Updating subform control based on another control value in the SAME subform.

Greetings,

Calculated result is a field that is updated based on the two other fields,
this is done in the subforms query and as based on an expression cannot be
overtyped (which is good!).

All I want to do is once a value appears in the field is to populate another
field (see code below).

Runs without errors but see no results. Any help would be appreciated.

Private Sub CalculatedResult_AfterUpdate()

Dim CResult As Integer
CResult = Me.CalculatedResult.Value
Me.ActualResult.Value = CResult
Me.ActualResult.Requery

End Sub

Thanks
Rob

0
Rob
2/21/2008 10:02:06 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

SOLVED

"Rob W" <Whllrob@aol.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> Calculated result is a field that is updated based on the two other
> fields, this is done in the subforms query and as based on an expression
> cannot be overtyped (which is good!).
>
> All I want to do is once a value appears in the field is to populate
> another field (see code below).
>
> Runs without errors but see no results. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Private Sub CalculatedResult_AfterUpdate()
>
> Dim CResult As Integer
> CResult = Me.CalculatedResult.Value
> Me.ActualResult.Value = CResult
> Me.ActualResult.Requery
>
> End Sub
>
> Thanks
> Rob

0
Rob
2/21/2008 11:23:06 PM

> SOLVED
>
> "Rob W" <Whllrob@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Calculated result is a field that is updated based on the two other
>> fields, this is done in the subforms query and as based on an expression
>> cannot be overtyped (which is good!).
>>
>> All I want to do is once a value appears in the field is to populate
>> another field (see code below).
>>
>> Runs without errors but see no results. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Private Sub CalculatedResult_AfterUpdate()
>>
>> Dim CResult As Integer
>> CResult = Me.CalculatedResult.Value
>> Me.ActualResult.Value = CResult
>> Me.ActualResult.Requery
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> Thanks
>> Rob

0
Marcia

Day of week time control
Let's say I wanted something to occur at specific times (via DDE) on Sunday, a different thing on Monday -Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri Sat and continue over and over. I see how I can know the day and time, but to use it in a formula escapes me. The use is for a simple area based light control in my house. Hi Vernon Maybe =IF(AND(WEEKDAY(NOW())=1,HOUR(NOW())>=8,HOUR(NOW())<=17),"Switch on","Switch off") -- Regards Roger Govier "vernon" <there@there> wrote in message news:%23gF0dmcrHHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Let's say I wanted ...

Yet another duplicate record dilemma
I have a table with records where one field are duplicates. I'm able to query to find duplicates and delete them, however what I need to do is find the duplicates, produce a total from another field, delete the duplicates and update the record field with the new total. Use the Find duplicates wizard, the build an Update query and either add to the field: Update MyTable Inner Join Querty1.ID On MyTable.ID Set MyField = MyField + Query1.MyField or just update it: Update MyTable Inner Join Querty1.ID On MyTable.ID Set MyField = Query1.MyField Then delete the duplicate data. -- Ar...

loan amortisatio chart not updating
Hi, I use MS Monet 2007 premium. I have created a loan amortisation account which breaks up my monthly instslment into pricipal and interest. The loan commencd from 7 October 2005 and is for a period of 5 years. The problem is that the loan account does ot show any loan instalments beyond 7 October 2006 (exactly 1 year after the commencement). Why is this happening. Why is the account not updating with instalments which have been debited to my account after 7 October 2007. Please help. Were you depending on downloaded transaction data for this account? Did the download link br...

Messenger emoticons
I have changed laptops and I did grab the old laptops custom emoticons folder (all in dt2 and id2 file endings.) But when i copy everything in the folder and add it to my new laptops custom emoticons folder... they get added (i.e. show up in the folder) but the images/gifs or names dont show up on the actual msn... *what gives*? Do I have to change the dt2 endings to gif or jpeg and go to "create" in msn for each of them to add them in? (I tried with one and it worked) Only problem is i have alot, like 203 dt2 files so changing the ending to .gif and adding each singu...

I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does not work. When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. How can I get it to work. Thanks. On Apr 4, 12:33=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does > not work. > When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. > > How can I get it to work. > > Thanks. Is this Windows MCE SP2? What method did you use to add time update permission to your limited user account? Does your unlimited user accou...

Sum amount if = 2 value's

free ActiveX Control for MathML editing
I'd like to suggest free ActiveX Control for MathML creating/editing/rendering: http://www.hermitech.ic.zt.ua/hdata/fmlaxxp_home.php This ActiveX Control is a part of Formulator MathML Suite by Hermitech Laboratory: http://www.hermitech.ic.zt.ua. It makes it simple to develop new software products, keenly aware of the mathematical typesetting and MathML presentation/semantics rules. Vyacheslav Levitsky ...

Excel Running Wild After Update
I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powerpoint seem fine but Excel attemtps to open every compatible file (and a few that aren't) when I start it up. After it overdoses on files it fails and closes. Any ideas on what to do other than reverting to an older version, pre-update? Wild guess: Look in Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Startup:Excel: . Are there a bunch of random files in there? I think Excel would try to open anything in there on launch. On 3/23/06 9:04 AM, "Jeff Fread" wrote: > I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powe...

Problems with MFC list controls
I have a large list control with many inventory control items displayed within. When someone single clicks on an item, it displays information about that item in another part of the dialog. I have a three-fold problem, the master list has multiple columns in it, in order to make the selection work properly, only column 0 can be selected, is there a way to make a valid row selection if you select an item using any of the other columns? Second issue is the highlight of the selection. Only column 0 in the list control will highlight, is there a way to make the entire row highlight when an...

IF statement based on True/False that activates a certain list box
I've been asked to create a formula that will react to either "yes" or "no" entered into a cell which will show options in another cell based on a certain list. Example: Cells D3:D5 contain the values Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (list named BegWeek) Cells E3:E5 contain the values Thursday, Friday, Saturday (list named EndWeek) Cell A3 accepts either "yes" or "no" entry only from a list If A3 = "Yes" then B3 will = drop down list BegWeek If A3 = "No" then B3 will = drop down list End Week I don't even know if thi...

Can DrawFrameControl() draw XP style controls?
My application supports XP style controls. But I found the DrawFrameControl() can not draw XP style controls in my application. Can I draw XP style controls? ...

Compare each value in a range to each value in another range
I am looking for a macro that will return a comparison of each cell in a range to each cell in another range. example. the first range would have vales of 1,2,3 and the second range would have values of 5,6,7 Thus the macro should return 9 possible comparisons: 1 & 5, 1 & 6, 1 & 7, 2 & 5, 2 & 6, 2 & 7, 3 & 5, 3 & 6, 3 & 7, Can anybody help me with this?? Just hazarding some thoughts here .. Perhaps using formulas would suffice ? Example: Assume 1st range is A1:A3, 2nd range is B1:B3. Then Compare 1st range against 2nd range I...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

February updates on EPM (WSS+PServer+MSProject)
Hi, February updates Links are available on http://epm2007.wordpress.com You can comment and poll to give feed back on post installation. Regards, Xavier HOVASSE www.ixila.com Hi Sam, If you have sufficient permissions: In ProjProf: File -> Open ... -> Retrieve the list of all projects ... Right click on project name and select Rename. In PWA: Project Center -> mark project in any column except Idicator and Project Name. Click on Edit Project Properties. Change name and click on Save and Publish. Regards Barbara Am 01.03.2010 08:58, schrieb Xavier HOVASSE...

updates 05-29-10
I keep getting configuering updates when I turn on anff my computer.Also cant search for updates and there is no record of any updates being downloaded gerry wrote: > I keep getting configuering updates when I turn on anff my > computer.Also cant search for updates and there is no record of any > updates being downloaded When was the last time you freshly installed Windows ME? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Owner Draw List control and SetColumnWidth
I have single column owner draw list control for showing multiple square boxes in each item. The number of square boxes in each item is dynamically changing. For this, I am using SetColumnWidth(col, width) to change the width inside CMyListCtrl::DrawItem (DrawItemStruct). This also solves my scrolling problem. Please look at the Picture drawn below for each item: |---------------------------------------------------- -----------| |Some Title - Item 1 | |----------...

Excel chart linked in Word gets formatted when updateing.
Hi, I have a bit of an annoying issue with excel and word 2007, I have a Chart in excel, and the text on the horizontal axis is rotated 270 degrees,This Chart is linked in a Word document and when i do an update of the linked chart the text gets all messed up. Both of the files are saved in 97-2003 format. ...

Value (Y) axis crosses between categories and Secondary Value (Y) Axis
Hi all - I have 7 series on my chart Series 1 is column chart - may be area chart eventually (2007 data) Series 2 is column chart 2008 data Series 3 is column chart 2007 avg Series 4 is a column chart 2008 avg Series 5 is a line chart (32,0 benchmark) Series 6 is a line chart (points to column chart for 2007 avg, I then add text to right to explain the column) Series 7 is a line chart (points to column chart for 2008 avg, I then add text to right to explain the column) I would like the column charts for 2007 and 2008 data to be flush to the origin (12 data points each year) I would like the ...