Two filters in a pivot table

I have a pivot table that I'd like to filter for two criteria like an OR
instead of an AND.
I have two fields for animal handlers, keeper 1 and keeper 2. They are
linked to a table called keeper ID.
Sample Records:
Animal Keeper1 Keeper2
Scooter Jane  Kim
Tilli       Kim Ellen
Cactus   Ellen Todd
I'd like to filter for which animals have been handled by keeper 1 OR keeper
2. So I'd like to see which animals Kim or Ellen have handled, resulting in
Scooter, Tilli, Cactus. Or which animals Kim or Jane have handled resulting
in Scooter, Tilli. The Pivot Table filters filter like an AND. Is there a way
to change that behavior?

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Excel Formula for determining azimuth relative to true north between two sets of geographic coordinates?
Using the geographic coordinates for each, I've "translated" the FCC procedure for determining the distance between two transmitters ( per FCC 73.208) into Excel formulas. Excel gives identical distance results to the "fill-in" form provided in www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/distance.html . But there is no comparable formula in the FCC R&R for determining the bearing (azimuth) between the stations relative to true north, although the FCC's fill-in form does provide azimuth. My problem with using the fill-in form is that I have hundreds of computations to make and...

Account balance table?
Does anyone know if there is a table in Great Plains that contains the life-to-date balance for balance sheet accounts? I can obtain the debits and credits for balance sheet accounts which gives me the activity for a period, but what I really need is a simple way to pull the life-to-date balances. For example, if I'm in period 5 of 2004, I need to pull all my balance sheet account balances at that point in time. Thanks ...

Chart two variables with differing values
I'd like to chart data similar to: Year 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Thefts 75 120 95 101 80 Veh. Mfg. 100,200 125000 130000 145000 125000 I want to produce a chart with the year on the abcissa and with the Thefts scale on left ordinate and Veh. Mfg on the right ordinate and have the scales set accordingly. I'm running Excel 2002. Seems i can't select the Format/Selected Series data Series/Secondary Axis to set the scales correctly. I'd like to get som...

Table headings in Excel
Hi, How do I get table headings to repeat at top of each page? Thanks, Allie Hello, try File - page setup - sheet then enter your range in 'rows to repeat at top' Suddes "Allie" wrote: > Hi, > > How do I get table headings to repeat at top of each page? > > Thanks, > Allie Suddes' response is correct for printing. If you're wanting them to display as you scroll down, you can split/freeze the panes. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >How do I get table headings to repeat at top of each page? > >Thanks, >Allie >. &...

Table / Column descriptions
Is there ANYWHERE that you can find what the column names in each table represent ? Such as there is a column in the SOP10200 table that is PURCHSTAT. Some of them are a 1 and some are a 2. What does this represent ? Where can we find out a detailed list of what these columns are in the tables ? Why does MS not provide this ? Is it a secret or is it just because they dont even know ? This is VERY frustrating in trying to troubleshoot Great Plains .... or shoud I say Great PAINS !! Accolade has been the best so far, just not as detailed as one would need for accurate tro...

Help with Message Filtering & BCC
I'm sorry if my orginal post wasn't clear enough, so I'll try to elaborate. A.adds cc or bcc automatic settings options I would like to set up a bcc to an email address that automatically does so when I send a message. With Outlook 07, I have to do it manually each time. Whereas with Thunderbird, you can preselect whom you want to bcc messages to. Each time you send a message it does it automatically. B. manages the message filter options something like Mozilla Thunderbird I'm having a real problem managing my message filters using Outlook. I have many folders representing ...

Pivot Table Drop Down Boxes
I want to be able to limit the drop down box content to information relevant to what I have seleced on the page. Example: I select Region A at the page selection, then open the District drop down box, and all districts countrywide are shown. I only want to see Districts to choose from in Region A. Excel 2003 - Windows XP That feature isn't available in the pivot table dropdown lists. Dave S wrote: > I want to be able to limit the drop down box content to information relevant > to what I have seleced on the page. Example: I select Region A at the page > selection, then ...

Macro to delete specific data in tables
Hi: I am an analyst working in service quality for a market research firm. We use SPSS 12 to output the data and later copy paste the tables into Excel for formatting and printing. The problem I currently have is that I got a large group of output tables which come in two different formats. The first table is like this: Satisfacción Expectativas Mean Std Deviation Masculino 5,4 1,4 Femenino 3,8 2,2 Group Total 5,3 1,5 Menos de 2400 UF 5,9 ,9 2401 a 25 mil UF 5,6 1,2 25.001 a 100 mil UF 5,0 1,6 Más de 100.001 UF ...

Combining Tables
Hello, I have 5 files in excel. These files will have the same fields, but the information will change in them every week. I am then going to import the the excel files into access into my five tables that I have created. What I need is from all those 5 five tables to be combined into one big table. I want to keep all the same fields, just a combination of the five. I have to do some modifications on that on that huge file. But my main concern is how to combine all that data into one huge file. Thanks It sounds as though you are expecting Access to be Excel ("same...

Field values used to filter a report
I have a report that is based upon a query that filters the data in a variety of ways. The net result is a listing of Zip Codes that I ultimately use as a part of the data for a report. The contents of this report is limited to the Zip Codes from the query. (Not a true filter) I need to be able to print this list of zip codes in a comma seperated list in the report header. I am sure this can be easily accomplished but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. There are 2 parts to your question: a) How to provide an interface ...

Access 2003 linked tables causes read-only
Hi A weird one - I have an Access 2k mdb set with linked tables. Ive opened the set under Access 2003. If the link is to the c: drive (where the functions are) all is OK, but if I put the mdb with the tables in on a net drive (eg X:\.....) the tables become read only and I can find how to stop this.. Any help anyone, please???!!?? thanks Jim McDonald What permissions do you have on the folder where the mdb has been placed? You must have Change permissions (Read, Write, eXecute and Delete) on the folder, not just the file. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele ...

summing number of 'y's in a filtered column
Basically I have a spreadsheet which is filtered by column R and I wan to sum the number of 'Y's in column P based only on the visibl filtered table rather than hidden rows. Now I know the subtotal worksheet function will ignore hidden rows however it does not seem to be able to total up the number of 'Y's i the range of cells. The count function would sum up the number of 'y' but it counts the hidden columns as far as I know. Is there some other function which would allow me to sum the number o 'y's ignoring hidden rows -- neowo ---------------------------...

New To Pivot Table
I have the following sales data: dept, category, description, Qty sold, sold price, total sale, date sold, cost,profit,prfit margin. the following is an example: beer 12 pks,miller lite, 2, 7.99, 15.98, 7/1/05, 13.98, 2, 14% The 12 pks represents the ctegory, miller lite represents the description, and soforth. I have about 15 different departments, I would like to setup a pivot table to track and compare the data per week, month, quarters and year, for example: total sales, profit, cost, profit margin for the first week on july for each department compared with the same da...

Filtered Records as source for appending records to a table
I have an inventory database with a form to create multiple items with the same product information at once, it goes to a second form where the individual serial numbers can be entered. The second form shows the filtered recordset of items just created. I want to be able to press a button on the second form and have a transaction created in my transactiontbl using each of the itemids in the filtered recordset. The new transaction records should be as follows... TransactionTbl TransactionID -> Autonumber Transdate -> Date () ItemID -> Number (foreign Key itemid fr...

Sorting in Pivot Charts
I'm using Access 2003 & am trying to sort in a Pivot Chart. I have a single series & I'm trying to sort by the qty of that series. Thanks much in advance, M.C. ...

Scroll Through Pivot Table Entries
XL 2007 XP I have a pivot table chart. The chart is setup to show only one entry at at time. I have with many different entries, 197 total, in the Report Filter, however, as mentioned above I only want it to display one entry at at time. Is there a way to create a scroll bar from the Forms toolbar and use that so that it causes the chart to scroll through each entry one at a time? Thanks ...

How can I delete rows from Pivot Tables in Excel 2000 as in 97
I was able to delete multiple unwanted rows from Excel 97 Pivot Tables. Now I find I can only delete rows individually by untagging them in Excel 2000 Pivot Table. This is far too time consuming... Does anyone have a faster Solution ...

Filter 01-31-08
I have 2 combo box (cbogroupno and cbocompany) I want this 2 combo box filter each other i mean: When select cbogroupno: Some result appear When select cbocompany Some result appear 'But should use the previous filter There is an error in this code can you please tell me what the error i mean: The 2 combo box not give me good result (the 2 combo box not depend on each other) Private Sub sSetFilter() Dim strFilter As String If Len(Me.cbogroupno.Value) > 0 Then strFilter = "GroupNumber = " & Me.[cbogroupno] End If If Len(Me.cbocompany.Value) > 0 Then If Len(strFilte...

How to block/filter messages with blank sender
Does anyone know of a way to block email messages from coming into Exchange 5.5 when the sender is blank? These message show us in the queue with a send that looks like <>. I know this can be done in Exchange 2000 per Q313395, but I have not been able to find a way in Exchange 5.5. Thanks in advance, Rob Rob, Many times the messages from <> that you see in the queue are NDRs going back to spammers who don't exist. This is why they build up in the queue. If you go to the imcdata\out folder and open up one of these messages (in Notepad) you'll see what I mean. It&...

Table Help
Hello Everyone, I know I have seen this problem before and that I have corrected it in the past, but for some reason I can't figure it out this time or find something similar online. The problem is simply, when I view a certain table one of its columns is completely filled in with "##########". The data is still there because when I click on it the data appears, and the data is visible in a justified form. It can't stay like this but I can't figure how I did it in the first place or how to change it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Ko...

Word randomly changing my figures and tables captions
I'm trying to format a large document, with over 150 tables and figures in it. I've used captions to label them all, but I'm now finding that Word is randomly changing some that I have specified as 'table' to 'figure' and vice versa. This particularly seems to be happening with tables and figures that appear on the same page, but is not restricted to these instances. As soon as I change one caption back to the correct type, the one below will change itself to the wrong type again! I need the captions to remain as I've entered them for my table of f...

Filter data into separate worksheet
I'm in the process of trying to make a spreadsheet for work but I'm just clueless... excel is not my area of expertise! :) The original spreadsheet has 10 columns with various pieces of information... column D is what is important to me... column D has 5 choices for "reasons"... I want the main tab to remain untouched but in the other 5 tabs of the spreadsheet, I want the different "choices" to then filter into the other tabs... For example - the choices include "Coverage" "Equipment" "Customer Service", etc... I want the tab entitled...

Can You Embed An Equation in a PP Table 2007
I've got a table of financial data in PowerPoint (instead of an Excel worksheet - I know!). Is it possible to put in a simple equation to add the column similar to Word 2007 tables? Thanks! (B^>)-]=[ No, sorry. PPT tables don't have any kind of functions like this at all. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "WSR" <wsr-203@hotmail.com> wrote in...

two servers for two domains
i have two domains, the first is 2000 and the second is NT. the exchange server is installed on NT. all the users (of the domain NT and 2000) are installed on a exchange server in the NT domain. i would like to have two servers exchange, one for the users on NT domain and the other for the users on 2000 domain, but with the same suffix (i mean "@microsoft.com") and with the server exchange on NT who goes on internet for the external email. how i can do this? thanks XCON: Sharing SMTP Address Spaces in Exchange 2000 PSS ID Number: 321721 cinqueg.nospam@yahoo.com wrote: > ...

Two charttype on chart
Hi, I have export the data to excel from Vb, then add the graph in excel and set my secondary axis as.. ..SeriesCollection(4).AxisGroup = xlSecondary then how we set this group only as chatrtype as xlLine and the primary axis values by Column charttype -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi, Try this, ..SeriesCollection(4).AxisGroup = xlSecondary ..SeriesCollection(4).ChartType = xlLine Cheers Andy shah firdaous via OfficeKB.com wrote: > Hi, I have export the data to excel from Vb, then add the graph in excel > and set my secondary axis as.. > .SeriesCollection(4).Axi...