Using MS Access to Manipulate Excel Workbook

I have an Excel Workbook that is a front end to an Oracle databse
(9i).  The excel spreadsheet has a button I click to Logon to the
Oracle database and then it has another button I click that brings up
a box where I enter my SQL Code.  I was wondering if there was anyway
I can do this through Access?  So that Access will log me on to this
spreadsheet and send the SQL Code that I want to use..

Thanks for any help
0
ISUTri
2/13/2008 8:40:55 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Unfortunately, the answer is "it depends".

Try recording a macro in Excel while you're logging onto Oracle and entering
the SQL. If you can play back the macro in Excel and have it work, odds are
it'll be possible to automate it from Access.

For an introduction to automating Excel from Access, see my July, 2005
"Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can
download the column (and sample database) for free at
http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/SmartAccess.html

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"ISUTri" <GraberJ@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an Excel Workbook that is a front end to an Oracle databse
> (9i).  The excel spreadsheet has a button I click to Logon to the
> Oracle database and then it has another button I click that brings up
> a box where I enter my SQL Code.  I was wondering if there was anyway
> I can do this through Access?  So that Access will log me on to this
> spreadsheet and send the SQL Code that I want to use..
>
> Thanks for any help

0
Douglas

New to excel