use a results in a Query to compare with information in a table

This is what I am trying to accomplish: I do a Query on one table that
returns a result of the combined time and number of parts produced for that
time.  Then I get an expression that results in number of parts produced per
hour.  This is all good but now I need it to compare the “part number”
returned in the Query with the “part number” in the Parts table and compare
the “parts per hour produced” with the “parts per hour estimated” and return
as % efficient.   How do I that information from the parts table?  Thanks for
any help.   Access 2007
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

We're not there, we can't see your PC.  We don't (necessarily) know what you
mean by "combined time".

You didn't post your query's SQL statement, nor your data/table structure.

More specific description will probably lead to more specific suggestions.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"SailorRoy" <SailorRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is what I am trying to accomplish: I do a Query on one table that
> returns a result of the combined time and number of parts produced for
> that
> time.  Then I get an expression that results in number of parts produced
> per
> hour.  This is all good but now I need it to compare the "part number"
> returned in the Query with the "part number" in the Parts table and
> compare
> the "parts per hour produced" with the "parts per hour estimated" and
> return
> as % efficient.   How do I that information from the parts table?  Thanks
> for
> any help.   Access 2007

0
Jeff
4/9/2007 4:22:51 PM
"Combined time" is the total of the time charged and also total of parts
produced.  The time and parts produced are recorded daily and then a query is
generated to track the total time/parts etc.  Then I calculate the parts per
hour.  I have a table that has part information created from the quotes for
these parts that has the material cost estimates and labor estimates etc.,
this includes the parts per hour.  I want to compare the actual time of the
quoted time to actual time for a production report.

SELECT [Time Sheet].JobNumber, Sum([Time Sheet].TimeCharged) AS
SumOfTimeCharged, Sum([Time Sheet].OrderQuanity) AS SumOfOrderQuanity,
Sum([Time Sheet].QuanityProduced) AS SumOfQuanityProduced, Sum([Time
Sheet].ScrapNumberParts) AS SumOfScrapNumberParts, Sum([Time
Sheet].JobSetUpTime) AS SumOfJobSetUpTime, First([Time Sheet].PartNumber) AS
FirstOfPartNumber,
([SumOfQuanityProduced]-[SumOfScrapNumberParts])/[SumOfTimeCharged] AS Expr1
FROM [Time Sheet], [Part Numbers]
GROUP BY [Time Sheet].JobNumber
ORDER BY [Time Sheet].JobNumber;

I am also trying to get the totals and I don't have that right either.

Roy LaFever

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> We're not there, we can't see your PC.  We don't (necessarily) know what you
> mean by "combined time".
>
> You didn't post your query's SQL statement, nor your data/table structure.
>
> More specific description will probably lead to more specific suggestions.
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>
> "SailorRoy" <SailorRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is what I am trying to accomplish: I do a Query on one table that
> > returns a result of the combined time and number of parts produced for
> > that
> > time.  Then I get an expression that results in number of parts produced
> > per
> > hour.  This is all good but now I need it to compare the "part number"
> > returned in the Query with the "part number" in the Parts table and
> > compare
> > the "parts per hour produced" with the "parts per hour estimated" and
> > return
> > as % efficient.   How do I that information from the parts table?  Thanks
> > for
> > any help.   Access 2007

Roy

Sorry, but I'm still having trouble visualizing the data you are starting
with.  Since queries are based on tables (and on other queries), it would
help me "see" your picture if you provided a description of the tables and
the fields ... perhaps something like:

    tblPerson
        PersonID (PK)
        FirstName
        MI
        LastName
        DOB

and an example of the kind of data you are storing in the tables:

    17
    Jeff
    Boyce
    1/1/2001

> "Combined time" is the total of the time charged and also total of parts
> produced.  The time and parts produced are recorded daily and then a query
> is
> generated to track the total time/parts etc.  Then I calculate the parts
> per
> hour.  I have a table that has part information created from the quotes
> for
> these parts that has the material cost estimates and labor estimates etc.,
> this includes the parts per hour.  I want to compare the actual time of
> the
> quoted time to actual time for a production report.
>
> SELECT [Time Sheet].JobNumber, Sum([Time Sheet].TimeCharged) AS
> SumOfTimeCharged, Sum([Time Sheet].OrderQuanity) AS SumOfOrderQuanity,
> Sum([Time Sheet].QuanityProduced) AS SumOfQuanityProduced, Sum([Time
> Sheet].ScrapNumberParts) AS SumOfScrapNumberParts, Sum([Time
> Sheet].JobSetUpTime) AS SumOfJobSetUpTime, First([Time Sheet].PartNumber)
> AS
> FirstOfPartNumber,
> ([SumOfQuanityProduced]-[SumOfScrapNumberParts])/[SumOfTimeCharged] AS
> Expr1
> FROM [Time Sheet], [Part Numbers]
> GROUP BY [Time Sheet].JobNumber
> ORDER BY [Time Sheet].JobNumber;
>
> I am also trying to get the totals and I don't have that right either.
>
> Roy LaFever
>

> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> We're not there, we can't see your PC.  We don't (necessarily) know what
>> you
>> mean by "combined time".
>>
>> You didn't post your query's SQL statement, nor your data/table
>> structure.
>>
>> More specific description will probably lead to more specific
>> suggestions.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>>
>> "SailorRoy" <SailorRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This is what I am trying to accomplish: I do a Query on one table that
>> > returns a result of the combined time and number of parts produced for
>> > that
>> > time.  Then I get an expression that results in number of parts
>> > produced
>> > per
>> > hour.  This is all good but now I need it to compare the "part number"
>> > returned in the Query with the "part number" in the Parts table and
>> > compare
>> > the "parts per hour produced" with the "parts per hour estimated" and
>> > return
>> > as % efficient.   How do I that information from the parts table?
>> > Thanks
>> > for
>> > any help.   Access 2007

0
Jeff
4/10/2007 2:26:02 PM
I have two tables:  One table “Job Time Table” that has fields for the
JobOrderNumber, PartNumber, TimeCharged, PartsProduced , plus other
information such as date, scrap, etc.  When we receive an order we issue it a
Job Order Number.  We then manufacture the parts over a period of days or
weeks.  Each day the time and information is enter into the database “Job
Time Table” I now want to run a report or query to total the Parts Produced,
total time etc. and compare it to the allowed time from the next table “Part
Numbers Table”.  The “Part Numbers Table” has the part numbers and the
EstimatedTime, EstimatedMaterails, etc. allowed for each part with other
information.
How do I make this query?  I can get part of it but how do I get it to
access the information from the Part Number table and compare.  I am totaling
the time etc. to the Job Number information but need to get the estimated
time by the part number.  I am using Access 2007.

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Roy
>
> Sorry, but I'm still having trouble visualizing the data you are starting
> with.  Since queries are based on tables (and on other queries), it would
> help me "see" your picture if you provided a description of the tables and
> the fields ... perhaps something like:
>
>     tblPerson
>         PersonID (PK)
>         FirstName
>         MI
>         LastName
>         DOB
>
> and an example of the kind of data you are storing in the tables:
>
>     17
>     Jeff
>     Boyce
>     1/1/2001
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>

> "SailorRoy" <SailorRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > "Combined time" is the total of the time charged and also total of parts
> > produced.  The time and parts produced are recorded daily and then a query
> > is
> > generated to track the total time/parts etc.  Then I calculate the parts
> > per
> > hour.  I have a table that has part information created from the quotes
> > for
> > these parts that has the material cost estimates and labor estimates etc.,
> > this includes the parts per hour.  I want to compare the actual time of
> > the
> > quoted time to actual time for a production report.
> >
> > SELECT [Time Sheet].JobNumber, Sum([Time Sheet].TimeCharged) AS
> > SumOfTimeCharged, Sum([Time Sheet].OrderQuanity) AS SumOfOrderQuanity,
> > Sum([Time Sheet].QuanityProduced) AS SumOfQuanityProduced, Sum([Time
> > Sheet].ScrapNumberParts) AS SumOfScrapNumberParts, Sum([Time
> > Sheet].JobSetUpTime) AS SumOfJobSetUpTime, First([Time Sheet].PartNumber)
> > AS
> > FirstOfPartNumber,
> > ([SumOfQuanityProduced]-[SumOfScrapNumberParts])/[SumOfTimeCharged] AS
> > Expr1
> > FROM [Time Sheet], [Part Numbers]
> > GROUP BY [Time Sheet].JobNumber
> > ORDER BY [Time Sheet].JobNumber;
> >
> > I am also trying to get the totals and I don't have that right either.
> >
> > Roy LaFever
> >

> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> >
> >> We're not there, we can't see your PC.  We don't (necessarily) know what
> >> you
> >> mean by "combined time".
> >>
> >> You didn't post your query's SQL statement, nor your data/table
> >> structure.
> >>
> >> More specific description will probably lead to more specific
> >> suggestions.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Jeff Boyce
> >> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
> >>
> >> "SailorRoy" <SailorRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Based on your description, your JobTimeTable has, as one field, PartNumber.
And your PartNumbersTable has, as one field, PartNumber.

This sounds like it calls for creating a query and joining these two tables
on the PartNumber fields.  Or, if you are doing a query first to get actual
parts per hour, you could join THAT query to the PartNumbersTable.

By the way, Access will be confused if you leave spaces between words in the
title, in fieldname titles, and in Access objects in general.  Either use
brackets ("[ ]") around them or use CamelCase without the space.

> [...]
>> > the
>> > quoted time to actual time for a production report.
>> >
>> > SELECT [Time Sheet].JobNumber, Sum([Time Sheet].TimeCharged) AS
>> > SumOfTimeCharged, Sum([Time Sheet].OrderQuanity) AS SumOfOrderQuanity,
>> > Sum([Time Sheet].QuanityProduced) AS SumOfQuanityProduced, Sum([Time
>> > Sheet].ScrapNumberParts) AS SumOfScrapNumberParts, Sum([Time
>> > Sheet].JobSetUpTime) AS SumOfJobSetUpTime, First([Time
>> > Sheet].PartNumber)
>> > AS
>> > FirstOfPartNumber,
>> > ([SumOfQuanityProduced]-[SumOfScrapNumberParts])/[SumOfTimeCharged] AS
>> > Expr1
>> > FROM [Time Sheet], [Part Numbers]
>> > GROUP BY [Time Sheet].JobNumber
>> > ORDER BY [Time Sheet].JobNumber;
>> >
>> > I am also trying to get the totals and I don't have that right either.

0
Jeff

PA Misc. Log Tables

visual basic

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Web query timeout setting.

Use exchange from a trusted domain

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Using INDIRECT within functions

item class table

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...

How to use count for calls per hour

Protection/hide information
Good morning, If anyone has any useful web links for information regarding protection/hide information for 2000 & 2002 generally to broaden my knowledge that would be great. Thanks. Not really sure what you're looking for, but here's some info on worksheet/workbook protection: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html In article <O1SJMW$VEHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "Kassie Alcorn" <marketing@qld.apollopatio.com.au> wrote: > If anyone has any useful web links for information regarding protection/hide > information for 2000 & ...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

Sum items in a lookup table.
I work for a bus company that has 240 different routes. I also have a table in Excel that lists monthly ridership for each route. I use it as a lookup table to get data for another report. The problem? There are 6 of the 240 routes that are served by more than one garage so they appear twice in the lookup table and I would like to get the sum of the ridership for that particular route from the table. Is this possible and if so how do I do it? I gather you're using a lookup function now to find the ridership from a given route. VLOOKUP will return (0 or) 1 value. If you use SU...

Anyone use Promys CRM software integrated with GP Dynamics?
Our company is considering using Promys as a CRM to create quotes and sales orders for the sales team. I am concerned about the integration with GP and what the pitfalls may be. Is anyone here currently using Promys with GP Dynamics? ...

Hi All, I'm creating a form that allows the user to pick a txt file (dialog) and then display the path and contents on the form. The code has been cobbled together as I found the pieces that worked, so bear with. I got the file picker working and displaying the file name on the form, but the file contents won't display. I had a feeling the problem had to do with importing a namespace (see the error in the code when I tried "Imports System.IO") or with a missing reference. Using Access 2003. References: VB for Apps, MS Access 11 Obj Lib, OLE Auto, MS V...

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...