Trigger email

Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0
for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You will first have to determine how you are going to calculate your
countdown.  Then try the following:

    Dim strSubject As String
    Dim strAddress As String
    Dim strMessage As String
    Dim blSendEmail as Boolean

    strSubject = "Countdown reached zero"

    strMessage = "This is the message that will be the body of the email."

    If 'This is where you would put the countdown check value' Then
                strAddress = Me.EmailAddress   'address field on form
                blSendEmail = Outlook_SendEmail(strSubject, strAddress,
strMessage)
    Else
           Exit Sub
   End If

Hope this helps,
Jackie

"carlos24mar" wrote:

> Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0
> for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person?
Thank you Jackie,

I guess I should have stated that I am a beginer with Access.  I don't know
where to type all that info at.  I am assuming that it goes in the visual
basics.

"Jackie L" wrote:

> You will first have to determine how you are going to calculate your
> countdown.  Then try the following:
>
>     Dim strSubject As String
>     Dim strAddress As String
>     Dim strMessage As String
>     Dim blSendEmail as Boolean
>
>     strSubject = "Countdown reached zero"
>
>     strMessage = "This is the message that will be the body of the email."
>
>     If 'This is where you would put the countdown check value' Then
>                 strAddress = Me.EmailAddress   'address field on form
>                 blSendEmail = Outlook_SendEmail(strSubject, strAddress,
> strMessage)
>     Else
>            Exit Sub
>    End If
>

> Hope this helps,
> Jackie
>

> "carlos24mar" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0
> > for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person?
Carlos,

Start with creating a query which would have your criteria for reaching
zero, like a Totals Query which would total the amount.  So, if your query is
called qryFindAmount and the field in the query is called TotalAmount then,
in the code listed below for the "IF" statement put:

If DMax("TotalAmount","qryFindAmount")= 0 then

You will also need a field for the email address.  In the code example
below, I called the field EmailAddress.  This field needs to be on your form
or referenced in a query.

Then, on your form, either on the After Update event of a field (like your
quantity field), or on a button, click on the drop down and pick [Event
Procedure], then copy the code listed below with the correct query
information as shown above and paste in your Visual Basic window.

If you set up the format of your query and the field name for your Email
address, I can help with more specifics.

Jackie

"carlos24mar" wrote:

> Thank you Jackie,
>
> I guess I should have stated that I am a beginer with Access.  I don't know
> where to type all that info at.  I am assuming that it goes in the visual
> basics.
>
> "Jackie L" wrote:
>
> > You will first have to determine how you are going to calculate your
> > countdown.  Then try the following:
> >
> >     Dim strSubject As String
> >     Dim strAddress As String
> >     Dim strMessage As String
> >     Dim blSendEmail as Boolean
> >
> >     strSubject = "Countdown reached zero"
> >
> >     strMessage = "This is the message that will be the body of the email."
> >
> >     If 'This is where you would put the countdown check value' Then
> >                 strAddress = Me.EmailAddress   'address field on form
> >                 blSendEmail = Outlook_SendEmail(strSubject, strAddress,
> > strMessage)
> >     Else
> >            Exit Sub
> >    End If
> >

> > Hope this helps,
> > Jackie
> >

> > "carlos24mar" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0
> > > for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person?

Email attachments #16
I am currently experiencing an Outlook problem where any email attachment I add is automatically compressed into a zip file. I attach WORD documents or PDF files and the recipients receive these files as a .zip file. It has to be a preference problem, but I can't find a way to stop this automatic zipping of files. These same documents can be sent by others using Outlook 2000 without a problem. Has anyone encountered this problem before. thanks You have an add-in installed that does this like attachment compressor as this is not a native function of Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaa...

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

Outlook 2003 cant see email body
I upgraded a machine from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. I cannot view the body of the emails. they are listed in the folders and the autopreview shows the fiorst three lines on most of them but the html body seems to have disappeared. This applies to newly received as well as old emails. ...

How to share same email a/c on 2 pc
I have linked 2 pc via Windows Small Office network. How to let these 2 pc share the same email a/c in Microsoft Outlook. Plse provide solution in detailed steps as I am a novice. Operating syste=xp outlook version 2003 Thanks "Christine" <centrol@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:hop8fj$7la$1@reader01.singnet.com.sg... > I have linked 2 pc via Windows Small Office network. > > How to let these 2 pc share the same email a/c in Microsoft Outlook. > > Plse provide solution in detailed steps as I am a novice. > > Operating sys...

Outlook 2003 wont send email-very weird
Greetings. Last month installed Outlook 2003(Office 2003 Teacher/Student edition) The other day I found out that email I have been sending have not really been sent. Did some tests. Email goes into outbox fine. Email sends and then goes into my sent box. BUT, it never really gets sent. I have tested this many times. All the email in my sent box never actually goes anywhere. I have setup Outlook Express and it sends email with my ISP just fine. I have done a TEST AND REPAIR to no avail I have installed all updates to no avail I have uninstalled Outlook 2003 and reinstalled it to no ava...

Event ID 1016 logged for sending an email
I recently emailed a co-worker (at 11:42am). I was then later shown a security log that showed Event ID 1016 was logged at 11:42am saying that I accessed her mailbox. I did no such thing! I've researched the knowledgebase and found some info on this topic, but can anyone tell me how I can definitively clear my name? Has this happened to anyone else - simply sending an email caused 1016 to log? I realize that checking the other person's calendar could also do this, but I don't think I did that either. My job could be on the line. Thanks for any help you can provide. (...

Deleting "mail to:" email address links
I have a relativly straight forward spreadsheet where I am maintaining a large address list. It contains a homeowner's lot number, name, address, telephone #, and e- mail address. When attempting to select random cells for data entry/modification, I receive and automated message " mailto: (a random e-mail address) - click once to follow. Click and hold to select this cell." I have no idea where/how this message/feature/function is being attached to these cells but would like to eliminate it. Since seeing these messages, the size of the worksheet has been increasing in ...

not able to setup my email with outlook
Hello All, I believe I need some “professional strength” help and advice with these questions. I've been fortunate to have received some of the greatest help at these MS forums, and so I'm back with some questions regarding my upcoming switch from OUTLOOK EXPRESS to OUTLOOK 2007, finally. My questions revolve around myself being very familiar with OE, and now trying to figure out the best & cleanest way to convert to, and configure Outlook 2007 given my particular needs. I understand some of the differences between OE and Outlook, however I've not yet installed Outlook 20 This ...

Email Router 05-17-04
Hello, I want to create a queue for support. This queue should receive internal emails from other departments that they are requesting support. Can anybody tell us how to rout these emails to the CRM Queue? Regards, Khalid Hello This is a limitation of MS CRM. The router does not intercept internal email. Only emails that reach the mailserver trough the SMTP gateway are processed. Regards Cedric "Khalid" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e08101c43c13$bb1dbcf0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > I want to create a queue for support. This ...

Email #91
I am not computer saavy, and do not pretend to be. I have outlook only because some "Contact Us" buttons require it. Other than that singular use, I do not need outlook. My question is, everytime I use outlook, it takes all the InBox emails from my main email acoount and moves them to OUtlook. How can I prevent this from happening? In simple layman terms, please. dkim@accentasia wrote: > I am not computer saavy, and do not pretend to be. I have outlook > only because some "Contact Us" buttons require it. Nope, that's not a requirement of the site or...

organizing hotmail emails within outlook 2003
At home I have outlook 2003 on windows xp configured so that my hotmail email is picked up in outlook. I have outlook on exchange at work and have found that organizing my email by color is invaluable. I tried to organize my hotmail email by color and with rules, however outlook will not let me do so. Is there a way around this? If I could get the mail in my hotmail account into the main default "inbox" under personal folders in outlook then I can organize the email how I want to, however when I try to do this I have no success in doing so. colors are controlled by views, not r...

email address on Service Call Entry window
Add an email address field to the Service Call Entry window for the customer contact on the service call. Even if it is not pulled from the email address of the address id on the service call, at least the dispatcher could enter an email address on the service call in order to communicate with the customer regarding the call. It is common to take email address as part of contact information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

Saving address to replyed emails
IN outlook express I could automatically save the email address when I replyed to an email. I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 Can some please help Not possible. You will need to right click on the address and select to Add to Contacts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Garth <smilepolice@hotmail.com> typed: | IN outlook express I could automatically save the email | address when I replyed to an email. | | I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 | | Can some please help ...

Outlook, Brinkster and the Email from Hell
Once again I find myself at the threshold of one of life's greatest mysteries - namely a freezing in Outlook 2003 when downloading files to the inbox. This mystery has befallen me before, on various occassions. And, although I think I may have found what is causing it, I cannot seem to find out why. Microsoft admits no liability concerning this malady. Why should they? After all, they've already sold you their product and its not like their email is being impacted by your problem. Brinkster (the email host) admits no liability and (according to Ronald at Brinkster's tech...

Lost Emails & Contacts
I have one user that has lost all of her Outlook information. We're on a Windows SBS 2003 network with roaming profiles. I moved the system from one desk to another and after rebooting the machine all the information is gone. It sort of acts like Outlook somehow created a duplicate profile. If I try to change which address book it shows two different ones call contacts. One of them has her contacts and the other is empty. When you click contacts on the main screen it will not show the profile that has the information. Also, all of the email folders are gone and are reset back t...

2nd email acct
how do i open a second acct for my wife? depends as to whether yr isp allows multiple accounts, if so in OL Tools/Accounts.....add email account "kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c01b01c4217a$03366640$a401280a@phx.gbl... > how do i open a second acct for my wife? ...

delegate email still not working
for exch 2003 on outlook 2003 newly supporting the above, i did not set up the initial install i created a new user with ad wizard, so it created email account, mailbox, etc i opened up a mail account for the new user in outlook express and was able to receive mail in oe for the new user, then i deleted that acct in outlook express then i added that new user account to an exisiting outlook2003 already connected to another exch mailbox, in the advanced add user section, that newly added delegate user has all permissions the outlook directory tree added the new user mailbox and exch accepted...

Email Text Dissappears when Save
When we save email messages (as a draft) the text dissappears, even when th I use my administrator account. Anybody have any idea what that is happening. ...

2003 Outlook email only downloads headers, not the full message
When I attempt to open an email I receive " This is a message header. The full item has not been downloaded." At INBOX, ALT CTRL-S >SEND/RECEIVE GROUP>All Accounts>EDIT >displays an option to display headers only or the entire message including the attachment. In the grayed out area, I can see that a dot in the display headers only section. Due to the gray out I cannot chooose the alternate selection. How can I access the alternate choice? Which mail account type are you using? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft O...

Don't want to automatically open email Outlook 2000
I have recently started using Outlook 2000 instead of Outlook Express. In Express - I was able to preview messages without actually opening the file. In OL2000, the file automatically opens up... is there any way of preventing this. ...

Atttached messages to emails.
One of my employees has the following message attached to both his incoming and outgoing emails. Has anyone experienced this and how do we delete it? No one else seems to have this problem. It is not a part of his signature.I have also tried contacting this company directly to cease and desist but no response. Here is attached message. Hope someone can help. >>> FREE spam killer: http://eliminatespam.com * FREE PopUp Buster+: http://popupbuster.net * FREE e-mail: http://riskfreemail.com I'm guessing he has a spamkiller add-in installed on his machine. Go to Control P...

trying to send out emails

Bulk sending of emails in Outlook being rejected if one address is wrong.
I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they are all being returned to me because one or more of the email addresses is incorrect. Is there a way to setup Outlook so that the emails go to the correct addresses and the incorrect addresses are bounced back to me? I use the Mail Merge feature and send out a newsletter with over 1000 e-mail addresses (who signed up for the newsletter so it is not spam). My service provider, Comcast, just put a limit of 10 at a time. It's real fun sending these out monthly!! >-----Original Message----- >I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they a...