VBA Help in Access 2007

When looking through the Help engine, either local or online, I get blank
pages when I look at many detail pages in the Help file.  For example, when
looking at most all web pages in ADO (Section I: ActiveX Data Objects (ADO),
there's one title line and no detail.
Is that planned behavior (no data) or is there some setting or site to find
information?  I'm specifically looking for handling records in a table (read,
process, summarize).
Thanks
Terryomsn
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

=?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> When looking through the Help engine, either local or online, I
> get blank pages when I look at many detail pages in the Help file.
>  For example, when looking at most all web pages in ADO (Section
> I: ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), there's one title line and no
> detail. Is that planned behavior (no data) or is there some
> setting or site to find information?  I'm specifically looking for
> handling records in a table (read, process, summarize).

You might have a look at this discussion on StackOverflow.com:

http://tinyurl.com/35t6nka = >
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2448752/associate-a-help-file-with
-a-library-in-the-vba-object-brower

David

Generating an Access Report that's "editable".
Is there a way of generating an Access report as a text file or Word document? In other words, that can be e-mailed and edited? I know that an Access report can be printed as a pdf, but a pdf print file is not generally editable. John -- ------------------------------------------------------- John S. Ford, MD, MPH Assistant Professor of Medicine David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA Harbor-UCLA Medical Center johnsfordmd@hotmail.com http://califmedicineman.blogspot.com yes, if i recall correctly, you can Output a report object to a .rtf doc (Rich Text File) which can be opened an...

Prepaid college tuition plan in Money 2007
I started a prepaid college tuition plan and I was wondering the best way to track my monthly contributions in Money 2007? I could just do a simple monthly expense but I didn't know if there was a better way. Thanks... bschroeter | 2009-05-13 | 10:24:29 AM wrote: >I started a prepaid college tuition plan and I was wondering the best >way to track my monthly contributions in Money 2007? I could just do >a simple monthly expense but I didn't know if there was a better way. Unless there's something special about the account, like it's tied to a stock fund or part ...

Help with Excel phone list
I have created a phone list with a lot of extra data, On a different worksheet, I want to display only certain fields, and have the ability to sort the list, via Name or Number RawPhoneList Extension, First Name, Last Name, Phone Patch, Phone Type , Jack Number, Notes, Display in Phone List. UserPhoneList First name, Last Lane, Direct Number<This is calculated via the Extension, Extension So I do I pull the data from the RawPhoneList based upon =93Display in Phone List=94 and show it in a formatted and sort able version on the UserPhoneList? Right now if I just make one cell =3D the other...

Upcoming Visio 2007 webcasts for March 2009
Register to watch the two new webcasts at http://www.microsoft.com/events/series/officesystemwebcasts.aspx: Microsoft Office System Webcast: Visio Tips and Techniques for Manufacturers (Level 200) Microsoft Office System Webcast: Visio 2007 Tips and Techniques for Financial Services and Business Operations (Level 200) ...

Word 2007 centering all text
I am working on a document where I want certain sections centered (logo at top, title of article, etc) but the rest to be standard right-alignment. However when I select a certain section of text/image to be centered, it centers everything in the document. It will allow certain sections to be left-aligned or justified without affecting the rest of the document, but centering affects everything. Please help. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/WholeDocumentReformatted.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.m...

My boss is grilling me to get this done. Can you help??
Hi, I need some help with a query. I believe that a Union Query is appropriate, but I am unsure. I have two make table queries. One makes a table called QTY_RECEIVED that has the following field names: Part#, Fiscal_Week, Fiscal_Year, and Receipts. The 2nd table is called SUPPLY_REQUIREMENT which has the following fields: Part#, Fiscal_Week, Fiscal_Year, and Demand. I want to see the history of Demand and Receipts for all the parts that I have entered. Problem is that some weeks there is no demand and some weeks there is no Receipts. If I link the two tables by Part# and Fiscal Wee...

2007 OWA Question
Hi all, I am about to import users into AD in order to use Exchange 2007 and I want to make sure I set the right attributes. I was wondering, when users search for other users in OWA, or when OWA does an auto-fill, from where is OWA pulling that info from in AD? The logon name, the username, or the display name? Robert The logon name attribute is samAccountName. I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding "username". If you're talking about the name that shows up in Active Directory Users and Computers, that's the common name, or cn. The display na...

Ok Andy (or anyone)... Dummy Series Help Needed
So, I looked back at John's graph for the split axis and that won't help me. But the concept of a dummy series may! The problem is, my math (algegra, trig, calc...) is so rusty that I don't know where to begin to make a correlation between the two axis. My left axis scale is from 100K to 400K at 50K increments. My right axis scale is from 16K to 22K at 1K increments. My line graph references the right axis and I can eyeball it and pick a number on the left axis to fill in. However, I'd like to be a bit more accurate than just eyeballing it. It's not as easy as s...

copy formula in 2007
When I drag the formula in a cell it appears correctly in every copied cell but returns the numerical value in the original cell. "hanslip" <hanslip@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 7DCE8264-5AA3-4AC7-9A82-D19C36C24E54@microsoft.com... > When I drag the formula in a cell it appears correctly in every copied > cell > but returns the numerical value in the original cell. Click on Office button, Excel options, Formulas, Calculation mode, and check that "automatic is selected. Daniel These are the 'Help' instructikons that ...

Copying Excel 2007 Charts as picture into Word
Having a heck of a time trying to automate a process where we copy Excel 2007 charts and paste to a Word document as pictures. The code works and copies all of the relevant ranges from Excel. But when pasting to Word the chart disappears? Not a problem when the desired exhibit being pasted is all text from Excel. But for some reason the chart object (and it doesn't matter what kind of chart, line, bar, pie, etc.) won't copy over to the Word document. Never had this problem in earlier versions of Excel. Always pasted charts fine. Copying out of Excel using: objXL.Range...

Retrieve Exchange 2007 safe list
Hi, Is there a way to retrieve a user's safelist, on a per mailbox basis? I have an external custom filtering solution that I'd like to populate with this data. > Hi, > Is there a way to retrieve a user's safelist, on a per mailbox basis? I > have an external custom filtering solution that I'd like to populate with > this data. > Anyone ? On 3/15/2010 10:36 AM, Christian wrote: >> Hi, >> Is there a way to retrieve a user's safelist, on a per mailbox basis? I >> have an external custom filtering solution that I'd like...

Can't access Newsgroups
Hi everybody I just got Office Outlook and I'm trying to access newsgroups but there is a problem. I follow to instructions: I go to customize then click go and then the help menu tells me to grab the "news" button and drag it into the go menu, but it's NOT there! Anybody know how I can fix this problem? Thanks Outlook 2003? Take a look here; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mai...

Scrape a website tet string into access table
I'm try to search some websites for a string which, if found, will be added to a table along with a time stamp. On some sites this works and other it doesn't. The vba code hangs up a different points in the process no matter what I try. Even something simple such as Create IE object Refresh website Close IE object Is this as IE problem or Access. There is very little help on this subject around. Hi Sorry but you will never get this to work (other than the open IE Object). This has nothing to do with access or IE. Some website "REALLY" do...

STORE.exe...newbie help ?
Hi all I've read the usual articles that say Exchange 2000's 'dynamic buffer allocation' is the cause of high-ram usage and that is perfectly 'normal' We have a Win2k box that has 1.5GB RAM and is running slow...The machine had 512MB in up until last week, when I installed the extra gig of ram the STORE.exe process is using most of the ram up...I checked this morning and there was like 10MB free on the server! Exchange has SP3 installed. Can someone direct me to the hotfix (I heard about) that is supposed to fix this issue? Or is it just a case of my server will al...

Conditional Format Help
How do I write a conditional format that applies to "=$N$13:$N$22,$N$31:$N$40" where If $L13<$N13 fill the cell RED. This is what I have in the Format values where this formula is true box: "="$L13<$N13". But it doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks Try getting rid of the quotation marks "Ayo" wrote: > How do I write a conditional format that applies to > "=$N$13:$N$22,$N$31:$N$40" where If $L13<$N13 fill the cell RED. This is > what I have in the Format values where this formula is true box: > "=&quo...

Needing help automatically generating info from a table to a form
I'm creating a database for a project at work and I'm a little rusty with Access 2003 so any help would be greatly appreciated. I've started with a table that I have imported from Excel that contains the employee's clock number, their name and their supervisor in respective columns. I would like to create a form that has three boxes. The first is a box that allows the user to key in (or possibly select) an employee clock number. Once this is completed I would like for the employee's name and supervisor to automatically appear underneath the first box. I'm ...

External running of Access 2000 databases
Is there a way to make a mdb or mde viewable to someone that doesn't have Access? I don't care how many conversions, if any, are nesseccary. Look into purchasing Office 2000 Developer. It comes with a royalty-free run-time version of Access that you can distribute with your application so that people who don't have Access already installed can install the run-time and use your application. Unfortunately, Microsoft no longer sells previous versions of Access. One possibility is to check out sites that specialize in old software products, such as http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/ o...

HELP? Having some problems with XML Serialization...
Hi, I seem to be having a bit of a problem serializing a complex object into XML. I've done this many times with simpler objects and it's always worked just fine. The error I'm getting is the natorious "File or assembly name [asciijunk].dll, or one of its dependencies was not found. I have turned on XML Serialization debugging int the web.config file, so I have all of the output generated by the serializer. When I examine the .out file generated there, I have the following: ================================================== c:\Documents and Settings\DEV100\ASPNET\L...

Can't Access XML from VB6 dll
How to I get access to a MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument60 document in a Microsoft Visual C# 2005 dot net project? I'm writing a dot net executable that needs to access a by ref XML dom from a Visual Basic 6 dll. The dll returns XML but I'm not sure how to type the XML object. // Dot NET Class vb6Project.myClass vb6DataObject = new vb6Project.myClass(); MSXML2.IXMLDOMDocument2 _testxml = new MSXML2.IXMLDocument2(); vb6DataObject.GetData(ref _theXml); // VB 6 Class Private Function iTheProject_GetData(ByRef theXml As MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument60) As Boolean set theXml = getXM...

SQL and Access...
Hi all, I have an existing access database with several tables and relationships already setup. What I am trying to do it using SQL to select information from a table based on certain information. The problem I get is the fields that have relationships do not display the correct data but rather the primary key for that data. So for instant I want to select everything from Table1 and instead of getting the first name from table1 I get a value of 15 which is the primary key(id) of the actually first name. I am not sure if there is a setting in access to pass the actual name,...

Publisher 2007
I have older versions of publisher which open automatically as the A4 page size. This is great. I have Publisher 2007 at work and this opens with the default page size set at A4 I also have publisher at Home, but this annoyingly always opens set at the american page size. I have to repeatedly go into the page setup and alter the size for every publication and set it to A4. Please can anyone advise if there is a way to set the default page size in Publisher 2007 so that it will always default to opening or creating an A4 size document. I have the English version of Office 2007 Ultimate. Ma...

I need help charting
I am new to charting. I need to chart 5 different companies with a cost bid and a cost hit by company. Can you explain how. Very confused. Thanks. Hi, Don't know what a cost hit is? Maybe you can show us some sample data and tell us what kind of chart you need - pie, line, column....? -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "mgm" wrote: > I am new to charting. I need to chart 5 different companies with a cost bid > and a cost hit by company. Can you explain how. Very confused. > > Thanks. > Hi, Thanks for your response. For example 5 companies, hit and...

excel vba problems
1.for excel VBA programming, how to get the row value and column value of an active cell ? 2. if XX="YYY" then XX=10, if XX="iii" then XX=8, if XX="ooo" the XX=5, if...... -------- How to shorten the uper express ? Hi 1. msgbox activecell.row msgbox activecell.column 2. As alternative select case XX "YYY": xx=10 "iii": xx=8 "ooo": xx=5 ... end select -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Martin" <lajitong888@21cn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#trVx#TmEHA.3156@TK...

which chart/smart art to use to show this data in power point 2007
Data: CHC is referral unit for 4 PHC's.PHC is a referral unit for 6 sub centres.There is one sub-cenre for every four villages... There are total of 175 CHC's and 1500 PHC's . Sounds like an org chart to me. But that's a lot of info to try to put onto an org chart on one slide. You could span it over slides if it's important for the audience to really see all that info. Somehow I don't think it is, though. You need to decide what the point you're trying to make is. Maybe it would be better to show dots on a map and just say that one CHC refers to ...

VBA Percentage
I have a message box that gives the value of a cell. The cell itself is in percent format. However, the message box displays the value in numerical format. How can I get the message box to display it as a percent? Thanks for your help!! Format(Range("A1"),"%0") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mark1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b7d01c3e042$1f035000$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a message box that gives t...