Updating a table from Form Entry

I have a form that pops up when a user clicks a button to Print said form.
The form is for the user to enter the name of the table and any footnotes for
that particular form, this form is connected to a table that stores this
information for everytime the report is printed. THe problem I having is that
when the user enters the information and clicks [PRINT] the report is blank,
when I open the table the info the user has entered has not updated onto the
table yet. Is there a way so that when the user clicks [PRINT] the footnote
table will update BEFORE the report prints?

Larry
--
Never give up, the answer IS out there, it just takes a while to find it
sometimes!

On Aug 7, 2:34 pm, Larry G. <Lar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a form that pops up when a user clicks a button to Print said form.
> The form is for the user to enter the name of the table and any footnotes for
> that particular form, this form is connected to a table that stores this
> information for everytime the report is printed. THe problem I having is that
> when the user enters the information and clicks [PRINT] the report is blank,
> when I open the table the info the user has entered has not updated onto the
> table yet. Is there a way so that when the user clicks [PRINT] the footnote
> table will update BEFORE the report prints?
>
> Larry
> --
> Never give up, the answer IS out there, it just takes a while to find it
> sometimes!

did you try Me.Dirty=False before printing to force the save to occur
before the printing begins?

0
pietlinden

Items options table name???
I am trying to find the name of the table that holds the "item option" settings. It is located under configuration-->options tab. This is where you check or uncheck configuration settings of the pos software and the folders are called Customer options, General options, Item option, POS options, and so on. Thanks Dave Dave - look in dbo.configuration; there's a couple of entries for "options", but I don't know off the top of my head the specific options tracked. I have not seen a separate table that tracks "options". Hope this helps... "D...

Auto-update Fill Series in column that has randomly spaced blank c
Hi, I have a worksheet of projects listed by quarter. A cell (say A6) contains QTR 1, followed by cells in column A filled with a series (1,2,3...say up to 12). Then comes a blank row followed by a row containing words "QTR 2" and then the fill series continues from where it left under QTR 1 i.e. 13,14,15...say up to 18. And so on for QTR 3 and QTR 4. When a new project is added, I want to be able to add a row and with minimal steps, want the fill series below this added new project, to update. When I delete a row (project), I want the fill series to automatically ...

Sorting pivot table by specific field (column)
Hey guys (and girls), Anyone know how to sort a pivot table by a specific field (not the total sum of the fields)? For instance, if I have 5 years of data 2002-6 and 20 countries. If I make a pivot table of these I get 21 rows (the countries + total) and 6 columns for years (5 years of data + total). If I use the Field Settings --> Advanced --> Sort by field the Pivot table (PT) will be sorted by the sum of the different fields. What if I don't want this, but rater want to sort it by for instance year 2003. How do I do that? Anyone have a nice and clever solution? Much appreciated...

Form not populating
Hello all... I have a edit record form, which was working, until I added record navigation buttons to the form (memberinfo) that has the edit record button that opens it. I'm not sure where the problem is, but the eidt record form no longer populates the information. The filter shows the correct info, but the text boxes are all blank. Here is the code for the edit record button on the memberinfo form. -------------------------- Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "EditMemberInfo" stLinkCriteria = "[MembershipNumber]=...

Continuous Form Use
I created a form similar to an Access form. It's for logging in phone calls and messages. Is there a way to set it up like in Access where a single form appears on 1 page but can generate subsequent pages within the file? Or is setting it up as a table the only way it can be done? Our IT contractor doesn't want me to use Access otherwise this would be a breeze. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks. You can spawn forms off a form, and access the data on that form. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ryjack" <ryjack@disc...

Duplicate entries
I have a column with many numbers that are duplicates. How can excel help me get rid of the duplicates with out doing each individual line one at a time? One way .. Assume the numbers are in col A, in A2 down Put in B2: =IF(COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2)>1,"X","") Copy B2 down This'll flag all duplicates in col A with an "X" Now do a Data > Filter > Autofilter on col B (put a label in B1 first) In the droplist in B1, select "X" This filters out all the duplicate rows Select the row headers for the duplicates (this will be all the "blue...

Table Cell
I have created a form using a table. I want to lock or block cells that should not be changed. How do you do this? ...

How to show a count of Unique IDs in a Pivot Table
Is there a way to use Pivot tables in a way that shows a count of Unique IDs (over time). The problem I am having in using the Pivot table to show trended data, is that the "Count" option produces a count of each record that has any information, when oftentimes I simply need a count of unique IDs. So the below Column would have a count of 3 Names, when I prefer for it to produce a count of 1 Name. Any recommendations would be appreciated..... Name --------- David David David Excel 2007 PivotTable Count Unique IDs http://www.mediafire.com/file/dgmmaznjyy2/06_21_09.xlsx Thanks ve...

Multi Table Inser Query
Hello ... im new to Access so i need some expert help. im creating an application for my organization where i have this one form in which i collect all the required data and need to save it in table but the problem it this form is connected to to different tables. how can i save the data via query on one click to two different tables ? If you have several tables, each with essentially the same fields, and you need to connect up your form to different tables at different times, you have not built a database. That kind of thing might make sense in a spreadsheet, where you create a sheet ...

Microsoft Office 2003 Updates
I am able to download but not install the following updates - Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB975958), Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3), and Update for Office 2003 (KB907417). For each failure I receive the same error code - 0x80070643. I have tried to download the Genuine Microsoft Tool to validate my Office 2003 Software but it won't download. I have tried to use logs to find the specific error but it does not work. Can anyone help me? I am no longer able to open Outlook 2003. -- Thank you. Lucy Description of the update for Office ...

Print button on Report form
Hi all :-) =20 Access 2007 Pro Plus, Vista Ultimate SP2 I am preparing a small app for a friend who is handicapped, and am = trying to make things as simple as possible for them to use. I am trying = to limit the number of functions and clicks necessary to accomplish = tasks as much as possible, and would like to try an idea. I want to add a small button on the report form that will print the = report when clicked. I have done this on display forms to print as a = report, but, not on a report form. In trying to add such a button to the = report form in 2007 I am not being offered...

Caleder updation
Hi experts, We're installing Win2003+Exchange2003+Outlook2003. We are facing the problem that Exchange does not refresh user's caleder until he/she opens Outlook. Of course we know this is MS's specification. But we are now using web-based e-mail system and its "realtime refreshed" calender. So we have to show users our solution for it. Your any advise or comment is highly appresicated. Which web-based e-mail system are you using? Outlook Web Access? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "hanchan" &l...

User forms #4
Rather than linking excel to a VB front end, how powerful are the VB userforms? If I want to create a front end of my excel workbook with sheets which will just display information that the cells calculate th how hard would this be? I also want to try and hide the fact that it is an excel spreadsheet? Thanks in advance Padrai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Shouldn't be too hard, especially if you know VB! To hide the fact the file is in excel you can do things such as hidin worksheets and also hiding toolbars when the worbook_open event i triggered. This can al...

Test linked form for data
Hi Groupies How can I test to see if a linked form, that might not be visible, has data? My main form has a yes/no box that enables a button when it is set to yes. The button opens a linked form. When the user moves to the next record, I would like the main forms BeforeUpdate event to make sure that the yes/no box is not set at No while there is data in the linked form for that record. I have tried something like: If Me.Form.frmVehicles.RecordsetClone.RecordCount > 0 And Me.CompanyVehicle = False Then Cancel = True MsgBox "Please check vehicles", vbOKOnly Me.f...

Incorrect GL account defaulting on Billing Transaction Entry
There is no GL account associated with my Tax Schedule. when I use customer having the same Tax Schedule I am getting 000-2300-00 (IL State Sales tax payable) account assigned on the Billing Taransaction Entry Distribution Screen on Project Account Module. Can anyone tell me why it is taking account number eventhough I have not associated any GL to the tax schedule. Thanks for help It is probably looking into the Posting Accounts Setup table for the taxes account (in the Sales group). In the demo company, this is set to the IL, State Sales Tax Payable account. These types of traces (...

Preserve format in pivot table
I have a pivot table where I formated the numbers using the "accounting" format. When I refresh the table, it goes back to the "general" format. How do I keep the "accounting" format when I refresh? Thanks Things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. Set the pivot table to preserve formatting: --On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Table Options --Add a check mark to 'Preserve formatting', click OK Depending on your version of Excel, you ...

Pivot table sorting #2
Hello, I have a pivot table report for partnumber and values. This report is based on a database containing details like partnumber source import flag Description total value... etc. In my report i would like to sort the table in descending order of total value. I have tried advanced option by double clicking the total value field and changing the autosorting option to descending(total). But i am not getting the required result. My version of excel is Microsoft office excel 2003. Pivot table report is given below Source (All) Imp (All) Sub (All) Description (All) ...

Try on corrective update
--bedhrrmk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="hjpjsgpgnoozjuaed"; type="multipart/alternative" --hjpjsgpgnoozjuaed Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hvvdwctiv" --hvvdwctiv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prote...

Export Access pivot table to Excel
Hi, I am looking for a fix in below code, probably addition to it. I'm trying to export a query from ACCESS 2003 to EXCEL 2003. Default out put format of query is pivot table. I want to export same to excel. I do that each time with the export button which generates a temp file which I have to save all the time by naming it. So far I have managed to export only the data sheet. I'm stuck with the pivot table portion. These few lines I found while browsing and changed them w.r.t. my requirements. Code is below: ---------------------- Public Sub TransferReport()...

Query by Form: Output to Listbox?
Hi, I have been asked to look at a database at work that has a query by form where the user can select a table to query. There are three columns of boxes on the form. The first column are drop-down combo boxes that allow the user to select the fields depending upon the table selected above. The next column of five are for the comparison operators (<,>, etc) and the third column of five boxes are text boxes where the criteria values are typed. There is one connector box that has two values: OR or AND. The form works and displays the query in a table view. This is the code behind the but...

Automatically update pivot table when switching to sheet that the pivot table is in
What would the code be to automatically refresh a pivot table when you open the sheet that the pivot table is in? Today, I changed data in the sheet that the pivot table draws from and forgot to refresh the pivot table. Fortunately, I caught my error in time and refreshed the table before I gave it to the boss. I would like the pivot table to refresh whenever I switch to the sheet that the pivot table is in. Thanks Try using the Worksheet_Activate event to update the PivotTable like: Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() PivotTables("PivotTable1").RefreshTable End Sub hth, jay <b...

Office 2008 updates too problematic
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel After hours and hours of frustrating work trying most of the suggestions on these forums to get updates to install, I finally have the simplest of solutions: Don't even entertain the novel concept you need or want a custom install of Office. That's it. That's the new rule. DON'T CUSTOMIZE YOUR MAC (or at least not your Mac Office) !! I know, I know. Like me, some of you may THINK you don't need Portugese Proofing Tools and you may actually PREFER not to load Microsoft Messenger, but trust me, YOU'...

Kit Components in SOP and Inventory Tables
We have inventory items that we sell as a kit and as individual components. I use Access to query data from SQL tables and am able to get info quicker and more detailed than in Smart List. This works well for many of our sales and commission reports. In order to get accurate reports in the past by inv item # I query all line items that have an extended price > zero, this eliminates the kit components, but includes the kit item and the items we sell as individual components. The tables I am currently using are RM00101, SOP30200, SOP30300, IV00101 - where ITMGEDSC = "lens or len...

how to delete or remove checkbox form control in Excel?
I am having a hard time getting rid of form control checkboxes in Excel. Is there some simpe way to get the rid of the */#x things? Right click and cut dosen't work. it seems almost impossible to delete the things after they are added. Most often you end up creating a copy of one instead of getting rid of one. Help! They are more trouble than they are worth. Are these from the control toolbox toolbar? If yes, then click on the design mode icon first. Then delete the checkbox. Remember to toggle that design mode icon when you're done. tubbekans wrote: > > I am ha...

Will not update
I am running Microsoft Vista 32bit sp1. I had to replace hard drive due to problems when computer was made. Hard drive was sent directly to me from dell with all the operating systems programs and files that were on the computer when it was bought. Since then I have not been able to update Vista, Microsoft Office or any other program that came on the pc. I tried to reload Vista with the OS disc and the pc is showing that it is a blank dvd, but its the same disc that came with the pc from dell. The pc also randomly goes to a blue screen and says its "collecting data for memor...