Trying to set up account, geting nowhere FAST!

From: "Lenora" <lmandre@windstream.net>
Subject: Understanding what Microsoft Communities
Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:41 PM

Hello out there!

What is Microsoft Communities all about?  Is it something that comes with no
charge when you get Microsoft Vista?  This is the 4th computer I've had
(besides ones at work).  First a Compaq that I loaded everything I could
from work, the computer guy gave me stuff...did work at home, brought it
back to work, and visa versa.

Second was a re-built computer that was given to me by a man in the town we
had moved to...out of the goodness of his large heart.  But because of an
illness and 2 1/2 months in and out of the hospital I simply forgot how to
operate it.  it.

3d - ordered from Dell, Inc., it was a "Satan System" - translation Lemon.

4th - replaced by Dell, supposedly to be loaded exactly like original
("SS"); but nothing was same; Vista BUSINESS instead of HOME BASIC; packing
slip showed it had NORTON...NOT SO; and icon for MacAfee showed it was not
fully protecting it (now is after 6.5 on phone w/technicians from Dell and
McAfee).  Not real thrilled with it, but trying to learn everything I can.

How do I go about creating an account?  Etc.  IP carrier tell me once that
my email domain is Alltel then Windstream; Windstream took over Alltel.
Told that my address would not change from Alltel, but every time I try to
go into something asking for user name/email address and/or password, all I
get is 'if you enter the information incorrectly for a 5th time, your
computer will lock up."  Somebody please give me step-by-step instructions.
Thanks.

Lenora Andre
Live life fully, and
LOVE FORWARD!

0
Lenora
9/22/2007 1:12:30 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You do not need an account to post to Microsoft or UseNet newsgroups. The
Microsoft Mail newsreader that you have will do just fine. However, every
newsgroup has a focus. Microsoft newsgroups are technology focused on
Microsoft products. This particular newsgroup ("community" in Microspeak) is
involved with answering questions about the Microsoft Access database
product.

If you have non technology interests, you may find that one of the over
100,000 UseNet newsgroups is more to your liking. They have newsgroups as
diverse as ... well let your mind wander, but no matter what you like,
you'll find someone with similar interests. If you are interested in UseNet,
call your ISP and ask him how to get connected. It should be free.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Lenora" <lmandre@windstream.net> wrote in message

> From: "Lenora" <lmandre@windstream.net>
> Subject: Understanding what Microsoft Communities
> Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:41 PM
>
> Hello out there!
>
> What is Microsoft Communities all about?  Is it something that comes with
> no
> charge when you get Microsoft Vista?  This is the 4th computer I've had
> (besides ones at work).  First a Compaq that I loaded everything I could
> from work, the computer guy gave me stuff...did work at home, brought it
> back to work, and visa versa.
>
> Second was a re-built computer that was given to me by a man in the town
> we
> had moved to...out of the goodness of his large heart.  But because of an
> illness and 2 1/2 months in and out of the hospital I simply forgot how to
> operate it.  it.
>
> 3d - ordered from Dell, Inc., it was a "Satan System" - translation Lemon.
>
> 4th - replaced by Dell, supposedly to be loaded exactly like original
> ("SS"); but nothing was same; Vista BUSINESS instead of HOME BASIC;
> packing
> slip showed it had NORTON...NOT SO; and icon for MacAfee showed it was not
> fully protecting it (now is after 6.5 on phone w/technicians from Dell and
> McAfee).  Not real thrilled with it, but trying to learn everything I can.
>
> How do I go about creating an account?  Etc.  IP carrier tell me once that
> my email domain is Alltel then Windstream; Windstream took over Alltel.
> Told that my address would not change from Alltel, but every time I try to
> go into something asking for user name/email address and/or password, all
> get is 'if you enter the information incorrectly for a 5th time, your
> computer will lock up."  Somebody please give me step-by-step
> instructions.
> Thanks.
>
> Lenora Andre
> Live life fully, and
> LOVE FORWARD!

0
Arvin

Need better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes
The exchange admins in my company have come up with a way for the sys admins to assign the user's mailbox store location. It's based off of last name. For example, if your last name starts with letter A, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store A, if your last name starts with letter B, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store B, if your last name starts with letter E, you go on Storage Group 2, Mailbox Store A, etc.... This is, I believe, and administrative nightmare. Is there a better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes? If it works for you and them, then al...

How to set a icons instead of a menu text?
Hello, I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for some reasons to set icons to describe my menus. Can this be done and how? Many thanks Breadl, It is possible to owner-draw menus, youmight want to check here: http://www.codeproject.com/menu/ and here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/menu/ for samples. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23hH2cnyxEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for so...

Has anyone tried the MTGDI sample from MSDN?
Hi, The MTGDI sample from MSDN demonstrates the use of UI Threads. The sample uses threads to draw various objects in a view. The question I have pertains to the Exit Code returned when a thread is shutdown. If you run the sample in Debug mode, the output window will display the following message when a thread is ended: "The thread 0xF18 has exited with code -842150451 (0xCDCDCDCD)" Trace into CWinThread::ExitInstance() and you see the following CWinThread::ExitInstance() { ... // returns the value from PostQuitMessage int nResult = m_msgCur.wParam; return nResult; }...

Outlook trying to connect to the wrong Exchange
I have some user's in my network that are traveling to remote offices. The network is setup with Windows 2003 AD with two sites: head office (Office 1) with 2 DC’s and remote location (Office 2) with another 2 DC’s. Also, Exchange 2003 is setup with 2 sites, one in head office (Exch1) and one in the remote office (Exch2). The users have their mailboxes setup accordingly with their office location (ex: user working in Office 1 has his mailbox setup in Exch 1). The offices are connected with VPN links. When a user is traveling from the head office (Office 1) to the remote office (Off...

Setting up OWA with Windows Certificate
Hi everyone, I need to configure my OWA to make use of a certificate generated by a Windows 2003 server for an Exchnage 2003 server. I know how to do this using third party (Verisign) certs but I need to find a free solution. If you could point me to the correct documentation it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Jose One of your options would be to use your own Certificate Authority. You can install this from the Win2k3 Server CD. With that you can generate your own certificate just like verisign. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Weird exchange service account problems
Scenario: I attempted to install Brightstor Arcserve backup agent using the arcserve software. I got an error saying it was unable to finalize the account. I manually deleted the dbagent account several times in an attempt to troubleshoot the problem. Now my exchange server is screwed up. Sypmtoms: Logged on as Administrator (Exchange Service Account...I know this should be a seperate user, will rectify that when this is fixed) I am seeing problems with permissions inside of the Exchange Server Administrator program. When I click on Connections->Internet Mail Service connector I get t...

E-mail Account
I am able to connect to Exchange my exchange 2003 server (on server 2003 standard) using the email account "Microsoft Exchange Server". To verify that I am connected I click on "Check name" and both the server name and username are underlined. However once I open Outlook 2003 Outlook is very slow and doesn't repond very well. I try to send an e-mail and it sits in the outbox and messages that are on my exchange server in outlook web access aren't downloaded. If I try send/receive Outlook locks up and even sometime says (not responding). Outlook eventual...

Migrating E5.5 Mailboxes with ADC created disabled accounts to to E2K3
I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate. I'm not sure how to proceed with this. Can I just enable the accounts in AD migrate the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new account in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new account to the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3? You can use the accounts it created. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@a...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

Money 2006: Is there an account for FSA?
Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible spending account? And if so, what is it called? Rod I'm not aware of one. Since it wouldn't really have any properties a basic cash account wouldn't have, using a basic cash account is good enough for many of us. "Rod" <rod@no.spam> wrote in message news:%23xX7cJtMHHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible > spending account? And if so, what is it called? So, should I set up a cash account, then, or doesn't it ...

a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you Stored n Outlook
Hi - After installing Acrobat Standard 6.0, when I try to send an email message using Word or any other program, I get an Outlook message saying "a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook". The only choices I get are to allow access for one instance or for a short period of time. What I want to do is to ALWAYS allow Word, PowerPoint, Excel and ACT to access my Outlook e-mail addresses. I went to the Office Service Pack 3 page, which said "To prevent the PDFMaker COM Addin from loading, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Offi...

how can I set a scale drawing in visio?
I need to use visio to set up scaled furniture drawings ... file => page setup => drawing scale al "Zvensk" <Zvensk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CA340AB-58F7-45D1-83EB-369CC5F441B1@microsoft.com... >I need to use visio to set up scaled furniture drawings ... ...

Payroll posting accounts #4
I am trying to set up information in the payroll posting accounts, when I am in the Employer´s Tax Expense window I can not fill the SUTA & FUTA code. It displays: "This is not a valid tax witholding code". What can I do to solve it? -- Jorge R. HI Jorge, Just give any dummy account as you are not calucting the SUTA and FUTA then system won't do anything but is require so please full fill all the posting account setup requirement before you proceed. "Jorge" wrote: > I am trying to set up information in the payroll posting accounts, when I am > ...

cant send email to certain accounts
I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account yesterday. Here is the error I keep getting. I also can not get the Windows Mail help to open up. I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing else happens. Thanks The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, ple...

Managing Calender's across Multiple Accounts
The CEO of my organization is actually the CEO of several companies, and as such, required several separate e-mail addresses(3). He also travels a lot and makes use of his Aircard to access the company network remotely with his laptop. So, I created an outlook profile for him on his laptop with all 3 Exchange accounts attached to it (on the same profile), but the network traffic was too much for the aircard to handle. So, I seperated them into 3 seperate Outlook profiles, and he needs to choose which to connect to when he logs in. This seems to work out well for him for the most part, wh...

System/Organisation Settings and Email tracking Settings
my platform: Windows 2003 sp1,SQL 2005 & SQL reporting services,CRM 3.0. exchange is installed on a seperate domain controller. two weeks now into deployment and have managed to overcome most of the installation issues however I have noticed the following BUG: If i try to disable email tracking,or modify any properties within the email tracking settings window,the mail router will fail. 3 times now this has happened. the only way to fix it is to re-install CRM and do not touch the tracking options. ...

how can i set the outlook express when receive email, the will be stored as a group (like as the newsgroup)
Thanks. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Win asked: | Thanks. ...

Not able to connect to outgoing SMTP server using POP account in Outlook 2007
Good Day, We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error. "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server" I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the following Outgoing Server Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck. Does anybody have any other suggestions that I can try. Thank You Ad...

How to choose an account to send e-mail
Hello all. I have Office 2003 / Windows XP SP2. I have three accounts (for working POP, hotmail and personal POP) When I send an e-mail Outlook takes by default the first one account. I always choose manualy the account I need but sometimes I forget or I choose badly. My question is: There is a way to select from which account the e-mail will be send? Plug-in or Option or other??? Thanks a lot. S There's a dropdown list to help you choose the account on the toolbar in = the mail message.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://w...

I'm trying to display the next month in a text field
Hi there, I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for displaying the next month on a text field on my form. I just want the entire month name and nothing else and I have been struggling with: DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 1) but its showing the day and year too and thats not what I need. Thanks in advance! GM gmazza wrote: >Hi there, >I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for >displaying the next month on a text field on my form. >I just want the entire month name and nothing else...

signature and account
I have MS Office Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express. I have 3 small companies, they each have their own name, website and domain. When i send an e-mail every time again, i have to watch out for: - to use the right account - to use the right signature My question is: Is there a clever way to make sure that when i select a certain e-mail account, that i automatically have the right signature too ? In Tools | Options | Mail Format, set Word as your email editor and = assign a signature to each account. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ...

Outlook 2003 Account Changed by System
An outlook mail account changes it's POP mail server to "localhost" and login to username/mailserver each time the machine is rebooted and Outlook 03 is started again. Problem then arises of not being able to send mail successfully because of the relaying error. OS: WINXP PRO APP: Outlook 2003 Work around seems to be to login securely to the SMTP server to send mail but .... Is this a new way of doing it? Brad It is your antivirus or firewall software that is doing this. Turn off mail scanning in the AV and check your firewall configuration for mail scanning as well. ...

set identity_insert not works for insert statement on SQL2008
Dear Experts, I skip all columns name and try a statement "insert into table1 select * from table2 where ...." but always prompt cannot insert IDENTITY_INSERT is on Table1 is the same column structure as table2 (actually I created table2 from running: select * into table2 from table1) I tried both SET IDENTITY_INSERT ON , or SET IDENTITY_INSERT OFF before insert statement , but also not works. Could anyone know how to skip typing all columns name when insert from another table ? Thanks. thomas (thomas@mail.com) writes: > I skip all columns name an...

how can I set a pass code to my outlook so only I can open mail
I WANT TO LOCK MY OUTLOOK MAIL SO THAT ONLY I CAN ACCESS.TO OPEN OUTLOOK. you can set a password on the pst - right click on outlook today and choose properties, advanced. also, don't let it remember your email password. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting h...

Bills or Accounts?
I am trying to figure out how I can accomplish a task in Money. I have numerous medical bills that I will not be able to pay off in one payment. I would like to enter each medical bill and track payments and balances. However if I create it as a bill it assumes you will be paying the balance when you enter it into the register. Should I create an account for each medical bill and transfer funds to those accounts to show when a payment is made? There is no one right solutions and not many good ones. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=132 for some thoughts to a similar question. If ...