Using tables created in 2003 IN 2007

My office has recently upgraded to 2007. I enjoy new features such as the
ability to highlight a few words within the table without the ENTIRE table's
font changing; unfortunately, this only works in tables I have created since
the upgrade. My old tables that were brought over from 2003 do not have this
capability. Is there an add-on out there? I do not have to resort to
re-typing and creating all new tables. PS. Copy and pasting into a new table
does not work. Convertting the file using the office button does not work.
Help? please?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I think you talking about what is called rich text, and that is a new
feature for 2007.

Open up the table in design mode, and for the column in question, it have to
be a memo column.

In the property sheet setting, you see a property called

Text Format

If you change the above setting to rich text, then you get the
font/color/size formatting available you speak of.

Note that these "rich text" memo columns can also be used on a forms, and
then you have to set in BOTH places the text format (in the table, and ALSO
the text box).

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert
4/2/2010 10:20:42 PM
What Albert forgot to mention explicitly is that this only works when the
database is in the new ACCDB file format. If your tables are still in the
old MDB file format, you won't be able to use the feature even though you
may be using Access 2007.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkallal@msn.com> wrote in message
>I think you talking about what is called rich text, and that is a new
>feature for 2007.
>
> Open up the table in design mode, and for the column in question, it have
> to be a memo column.
>
> In the property sheet setting, you see a property called
>
> Text Format
>
> If you change the above setting to rich text, then you get the
> font/color/size formatting available you speak of.
>
> Note that these "rich text" memo columns can also be used on a forms, and
> then you have to set in BOTH places the text format (in the table, and
> ALSO the text box).
>

> --
> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com

0
Douglas

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

How to create an autonumber field?

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Status in table PurchaseOrderEntryDetail
Hello, We're trying to populate serial # into the PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table and run across the column 'Status'. What are the possible values for Status column in this table? Most of the time we see status of '2'. What does that mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regards, Nikki ...

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

Pivot Table Question #5