Universal Naming Convention

I am trying create a wed page in access 2003 to have viewed on the internet
by another department.  But it is telling me to use (UNC) instead of a drive
letter, how can i give it a (UNC)
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

If you're currently using, say, G:\Folder\File.mdb, find out what the drive
mapping for G: is and use that instead: \\server\share\folder\file.mdb

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"juniorlee31" <juniorlee31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying create a wed page in access 2003 to have viewed on the internet
> by another department.  But it is telling me to use (UNC) instead of a
> drive
> letter, how can i give it a (UNC)

0
Douglas
6/12/2007 4:15:08 PM
Thanks, but how do i go about saving it and sending it out..

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> If you're currently using, say, G:\Folder\File.mdb, find out what the drive
> mapping for G: is and use that instead: \\server\share\folder\file.mdb
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "juniorlee31" <juniorlee31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying create a wed page in access 2003 to have viewed on the internet
> > by another department.  But it is telling me to use (UNC) instead of a
> > drive
> > letter, how can i give it a (UNC)

Saving it where? As in what does the mapped drive represent today?

--

> Thanks, but how do i go about saving it and sending it out..
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> If you're currently using, say, G:\Folder\File.mdb, find out what the
>> drive
>> mapping for G: is and use that instead: \\server\share\folder\file.mdb
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "juniorlee31" <juniorlee31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying create a wed page in access 2003 to have viewed on the
>> >internet
>> > by another department.  But it is telling me to use (UNC) instead of a
>> > drive
>> > letter, how can i give it a (UNC)

0
Douglas
6/12/2007 5:25:13 PM
So when i go to save the page/file do i save it regular and will i need to go
into it later to give it the (UNC)

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Saving it where? As in what does the mapped drive represent today?
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "juniorlee31" <juniorlee31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, but how do i go about saving it and sending it out..
> >
> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> If you're currently using, say, G:\Folder\File.mdb, find out what the
> >> drive
> >> mapping for G: is and use that instead: \\server\share\folder\file.mdb
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "juniorlee31" <juniorlee31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sorry, it's not really clear to me what it is you're saving. Hopefully
someone else will read this and pipe up.

--

> So when i go to save the page/file do i save it regular and will i need to
> go
> into it later to give it the (UNC)
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> Saving it where? As in what does the mapped drive represent today?
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "juniorlee31" <juniorlee31@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks, but how do i go about saving it and sending it out..

0
Douglas
6/12/2007 5:49:40 PM
"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in
message news:eeLoOoRrHHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Sorry, it's not really clear to me what it is you're saving.
Hopefully
> someone else will read this and pipe up.

Douglas Steele,

I understood what you said.

As far as I could tell, the original poster (juniorlee31) did not
understand your requests for information or your statements about the
path name.

Hopefully the OP can read what you posted again, and then either
rephrase his/her questions, or ask for clarification/expansion of
yours.

Sincerely,

Chris O.

0
Chris2

Change Host Name
My users have trouble e-mailing to this particular domain (@aci.on.ca). I cannot e-mail this domain either. Whenever an e-mail is sent to this domain an e-mail is sent back with the following message: Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. <server1.myinternal.local #4.4.7>. I spoke with their tech guy and his response was I have to change my host (Helo) name in my exchange to the proper entry. Right now, the host name is pointing to server1.myinternal.local. We're running exchange 2003. My question is what do I change this host name to? Thanks for an...

ERROR: The specified schema name is not valid
Hi! I exported a contact customization to an XML file. When I tried to import the customization on another system, I get the following error message: "The specified schema name is not valid". How can I fix this? Regards, Julio ...

wrong images displayed / auto generated image names
I have been using publisher (2007) for a while now maintaining my son's website consisting of nothing but pictures. So far it has worked great. I am recently running into a problem where when I add new images, it somehow confuses the filenames (I guess) and displays older pictures from elsewhere in the site. I don't know if the problem is b/c of the quantity of images I have or what. I am aware that the images are renamed to imagexxx.jpg when published. Is there a maximum number of images that can be loaded? On a side note, I would also like to know if there is a way to allow vie...

Data Consolidation Problems in using wild cards in range names
I am using Excel 2003. I am not able to use wild cards in naming data ranges in the data consolidation dialog box. It gives the response as 'Wrong Reference'. How to use the wild cards ? and *. ...

Sorting customer names
I have a list of customer names that is over 6000 now and growing. I want to extract the names that appear only once on this list. How do I accomplish this? There are header names "First, Last, Int, Address, City, State, Zip, Phone (2) and Vin". This should help: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/dealing_with_duplicate_records_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "seeking improvment" <seeking improvment@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C8DB9B1-CEED-4C63-ADF0-9F3FD95C8FB6@microsoft.com... >I have a list of ...

How to incorporate 2 sets of changing named ranges
Hi All I'm a novice that needs help please..... sorry - I've tried but I'm stuck.... (one workbook, heaps of worksheets) I've created a macro that runs a set of actions for multiple named ranges by calling each (see code below) It finds / copies / pastes data from different worksheets & named ranges into an overview. The macro adds a 1 or 2 or 3 to "collectionMT" and repeats the actions against each named ranges: CollectMT1, CollectMT2, CollectMT3, CollectMT4 etc through to CollectMT9 I don't know how to do the same (in the same macro) for t...

Display names #2
planning a migration from exchange 5.5 to a live 2003 organisation, both in seperate organistations. The 2003 uses a display name of 'surname, firstname' and the 5.5 uses 'firstname, surname', wanted to know the easiest way of bulk changing the 5.5 display names to 'surname, firstname'? -- Many Thanks Nikrep <Nikrep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >planning a migration from exchange 5.5 to a live 2003 organisation, both in >seperate organistations. The 2003 uses a display name of 'surname, >firstname' and the 5.5 uses 'firstname...

Change windows 7 Pro computer name in a SBS 2003 Domain
Hi, I have a new client who is running SBS 2003 (SP2) with 3 Windows 7 Pro PC's. When he logs into RWW he sees his PC name (Allan1). He wants to change the name he sees to (Alan1). Anyone run into his particular situation before? Thanks, Frank Hi Frank... How to change the computer name of a workstation http://msmvps.com/blogs/kwsupport/archive/2004/10/26/16763.aspx --------------------------------- You don't have to remove the workstations from the domain to rename. I have just renamed a few workstations. All you have to do is log in as the machine Administr...

make excel files with same names to be opened at one time
It is very difficult to work if you want to compare changed data made in the file with old one ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cde27763-1bc7-4299-874f-ac53e066ae7a&dg=microsoft.public....

mail missing after name change
We used exmerge to migrate mailboxes from one exchange server to another. At some point one of our admins noticed a users name was spelled wrong and changed the spelling. nNow our user can only see mail from the point that the name was updated. We still have the .pst files from exmerge. What is the best way to reimport the data and combine both the old and new mail (details)? Thanks Using Outlook MAPI logon to New mail account,and import old mail from PST file�I -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Attila" <Attila@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :66CABFED-E284-4141-A68E-6444DCB...

named properties limit reached, what could happen?
Currently the limit for named properties is set to 20000 and we are again receiving the event 9667. My question is, what problems could occur if we don't raise the limit more or fix the problem by moving the mailbox to another server? Will Exchange continue to work? -thanks On SBS? I have never seen this on SBS... can you confirm? Meanwhile there are a great number of articles on the web as to how to fix or work around this. -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Currently the limi...

How to handle Outlook Contacts who have multiple Names
We have many contacts who have multiple names, e.g., (1) women who, having been married several times, sometimes use their "maiden" surname, and sometimes use their first or second husband's surname; (2) people who sometimes use their formal name, and sometimes use a nickname [e.g., Jack Kennedy]; (3) people who live in Israel, who sometimes use their "English" names [e.g., Jeffrey Goldberg], but also use entirely different names in Hebrew [e.g., Yakov Ben-Tzion]. Is it possible to create (what I'll call) "Shortcuts" in Outlook (for a part...

dynamic named range #2
thank-you, as usual, top notch! E -- ExcelMonke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ExcelMonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=522 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26678 ...

How can you see the name of the person who has a shared document .
I deal with a lot of group folders and spreadsheets. If I try to open up a spreadsheet that is already openend by someone, a pop-up tells me that "abc123.xls is locked for editing by "xxx"." How can I get the person's name to show up instead of it being blank? Thank-you, Megan mac981, The name is the name the software is registered under (during installation). if that's not provided (left blank) during the installation, it'll show up blank. It's not too easy to change it.. you'll have to do that thru the registry. "missmac981" ...

Multiple SMTP Domain Names
We have a need to accept mail to multiple domain names for our organization. For example contoso.org and contoso.com. I am planning on adding the new domain name as per Article ID 289833. My main question is if an outside user sends an email to user@contoso.org and one of our users responds to this email, I want to make sure that user@contoso.org appears in the reponse. The same goes for if an outside user sends an email to user@contoso.com I want to make sure that the reply going out say user@contoso .com. My concern is that because the "set as primary" configuration i...

Sum Multiple Worksheets, same named cell
I have multiple worksheets containing the same named cell (e.g. Month_Total). On a totals worksheet, I am not able to use =SUM('START,END'!Month_Total) because of the local/global naming. Is there a way around this? (Month_Total will not always be in the same cell on each worksheet). Thanks! It seems to me that you have two options. 1. Name each of your "Monthly Total"s slightly different. OR 2. Do not use the cell range naming. "uncreative" <uncreative@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60A150C6-50BC-4876-A31F-1C...

Outlook 2003 Suggest Names feature stops working
Hello I've run into a problem with one of our Outlook 2003 installations. On this particular PC (XP SP2), the Suggest Names feature has spontaneously "forgotten" all of the email addresses in it's cache. It's like all of the email addresses are somehow deleted. The feature is still turned on in Tools, Options, Email Options, Adv Email Options. And any email addresses the user puts in after this problem occurs are remembered, but Outlook doesn't remember any from the day before or earlier. The user hasn't been mucking around with his settings, and this has hap...

how can I chang the default owner of my tasks it is my isps name .
when I start a new task the owner of the taks is my isp's name and not my name can I change some thing to make it my name? ...

Creating names
Hi I was recently asked in a training class why a person would use Insert Name Create and I did not know about this. I usually show my students how to define names from selected cells. Could you please give me an example of when I might use Create and what does the dialog box mean that pops up Top Row, Left Column etc.. Many thanks Ann See: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Names.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I was recently asked in a training class why a person >would use Insert Name Create and I did not know about >this. ...

Parameterisation of table names
Hello I need to name various tables in excel, by tables I mean a group of cells (e.g A1:D56). However I need to parameterise the name of the table to equal another cell. I know this may seem like a trivial matter but I really can't find how to do it anywhere, please help. Tom Use a defined name: Insert > Name > Define So if A1 thru D10 have values and the Name blok has been assigned to this range then: =SUM(blok) will display the same as =SUM(A1:D10) and if H1 contains the text blok, then: =SUM(INDIRECT(H1)) will do the same. -- Gary''s ...

setup error
I'm trying to install MSCRM on a Win2K Server sp4 machine, and when I start the setup.exe, I get the following error message: "Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server Setup Error: Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server. Failed to determine your account name. Unspecified error (80004005)". Any idea what the heck this is? I can't even START the setup program??? Skip Shean Chicago, IL Skip, This is usually a sign of a problem with DNS. Here is something to try from TechKnowledge: Here are some trouble shooting steps to follow i...

Drive's display name
On my XP machine I have a DVD drive and a CD drive. Windows Explorer displays these as "DVD Drive (E:)" and "CD-RW Drive (F:)". When I try to use SHGetFileInfo and IShellFolder's GetDisplayNameOf(), both return "CD Drive (E:)" and "CD Drive (F:)". How can I get the display name that Windows Explorer uses? ...

Insert Worksheet name into cell A1
Is there anyway (without using VBA) that I can automatically have the name of a worksheet appear in cell A1? =CELL("filename") gives C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\[Book2.xls]Sheet2 =MID(CELL("filename"),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename"))+1, SEARCH("]",CELL("filename"))-SEARCH("[",CELL("filename"))-1) gives Book2.xls =RIGHT(CELL("filename"),LEN(CELL("filename"))-SEARCH("]",CELL("filename"))) gives Sheet2 Dan E "Leslie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Payee Name Consolidation
I have at least a hundred variations of "BankofAmerica ATM" each with a different date and transaction ID. These were downloaded from bank when I used MM Essentials. I did the setting change for "show standardized payee name for which a name match is not found". I hope that helps with future transactions. But is there a way to reprocess existing transactions using this setting? In microsoft.public.money, rollout wrote: >I have at least a hundred variations of "BankofAmerica ATM" each with a >different date and transaction ID. These were downl...

network name changes on its' own
I have an internet connection through my local cable company.&nbsp; I only use a public wireless connection when I travel each week and stay at a hotel.&nbsp; Usually my home network name is Network 4 at home.&nbsp; I don't think I named it that when I got thid HP computer 1 year ago.....but that has always been the name of the network.&nbsp; Every couple of days when I logon on at home (I don't use wireless at home) my Network connection changes.&nbsp; Some days it will be Network 4....sometimes Network 2.....sometimes just Network.&nbsp; I am not a computer wh...