VB "run time error"

Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a fix for a VB "run time error".  I
try and access a table and it's givng me an error message saying run time
error.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

0
Busty
5/7/2007 5:18:15 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"Busty" <mrmarbles316@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I was just wondering if anyone knows of a fix for a VB "run time error".  I
>try and access a table and it's givng me an error message saying run time
>error.

What is the exact error message?

Tony

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

"Busty" <mrmarbles316@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I was just wondering if anyone knows of a fix for a VB "run time error".
> try and access a table and it's givng me an error message saying run time
> error.
>
> Any help would be great.
> Thanks.

0
Aaron

run time error 10-22-03

run Time error "13" type mismatch
I need aid. When I install the HQ Manager gives an error me at the time of printing you order them of purchases. The error is run Time error "13" type mismatch As I can solucinar it? Though not related to any MS Dynamics product, we encounter a similiar error when importing check reconciliation files from our bank. The problem is that sometimes our bank does not pass a date in a sepcific field and our application is expecting a value. To get around this we have to update the file with a avalid date and reimport the file. "arelysas" wrote: > I need aid. When I ...

Run Time error message
I have a customer who is running RMS on the POS and a backoffice machine. She can view the Journal fine through POS, however, when she clicks on Journal on either machine in RMS Manager she receives the following message: Run-time error > '-2147417848(80010108)': > > Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its client Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!! Make sure the manager systems have a Default Windows Printer defined. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com --------------------------------------...

run time error '91'
I get this message after I am asked to load the normal.dot template. I have no idea what it is or how to fix it. The normal template opens automatically when Word starts, so you shouldn't be 'asked to load' the template. However if you are getting vba errors when you open the normal template or when it loads automatically, then you have a macro in that template that is either defective or not applicable to your Word version. The simplest plan is to rename the normal template with Word closed and let Word create a new one. http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_wor...

Run Time Error "13": Type mismatch
I keep getting a run time error when this macro gets to y=ActiveCell: Any help would be appreciated. 40 ActiveCell.Offset(1, 4).Select Do Until x > 0 ActiveCell = 0 ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select y = ActiveCell.Select Do Until ActiveCell.EntireRow.Hidden = False If ActiveCell.EntireRow.Hidden = True Then ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select End If Loop y = ActiveCell If -x < y Then ActiveCell = y + x End If x = x + y Loop Try: y = ActiveCell.Value "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com...

Run Time Error 91
We have been getting a run time error 91 for some time now. It happens when we are in a purchase or and try to close it or to print it. some times it happens when you try to change a products cost. The exact error message is " Run time error '91' object varible or with block varible not set" Is there a fix for this. Thanks Martin Try Reindexing the database - In SO Administrator, Database/Reindex -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly ...

Itemsselected run time error
I have been frustrated by an elusive error in my A2K app., and I may have stumbled on the cause of the problem. I share my experience here along with a question as to whether I am correct. The error: I have a pop-up form that appears to work properly, but when the form closes it somehow "empties" listboxes in the underlying form. The list of items in the boxes look o.k., but clicking on them gets a run time error that the boxes are actually set to null. What makes this frustrating is that if you step through (F8) the code you cannot reproduce the error. Every t...

Run Time Errors
Since loading version 2.00108 we seem to get more run time errors. The most recent issue was when we were adding items and changed an item from standard to matrix. The full error report was: run time error 2147217900 (80040e14) Line 1: incorrect syntax near '?' We use both vista and xp and seem to get more errors with vista. Thoughts?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_12F4_01C7A89D.F02002B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable coupleofdogs, OK, I give up! =20 How do you change a Stand...

Run Time error on file name
I have this code when I go to update a new workbook, but once the workbook is updated and saved, it will not allow you to reupdate it. I think the reason is because it's looking for the workbook "Master Engineering Spec.xlsm" and that is not the workbook name. Here is the sequence I am following. 1: Open User Form 2: Open New Engineering Spec (Control Button "Open_New_Engineer_Spec_8") 3: Fill in the user Form 4: Update Engineering Spec (Control Button "Update_Engineer_Spec_10" 5: Save Engineering Spec workbook (I automaticaly assigns the name. ...

Run time error when opening up Outlook for the first time after logging into computer #2
I am running outlook XP or 2002 and I have noticed that recently when opening up outlook for the first time after logging into my computer which is running XP pro, that outlook gets an runtime error and will not allow outlook to open. After that outlook opens just fine. One of the changes that I have done is disabled Windows messenger from running at all per article 302089 from microsoft. I am not sure if this is the problem or not, I did have a problem with outlook express opening up slowly and there was a fix for that. Any ideas.. ...

Run Time Error 3711
I get this run error occsionally on a machine with Store Operations Manager running XP Pro. Run Time Error 3711 I would appreciate any help. Tony ...

Run time error 380
When closing a committed PO, I sometimes get a :Run time Error 380" and the Mamager Program closes. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong or out of sequence? This is a known issue that was fixed in service pack 3. You need to install Service Pack 3 on all of your lanes. "Mike G" wrote: > When closing a committed PO, I sometimes get a :Run time Error 380" and the > Mamager Program closes. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong or out of > sequence? ...

Run time error executing Excel code (VBA)
When I execute the code below on the second iteration reading the file I get run-time error 1004. Can someone help me correct this problem? I don't understand what I'm missing. Thank you - Luis ===============CODE ============================================ Option Compare Database Public HoldRequirement As String Public counter As Integer Public activeCnt As Integer Public parseproject As String Sub ReadFileToProcess() 'Read the directory of the folder that contains the 'files to be loaded activeCnt = 0 Dim fPathDirectory As String, fName As String Dim fileLoaded1 As Stri...

Macro Issue
My VBA skills are limited to using recorded macros, not writing them- so when something won't execute... well, I'm lost. I painstakingly recorded my actions importing 38 small text files, including a clear contents command so that the workbook can be re-used. I have done this successfully in the past. The macro worked after creation once, but not after a save/close workbook. It now stalls at ' .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False' of the first import as displayed below, with 'run time error 1004 - Application Defined or object - defined error Sub DataImport() ' &...

Run time error 91 with departments and categories
Whenever I try to access Departments & Categories from the main menu bar in SO Manager I get "Run time error 91" and the program crashes. It's just started happening (using ver 2.0) - can't figure what's causing it. It's the same on 2 separate installs on different computers - a 3rd one works fine. Interesting thing is I've had this problem before using ver 1.3 and never really got to the bottom of it. That time I re-installed an old version of RMS (ver 1.2) + SQL and then upgraded to 1.3 over the top - that fixed it but now it's doing it again! An...

Another Run Time Error
v 1.3 Run time error message '-2147217865: Invalid object name 'Configuration'.' I have searched this on Customer source and only found this error relating to a state = 9 and HqVersionHistory. This one is apparently a state = 6, and slightly annoying. Thoughts? -- Jocelyn This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_08A3_01C6F6F2.A22CC780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jocelyn, This is your main Configuration table. =20 Backup, try a re-index.and check. --=20 * Get Secure! - www.m...

Run Time error 2683
Hi, I posted in the "new users" section, but still am stuck and hoping for help. The person in our agency who created this DB has left the company, and we are getting the "Run Time error 2683: No object in this control". Googling this mentions registering the mscomct2.ocx file, which I have done to no effect. When the error comes up and I click "debug", I get the Visual Basic editor up on this information: Private Sub CommtExpireDateZ_LostFocus() If Me!CommtExpireDateZ <= Now() Then Me![CommtLabel] = "Commitment has EXPIRED!"...

run time error; can not write to object
in 07 have form w/ onclick event of main form that opens a new form then having text in an unbound control of main form written into a text box on this new form run time error; can not write to object seems be triggered because the new form is opening with no records. the new form is in Date Entry property yes and when I manually open it - it opens to a new blank record....but when opening via the onclick docmd...it opens with no record... am perplexed... GBA wrote: > in 07 have form w/ onclick event of main form that opens a new form > > then having text in ...

Run time error 429 at startup of pos
we uninstalled epson opos adk to install newer version. now when we try to open pos, we get an activex run time error 429. anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? JohnnyBoy, Try re-installing the RMS program as the Epson uninstall must have wiped out something RMS needed. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System...

Run Time error when trying to use DMax on a line value
Please can someone help me with run time error I am getting when I try to use a DMax function on a LineID control in a subform. I have a main form frmDeliveries and a subform sfrmDeliveryDetails They are linked on master and child by a DeliveryID control. On the sfrmDeliveryDetails BeforeUpdate I entered : Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Me![LineID] = Nz(DMax("[LineID]", "[sfrmDeliveryDetails]"), 0) + 1 End Sub (which I modified from a previous posting) When I try to enter a selection from a Productscombo on the sfrmDeliveriesDetails I get a Run Ti...

Run time error #3
I am getting a run time errror when using money 2005 and stops resonding for up to 4 minutes any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Bill Winter wrote: >I am getting a run time errror when using money 2005 and stops resonding for >up to 4 minutes any ideas? > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870567 is written for Money 2004. I wonder if it might lead you to a cure anyway. I ran the debugger and it is hang on some html code. "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, Bill Winter wrote: > > >I am getting a run time errr...

HQ CLient 2.0
I am setting up a new polling server with RMS HQ Client 2.0, when I click on the icon. I am getting a Run Time Error 339 and it keep referencing a file call RICHTX32.OCX. Have anyone ran into this or know how to correct this? Ed I figure it out. "Ed" wrote: > I am setting up a new polling server with RMS HQ Client 2.0, when I click on > the icon. I am getting a Run Time Error 339 and it keep referencing a file > call RICHTX32.OCX. Have anyone ran into this or know how to correct this? > > Ed ...

Run time error: abnormal program termination
This is the error message each time when trying to creat new message in outlook 2000: Runtime Error! Program:C:\proga~1\micros~2\office\outlook.exe abnormal program termination I've tried: - remove/re-install outlook - remove outcmd.dat, views.dat, frmcache.dat, extend.dat and the registry key Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Exten sions and Hkey_Local_Machine\Software|Microsoft\Office\Addins - open outlook in safe mode And all these doesn't work. Some background info: - OS: XP pro - network email: Exchange 2000 server - user installed Adobe Acrobat 5.0 wh...

Run time error "5"
"Invalid procedure call or argument" is what I am getting when accessing the internet to pull data. I am using windows 7 now with IE v.8 . When I had vista on my computer and I believe v. 7 of IE it worked fine as long as the ability to block cookie was turned off. Now in addition to the error above It also says, "This function requires that cookies be turned on" in IE even though I have I set security to medium, privacy for cookies to allow all, and entered the website I am pulling from into the list of trusted sites. Any suggestions at all? So far I hav...

What went wrong? Run time error 3464
Ok, I asked a few days ago how to do a combo box that would allow you to type a value in and if it existed in the table (or query) to go to that record - and if it didn't exist - to create the record. Dave Hargis (Klatuu) was nice enough to provide the following code for the After Update event. With Me.RecordsetClone .FindFirst "[ID] = " & Me.MyCombo If Not .NoMatch Then Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark End If End With It worked just great - then. I've then gone through and finished out the bulk of the DB. I went to show it to som...