two sets of parameters..one query...but how?

I have a query to track when I must renew State Police Clearances AND Child Abuse Clearances. I want to use the "Between [date] and [date]" function on BOTH of the fields in order to bring up BOTH sets of dates for BOTH clearances.The problem I am running into is that when the query results come up, if one date doesn't meet the criteria NONE of the information comes up (even if the other date DOES).Any suggestions!??!?! Thanks in Advance.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Disable changing the sort/grouping setting in inbox messages
Is there a way to disable a person from changing his sorting/grouping of messages in his inbox in Outlook 2003? We have a person that keeps sorting/grouping by sender, so he tends to only see the messages he wants to see. We want him keeping them sorted by received date/time so he sees all messages as they come in, as some are going unread for days that he needs to be seeing and doing something with. Anyway to force a sort order in messages, and disallow grouping, through a registry entry, or in some other way? Greg No. Unfortunately there are no technological solutions for this behavioral...

Start "Tablet PC Settings" from command line ?
Hi Experts: On Windows 7, is there a way to start the control panel applet "Tablet PC Settings" from command line (using rundll32)? I tried line below but it only brings up the "Pen and Touch" applet. rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL tabletpc.cpl Thanks in advance. Polaris "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#dy1OgavKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi Experts: > > On Windows 7, is there a way to start the control panel applet "Tablet PC > Settings" from command line (using rundll32...

MFC ActiveX control on IE: how to get internet connection setting
Hi, I am working on MFC ActiveX control(.ocx file) on Internet exporer, the control needs to call Winnet library (use HINTERNET) for making HTTP query. With option INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_DIRECT, there is no issue at all; but when there is proxy server used for IE connection setting, how to get proxy server and username/password settting to create HINTERNET? Is there any way to get HINTERNET using the IE IWebBrowser2 or other object automatically for the activeX control? Thank you very much for your help. Charlie WinHttpGetDefaultProxyConfiguration "CharlieHoo" <charlieho...

querying folder full of worksheets.
Hi all, I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I don't know if this is possible, or if someone has tried to create something to do what I need, but here it goes. I have a folder full of checklist worksheets that are of identical format, but obviously with different numbers. I have a master tally sheet that requires the values of the same 4 fields from all of the sheets. Is there a way to automatically query each sheet and get the values in the cells I want and spit out a text file ? You help is appreciated. Hi navtechie I have a example that will copy it all in one workbo...

Query......
I'm stuck with a setting I can't remember........... In Excel I recall there's a setting which u can enable and it brings up a little green triangle in the bottom right corner... can ayone tell m where that setting is.............. Please Tools>Options>Error Checking Thanks for the reply but I can't seem to get it to show.... ...

Equation Question in Query
I am trying to limit my query to search for dates between 9/4/2007 and 1/20/2008 but I need to exclude 12/9/2007. I have the following equation and am not sure how to get it to exclude the date I need. Between #9/4/2007# and #1/20/2008* Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Between #9/4/2007# and #1/20/2008# AND <> #12/09/2007# -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "JeannieC" wrote: > I am trying to limit my query to search for dates between 9/4/2007 and > 1/20/2008 but I need to exclude 12/9/2007. > > I have the following equation and a...

Combine two sets of overlapping Date/Time data into 3 columns.
I have two sets of data with Date/Time. One set has a fixed interval, the second is more sporadic. I am trying to combine into these sets into one table with the data from one set next to the corresponding data from the second set. For example: A B C D 4/22/2010 9:00 000 4/22/2010 9:01 777 4/22/2010 9:01 111 4/22/2010 9:03 888 4/22/2010 9:02 222 4/22/2010 9:06 999 4/22/2010 9:03 333 4/22/2010 9:04 444 4/22/2010 9:05 555 4/22/2010 9:06 666 Output: A ...

Emailing More than one Page Newsletter
The newsletter that I created is 4 pages long. How do I email this? I would like to send it "as message"; but when I click that option, only the first page appears. Thanks! -- Debbie Redrover1958 wrote: > The newsletter that I created is 4 pages long. How do I email this? I would > like to send it "as message"; but when I click that option, only the first > page appears. Thanks! http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/multipageemail -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Vlookup for two sheets in same workbook
Ok. I am desparate. I've working on this for hours; I have VIN numbers in sheet 1 in the range I2:I5521 I have VIN numbers in sheet 2 in the range G2:G4717. I need to see if the VIN numbers in sheet 2 are on sheet 1, of so highlight the cell or delete the VIN number. I'd really like to delete the duplicate. Roberta select column G in the second worksheet and name it "ColumnG" without the quotes. Then, select cells I2 down to I5521 in the first worksheet and choose Format Conditional Formatting... Change Condition 1 to: Formula: =VLOOKUP(I2,ColumnG,1,FALSE)=I2 ...

How to advance date field by one day on mouse click?
I have a date field in a form and I want to be able to advance whatever date is presently in it by one day with a click of the mouse. What do I enter in the On click property of the field? Thanks. "SamJ" <me@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message news:MPG.2224e53f6638ce999896e7@news-text.blueyonder.co.uk... >I have a date field in a form and I want to be able to advance whatever > date is presently in it by one day with a click of the mouse. What do I > enter in the On click property of the field? > Thanks. Better to use the + and - keys, but here's the code you ne...

run report that uses a set of dates #2
Once again I am baffled! I need to keep track of projects that get checked out to be updated. Each sheet is a different project. In column B I have when the project was checked out. IN column C I have the date the project was checked back in. The formulas I am currently using are: Column D: =TRIM(IF(B9<>"","out","")&" "&IF(C9<>"","in","")) which gives :"out" if not checked in and "Out IN" if it is. Column E: =IF(B9>C9,"OUT","In") This tells me if the project...

Problem with Dates in Query
I have a field with dates. However, I need to separate only the year in another column. This is what I have so far but it is not working. Year: IIF([mydatefield] = #m/d/2009#,#2009#,IIf([mydatefield]=#m/d/2010#,#2010#)). Can somone please help me with this? Thank you. TotallyConfused wrote: >I have a field with dates. However, I need to separate only the year in >another column. This is what I have so far but it is not working. Year: >IIF([mydatefield] = #m/d/2009#,#2009#,IIf([mydatefield]=#m/d/2010#,#2010#)). How about: MyYearField: Year(mydatefield) ...

only one page of website shows
Hi, only one page of my multi-page Publisher website is showing when i do File, Web Page Preview. Same thing when i actually publish to the web, just see the first page and no indication that there are even multiple pages. I tried saving as Single File Web Page and also Web Page but didn't make a difference. It does say Web Publication at the top of the Publisher screen. this happens even for the 3 page wizard-created website. Help!!! Thanks!!! david wrote: > Hi, only one page of my multi-page Publisher website is showing when > i do File, Web Page Preview. Sam...

Lebans ReportToPdf utility margins setting
Hi all I'm using this fantastic utility that makes PDF from report. I have one little issue. Anybody knows how set the report margins? Thank for your kind help Bye Piero To the best of my knowledge, Stephen's utility uses whatever settings were used to generate the Snapshot, so presumably you set the margins for the report itself. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele Co-author: Access 2010 Solutions, published by Wiley (no e-mails, please!) "Piero" <Piero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C32D...

can I set outlook to send a message received as "new" message ?
can I send a received e-mail as a "new" message Netscape allows send as new Don Hocutt, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:47:01 -0700: > can I send a received e-mail as a "new" message No. > Netscape allows send as new Use Netscape... ;-) -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! This is very simplistic. Sorry. The only way I know to pull this off is to open the email, copy its contents, paste it into a new message, and send new message. I do this on occasion when ...

Setting Calculation always goes back to Manual. How to permanently have Task Panel dismissed?
Two issues. Since shortly, the setting in Options -> Calculation -> Calculation is always set to Manual, even after I have set it to Automatic and saved the document. After restart Excel is it set back to Manual. Irky. some documents, the task panel is always active after I open the document. Hoew to have it permanently closed? It happen in some documents. Bart ...

Count distinct days from two groups of days
Hello, Can anybody help please? I have used Networkdays() to count the working days between two dates. And have had to do this twice. So now have two counts that I will add together. But if the same particular date is in both count sets I dont want to count it twice? Hope this makes sense, Thanks in advance On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:51:01 -0800, Colin <Colin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Can anybody help please? > >I have used Networkdays() to count the working days between two dates. And >have had to do this twice. So now have...

Concatenating two conditions in a "IF" Formula.
Hi, Can anyone advice me how to concatenate two conditions in a "IF" formula? Thanks and regards. Ringo Hi do you mean something like =IF(AND(A1=1,B1=2),"Match","no match") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ringo tan" <ringotan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A9C0093A-7C59-4F9F-A6ED-2B4CA57694DB@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can anyone advice me how to concatenate two conditions in a "IF" formula? > > Thanks and regards. > > > Ringo Maybe..... =IF(AND(A1=1,B1=2),CONCATENATE(A1...

Combine several records into one
Greetings, I have a database of magazine subscriptions in which each record represents a single subscription. There are multiple subscriptions to many of the magazines and I'd like to take a group of records like those below and combine them into one record. This new record could replace the first record, could be a new record on the existing sheet, could replace all the records on which it is based, or could be on a new sheet. I only need one method. Thanks for your attention. Tom Title Branch code AMERICAN GIRL /**/ AH AMERICAN GIRL /**/ AU AMERICAN GIRL /**/ CA AMERICAN GIRL /...

project settings in VC++ messed up
Hello, I having WIN2K with SP4 installed. I have Visual Studio with SP4 for Visual Studio installed. I have also got the latest DDK installed on my system. I seem to have messed up my project settings in VC++. Whenever I build an any project I am getting the following linker warning, even when we dont use any resource files. LINK : warning LNK4078: multiple ".rdata" sections found with different attributes (C0000040) I am also having problem in debug configuration mode. When ever I tried to debug any application I am getting the following error User Breakpoint called from cod at...

nesting functions to compare segments of two columns
In Excel I would like to nest functions to make the formula =MAX(OFFSET((ADDRESS((MATCH(I1,F1:F8000)),6)):(ADDRESS((MATCH(I2,F1:F8000)),6)),0,1)) The part =ADDRESS((MATCH(I1,F1:F8000)),6) works on its own as does =MAX(OFFSET(F14:F23,0,1)) but they don’t work together. The intent is to be able to type in two numbers; a minimum value (I1) and a maximum value (I2). The location of those values would then be identified in a column of ascending numbers (F) but the numbers would make a range separated by a variable number of other cells dependant on the min & max inputs. Th...

Summing fields between two dates
I think I know how to do this but any extra help would be appreciated. I have a table with four fields - net sales, payin date, payin number, and payin amount. What I want to do is create a query that will summarize all of the amounts in "net sales" within a specified date range. I thought an expression reading SUM([net sales]) BETWEEN [start date] AND [end date] would work, but it doesn't. Suggestions? -- Für Elise - Support the Breast Cancer & Heart Foundations SELECT SUM( [net sales] ) FROM tableNameHere WHERE fieldWithDateHere BETWEEN [start date] ...

Creating an autonumber ID field in a make table query?
Some time ago I asked this question and was told it couldn't be done. Well, I'm asking it again. I know there is no existing MS Access function to do this (using access 2003). Is it possible to create a function to do it? If yes please be specific. I don't know vba. About all I know about "modules" is that it's one of the "Objects" choices in the upper left. An Access "autonumber" field is just that ... Access automatically creates/assigns row identifiers. Instead of trying to get Access to do something it doesn't understand, could you ...

Addind an external LDAP query into the Exchange 2003 Recipient Lis
Is there a way to take a query from an external LDAP server and place this list of names into a recipient list in my exchange server? I am running Server and Exchange 2003. Currently I am having my users individually setup a LDAP query address list in Outlook. This is becoming a pain as too many users would like to have access to the list now that I have it setup for a few. I have attempted to get the offline GAL from the external server administrators but they are no longer willing to distribute it and are forcing everyone to pull from the LDAP query. I know I can manually create a ...

ABILITY TO SET A $ CHECK AMOUNT IN AP for SELECT CHECKS
I have several customers who need to be able to choose invoices to pay based on a total check amount. For instance all checks over $ 5000 go to a different signing authority or all checks under $ 5000 have a signature already on the check form ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&qu...