using vista mail program with earthlink http mail: error message when sending, can you download mail without deleting from server

i get the following when trying to send mail through earthlink:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test7', Account:
'pop.earthlink.net', Server: 'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 Your message does not conform to RFC2822 standard',
Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

earthlink has instructions for setting popmail and sumupath numbers on their
site which i followed.

also is there any way to download mail without deleting it from server?
thanks.

0
Michael
11/14/2007 3:58:05 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Your question may be  better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your
problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database
product.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
Free MS-Access downloads:

"Michael Brown" <firebreather1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>i get the following when trying to send mail through earthlink:
>
> An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test7', Account:
> 'pop.earthlink.net', Server: 'smtpauth.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP,
> Server Response: '550 Your message does not conform to RFC2822 standard',
> Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69
>
> earthlink has instructions for setting popmail and sumupath numbers on
> their site which i followed.
>
> also is there any way to download mail without deleting it from server?
> thanks.

0
Arvin

Net send
Hello, I have designed a userform in excel that allow's a user to send messages via Windows "net send" facility. I would like to expand on this concept and allow users who have access to the tool to be able to communicate via the userform - a homemade messenger so to speak. I'm guessing this is extremely difficult, if not impossible to do but thought it was worth investigating, is it possible for excel to capture a "net send" message received on the PC it's loaded on, and then display it in a userform? If it's possible how would I do it? Thanks ...

Unable to delete empty database

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reporting from Project Server

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Error 550 Relaying denied