vertical line between columns in report

I draw a vertical line in the center of a 2 columns of the report
(column spacing). It does not show. If I put the line close to the
right edge of the first column, it shows. But I want the vertical line
in the center of column gap. How to do it?

Thanks.
0
Song
5/6/2010 1:55:37 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Are you using code with the Line Method or are you using a line control?
What is the gap? Is this the Column Spacing?

If you have a multi-column report with a column spacing of 0.25" you might
try code in the On Page of

Private Sub Report_Page()
    Dim intGap As Integer
    intGap = 0.25 * 1440 / 2
    Me.Line (Me.Width + intGap, 0)-Step(0, 14000)
End Sub

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Song" wrote:

> I draw a vertical line in the center of a 2 columns of the report
> (column spacing). It does not show. If I put the line close to the
> right edge of the first column, it shows. But I want the vertical line
> in the center of column gap. How to do it?
>
> Thanks.
> .

Copying data to a blank column
I would like to copy data from 1 column in sheet1 starting at row 12 to the first empty column starting at row 8 in sheet2. sub trythis()'SAS untested sc=2 slr=sheets("sheet1").cells(rows.count,sc).end(xlup).row with sheets("sheet2") dlc=.cells(1,columns.count).end(xltoleft).column+1 sheets("sheet1").cells(12,sc).resize(slr) copy .cells(8,dlc) end with end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:6F9BC9EC-E48E-42CC-84D8-01C007B0C6E8@micr...

Money 2007 Premium on-line services
Is the expiration date for on-line services and bill pay for MS Money 2007 Premium, (not Plus) also on 9-1-09? I've used this version since it came out. chris In microsoft.public.money, Repent wrote: >Is the expiration date for on-line services and bill pay for MS Money >2007 Premium, (not Plus) also on 9-1-09? I've used this version since >it came out. > >chris I don't know about bill pay itself. Expect the Money 2007 to not expire on schedule. You should be good for at least the next 3 months without action. After that, we will see what, if anything, is ne...

Jet Reports #2
Anybody want to comment on this tool? Anybody happy enough with a RAD report development tool to give testimony? ...

Reporting in CRM help!!!!!!!
Hi guys, It would be great if anyone could help me with this one. In the Sales Pipline report instead of using estimatedvalue for my calculations I want to use another custom field. Does anyone know how this can be done and if so how. I don't want to change any of the functionality of the report just simple change the field that use. My custom field is also a Money field Thanks Will Assuming you are using v3.0, You need visual studio to modify reports. Reports are saved in SQL reporting Services. If you are using 1.2, you customize reports using crystal "Will" wrote: ...

Change Caption in Report
Hi all, I am trying to set up macros based on a huge amount of reports to automatically print the reports all at once. However, I would like to change the caption setting so that I don't have to keep changing the file name each time. Is there a way to do this? I am new to Access so I'm not sure how to set this up. For example, one report is called "rptCountrybySalesParent" and I would like each file to print out like "FrabySalesParent," "ItabySalesParent, "ChnbySalesParent," etc. I have the where conditions figured out, but the cap...

Detailed Sales Report Question
For some reason, on our detailed sales report, the cost and profit are not accurate. I think I've narrowed the problem down to returns because every time we have one, the report shows a negative on Qty sold and total sales, but it still shows the same cost and profit as a sale for that item. As an example, I had a customer buy a charbroiler and return it later that day to buy a bigger one. The Detailed Sales Report shows the first transaction with this information... Qty Sold: 1 Sold Price: 995.00 Total Sales: 995.00 Cost: 694.35 Profit: 300.65 Then, the return shows up with this....

Assign roles to FRx reports to be published to Business Portal
It would be helpful if there were a way to assign roles to FRx reports (similar to how you do with the Great Plains Report Scheduler) so that you don't have to do it manually in Business Portal each time an FRx report is published. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in th...

Upgrading reports from CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Having spent around 10 hours trying to upgrade a custom report from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, I thought I’d post a message to share my pain and the solution! It appears that in CRM 4.0 Microsoft have made a change to the way in which the standard reports retrieve the name of the user running the report. I have been unable to find any documentation about this. If you have a custom report that is based on a standard CRM 3.0 report (i.e. it has the CRM_FullName parameter & UserInfo dataset) and upload it into CRM 4.0 then try to run it, you may get either of the following behaviours • Th...

Run Time Error 2501 "The report action was cancel"
hi I have a access database with some reports. All reports are working fine except one. When I click Priview or Print window I get the error "Report Action was canceled" and the error number is 2501. I try to ignore the error but report does not open. Any help in this regard. Here is my code. Private Sub Command15_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command15_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Cash Voucher" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview ComeHere: Err_Command15_Click: If Err.Number = 2501 Then Resume ComeHere End If Any help in this regard ?? Thnx i...

Outlook blank subject line
How can I prevent Outlook 2003 from sending an email with a blank subject line. Thanks, Paul A quick search of the Internet turned up this: http://vsivakumar.wordpress.com/2006/02/13/outlook-blank-subject-warning/ Hopefully it'll help "Paul" <default@net.com> wrote in message news:OvoRFTEhJHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I prevent Outlook 2003 from sending an email with a blank subject > line. Hi, If you don't want to code a solution, you could try either our Safeguard Send add-in (http://www.SperrySoftware.com/Outlook/Safeguard-Send.asp...

Daily Market Technical Report for: Thursday (October 15, 2009): The Afternoon Newspaper
NSE India : S&P CNX Nifty (Based on the activity of the previous trading day) By Dominic Rebello Review of the Previous day: The Nifty rose substantially on Wednesday (October 14, 2009) a net 63.95 points (1.27%) and closed at 5118 point level. The market opened up and continued so until 14:39 hours when it reached its day high at 5127 points. Then it turned into a range bound movement until closing at the day. The market moved in a range of 73 points. The index remained above its previous close throughout the day. Sentiment was bullish and amongst the 50 Nifty stocks, 35 were gainers a...

Stacked & side-by-side with lines
I am preparing a report of the history of my company's vehilce fleet. There are several projects (Mission Support, Deconstruction, Waste Operations...) which are responsible for these vehicles and are procured in 3 different ways (Government Lease, Rental and Company owned) I would like to create a single chart which shows the following: - Lines showing the number of govt, rental, owned and total vehicles each month - Several stacked bars in each month, the overall bar showing the total number of vehicles for each project with each bar broken into segments for each procurement...

What is the formula to convert a whole column containing date to text?
What is the formula to convert a whole column of date to text? If I am to do it cell by cell, I need to press F2 then put a --> ' in front of the date. Is there a way I can do it with formula? I have tried CONCATENATE to combine column a which contains ' with date 12/31/03. Column A Column B ' 12/31/03 =CONCATENATE(A1,B1) However, the end result I got is as follow. '37986 instead of '12/31/03 Please help! Hi Caine one way: =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy") where A1 stores your date value. Copy this down ...

Notepad command line
There is a shortcut in AllUsers Startup %SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Desktop\todo.txt" That comes up twice. If you put it in Me's startups it doesn't come up at all. Would more/less quotes/switches make a difference? THis is laptop Home Edition. On a Pro XP desktop, this works fine. But on the laptop, default TXT deitor is emacs, not notepad. - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2 ---{No...

Line Item Comment Text On Forms
Good morning. I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoices). At present, this field shows but only 4 lines of text and only so wide. I would like to get infinite lines of text with the field growing or shrinking as need be on the form. Would appreciate any advice here. cheap ugg > On Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:50 AM Mark Plaideau wrote: > Good morning. > > > > I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoi...

Multiple companies / 1 report dictionary / 3 different check stubs
We currently use a modified "Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings" and Employee Checks Stub on Top and Bottom - L" reports to print paychecks/direct deposit statements. We need 3 versions of this modified report because we have three different companies and the checks require 3 different signatures. Other than the different signatures, the report layouts are identical. We use one reports dictionary for all three companies. How best to achieve this? Best regards, Caroline This is what I would try. You have one format for a check and you can export it out from tool...

Table with 'No Lines'
Using Publisher 2002 .... To prevent tables slipping I've tried Ctrl 'M' and creating a table on this page. I select all and colour the lines in black. (This creates a slipproof template) I then copy using Ctrl 'C' Back to original page, Ctrl 'V', the table I copied is now positioned exactly on top of the under page. I want to change this table into "No Lines" in order that I may type in the data using the 'tab' key to proceed to the next box. *exactly* but I'm unable to carry out this function. I'd appreciate guidance please. John ...

Received Not Invoiced Report
Hi, I entered a few Receiving Shipment transactions without a Purchase Order. These Receiving transactions had landed cost entered. Now i havent entered the Purchasing Invoices for these landed costs and so they show up on the Received Not Invoiced Report. Another AP person entered the landed cost invoices from the Payables Transaction Entry and now i want to get rid of the landed cost invoices from the Received Not Invoice report, how do i go about doing that? Please help. Thnx Dev ...

Stephan Lebans Report to PDF
Following a recommendation on the Acces World Forums http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/index.php I am trying to use the application from Stephan Lebans site called A2000ReportToPDF http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm to save some reports in PDF format. I like the streamlined way this produces the PDF forms, however I am wondering if there is a way to use this to manage filtered reports? Dave A GoogleGroups search yields several relevant threads. http://groups.google.ca/groups/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=images&num=30&q=lebans+pdf+filter&safe=image...

Autoflow, columns and multiple pages
I'm using Publisher 2000 and here's something I've never been able to figure out; how do I set up a multiple page document, each page with 2 columns and copy text so that Publisher will automatically flow into the columns but link the columns together for multiple pages? Or is that even possible? Thanks in advance! MV >-----Original Message----- >I'm using Publisher 2000 and here's something I've never been able to >figure out; how do I set up a multiple page document, each page with 2 >columns and copy text so that Publisher will automatically flow int...

Trend WFBS Scheduled Reports
Just upgraded Trend WFBS5.1 to 6.0 on our SBS2003 box. All went well except that scheduled reports nolonger seem to get sent by email. They run fine just don't get emailed. Has anyone else noticed this? Nick Hi Nick, I have noticed the same thing, although I haven't gotten around to figuring out why "Nick" wrote: > Just upgraded Trend WFBS5.1 to 6.0 on our SBS2003 box. All went well except > that scheduled reports nolonger seem to get sent by email. They run fine > just don't get emailed. Has anyone else noticed this? > > ...

Capital gains Report #2
I have used Microsoft Money for years so am not a novice user. Lately I've done some day trading and noticed to my annoyance that when I run the Reports/Taxes/Capital Gains from the Microsoft Money menu, it gives me incorrect values under the 'Purchase Cost' column. Sale Proceeds are correct. Consequently the overall Capital gains is also wrong. Further, I notice that this happens ONLY to stocks for which dividends have been paid to me in one of my 4 or so accounts at ANY time in the past. It doesn't even have to be the account in which the day trading occurred. I can...

entering 0 to a range of data in a column
How do i Prefix 0 to all the data in a perticular data. Eg. I have different No. like 1234, 3432, 3453 etc in a column and want to see that it shows up as 01234,03432,03453 If it is just for display just use a custom format like 00000, if you need 5 characters in the cell you can use a help column and then use =TEXT(A2,"00000") copy down, edit>paste special as values in place, delete original column -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Manoj Nair" <Nair,Manoj@kuwait.army.mil> wrote in message news:90A3390A-3C10-4967-A639-80C0680C7E45@microsoft.com... > How do i Pre...

Line chart zero values
I am trying to do a automated line chart that updates as users input over the next 12 weeks... the chart is consisting of 12 weeks on the x axis and % on the y. The problem im having is the values in the table that the chart is picking up from are formulas... but if the formula result is zero or ""(blank) I want the line chart to ignore it... rather than plot zero values making the line drop when a nil value or blank... for rest of the whole 12 weeks...? eg week 1 = 10% week 2 = 11% week 3 = I want the line to stop at week 2...? but because to work out the % is a formula...

RECEIVED & SENT Column Confusion
I see you can display the SENT column optionally in Outlook 2003. But strangely, the SENT column shows a time newer than the RECEIVED column. Like a message will say SENT 9:59 PM & RECEIVED 9:31 PM. What's up with that? Thanks, BTJustice one of the mail servers or computers has the wrong time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...