Update textbox on form

The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform "NewJobsSubform",
the first sets the rowsource of the second and also sets a default value in
the second. The second event sets the value in the text box "Sell" to the
price associated with the RepProduct in cboRepProduct - collected from the
table "RepairProducts".

"Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
    On Error Resume Next

    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _
        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & _
        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"

    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
    Me.cboRepProduct.Requery

End Sub"

"Private Sub cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate()
    On Error GoTo Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate

    Me!Sell = DLookup("SellPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" &
Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")

    Me!Buy = DLookup("BuyPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" &
Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")

Exit_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
    Exit Sub

Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_ProductID_AfterUpdate

End Sub"

The problem is that if a user accepts the default value inserted into
cboRepProduct, then the price is not inserted into textbox "Sell", if
however the user selects the drop-down menu and selects any value (even the
one that was default) the correct price is inserted into textbox "Sell".

I know that I can simply delete the line - 'Me.cboRepProduct =
Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)' from the "cboCatName_AfterUpdate" event - but
I would like to keep it if possible.

How can I force the "Sell" textbox to be filled otherwise?

Sandy

0
Sandy
12/28/2007 7:49:39 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Once you "pre-set" the value of the combo programatically, simply call its
AfterUpdate.

    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
    cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate

I believe the requery is unnecessary. Setting the rowsource automatically
refills/requeries the combo. (Even so, I'd think you would want to Requery
it before setting it to ItemData(0), not after).

--
HTH,
George

"Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform "NewJobsSubform",
> the first sets the rowsource of the second and also sets a default value
> in the second. The second event sets the value in the text box "Sell" to
> the price associated with the RepProduct in cboRepProduct - collected from
> the table "RepairProducts".
>
> "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
>    On Error Resume Next
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _
>        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & _
>        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>    Me.cboRepProduct.Requery
>
> End Sub"
>
> "Private Sub cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate()
>    On Error GoTo Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate
>
>    Me!Sell = DLookup("SellPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" &
> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>
>    Me!Buy = DLookup("BuyPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" &
> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>
> Exit_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>    Exit Sub
>
> Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>    MsgBox Err.Description
>    Resume Exit_ProductID_AfterUpdate
>
> End Sub"
>
> The problem is that if a user accepts the default value inserted into
> cboRepProduct, then the price is not inserted into textbox "Sell", if
> however the user selects the drop-down menu and selects any value (even
> the one that was default) the correct price is inserted into textbox
> "Sell".
>
> I know that I can simply delete the line - 'Me.cboRepProduct =
> Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)' from the "cboCatName_AfterUpdate" event -
> but I would like to keep it if possible.
>
> How can I force the "Sell" textbox to be filled otherwise?
>
> Sandy

0
George
12/28/2007 8:35:17 PM
Hi Sandy,
I assume you have some code on the AfterUpdate event for cboRepProduct that
sets the value of txtbox Sell.
Change the following code as indicated:

> "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
>    On Error Resume Next
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _
>        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & _
>        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>    Me.cboRepProduct.Requery
>
> End Sub"

 "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
    On Error Resume Next

    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _
        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & _
        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"

    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
    Call Me.cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate()

 End Sub"

Jeanette Cunningham

"Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform "NewJobsSubform",
> the first sets the rowsource of the second and also sets a default value
> in the second. The second event sets the value in the text box "Sell" to
> the price associated with the RepProduct in cboRepProduct - collected from
> the table "RepairProducts".
>
> "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
>    On Error Resume Next
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _
>        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & _
>        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>    Me.cboRepProduct.Requery
>
> End Sub"
>
> "Private Sub cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate()
>    On Error GoTo Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate
>
>    Me!Sell = DLookup("SellPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" &
> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>
>    Me!Buy = DLookup("BuyPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" &
> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>
> Exit_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>    Exit Sub
>
> Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>    MsgBox Err.Description
>    Resume Exit_ProductID_AfterUpdate
>
> End Sub"
>
> The problem is that if a user accepts the default value inserted into
> cboRepProduct, then the price is not inserted into textbox "Sell", if
> however the user selects the drop-down menu and selects any value (even
> the one that was default) the correct price is inserted into textbox
> "Sell".
>
> I know that I can simply delete the line - 'Me.cboRepProduct =
> Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)' from the "cboCatName_AfterUpdate" event -
> but I would like to keep it if possible.
>
> How can I force the "Sell" textbox to be filled otherwise?
>
> Sandy

0
Jeanette
12/28/2007 8:43:49 PM
Perfect George

Thank you
Sandy

"George Nicholson" <GeorgeNJunk@Junkmsn.com> wrote in message
> Once you "pre-set" the value of the combo programatically, simply call its
> AfterUpdate.
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>    cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate
>

> I believe the requery is unnecessary. Setting the rowsource automatically
> refills/requeries the combo. (Even so, I'd think you would want to Requery
> it before setting it to ItemData(0), not after).
>

> --
> HTH,
> George
>

> "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform
>> "NewJobsSubform", the first sets the rowsource of the second and also
>> sets a default value in the second. The second event sets the value in
>> the text box "Sell" to the price associated with the RepProduct in
>> cboRepProduct - collected from the table "RepairProducts".
>>
>> "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
>>    On Error Resume Next
>>
>>    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" &
>> _
>>        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " &
>> _
>>        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"
>>
>>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>>    Me.cboRepProduct.Requery
>>
>> End Sub"
>>
>> "Private Sub cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate()
>>    On Error GoTo Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate
>>
>>    Me!Sell = DLookup("SellPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" &
>> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>>
>>    Me!Buy = DLookup("BuyPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" &
>> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>>
>> Exit_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>>    Exit Sub
>>
>> Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>>    MsgBox Err.Description
>>    Resume Exit_ProductID_AfterUpdate
>>
>> End Sub"
>>
>> The problem is that if a user accepts the default value inserted into
>> cboRepProduct, then the price is not inserted into textbox "Sell", if
>> however the user selects the drop-down menu and selects any value (even
>> the one that was default) the correct price is inserted into textbox
>> "Sell".
>>
>> I know that I can simply delete the line - 'Me.cboRepProduct =
>> Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)' from the "cboCatName_AfterUpdate" event -
>> but I would like to keep it if possible.
>>
>> How can I force the "Sell" textbox to be filled otherwise?
>>
>> Sandy

0
Sandy
12/28/2007 8:47:35 PM
Thanks Jeanette - pretty much the same suggestion as George - so it must be
the answer ;-)

Sandy

"Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>
>>    Me!Buy = DLookup("BuyPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" &
>> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>>
>> Exit_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>>    Exit Sub
>>
>> Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>>    MsgBox Err.Description
>>    Resume Exit_ProductID_AfterUpdate
>>
>> End Sub"
>>
>> The problem is that if a user accepts the default value inserted into
>> cboRepProduct, then the price is not inserted into textbox "Sell", if
>> however the user selects the drop-down menu and selects any value (even
>> the one that was default) the correct price is inserted into textbox
>> "Sell".
>>
>> I know that I can simply delete the line - 'Me.cboRepProduct =
>> Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)' from the "cboCatName_AfterUpdate" event -
>> but I would like to keep it if possible.
>>
>> How can I force the "Sell" textbox to be filled otherwise?

0
Sandy

phone textbox default value problem
I have a phone field and I have a default area code set and when I tab to the field the area code is highlighted and I have to click off of it to enter data. How can I have it so when I tab to the field I can immediatly start typing the phone number after the area code? If the area code is different than the default I figure I could just back space and change it. 90% of the time the default will be correct. I have the input mask as !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ and the default value as (916), I am leaving the formatting info in because I have to import the data and it has the...

Business Contact Manager 2003 Database Update
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3962C.16F7ECA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear All, I have what I believe a serious problem here. I have been using Outlook = 2003 with Business Contact Manager when it was in Beta 2 and even after = the Technical Refresh. Now, after both are released, I need to use the = BCM database that I have populated. The problem is that the database = cannot be backed up and then restored to the RTM BCM. It keeps telling = me that the version is differen...

edit a form entry with a macro
Version: 2008 I have a macro that opens up a form. It opens it at record 1. how can i get it to go to a specific record using the macro. eg the record name is in cell A1 and I click a button called EDIT ENTRY which triggers the macro Sorry, this is NOT Twitter. Without a specific description of how you made the form (what's in it...) and a look at your macro code, we can't help. It takes HOURS to try to second-guess what you might be doing and type out three or four variations of solution, one of which may fit your needs. On 22/12/09 4:47 AM, in article 59baf83f.-1@web...

Validating Data on a Form with a subForm
I have a form with subforms with data validation in the main Form's Before_Update Event. The problem that I am encountering is when the user has not updated all required data but enters the subform the Form Before_Update Event fires and the validation will fail. Is there a way to know what the next object has been selected might be or how I would not perform the Form's validation when the subform has been selected? Any help will be appreciated!!! No. Access saves the main form's record at the point when you move from the main form into the subform. Any record that fails v...

error when moving through recs on form
I'm getting an error message that appears when scrolling through records on a form I built, but only certain records. This just started happening. I can't figure out what triggers the error, i.e. what field/value causes it (looked for patterns like null values in a field, etc.), and the error itself doesn't make sense to me. The error "The value you entered isn't valid for this field" fires when moving onto certain records. But I'm not entering any data (I understand, for example, that if I entered text into a number field that's the error I would get). T...

Form to search
I have just imported a list of addresses and design a form which is linked and i can add and change the lists via the form. But i would like to be able for so one who uses the database to be able to open it and use the form to also search through the database to find a certain address and amend if needed. Many thanks Niel, Put a button on the Form header and add this code into the Click event: rst.MoveFirst Do Until rst.EOF rst.Edit rst![mCheck] = 0 rst.Update rst.MoveNext Loop rst.Close Set rst = Nothing If you want to alternate from check to unchecked change line, rst!...

Microsoft Update Agent fails to install
When I try to manualy update Vista basic it first wants me to update the Update Agent to ver. 7.4.7600.226. This update fails with error 8007005 and I can not do any system updates. Have searched this group and the entire web for answer to this problem for at least 4 hours without success. Any help wold be ppreciated... On Nov 15, 3:00=A0pm, MichaelY <michaely1...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I try to manualy update Vista basic it first wants me to update > the Update Agent to ver. 7.4.7600.226. This update fails with error > 8007005 and I can not do any system updates. ...

enter data to different tables through one form
i have 5 tables. all of them has pers_no as primary key. they have one to one relation ship through the primary key amongest them. i want to create one form having a text box pers_no where i will enter the data and i want the data to get entered in each table. so how i am not able to do that. i request all you guys to help me. thank you. Sorry for the bad news, but that's not the right way to use Access. You cannot write to 5 tables from one form like that. If you are subclassing, you could create a form for entering the main form info, and then 5 subforms (probably on tab pages) f...

Two tables, one form
I have a form that I created in AC2003. This form will merge info from two tables. So I assigned Table1 as the source for the form, inserted all of the columns from Table 1. Next, I changed to source for the form to Table2 and again inserted all of the columns from Table2 onto the form. I then changed the name of all Table2 columns to precede it with an "n". i.e. FirstName became nFirstName. All source for those items for Table2 were changed to have no source. Again, the source for the form is Table1. I lookup a row in Table1 in Table2 and if a match is found, ...

Windows xp updates question
When I try to update Windows XP IE will not load page. It's as if the page didn't exist. I go click on 'Tools/Window Update' but the MS update page will not be found. How can I fix this? Tony Alpha wrote: > When I try to update Windows XP IE will not load page. It's as if > the page didn't exist. I go click on 'Tools/Window Update' but the > MS update page will not be found. > > How can I fix this? Windows XP _____ Edition with Service Pack _ __-Bit? Internet Explorer version _? Assuming some 32-bit version of Windows XP...

How to update one form when closing another ?
I have two forms open. frmPeople has the Focus frmAccount does not. frmAccount has subFormPeopleList I add a new person to frmPeople (which is linked to frmAccount) Question 1: When I close frmPeople I want to update frmAccount so the new person shows in subFormPeopleList Quetion 2: But I'm also wondering if I add code to the "close event" for frmPeople to update frmAccount What will this do if frmAccount is not open? Will it add the person twice? I'm guessing not as updating a form doesn't really add data to the table... right? Thanks for any help. Mel Thanks...

"Matchcode update" jobs again
Hi again. I've currently got 76.000+ system jobs of type "Matchcode update" in my CRM database, increasing all the time. All in all there are probably 200 accounts and maybe 400 contact records in this system. My database backup is over 200 megs already, and I', pretty sure most of it is "Matchcode update"s. Can I just a) turn that thing off (recurring job); what would it actually mean (i.e. what does it really do)? Or b) make it *not* store a new row in system jobs everytime it is executed? This just seems way stupid to me... TIA, Antti Kurenniemi The...

Updating physical inventory with Portable scanner
I have MS POS 1.2 and one lane. I recently purchased a Falcon PT40 scanner for inventory purposes. I want to do a physical inventory of all the items i have in my store and upload it into MS POS. How can accomplish this? How do i setup the PT40? And how do i import the data into my database so it will be updated? Any help on this will be greatly appreciate Ok, i was able to setup the Flacon PT40 portable scanner and was able to get the item lookup code and quantity. For example, it looks something like below in a text file(notepad). Item look up code Quantity 012345 ...

PO notes to POP PO Blank Form
There is a TK, 858264, that tells how to add notes to the POP Blank form. Is there a limit to how many notes you can add this way? I have added 14, but when I add the 15th I get an illegal syntax error. Is there a limit to the number of notes I can add? thanks -- Doug Doug, I believe this is a limitation of the PO report itself. We had trouble in the past when trying to link to many tables, or place to much data in the PO report. We would get the same error you are receiving. "Doug" wrote: > There is a TK, 858264, that tells how to add notes to the POP Blank form....

update data alert using = today()
Hi i am looking to create a date function that alerts me to when 6 months has passed and tells me I need to update my data. You need a start date to compare it to. Elvira Stewart wrote: > Hi i am looking to create a date function that alerts me to when 6 > months has passed and tells me I need to update my data. ok so far i created the date to compare it to by doing =3DTODAY()- DATEVALUE("6/1/2009"), so I can have a count down to six months from now---so is there an if function i can do? eg: if this cell =3D0 day count down inform me that I need to update T...

prevent auto filling of web forms
I have a web site with a contact form in it. It keeps getting filled in with junk, mostly instead of the actual names and addresses etc, there are random links to web sites. I whave tried a captcha thing but couldn't get it to work. Also I find these a bit annoying and untidy. I have heard that you can set questions that only a human can answer but I am unsure how to do this . I can insert the question, ie, are you human? or insert the underlined word in the box. The problem comes with getting the form to be rejected if the answer is incorrect Please help. Requires server ...

Using If formula or function to open and update a 2nd sheet
Good afternoon Firstly I am a newbie to excel . I am trying to get excel to update a specific sheet "IF" the input is lets say Pam or Tim . i.e First sheet is my input sheet, 2nd ,3rd and upwards are my customers (Pam, Tim, Fred etc) As the orders come in I need to fill in the input sheet under columns (headings) Name date , amount etc Is it then possible for a function to check this input and say (do) ... If name = Pam , then goto Pam's sheet and add same info to Pam's sheet but if input name was Fred, then go to Fred sheet instead and add input here ? IF this is...

Empty sub-form???
Three forms, a parent, "DirectoryItems" and two sub-forms, "FamDirItems" and "PermissionBoxes". When ANY of the controls in "FamDirItems" get the focus, Sub ShiftPB (code below) is called to change the vertical location of the 2nd sub-form and its filter expression. However, the resulting sub-form becomes empty. When I run essentially the identical code in the code-sheet of the sub-form with a series of values, entered via InputBox, as substitutes for Me.FamilyID the form displays according to the value I entered and perfect in every way. Is there som...

Installing Critical Updates...
I'm running the Belarc Advisor for a full inventory of my system and it is telling me that there are a few Critical and Important updates I must have marked as hidden a long time ago. I'm interested in getting a clean bill of health from Belarc and want to install all of the previously missed updates. How can I install one given update without restoring all the hidden updates? Thanks! Ross ross m. greenberg wrote: > I'm running the Belarc Advisor for a full inventory of my system > and it is telling me that there are a few Critical and Important > up...

Concatenate form fields and include linefeed
Access 2003 Question. I want to concatenate some table fields into a single text field in a report. Basic concatenation works OK but I cannot get linefeeds to work. Every way I try I just get square boxes and no line feeds. Will very much appreciate it if I can get either confirmation that it can't be done or preferrably how to achieve. -- Regards, OssieMac I feel foolish when I have posted a question and the answer comes to me later. Just had to get the code the correct way around. Chr(13) & Chr(10). I had them reversed. -- Regards, OssieMac &q...

Access 2007, Forms bugs
Hi, I have just migrated over to Access 2007 and am getting the following error message when I close the database. "Microsoft Office Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The info from the error report is code 0x0000000000000000 Flag 0x00000000c0a Has anyone else encountered this problem. Thanks, J ...

Compare versions of a form found in two databases ?
I would like to compare forms found in a production environment mdb with the same forms in a development version of the mdb. Are there any good tools for reporting differences between forms ? control names, positions, attributes, event handling implementations, etc... Thanks, Richard ...

Updating from Outlook 2000 IMO to Outlook 2003
I just got the full version of Office 2003. Currently, I have Outlook 2000 Internet Mail Only ("IMO") running on my XP Home machine. When I run the Office 2003 installer, it does not give me the option to update Outlook 2000 IMO which currently resides on my computer. I have seen a few websites that say I have to uninstall Outlook 2000. After updating my .pst files, I uninstalled 2000, but Outlook 2003 still won't install on my computer. Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated! On 14 Jan 2006 23:40:43 -0800, TrojansSuck@gmail.com wrote: >I just got the full version of O...

Outlook2003: Search folders updates how and when?
Hi I've just upgraded from Outlook XP to 2003 and want to use some of the new features, in particular the search folders. I use 2 local data files (personal and work), and want to use "For follow up" for both these. They're easily created, but somehow the search folders doesn't always update properly. Sometimes when I set a red followup flag for a mail, the search folders is updated instantly - but often this is not the case. If I restart Outlook the search folder seem to update in a minute or so. Anyone know how I manually update the search folders? Thanks for any ad...

Windows Xp
I had installed MS Word 97 on my XP - SP3 computer to get MS Photo Editor in JAN 2010. I was able to use MS Photo Editor to edit JPEG files for two months, and then after the 03/02/2010 Automatic Update, Photo Editor would not open. I tried recopying the one .exe file - and when I click on that the screen goes black mementarily and subsequently various backgrounds, and sometimes colors, are messed up, requiring a restart to rectify. If I can't get Photo Editor back up, what other free program could I use for the same tasks? "mimi" <mimi@discussions.microso...