using "List View" ActiveX Control

When I insert a "List View" ActiveX Control into a new Form, and then switch 
to form view (as opposed to design view), I get the following error:

"The operation on the OLE object failed.
The OLE server may not be registered.
To register the OLE server, reinstall it."

Then after I click "OK" I get another error:
"There is no object in this control."

From "Tools - ActiveX Controls..." I find that the control is in the 
following file:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\FPDTC.DLL" - and when I do 
properties on this, it tells me that it is a "Microsoft Office Frontpage 
Design-Time Control".

I also found that this control (and file) is only available when I have Word 
2003 installed.

I have tried registering the file with the following command:
regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\FPDTC.DLL"

Only to get the following error (trying to uninstall gives the same error:
"LoadLibrary("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\FPDTC.DLL") failed 
- A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."


Has anyone got any ideas about this?
0
Utf
6/5/2007 5:30:00 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

4 Replies
2296 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 8

Tim,

Are you trying to use a ListView in Access and have you picked it from the 
Tools menu. Because I use it quit frequently with no problems. Choose the 
ListView control 6.0 and you shoul be ok. You have chosen something else I 
guess it being a Microsoft Frontpage listview..

hth
-- 
Maurice Ausum


"Tim" wrote:

> When I insert a "List View" ActiveX Control into a new Form, and then switch 
> to form view (as opposed to design view), I get the following error:
> 
> "The operation on the OLE object failed.
> The OLE server may not be registered.
> To register the OLE server, reinstall it."
> 
> Then after I click "OK" I get another error:
> "There is no object in this control."
> 
> From "Tools - ActiveX Controls..." I find that the control is in the 
> following file:
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\FPDTC.DLL" - and when I do 
> properties on this, it tells me that it is a "Microsoft Office Frontpage 
> Design-Time Control".
> 
> I also found that this control (and file) is only available when I have Word 
> 2003 installed.
> 
> I have tried registering the file with the following command:
> regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\FPDTC.DLL"
> 
> Only to get the following error (trying to uninstall gives the same error:
> "LoadLibrary("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\FPDTC.DLL") failed 
> - A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."
> 
> 
> Has anyone got any ideas about this?
0
Utf
6/5/2007 6:28:02 PM
Maurice
Yes, I am trying to use it in Access.

I don't have a control called "ListView control 6.0", I can only see a "List 
View" control.

Could you tell me what file it says "ListView control 6.0" is using? If you 
go Tools - ActiveX Controls, then there should be a field with the control 
location for the selected control.

Tim

"Maurice" wrote:

> Tim,
> 
> Are you trying to use a ListView in Access and have you picked it from the 
> Tools menu. Because I use it quit frequently with no problems. Choose the 
> ListView control 6.0 and you shoul be ok. You have chosen something else I 
> guess it being a Microsoft Frontpage listview..
> 
> hth
> -- 
> Maurice Ausum
> 
> 
> "Tim" wrote:
> 
> > When I insert a "List View" ActiveX Control into a new Form, and then switch 
> > to form view (as opposed to design view), I get the following error:
> > 
> > "The operation on the OLE object failed.
> > The OLE server may not be registered.
> > To register the OLE server, reinstall it."
> > 
> > Then after I click "OK" I get another error:
> > "There is no object in this control."
> > 
> > From "Tools - ActiveX Controls..." I find that the control is in the 
> > following file:
> > "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\FPDTC.DLL" - and when I do 
> > properties on this, it tells me that it is a "Microsoft Office Frontpage 
> > Design-Time Control".
> > 
> > I also found that this control (and file) is only available when I have Word 
> > 2003 installed.
> > 
> > I have tried registering the file with the following command:
> > regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\FPDTC.DLL"
> > 
> > Only to get the following error (trying to uninstall gives the same error:
> > "LoadLibrary("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\FPDTC.DLL") failed 
> > - A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."
> > 
> > 
> > Has anyone got any ideas about this?
0
Utf
6/5/2007 10:41:00 PM
Listview comes from the Windows Common Controls library. The newer one is 
mscomctl.ocx, the older one is comctl32.ocx

-- 
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no e-mails, please!)


"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:E135A10C-F3EC-443A-8DB1-D88714B80EEA@microsoft.com...
> Maurice
> Yes, I am trying to use it in Access.
>
> I don't have a control called "ListView control 6.0", I can only see a 
> "List
> View" control.
>
> Could you tell me what file it says "ListView control 6.0" is using? If 
> you
> go Tools - ActiveX Controls, then there should be a field with the control
> location for the selected control.
>
> Tim
>
> "Maurice" wrote:
>
>> Tim,
>>
>> Are you trying to use a ListView in Access and have you picked it from 
>> the
>> Tools menu. Because I use it quit frequently with no problems. Choose the
>> ListView control 6.0 and you shoul be ok. You have chosen something else 
>> I
>> guess it being a Microsoft Frontpage listview..
>>
>> hth
>> -- 
>> Maurice Ausum
>>
>>
>> "Tim" wrote:
>>
>> > When I insert a "List View" ActiveX Control into a new Form, and then 
>> > switch
>> > to form view (as opposed to design view), I get the following error:
>> >
>> > "The operation on the OLE object failed.
>> > The OLE server may not be registered.
>> > To register the OLE server, reinstall it."
>> >
>> > Then after I click "OK" I get another error:
>> > "There is no object in this control."
>> >
>> > From "Tools - ActiveX Controls..." I find that the control is in the
>> > following file:
>> > "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\FPDTC.DLL" - and when I do
>> > properties on this, it tells me that it is a "Microsoft Office 
>> > Frontpage
>> > Design-Time Control".
>> >
>> > I also found that this control (and file) is only available when I have 
>> > Word
>> > 2003 installed.
>> >
>> > I have tried registering the file with the following command:
>> > regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\FPDTC.DLL"
>> >
>> > Only to get the following error (trying to uninstall gives the same 
>> > error:
>> > "LoadLibrary("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\FPDTC.DLL") 
>> > failed
>> > - A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."
>> >
>> >
>> > Has anyone got any ideas about this? 


0
Douglas
6/6/2007 11:31:29 AM
Tim,

Sorry fo the late response, had some troubles with the webbrowser from MS. 
Did the reply from Doug get you on the right track and going? 

-- 
Maurice Ausum


"Tim" wrote:

> Maurice
> Yes, I am trying to use it in Access.
> 
> I don't have a control called "ListView control 6.0", I can only see a "List 
> View" control.
> 
> Could you tell me what file it says "ListView control 6.0" is using? If you 
> go Tools - ActiveX Controls, then there should be a field with the control 
> location for the selected control.
> 
> Tim
> 
> "Maurice" wrote:
> 
> > Tim,
> > 
> > Are you trying to use a ListView in Access and have you picked it from the 
> > Tools menu. Because I use it quit frequently with no problems. Choose the 
> > ListView control 6.0 and you shoul be ok. You have chosen something else I 
> > guess it being a Microsoft Frontpage listview..
> > 
> > hth
> > -- 
> > Maurice Ausum
> > 
> > 
> > "Tim" wrote:
> > 
> > > When I insert a "List View" ActiveX Control into a new Form, and then switch 
> > > to form view (as opposed to design view), I get the following error:
> > > 
> > > "The operation on the OLE object failed.
> > > The OLE server may not be registered.
> > > To register the OLE server, reinstall it."
> > > 
> > > Then after I click "OK" I get another error:
> > > "There is no object in this control."
> > > 
> > > From "Tools - ActiveX Controls..." I find that the control is in the 
> > > following file:
> > > "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\FPDTC.DLL" - and when I do 
> > > properties on this, it tells me that it is a "Microsoft Office Frontpage 
> > > Design-Time Control".
> > > 
> > > I also found that this control (and file) is only available when I have Word 
> > > 2003 installed.
> > > 
> > > I have tried registering the file with the following command:
> > > regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\FPDTC.DLL"
> > > 
> > > Only to get the following error (trying to uninstall gives the same error:
> > > "LoadLibrary("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\FPDTC.DLL") failed 
> > > - A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."
> > > 
> > > 
> > > Has anyone got any ideas about this?
0
Utf
6/7/2007 9:26:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Creating New Views with picklist fields in the list view not appea
When I create a new view and include a picklist field in the list view the column header appears but no data shows on the list view even though its there in the record view. This is I know not normal as on our internal system has no problem Any ideas where I can look? ...

How to Set the Current View of a List View Control
Greetings, Okay, UNCLE! I'm trying to figure out how to change the view mode (icon, small icon, list, report) of a list view control. But I can't seem to figure out how. Note that I'm not using MFC--just regular C++. However, I posted here because I was looking at how MFC does it. CListCtrl::SetView uses ListView_SetView. Sounds reasonable, but ListView_SetView sends the LVM_SETVIEW message. But when I look at the documentation for this message, it states you must have an XP manifest in order to use that message. And, in fact, when I tried to use it in my C++ code the expect arg...

Edit MO Status button should be active in List view with no record
List views and Action Panes in GP10 are terrific! It seems that the "Edit MO Status" button should be active in List view when no records are selected. Since the purpose of the called program is to change status on multiple records at once, why not allow it to be added to the Action Pane as active even without selecting a specific record? Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the b...

List View with no focus
I want to create a list view whose items could never be selected. Although columns could be clicked to sort and those could be adjusted as well. How could i do that. See your post regarding "List view with no item selection". "Mubashir Khan" wrote: > I want to create a list view whose items could never be selected. Although > columns could be clicked to sort and those could be adjusted as well. How > could i do that. > > > ...

Modify data at the application level list view w/o opening indv re
This suggestion is for functionality to modify account or contact field information from the List View at the Application Level. In other words, users would like to modify fields on this screen, without actually opening any single record in another window. A similar functionality would be like modifying song information in iTunes, where you can change any field info by clicking on that field twice, or even something like the Advanced Find window where hovering the mouse over a field will allow the option to change the field value. Many of our users and clients think this would be an e...

Integration with the list view
Hi, I have an ASP page that performs some processing on a Case record when called from a detail form toolbar button. I am using the PassParams attribute within the ISV.config to send the Case GUID to my ASP page. This works really well, however, my problem is that I also need to be able to perform this process on a group of cases selected in the list view by ticking the record (as with assigning/deleting multiple records etc.). Is this possible? I have not yet found a way of adding buttons to the list view, adding entries to the Actions list or passing multiple GUID's as a parameter to a...

List View style LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES | LVS_OWNERDATA
LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES does not seem to work in combination with LVS_OWNERDATA. How can i fix that? ...

How do i change my database to list view
How do you change the position of the field names in a database to the top, instead of the side. I need to change them from the side to the top. Copy and paste special and select transpose, this assumes you don't have more than 256 headers. It might be a good idea to paste into a new worksheet Regards, Peo Sjoblom "m" wrote: > How do you change the position of the field names in a database to the top, > instead of the side. I need to change them from the side to the top. > ...

What's the deal with List View ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo Microsoft, please comment !
Hello all. I have whis wierd problem with list view ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo message handler. It is a custom drawn virtual list. When the list is initially displayed, I'm not getting any LVIF_STATE requests.for the items displayed, only when I scroll the list I start getting it, but list ignores it flat-out. Also, how come I'm not getting any OnLvnSetdispinfo messages? I've run into so many incosistencies when dealig with the virtual custom drawn list that's quickly becoming the nightmare. Here's the current bug list: 1. Keyboard selection bug: when ...

List view control #2
Hi, I build an MFC application with List view control, I insert three icons from image view to that list view control, How can I select an item from that list control at runtime from the code as like I press that item with the mouse cursor???? Thanks! pmyListCtrl->SetItemState(nItem, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED); will do it. M "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:O3vnBzwrEHA.192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I build an MFC application with List view control, I insert three icons > from > image view to that list view control, > How ca...

Picklist View
Is there are a way to limit what is shown in a picklist? We have a picklist in CRM 3.0 that has numerous types/values in it, but we only want a few of them to appear. We do not want to remove the others as we may eventually decide to use them. You can remove options in client-side code. In the OnLoad event: //Remove the option with value 2 crmForm.all.your_picklist.DeleteOption(2); Call it multiple times with different indexes to remove the desired values. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Cu...

Quick Find in List view
HI All Is there any way to find subitem in ListView with out using loop Tahkns Amrit "Amrit" <cadd@wlink.com.np> wrote in message news:un0Vf5%23cKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > HI All > > Is there any way to find subitem in ListView with out using loop If you used "Key" parameter when adding items, you could use it to find items quickly, but it's not easy to make it work for multiple columns. Example: ListView1.ListItems("Item123"). Collections in VB use an efficient method of searching by using hash tables, so fin...

Can I change 'Filter On' field in Activity list view?
Does anyone know how to change the default filtered Activity records records from "Next 30 days" to one of the other options?.... "Next 7 days" for example? ...

List views
I have a list view in which I have selected grid lines in report mode. The grid lines show ok until I scroll down and then the horizontal line fall out of step colliding with the text. Does anyone know what is happening here and how to fix it? >I have a list view in which I have selected grid lines in report mode. The >grid lines show ok until I scroll down and then the horizontal line fall out >of step colliding with the text. > >Does anyone know what is happening here and how to fix it? Sadly, the fix is to switch off the grid lines :( PSS ID Number: 813791 "B...

List View Selection
Hi, I have been playing with interesting CListCtrl's in report mode, I was wondering if anyone could guide me towards the event triggered whenever a new item is selected (via keyboard, mouse, whatever). So what I really need is to know is which event handlers do I need to install to capture whenever a new item becomes highlighted through whichever move. - MR >I have been playing with interesting CListCtrl's in report mode, I was >wondering if anyone could guide me towards the event triggered whenever a >new item is selected (via keyboard, mouse, whatever). Mark, ...

Centering Icon images in a list view
I have a list view and I am using LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES to allow images in alll columns. In one column I want an image but no text, but I can not center the images it just hugs the left of the cell. Can I center it? ...

CListCtrl single column in list view mode
I'm pulling my hair trying to figure out how to get a CListCtrl in list view to only display the items I'm adding (an icon and a string for each item) in a single column with a vertical scroll bar. Is this possible? If so, does anyone have any tips on how to do it? Sadly, I'm locked into using a CListCtrl, so I can't go with an owner drawn listbox at the moment. thanks! I am not sure you can have a vertical scrollbar in List View. You should try Detail View instead and Hide the column header if you don't want it to show. "generalboy7" <generalboy7@di...

List View Grouping in MFC 9.0
Dear Friends, I want to split List control into groups at run time similiar to Windows VISTA MY Computer view. i.e. 1) I can expand and collapse the items at run time ? 2) Header of groups should be in user defined color etc. Any help is highly appreciated. I am developing the MFC application in Visual Studio 2008 + feature pack 1. You may want to look at some of these controls. The Outlook bar control might work for you, or perhaps a tree control and list control in a splitter window: http://www.codejock.com/downloads/samples/controls.asp#controls_vistataskdialog Tom <Smadhuka...

Tree and List view
Hi , i am developing an app. which works as follows: 1. Enter IP of a system 2. Connect to that system 3. Open a windows-explorer like window displaying the drives on the leftside and corresponding files and directories on the right. would really appreciate any ideas, suggestions... Regards, -Kapil Create a SpliterWindow with TreeView and ListView then populate the TreeView and keep the treeview and Listview in Sync. You could find some samples in MSDN related to it. Regards Jakir "Kapil Patry" <kapilpatry@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<uLHWH60iEHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP...

Account List Views
Hello, I've noticed in the new 2004 version, below each of my accounts it lists the last 3-4 tranactions. How do I turn this off? It's extremely annoying. Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, Elissa wrote: > >I've noticed in the new 2004 version, below each of my >accounts it lists the last 3-4 tranactions. How do I >turn this off? It's extremely annoying. Click the little minus signs in front of the account names. Thanks. . as I suspected I'm a idiot! >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Elissa wrote: > >> >&g...

List view control
Hi, I build an MFC application with List view control, I insert three icons from image view to that list view control, How can I select an item from that list control at runtime from the code as like I press that item with the mouse cursor???? Thanks! ...

CRM should provide a total record count when in a list view
When viewing any list view (leads, contacts, accts etc), MSCRM currently does not provide a total record count for all the records in the list. It only tells you the number records on that page. You have to go through all the screens and count them manually. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Column List view
I am using MFC for Pocket PC 2003. I am trying to create a simple control that only need to view data in columns, no sorting, no deleting, no editing and no pictures are needed. The list must redraw as fast as possible and columns must be resizible. Does someone have some examples of LVS_OWNERDATA mode? Or any other suggestions? Thanks In advance Patrik ...

Change Reports List View
Hello, Does anyone know if it is possible to change the reports list view? For instance, I would like to eliminate the “Report Type” and “Modified On” columns and only keep the “Report Name” and “Description” columns. Thanks! ...

How to add alpha effect icons to list view control in MFC ??
Hi, I am using list view control in MFC.. I want to add alpha effect icons (one just like used in windows xp..) my icon size will be 16 X 16.. So, how can i add them ?? i have alpha icons located in disk.. so, how to load them ? if I import them to vc++ editor, its resolution and look gets corrupted and transparancy doesnt come.. so, can anybody please tell me how to do that ? If somebody has done that please give me some clue... Thx ===== Regards, Jigar Mehta I think you can on Windows XP. Take a look at this one. It's for toolbars, but it has a class for doing an image list...