this on other Excel 2003 machines, and they have the same problem. However, if i go back to an Excel 2000 machine it prints fine. The report is distributed to users of both versions. Any ideas how to fix this? I don't really have a guess. Have you tried it on different printers (if you have them available)? If you create a small test work...

How to access a category name and code from vbscript
I am modifying the lineitem.html for the status bar in Store operation. I want to ask how can i access the category name and code for each item, i only can find a categoryid function, which is in the TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, but can not access the name and code for the category Raemond, You will need to retrieve the name and code via SQL using the ID: resultSet=QSRules.OpenRecordset("SELECT Name, Code FROM Category WHERE ID=" & TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, true) - Evan Culver New West Technologies Raemond wrote: > I am modifying the lineitem.html for t...

OWA Access Is Denied for Win2k Users on internet
Dear kind MVPs, Sorry for cross posting and the length.. but i am desperate for the solution. Heres the setup. one Win2k Server (DC) , One Win2k3 Server (DC+Exchange2k3), One server with Reverse-Proxy configured to direct all HTTP requests to the Exchange Server (working OK ). Assume my exchange server name is MyServer and Proxy Server is MyProxyServer and domain is MyDomain - names assumed for clarity otherwise valid IPs are used. I am able to login using http://MyServer/exchange interanlly ( XP + Win2k ) http://MyProxyServer/exchange from XP clients from internet but not from http://My...

Outlook 2003 messages with attachments hang
When I open an email with an attachment in Outlook 2003 Symantec will scan the attachment and Outlook will wait for 30 seconds before trying to open it again. I want the messages scanned, but it doesn't take 30 seconds to do so. My outlook 2000 clients do not have this problem and their attachments are scanned. Can I configure Outlook to wait 1 to 2 seconds before trying again? >-----Original Message----- >When I open an email with an attachment in Outlook 2003 >Symantec will scan the attachment and Outlook will wait >for 30 seconds before trying to open it again. ...

Outlook 2003 Cached Mode
When using Outlook 2003 in cached mode with Exchange, changes to the Outlook Address Book are not updated. If a user is added, removed, or changed in the address book, that change is not reflected in the Outlook 2003 client. Doing a manual Send/Receive/Download Address Book/Full Details does not work. The only thing I have found that works is to remove all the *.OAB files from the user profile. ...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

Print Item Number Ole object on Sales Order Processing reports
Would like the ability to print an Item Number Ole object on my SOP reports. For example, go to Transactions, Sales, Sales Transaction Entry. In the Sales Transaction Entry window, enter an Order for an Item. Click the Item Number Note button. Once you are in the Note window, click the paperclip button to add an Ole Object. In the OLE Container window, click Edit, and then click Insert New Object. In the next widow click Create from File. This is where you will attach an existing object (such as an image or text file). Close the window and save your changes. Click Attach to atta...

What ODBC Driver for XL 2003?
Hi there, can anyone tell me if there are updated ODBC drivers for XL 2003? The reason that I ask is because when I set up a data source that points to an .XLS file, you can only select up to Excel 2000. When I view the spreadsheet in MS Query, some of the cells that contain data in the spreadsheet are blank. I don't know what installed MDAC and the drivers. Either SQL Server 2000, Visual Studio 6, VS .Net 2003 or MS Office 2003. The driver version is 4.00.6019.00. "Gorge Bush" wrote ... Unfortunate name. > can anyone tell me if there are updated ODBC ...

Receipt print strange characters on Vista
Hi All, We run Vista business with RMS. The receipt printer is an Epson TM88 clone and on both printers it randomly prints strange characters all over the receipt. It sometimes come up with an error 'unknown error - retry or cancel' but not always. We have never had any problems on XP so I don't know if this is Vista related or not. The supplier of the printer suggested we download the latest OPOS drivers which we have done without success. Has anyone else seen or had this problem? Thanks Matt ...

I have recently bought a new computer with Vista Home Premium, but my Publisher 2003 will not load as it states there is no Windows XP or 2000 running. Quite right, but do I really have to buy the 2007 version? As a UK charity we have bought the Student 2007 office version - is there a student version of Publisher 2007? -- Mark Ward Senior User Try installing in safe mode. Do you get an error other than there is no XP or 2000. Publisher 2003 should install on Vista. List of system requirements for Microsoft Office 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822129/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT ...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

How do I Remove a Split from my Comments in Excel 2003?
I have set my current workbook to split/freeze the first column and first 2 rows. Now, when I add a comment to the second row (in any column) my comments are cut off if I should scroll down. I don't ever remember the behavior before. And I don't know what I've done to enable it but it's really annoying. How do turn this off. Instead of Window>Split try selecting B3 then Window>Freeze Panes to hold top 2 rows and left column in view when scrolling. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:54:01 -0700, JesusPresley <JesusPresley@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Disable OWA 2003
Can i do that? On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:12:58 +0800, "Super" <ss> wrote: >Can i do that? > For everyone? Stop the HTTP virtual server for that server in ESM. Hi andy, Thx, after reboot the server, http virtual server auto start up again, how can disable it which reboot the server? "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> ???????:0qhi22pa7l33ojkmgfchs9upr99a8jqanc@4ax.com... > On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:12:58 +0800, "Super" <ss> wrote: > >>Can i do that? >> > > > For everyone? > Stop the ...

Strange Exchange 2003 Pop Problem
If anyone may be able to shed some light on this strange happening I would really appreciate it. I have Exchange Server 2003 running, all of my users can check their email using Outlook/Popping just fine. They also can all go to OWA and check their email fine. I have one user that can use OWA to check her mail, it takes her password, lets her in but if she tries to use Outlook on her desktop it keeps popping up a password error. No matter which station I am at, I can not check email with this account other than using OWA with a web browser. Nothing was changed on the server, I have reset the...

Problem when opening Excel 2003 file
How come when I open a file in Excel nothing appears? Yet the same file will open correctly on other peoples computers. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bruce Weinstein wrote: > How come when I open a file...

MS Access to MS excel
When I'm Access�. After a report has been generated (in Word format) I usually merge i with MS Excel and then email it off to our clients. However the forma of some of the fields change when this merge takes place. The date column will be in a date format in Access but when merged wit Excel the date format changes to a text format (what this means is tha the properties of the date column changes when the merge takes place) This change affects how our clients ingest the data I send them Yo can see this by going into one of the date cells in Excel and checkin the properties. I am u...

2003 outlook freezes
This started happening two days ago. I cannot think of anything that would have caused it, since I was just opening and responding to email I can receive messages fine. But thats it. I cannot send, reply to, or forward emails. I get a spinning circle that does not go away. I have to hit control alt delete to close Outlook I am pretty much computer illiterate. I have never tried to change anything in my registry and wouldn't know where to begin. This is very frustrating. I just want to be able to use my email. Is there a patch, fix, or anything that I can do to ...