Unhide Tables in Acc2k7

Hi!

How do I unhide tables in the Acces2k7, please?

When I try:

Navigation Pane, Access Options, Navigation Options, the Groups for "Tables
and Related Views" is empty.

Thanks in advance.
an
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Do they show up if you select Object Type instead?

Try Office Button, Access Options, Current Database, Navigation Options
button. When that window opens, select all the Display Options at the lower
left of the window.

If that doesn't work, make a copy of your database and hide it away in a
safe place. Then do a compact and repair. If that doesn't work, open a new
databasse file and import everything from the old database to the new one.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"an" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> How do I unhide tables in the Acces2k7, please?
>
> When I try:
>
> Navigation Pane, Access Options, Navigation Options, the Groups for "Tables
> and Related Views" is empty.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> an
Thanks for reply.

All attempts were made unsuccessfully.
When importing to a new database, the tables are not visible.

In additions:
Only import modules and queries to a new databse

an

"Jerry Whittle" wrote:

> Do they show up if you select Object Type instead?
>
> Try Office Button, Access Options, Current Database, Navigation Options
> button. When that window opens, select all the Display Options at the lower
> left of the window.
>
> If that doesn't work, make a copy of your database and hide it away in a
> safe place. Then do a compact and repair. If that doesn't work, open a new
> databasse file and import everything from the old database to the new one.
> --
> Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "an" wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > How do I unhide tables in the Acces2k7, please?
> >
> > When I try:
> >
> > Navigation Pane, Access Options, Navigation Options, the Groups for "Tables
> > and Related Views" is empty.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > an
Run the following query and see what it returns. 1's are local tables. 6's
are linked tables.

SELECT MSysObjects.[Type],
 MSysObjects.[Name],
 MSysObjects.[Database]
FROM MSysObjects
WHERE MSysObjects.[Type]=6
 Or MSysObjects.[Type]=1
ORDER BY 1, 2;
--

"an" wrote:

> Thanks for reply.
>
> All attempts were made unsuccessfully.
> When importing to a new database, the tables are not visible.
>
> In additions:
> Only import modules and queries to a new databse
>
> an
>
> "Jerry Whittle" wrote:
>
> > Do they show up if you select Object Type instead?
> >
> > Try Office Button, Access Options, Current Database, Navigation Options
> > button. When that window opens, select all the Display Options at the lower
> > left of the window.
> >
> > If that doesn't work, make a copy of your database and hide it away in a
> > safe place. Then do a compact and repair. If that doesn't work, open a new
> > databasse file and import everything from the old database to the new one.
> > --
> > Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
> > Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder.
> >

> > "an" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > How do I unhide tables in the Acces2k7, please?
> > >
> > > When I try:
> > >
> > > Navigation Pane, Access Options, Navigation Options, the Groups for "Tables
> > > and Related Views" is empty.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > an
JW,
Sorry for my delay but the check 'Notify me of replies' don't work fine.

Your query return:

9 MSys... tables
2 tables: tblName and tblNew.

Thanks in advance.
an

"Jerry Whittle" wrote:

> Run the following query and see what it returns. 1's are local tables. 6's
> are linked tables.
>
> SELECT MSysObjects.[Type],
>  MSysObjects.[Name],
>  MSysObjects.[Database]
> FROM MSysObjects
> WHERE MSysObjects.[Type]=6
>  Or MSysObjects.[Type]=1
> ORDER BY 1, 2;
> --
> Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "an" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for reply.
> >
> > All attempts were made unsuccessfully.
> > When importing to a new database, the tables are not visible.
> >
> > In additions:
> > Only import modules and queries to a new databse
> >
> > an
> >
> > "Jerry Whittle" wrote:
> >
> > > Do they show up if you select Object Type instead?
> > >
> > > Try Office Button, Access Options, Current Database, Navigation Options
> > > button. When that window opens, select all the Display Options at the lower
> > > left of the window.
> > >
> > > If that doesn't work, make a copy of your database and hide it away in a
> > > safe place. Then do a compact and repair. If that doesn't work, open a new
> > > databasse file and import everything from the old database to the new one.
> > > --
> > > Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder.

Space above/below table
I'm working on a template in Word 2004 (to be used on Mac and Windows from 2003 - 2008) and tables are winning right now. When I insert a table, it using the Table Grid table style and has no space above and below. If I edit the table style Table Grid and choose to modify the Table Properties, the first time I edit the style it will apply the settings I enter in Distance from surrounding text or Vertical Position. However, if I apply the style and then edit it again to tweak the distance, it ignores it and doesn't change anything. Even when I save the style with the correct...

CDF table
Hi I am confuse,which one table does not exit in the CDF Cdf_Activity_ext or Cdf_Lead_ext cdf_activity_ext - you cannot in MS-CRM 1.2 customize activities. Rgds, Per >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I am confuse,which one table does not exit in the CDF > >Cdf_Activity_ext > or >Cdf_Lead_ext > > >. > Explain in more details what Per say: The cdf_<entity>_ext table only exists for cutomizables entities. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "Per Geert Nielsen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:156...

Pivot Table 05-12-10
I want to format a pivot table in such that each of the blank cells in a column can be formatted to be blank instead of the words (blank) in the cell. On May 12, 11:19=A0am, dwake <dw...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to format a pivot table in such that each of the blank cells in a > column can be formatted to be blank instead of the words (blank) in the c= ell. Instead of blank, what about invisible? Use a conditional formatting that changes values that equal (blank) to a white font, the values will no longer appear in the worksheet, unless highlighted ...

Refresh and update of Pivot tables on protected sheets on opening wkbk.
I have the following code run on opening the file, but it says, "Cannot edit pivot table on protected sheet. That dialog box comes up twice, immediately after each other. After clicking OK, the file opens still having done the full procedure!?? The strange thing is that if I execute the code via VBA editor it works perfectly without the messages. I can't see what the problem is. Please help When I open VBA editor immediately after this, it always opens at another worksheet module ("Sheet9"), that only has this code in it. Sub RefreshPivot() Call ThisWorkbook.UpdateAllPivot...

create record in table from subform
I have a database with many forms and subforms. For example, sfrmPKCorrugatedHorizontalScores is a subform in sfrmPKCorrugatedPhysicalAttributes which is a subform in frmPKCorrugated. All linked by [txtProfileID]. The challenge is that in order to enter a record in sfrmPKCorrugatedHorizontalScores a record must first exist in the tables underlying sfrmPKCorrugatedPhysicalAttributes and also frmCorrugatad - obviously. Since I know this "quirk" in the design it's easy for me to enter a value in one of the subforms in order to create a record and then go back and delete tha...

Printing a Pivot Table from code
Hi, I have a pivot table that constantly changes based on what the user chooses to analyse. I want the user to be able to print the pivot table at the click of a button with having to keep setting the print area. Is there a way to do this programmatically If yes, how? Thanks You shouldn't have to set a print area. If the pivot table is the only thing on the worksheet, only the pivot table range will print. Newbie wrote: > Hi, > > I have a pivot table that constantly changes based on what the user chooses > to analyse. > > I want the user to be able to prin...

Pivot tables 03-18-10
Is it possible to hide items in a Pivot Table if their count is below a threshold of 5? I am using excel 2007. I'm trying to shorten a pivot table number of items based on the count of those items. Count of 5 (see above) is just a guess, it could end up a different number. Thanks Steve ...

adding records to multiple tables in MSDE 2000 from XML using ADO.NET
I am using .NET web aplication and MSDE 2000. I receive new record in XML format which I want to add into MSDE 2000. I am doing it as below. Private Sub InsertNew(ByVal sData1 As String) Dim SR1 As System.IO.StringReader = New System.IO.StringReader(sData1) DS1.ReadXml(SR1) SqlDataAdapter1.Update(DS1) End Sub This works fine with one table. But say, I receive following XML data: <ORDER> <COMPANY>DIXON</COMPANY> . . . <ITEMS> <ITEM> <NAME>SONY - 32 inch</NAME> <QTY...

Centering words in a table.
Think after using publisher i would know by now, but never seem to get the knack of it. I create a text box, type in the words, then want to center, sometimes either vert. or horz. most times though in the center of the box. I highlight the text in the box. If I go to position on page, the box always ends up most of the time in the lower right hand off the page? In poistioning the text I have tried to change the wrap, in the layout, tried changing wrapping style, but I don't seem to get anywhere? thanks Bruce You want to center a text box to the page, a table to the page, the t...

Excel not parsing HTML properly
Hi, I am trying to have excel open an HTML file that contains nested table, the outer table contains fields that can be used to perform the sort. But this is not working, Excel instead converts "Line 1" and "Zipcode 1" into merged cells as well as "Line 2" and "Zipcode 2" (see below). If I open this HTML in browser and use Javascript function to sort the table it works fine. Sample HTML that has issues: --------------------------- <HTML> <Table> <TR> <TD>Line 1 </TD> <TD>Zipcode 1</TD> ...

Tables and Included Data
How can I copy and paste tables with the data included? -- Joyce in the SW From where to where? Paste special... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "JoyceK210" <JoyceK210@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18771966-EE44-4004-8133-06DBC6E440E5@microsoft.com... > How can I copy and paste tables with the data included? > -- > Joyce in the SW Thanks so much -- a very easy solution for something that has baffled me ...

Create new table from Form
Hello. I'm new to this group and I have a question: I created a form to build a quiz by entering the question, distractors, correct answer and graphic name if one is used, and some other information needed for the quiz. Once the user finishes making the quiz, I would like to have the user press a button on my form so that information in the form is put into a new table with the same field names as the ones used in the form. I don't want the current db that is linked to the form to be used as the final product; once the new table is created and saved with a user-defined name, the for...

Hiding Zeros in Data Table
How do I hide the zeros imbedded in a chart data table. The worksheet data shows a blank cell but zeros appear in the data table in the chart? Am using excel 2007 -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-chart/201004/1 I never use data table, so this is just what I found be experimenting. The dialog for formatting data tables has no provision for formatting the numbers I made some data with B5 as a blank cell and generated a chart for it. The data table in the chart had the entry for B5 blank. But if I had a formula like =IF(test,&...

What table are Credit Memos stored on?
On what table can Credit Memos be found? I've been looking everywhere, and I can't find them for some reason... Thanks, Jeremy Are you using SOP? It would be SOP10100/10200 for open and SOP30200/30300 for historical For RM credit memos. Look for the invoice work, open, and historical tables. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Jeremy Harrington" wrote: > On what table can Credit Memos be found? I've ...

Count(s) in Pivot Table
I have listing of 1600 stores and sales by 4 week periods. I have a helper cell to combine the state and city since this is one basically how I want the date to break. But there may be say 15 unique stores in Atlanta, my pivot shows the correct total sales for Atlanta but in the "count" I am getting instead of 15 I expect it is counting the each store in each period (15 stores x 12 periods=180). in the pivot I want the state, city total sales, unique stores (making up the total) so that it would it would look like: GA: Atlanta 5000 (sales) 15(unique stores) It is ...

Unable to create Table of Figures or Tables
I have inserted table and figure captions throughout a 400 page report using Microsoft Word 2007. When I try to enter table of figures/tables in the Table of Contents only one caption appears. Nothing is located in text boxes and the figures are "in line with text". Please respond ASAP. Thanks! When you created the table of figures (table of tables), did you use the caption label as a basis? If so, something might have happened with the captions. You may want to show field codes by pressing Alt+F9 (acts as a toggle) and verify that all figures have field codes sim...

Table variable
[SQL2005 latest sp] If you have the belief that CTEs are always faster than Table variables, its wrong. Below are two queries, the first using a table variable and the second uses a CTE. The first runs in a flash while the second one takes forever. The execution plans suggest, it has to do with the CTE using nested loops because it evaluates everything first which is very costly in this scenario. However, this is not always the case. There are queries when CTEs are actually faster. The bottomline is to test a query which uses a CTE or a table variable and check the exec...

Keep Pivot Table Chart Format unchanged
I want to keep changes to format i performed in a pivot chart, that would not be affected upon refresh table. thanks\ This is a known bug that requires vba code to re-apply formatting. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 Cheers Andy Nir wrote: > I want to keep changes to format i performed in a pivot chart, that would not > be affected upon refresh table. > > thanks\ > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info thanks Andy, does MS supply any add-in for or just record it on my loc...

How to pull data from one table and save it to another
hi, I want to pull data from more then one field ( as it seems with a combo box with multiple fields listed in a row ) and have it save these fields to a diffrent table. What I'm trying to do is take a Whole record and save that record to a new table. Thanks L Lorraine wrote: > hi, > I want to pull data from more then one field ( as it seems with a > combo > box with multiple fields listed in a row ) and have it save these > fields to a diffrent table. What I'm trying to do is take a Whole > record and save that record to a new table. > > Tha...

Update whit values from other table
I have one table named estoque with this fields Produto int ICM int and the second table produtov1 with this fields Produto int ICM int I want to update all the column ICM of the second table produtov1 where the field produto is = , I have write this but not work UPDATE produtov1 SET icm = estoque.icm WHERE produtov1.produto = estoque.produto Thanks by any help or ideia You need to use a subquery in the SET clause. Alternatively you could use UPDATE FROM, but be carefull as you get random results if more than one row in the source table...

Modify existing table for more details?
I have a table of estimates. Each estimate can have multiple locations stored as a text field. New need: I want to store the sizes of each location. Example is -Old method: EstNo= 200 which has Location = bedroom, Location= Family room. New need is: EstNo 200, Location = bedroom with Size= 100 and Location= Family room size = 125. I assume I need to split the Location field into its own table with a Location ID field, Location field, location size field and EstNo field. Also, How would I go about correcting the existing estimates that have no location sizes entered. Hope I di...

Pivot Tables to Charts
I have a lot of charts to make, I'm using a pivot table to bring up the data for the different charts. I have a list of months and 2 columns of numbers. What I'm trying to figure out is if there is a way I can make the chart have a month be italicized if one of the 2 columns has no data as opposed to just a zero. Hi, If you asking can you format one of the X-axis labels to Italic while keeping the others normal. Not with the built in axis. First you could create a dummy x-axis and depending on how you choose to impliment that you could manually format any label or you coul...

move table of contents page numbers
Hi. I am using Word 2007 and I am trying to create a table of contents with the page numbers in front of the heading title with a bar between. I see the modify tab with bar, but I can't move the numbers in front of the bar and keep them there when I update the table. An example of what I am looking for is:: 3 | Introduction 4 | Heading 1 Is this even possible? I've been struggling with this for a while. Thanks for your help!!!! It is not possible to do anything of this sort and still have an updatable table of contents. If you're really determined ...

Pivot table formatting changing after refresh
Every time I refresh my pivot table or change a page field, some of my custom formatting that I set up on my pivot table reverts back to the default look. How would I keep it the same as my custom look? Thanks, Grant. Set the pivot table to preserve formatting: --On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Table Options --Add a check mark to 'Preserve formatting', click OK --Remove the check mark from AutoFormat Table --Click OK Other things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to upda...

Binding two table into one Crecordset
I am trying to bind two tables in a database into one recordset. I have added all the Column and Binded them with Class wizard and have added the Games table to the GetDefaultSQL() method and the filter to the set object. When I run the program it tells me that I have: Attemped to scroll past the end or before beginning of the data. This the section of my code that I added the filter to. it is in my OnInitialUpdate for my recordview m_pSet = &GetDocument()->m_leagueManagerDBSet; m_pSet->m_strFilter = "Teams.Teams_ID = Games.ID"; CRecordView::OnInitialUpdate(); G...