Using Linked forms/subforms to update data on SQL Server

Hello,
I designed a database in Access and then transferred the data to SQL Server.
The linked form/subform that worked when the data resided within the Access
database is not functioning properly.  Here's the setup:

tblContacts has Primary Key ContactID (formerly Autonumber, now an identity
field in SQL Server)
tblAddress contains Contact ID and also Primary Key CARID (also now an
identity field in SQL Server).

Using SQL Server Enterprise Manager Diagram, I set up a one to many
relationship between tblContact and tblAddress with cascade updates/deletes
(one person can have multiple addresses).   My main form holds the
tblContact fields and has a subform for the tblAddress fields.  The problem
occurs when I try to update address information (via the linked subform).  I
get a "Write Error" message stating that the record has been changed by
another user since I started editing it, although there are no other users
in the database.  I have no problem editing the tblContact fields on the
form.

Don't know if this matters, but I did go back and set up relationships in
Access as well (just joins - referential intergrity/cascade updates and
deletes are grayed out and should be in effect from the SQL Server
diagrams).

Help!!

Thanks,
Beth

0
bv
9/10/2007 8:47:03 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Linking files 2 ways

Merging Two Office Data Files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3C6E7.505DB790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is the situation: I've a desktop and a laptop. Before I bought the laptop I was using MS = Outlook on my desktop. Now that I'm using my laptop mostly, I would like = to have my old emails from my desktop Outlook merged with the laptop = Outlook emails. I don't want to replace the laptop outlook files with = the desktop outlook files is the folder - C:\Documents and = Settings\Laptop\Lo...

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reporting from Project Server

using the journal on outlook

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Pulling data from separate tabs

cannot open hyper links in outlook

data sort

get a result of an sql into a field

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...

Help with importing data

SQL 2005 Great Plains 9 issue
I will try to keep this succinct. I am running Great Plains 9 with SQL 2005 on separate servers. Recently I brought up a new SQL server(called sql02) to replace the old SQL server(called sql01). After installing SQL 2005 on the new server and restoring all the databases I renamed the new server(sql02) to the name of the old Server(sql01). Great Plains worked happily after that. On the new SQL server now called SQL01 there are two database engines in SQL Studio, one is called SQL02 and the other is called SQL01. I would rather not have SQL02 there, but I'm not sure how to delet...

Formula for cross tab data filling