Updated records in forms

Each record in a form is a work order. School, contractor, days of work, etc.
 I have a pop up calendar to select a week ending date for each record.
Record 1's week ending date is Nov 13, 2009.  Record 2's week ending date is
Nov 20, 2009.

When I change the date in record 2, it's changing the date in record 1.
Each record's week ending date become all records' week ending date?

Can I use a pop up calendar in a record and be able to retain the correct
week ending date for each record.  If so, how would I be able to accomplish
this?

Thanks for your input.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Take a look at the control source for the field containing the date.
It sounds like you may have the field unbound which will accept a
value but will not change based on the changing the current record. If
the ControlSource is blank, you need to update this to show the field
name for the corresponding field in your data table.

HTH

0
techrat

National City auto-update
I used to be able to have Microsfot Money automatically download transactions from my accounts. Now whenever it goes to check it says it failed. I tried setting it up again but it prompts me "National City Requires a Password Change", but no matter what I enter in these boxes it says the password/pin is incorrect. I called National City and they said there wasn't anything wrong with my account. What should I do? In microsoft.public.money, Josh wrote: >I used to be able to have Microsfot Money automatically download transactions >from my accounts. Now whenever i...

Journal not recording #2
I have noticed several posts about the Outlook Journal not recording for one reason or another. All have gone unanswered. Has anyone ever come up with a solution to this problem? I missed those posts. Mine works fine in Outlook 2003 and did also in 2002 as long as I hit the exit and save. Are the problems people not able to enter data and find it again or what ? -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:732c01c401fe$25218050$a101280a@phx.gbl... >I have noticed sever...

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Stripping Blank Characters form Imported Data
I am trying to verify 2 worksheets full of data. One has been imported from Visual Basic and the other from Business Object. The Business object sheet, brings over the entire field not just the charaters needed. Example: For the city field there are 50 characters available. If you use Nashville, the Business Object brings over 50 characters where the Visual Basic brings over 9. When trying to find descrepancies, this brings back a false positive if the city is the same. Is there a way to manipulate that data when it is sent to Excel? The easiest way to deal with this would be to find...

Trouble with Forms based authentication in OWA
I am having some problems in setting up OWA with forms based authentication. From my understanding it should work like this: I go to my usual address http://<myserverdomain>/Exchange and I will be directed to the Forms Based Authentication login screen. Once I am there I can choose basic or premium function in OWA and once I authenticate I should be able to access OWA without any other login prompts. Well none of that is happening. Here is what I have done so far. 1. Enabled Forms based authentication in Exchange System manager. 2. Verified that that Authenticated Users group has Read...

Query by Form Problem 06-19-07
I'm using QBF with about six different combo boxes using: [forms]! [formmain]! [combo1] or [forms]![formmain1]![combo1] -like in a VBA book. This is so users can select criteria on a form with the combo boxes, and when they are done, they hit the search button, and it opens up another form based on the query just performed by the combo selection. This worked for about three combo boxes, but when I added another one, it freezes up and opens up a blank page. It's supposed to open the new form based on the query. Is there a better way to do this? I've looked exhaustive...

Current Record Source
I have the following Function in a module and using on a toolbar. It works well on the open form which the toolbar is assigned to. The current Record Source of my form is qryAll. I want to use this Function on several other forms each with a different Record Source. How do I go about using a variable as the Record Source changes? I don't want to create a separate toolbar for every form. Any help appreciated. Function QTagProduct() On Error GoTo QTagProduct_Err Dim strWhere As String Dim strMsg As String With CodeContextObject strWhere = "...

click on page form tab to filter subform
I have page tab with following names: Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate. I would like to have subform only show the rates for each page tab. How do I go about doing this. I am new to VBA and from reading all the threads, I can't seem to find the one that fits my exact need. Please explain step-by-step since I am new. Let me know if I need to provide more details. Thank you. Hi Kris Presumably you have a field in the RecordSource of your subform that contains one of the three values (Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate) or some other text or code that corresponds to these values....

Table relationships
I've created a database with about 15 tables for a participant data in a research study. Each participant will complete the 15 assessment measures. My ultimate goal is to create a data entry system whereby a research assistant can pull up a form and enter an ID number, plus the answers to the 15 assessment measures. I know I can create a query to combine all the tables, but it seems like the research assistant would have to enter the id and date 15 times (once for each table pulled in to the query). Is there a way to just enter the ID number one time and have it apply t...

"Optional" output of a Public Type record
Hi, I have subs and functions that take in and update public type records. No problem when: Sub Name(InRec As uTypaA, more args..... Is there a way to optionally write a public type ? VBA won't allow: Sub Name(Arg1, Arg2, optional uRec As uType = ??? I guess since there's no constant value to assign to the fields. I get the late bound error msg when I tried this: Sub Name(prior args....., optional uRec as variant = "") Dim uWantRec As KnownType uRec = uWantRec I can guess VBA must know the Type to initialize the fields....

SQL to update Item.LastCounted based on PhysicalInventory.CloseTime
Because of a bug/deficiency/oversight in a third party inventory counting application , I did a bunch of physical inventories that did not update the Item.LastCounted field. I need this field updated so I can see the correct date each item was counted last. I am willing to do a seperate SQL statement for each physical inventory sheet for which I have the problem. For example, I want to take each item in the PhysicalInventoryEntry table with PhysicalInventory.Code = '0000057' (or whatever the code is) and set Item.LastCounted = PhysicalInventory.CloseTime. I am not great at SQ...

Lock and Unlock a Form
I have read many of the other posts in regards to locking and unlocking forms but i am still unable to get it to do what i want. Let me explain my setup. I am working on form to help capture incidents that we have. Each form can have up to 4 subforms. 1 subform is embedded on the main form and the others are on tabs and can be opened using an option group. I have one main number as a key to group all the forms together in a 1-1 relationship. On the main form I have added a combo box with "open" and "close" to help prevent accidental erasing of already entered recor...

No sound after updating SP2 for Vista
Hi,sorry if this is a duplicate post,but I'm not sure mine posted the first time,it's not coming up in my searches. My Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop automatically informed me of an important update last night,and I went ahead and clicked through it and restarted.It had me download the SP2 for Vista and install it,but when I turned my computer back on after the requisite restart,my computer wasn't making any sound whatsoever.I tried using the volume toggle on the taskbar,I tried pressing the volume and mute buttons on my laptop and playing with the volume sliders in eac...

Todays Date that does not update
I created a macro and a button that when clicked it entered todays date in a cell, which is what I wanted. I used "Today( )". Problem is the date keeps updating to todays date and I want it to stay the date I entered it in. Is there some other value or formula to do this so it does not update everyday? Thanks!! You need to enter the date itself. Any function will always update to the current date. Ctrl+; will enter the current date in a cell. In VBA, use Range("A1").Value = Date -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

Form with adding
Hello I want to create a form for people who use a cabin The columns titles are: name, number of nights, age group, $ per night, then total $'s The $'s per night depends on the age group. It's $10 for ages 0-12, $20 for 13-18, and $30 for 19+. I'm doing a drop down menu for the age groups. Based on their choice, I want the $'s per night to come up automatically in the next column My questions are 1) Is it best to be doing this in Excel, or should I use Word 2) Assuming Excel, how do I set up the $'s per night based on the drop down menu selection 3) I'd like ...

How to detect when user switches between open forms?
The user can have multiple non-modal, restored, forms open at once and can switch between them as they want, often by just clicking on their titlebars. These forms are all instances of F_URL. I am using Vista, Access 2007. How do I run a routine anytime the user switches form? F_URL.GotFocus doesn't fire because the Focus event only fires for the particular control that has the focus on the form, and, there are many such possible controls. F_URL.Activate doesn't fire. So, four possibilities as far as I can see: 1. There is probably some obvious event that I'm ju...

Can't get automatic updates to work
I get this message: [Error number: 0x8DDD0018] The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed) To make sure these services are running: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Type servic...

Conditional Formatting for Image box on Continuous Forms
Hello again, This problem is driving me crazy. I am a car enthusiast and love taking photos of classic cars. I have a table which describes the make and model in a series of fields. There are several fields that contain a reference to photos of those cars. Ie: the fields are called "Front" "Side" "Rear" "Angle". My form has four image boxes to display the images stored in these fields. But when I open the form all the records show the images of the first car only. I asked about this a few days ago and was advised to check out http://www.lebans.co...

Birthday and Anniversary Records
I am new to Access and am responbsible for mailing out birthday and anniversary cards for our company. I have a table with employee names, address, DOH and DOB. I want to keep record of the date I mailed these cards out. Would I create another table to record those dates? Would that table include the employee name, card type and mailing date? If I enter the mailing date in a form, how does the form record the date in the table with that table? Yes, another table is required. I hope you have an EmployeeID in the employee table, because you shouldn't store employee name in two pl...

money2004 hanging on updates
I upgraded from money2003 to money2004 last night, then went to online updates. The program can download my bank transactions but when it gets to "updating securities and news" it hangs. I cancel, and it hangs on "cancelling call". I end up having to cont-alt-del and restart money. Happens every time. Any suggestions or is it a server problem? thanks in advance In microsoft.public.money, jeff wrote: >I upgraded from money2003 to money2004 last night, then >went to online updates. The program can download my bank >transactions but when it gets to &q...

How to disable the "implicit mx record" in Exchange
I am having a problem with exchange sending to hosts in recipient domains where these hosts are not actually mail servers. After a lot of review of the SMTP logs, I realized that sometimes Exchange is sending to the correct MX record host, and sometimes it is sending to the host with the A record for the actual domain. When I say the record for the domain, I mean an A record that refences the bare domain name rather than an individual host in the domain. So when Exchange gets a DNS timeout looking up an MX record, it falls back to sending to the domain A record. This causes an immed...

Sound Play and Record
Win XP I have an onboard sound card toggled through the BIOS and also an On-Board sound card. With the onboard sound "enabled" Play works and Record works intermittently using MS Sound Recorder. With the onboard sound "disabled" I get the message: "Another application is play audio" when attempting to record or play. This seems completely backward. Running "Troubleshoot Sound" currently the microphone is recognized. Searching the internet yield a number of post indicating that XP Sound Record seems to be intermittent ...

How do i print an excel file in the form of a booklet?
I have a list of phone numbers and addresse that I need to print in the form of a small booklet that I can carry in my purse. How do I print it? What program and how to set it up? Also I want ohotos on the left and data on the right side pages. I'm not sure excel is the best application for this kind of thing. I'm sure you could do it (after a few hours/days/months of frustration!), but maybe you could find a better application by searching google. Or even put the data into MSWord and use that for all the nice formatting. shireen wrote: > > I have a list of p...

Form now Sub-Form, Query Broken
I recently posted this problem in "Forms" (Lost Focus of Form 7/27) thinking that was the problem, but recently discovered the problem appears to be in the query(ies). I've dropped a from into a form that has multiple tabs/pages to consolidate things. The other - now sub-forms still function as before, but this one retrieves records from the archive and drops them in the the main employee table. The following pops up as an input box - Forms.Archive.track I found this in one of the queries where: Field: Track - its the unique identifier for the employee table Table: E...