Trying to add a field from another table on a form

I've added relationship between the form's master table and the other table.
I've updated the control source on the txt box to the table/field that I need
(=[table]![field]) but all of the fields are displaying as "#Name?" on my
form.  I'm sorry, I know this is probably something stupid.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Use a query as the forms source and join the tables in the query. Redo the
text box control source.
--
Build a little, test a little.

"FergusonH" wrote:

> I've added relationship between the form's master table and the other table.
> I've updated the control source on the txt box to the table/field that I need
> (=[table]![field]) but all of the fields are displaying as "#Name?" on my
> form.  I'm sorry, I know this is probably something stupid.

Sorting & Grouping On Multiple Fields
Hello, can anyone help me with this? I have four fields in a table call Team1, Team2, Team3 & Team4. Each of the fields are linked to a lookup table that has 22 team names. Persons in the database can be a part of up to four team. I wish to group my report by the 22 teams. My problem is how do I tell my report to check all four fields for each of the 22 team names before it starts to group. For example a person can be in a team call "Hawk" and that is listed in the field call Team1, while another person can also be in "Hawk" but have that listed in the field ...

Push single contact field data into prepared excel workbook
I am new to macros but ameager to get some formulated to help run my small business. I have been trying to find some code which suits my requirement of pushing signgular fields from a contact into a pre-prepared excel book which is loaded with the next stage of macro-powered automation. I recieve enquiries both via email and by phone. I use my blackberry to save phone enquiries to address book and Anagram for Blackberry to capture the required contact data from our email enquiry form. Both are then synchronised with my Outlook contacts. Either from the point of creation, or through ...

How to change pivot table source database?
How can I change the source database for a pivot table in an Excel spreadsheet. Our database server has been changed and when I create a new dsn pointing to the correct server, I get an error message indicating that the query on the old server is still trying to be used. Thanks, Steve This should work for you (?) Open the pivot table and click on it. Menu - Data/Pivot Table report. Click the Back button on the Wizard dialog that appears and connect t the new data source -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

Forms and old contacts.......
Hi U all...... Is there a way to change the form of an existing contact in Outlook 2002? I have emigrated to a new PC, but my forms didn't survive the move. So I have made a new form, but in my contacts subfolders all my contact are opened with the default form. I have gotten to this point that all new contacts are given the new form, but what about the old ones? If Outlook can change all contact to use default form, there surely must be a way to change it back, but I can't find it in the help file.... -- -- Regards Zadig Galbaras a perturbed Norwegian agnostic ...

Clear rows where field contains a negative sign
I have a procedure called that looks for a negative sign (*-*) in the D column for all records. If it exists, the entire row is deleted. The procedure below works well for this situation, BUT when there are no records with the negative sign in the D column it deletes the first record in row 1. The Range somehow is set for the value in the D column for row 1. I have been unable to stop this so far. Does anyone have a way to not delete row one if the filter is not met? Here is the procedure: Sub CleanCancelledChks() Dim r As Range With ActiveSheet ActiveSheet.Columns(&...

how to jump from form to related record in table
I am trying to deal with the limits on updating fields in queries. So, in a form that shows data re orders waiting to be shipped, I'd like to be able to doubleclick on the order_ID number field (let's say order # 02975) and have that cause a related form or table to open at record number 02975. Then, I can directly edit the data that needs editing. Using Access 2000 "Macro builder" and the On Dbl Click event, I have been able to get a desired form to open and have the focus, but I cannot get the related record to be selected. (I'd prefer selected to filtered.) I am ho...

refresh pivot tables
if i have my pivot table not set to refresh on open. is there a way to refresh all of them at once. when i want them to be refreshed? does F9 do this? from the help, F9 says this: Calculates all worksheets in all open workbooks. F9 followed by ENTER (or followed by CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER for array formulas) calculates the selected a portion of a formula and replaces the selected portion with the calculated value. SHIFT+F9 calculates the active worksheet. CTRL+ALT+F9 calculates all worksheets in all open workbooks, regardless of whether they have changed since the last calculation. CTRL+ALT+...

Diagonal Pivot Table?
Hi, I currently have data that looks something like A | B | C 1 | 1 | 5 1 | 2 | 9 2 | 1 | 7 2 | 2 | 4 (but obviosuly many times bigger) If I put this in a pivot table, with A and B on the axis, it would loo something like: _ | 1 | 2 1 | 5 | 9 2 | 7 | 4 This is because it counts (1,2) as different from (2,1). Is there an way to concatonate the two? i.e.: _ | 1 | 2 1 | 5 | 2 | 8 | 4 Let me knwo if this doesn't make sense. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Wait, cancel that! Turns out I don't need to worry. thanks anyway, - -- Message posted from http://...

Error Number: 0x800ccc0e when I try to get messages
Hello, I am a postmaster of our network and I am having some problems with Outlook 2000 and our pop3 server. The problem is that randomly, Outlook's users can not download their mail because they get the error number 0x800ccc0e when they try to send amd receive mail. We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) and our server is a Linux Debian running a 2.4.27 kernel. I have tried with ipop3d and in.qpopper as a pop3 daemons and with both I get the error. There is no firewall between them and this is the tcpdump capture from the server (our pop3 server runs at port 40110, bu...

How to reach through subform to underlying table?
With VBA I've learned to pull data from fields on my subform like this: sbfVendorDetail.Form.[Start Date]. However, fields such as the ID may not be on the subform since the user doesn't need to see it and it would take up space. Is there a way to read the ID field of the current record of the subform without putting the field on the form? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrote in message news:eQAVmQ$5KHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > With VBA I've learned to pull data from fields on my subform like this: > sbfVendorDetail.Form.[Sta...

Fill null fields from last record non-null in that field
Access 2000 -- I have a database table which is built from an import from a text file. I want to fill blank fields in records from the last previous record that has a value in that, and then when Access encounters a new record with a value in it, have this pasted into the fields below it. Now, it looks like this: 1 "0010099" 2 3 5 "0010100" 6 7 8 9 10 "0010101" 11 12 I want it to look like this: 1 "0010099" 2 "0010099 3 "0010099 5 "0010100" 6 "0010100" 7 "0010100" 8 "0010100" 9 "0...

Lookup table oddity
Hi I have a lookup table that was in an assessment exercise and it refuses to work on one cell. There are two lookup tables in the exercise... one looks up the product code - this one works okay. The one that won't work properly is the second one, which uses the supplier as the lookup value. I tested it out on a computer with 2003 at the training centre where I work and it worked. However, it won't work on my 2007, or any of the computers using 2007 that I tried it on. I can attach the file for anyone who is interested in looking at this oddity. It is driving me distracted...

lead source field not populating during import
I added more choises to the lead source pull down. Restarted IIS. When I go into CRM they show up fine and I can choose them for a new lead. However I am importing leads (using Scribe) and I cannot get this field to populate. If I assign the number value associated with each pull down choice I get the number in that field. If I put nothing in that field to import when I go into CRM only the original choices for the pull downs are there, not the ones I added. I know I published them because I can see them if I'm just adding a lead from within CRM Any suggestions anyone. Hi...

Error Occured Trying to Promote this email
This happens when trying to promote a email to CRM activity. Can anyone help? Bob ...

Title Field
Is it possible to change the column type of the 'Title' field in my SharePoint list for example, to a 'Choice' field? I don't really need a 'Title' field, but of course I need to have the 'Edit menu' option on one of the fields, and I don't want it to be a 'single line of text'. Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, Rob E. I wouldn't recommend messing with the title column. It's a system column and it's better to be left alone. What you can do however: 1) Hide the Title column See: http://ferraradata.co...

email report or form
Hi there Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report rather then the entire report? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report >rather then the entire report? Form, I have no idea as I have never printed from a form. Page or selected records? For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as attachments from Microsoft Access page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access...

Form not loading right
Access 2003. I have a data entry form. I have an option group set up so the user can select the active patients or the inactive patients. Right now when I open the form, the radio button for active patients is selected but the inactive patients are actually showing. I have to click the inactive radio button then re-click the active radio button for the active patients to show. The option group is located in my form header. What's going on? I think I need to do something with the on load property of the form? Right now I have a macro to maximize on load. I looked at the other...

End of range changes when I add a number
Please could someone explain why Excel 2000 changes the range in another cell when I type a number into a blank cell? I have a spreadsheet that calculates income by month, something like this: Month Income1 Income2 Income3 Cost Total Jan06 23.99 44.77 55.00 123.76 The Total cells contain a formula =SUM(B2:D2)-E2 (actually there are more income columns, but this is the principle.) I copied this Total formula in the first row, and pasted it into the other 11 rows for the other months. Originally there was no cost column. I inserted this column, and then modifi...

Font changes when pasting into another doc
I have two docs created originally in Word 2000, and I am using Office 2007. The docs are in compatibility mode. When I copy a selection that has two different fonts from one doc to the other doc, the whole selection changes to the font/style that is in the selection point. (I have a list of paragraphs, each preceded by some symbols in a proprietary font, i.e.  Your car has ...;  Try toothpaste ...;  This flower is ...; etc. Each paragraph has a line following with a series of ******** which are center aligned for looks) In trying to copy a selection from...

Add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task form 01-30-06
Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task forms? Existing Category and Sub-Category fields sound like they should be linked to it. A good example would be Membership as a Category and Application as sub-category (Membership being a subject and Application being a sub-subject). Yes, this is possible. You will need to create a new entity called i.e. Email Subject and then create a 1 to many relationship between email and this new entity. "mkatsev" wrote: > Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, E...

How to requery from a form
I have a form that has a text box on which i would like to type some text into then i would like it to do a requery every time i change the text. but it not a requery on the query the form is based on it needs to requery on a different query thnak "Simon" <S.Dickson@shos.co.uk> wrote in message news:1176363215.854267.69050@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have a form that has a text box on which i would like to type some > text into then i would like it to do a requery every time i change the > text. but it not a requery on the > query the form is based on ...

Name Cell, Copy Named Cell, And Add All Named Cells
I'd like to be able to have a cell that is able to be copied and then have another location that adds the original cell and any copies of that cell. In my situation, I have a group of cells that get copied different numbers of times each time I use the document. There is one cell in that group and all the copies that need to be added, but I never know how many times I'll be copy that group. Is there a trick for doing this? Thanks. There may be a trick but I don't understand your request. Can you use some cell references for examples. Gord Dibben MS Excel MV...

Using SQL Query to mass update a field.
Having a problem in eOrder where the pictures are not showing up. I found out the Inventory image in internet information is mapped to a drive letter. If I remove the drive letter, I can see the picture in eOrder. I would like to mass update the SY01200 INET4 field and change all from f:\inventory pictures\image.jpg to image.jpg (where image.jpg is the file name). It sounds like I need to create a cursor script but am not sure how to do this. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks. Backup you data first. You might be able to use DTS to trim the data with a string transformation. Or you ...

Save data in a worksheet in fixed length fields...
I have data in a worksheet (Office 2000) which I would like to export in fixed length format for importing into another application. Is there a way to use column settings or a wizard to export the file in correct format rather than exporting and then having to do signficant editing before I can import the file into the other application? one way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#fixedfield In article <9C97DB7F-65EB-4438-926E-23906D56E75D@microsoft.com>, dietzd <dietzd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have data in a worksheet (Office 2000) which ...