via 2000 Access to retrievel data from 2000 outlook public folder

Dear Helpers,

I am using MS 2000 outlook. My company stores all the products and service
guidelines in the public folder located at outlook. Every week there are
updates of products and service guidelines where I need to check for those
guidelines to support the sales teams and back office. The structure is as
follows:

+Public Folder
+Products Folder
+Product 100
+Product 101
+Product 102…….

+Services Folder
+Service 100
+Service 101
+Service 102……

Each product or service is made into a new subfolder and there further
subfolders when there are product modification/appendix, i.e. 101a and 101b

As there are too many products, I set up an access file which link to each
folder.
1) Set up a “make table query” from the first folder (one time only)
2) create “ append query” to each of the subsequent folders and
3) Update the macro
so that a new table containing all the data fields such as

a) Source
(Manually insert a new field for the folder name in the “make table
query” and each “append query” for finding the source folder)
b) subject,
c) body text of the product/service (the body shows the sales region and
production date)
d) modification date etc

The primary goal is the selected query made on the new table by inputting
date or sales team name or region to ease the searching purposes.

The difficulties are that the new folders and subfolders (i.e. new products
and services) are increased and modified regularly that it is a very tedious
and time consuming steps to link the folders, create new append queries and
update the macro. Secondly, it is impossible to retrieve directly via
folders and subfolders.

I want to find if there are any method to link the folders automatically or
any suggestion to modify my workflow.

Thanks for your help.

Fanny

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Public holiday in shared folders
Hello, We use Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003. Each people has its own calendar, and is is possible to insert automatiquely the public holiday. Now, I am trying to do the same for the shared calendars, but is doesn't work. In fact, even if we select the public folders, Outlook try to insert them again in the user's calendar Any idea ? Best regards, Oliver Best bet would be to copy them from another person's calendar since you can't directly add them from within Outlook "Support" <support@rdfdfd.com> wrote in message news:mn.936a7d61f268d624.48077@r...

data input in text box

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"