Transfering data from datasheet to report.

When I try to print a report some of my data is not shoeing up. The field is
there but the numbers are not. The data is in my table.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Are you viewing the Print Preview?
Is the control wide enough to display the data?
Are records missing or just fields/controls?

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"kristie C" wrote:

> When I try to print a report some of my data is not shoeing up. The field is
> there but the numbers are not. The data is in my table.
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:02:01 -0700, kristie C
<kristieC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I try to print a report some of my data is not shoeing up. The field is
>there but the numbers are not. The data is in my table.

More info needed... what's the Recordsource of the Report? What are the
Control Sources of the textboxes on the report? If you open the Recordsource
in query datasheet view do you see the desired data?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

"unable to load personal/free data" MESSAGE
Problem since updating Office to SR-3 (yesterday) I keep getting this message: "unable to load personal/free data" It means nothing to me except that it's irritating. Having checked out HELP it seems to be something to do with letting other people know when I'm busy or free. I haven't got a need to let others know whether I am busy or free, I have never turned on this service. I assume it's to do with the upgrade to SR3. Can anyone help me to get rid of this? Regards Andrew ...

unhide data in pivot table
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I saw that this has been raised before but did not see a solution posted. Has anyone found a workaround? The issue again, I have created a pivot table and in it I ahve e.g columns with data for different years. I want to hide the data on one year and select thehide functionin the fieldsettings and it does disappear neatly, however, when I want to turn this back on it is not possible. It does seem like the cmd button should do the trick when i click it witht he year marked in the fieldsettings, however, it has...

BUG -- SUM after importing data
Hi, I've been trying to find some info on this bug but so far nothing has worked. I have copied a table from the web and am now trying to do so simple SUM functions. But it's not working. I have tried to import the data after exporting them (in case HTML is an issue), but nothing. I have tried some copy and paste special but didn't work. So please help. I have Excel 2000 on XP. Email me at oliviermoratin@yahoo.com Thanks again Hi try the following: - copy an empty cell - select your imported data - goto 'edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add' "Olivier"...

Using Excell to input data into Access
Is it posible to use an excel spreadsheet to enter data into access? The actual reason for using excel to enter the fields in access is that over 100 of our users are familiar with excel, but do not know anything about databases. They actually call excel a database about 1/2 of the time. We work in a contract research facility that does lots of different projects in several scientific disciplines of varying complexity. I started using databases to store my research data in back in the 80's with db3. We did not even have an IT department until about 2 years ago. I have been trying to drag ...

Pivot Table
I have 2 lists with approximately 100 items/rows, with 5 pieces of data in each row. Each list has a common element (account number). Many times the account number shows on both lists, and I want to combine How do I combine both lists to use as source data in a pivot table? ...

Reports and CRM v1.2
I have just upgraded from 1.0 to 1.2 using the Adventure Cycle Database. I have a list of all the reports but get an error, when I try to access the reports below the top level, suggesting that I may not have enough Crystal Report Licenses? This worked fine when I was at 1.0! In addition I tried to install the Crystal Reports Enhancements and it suggested I need version 9.2 instead of 9.0! Help!!!! I have looked through the other threads and see some similar issues but no definitive answer. Peter Peter I was told by Microsoft yesterday that the crystal addon for crm requires crys...

Date prompt appearing twice due to chart in report
Hi All, I am creating a report based on a query. I have a prompt to ask for the Beginning Date and the Ending Date. When I run the query I get the correct results. I also get the correct results when I run the report. However, I have just added a pie chart in my report footer, and because of this, I am always forced to enter the beginning and ending dates twice when running the report. What do I need to do to make the prompt only appear 1 time for each date? Thank you! decklun The prompt appears each time Access needs to run the query. Once for the report and a second time for ...

Importing gain/loss data from Schwab
I can export such data in a csv format from the Schwab site to my PC. Is there anyway to get it from there into MS Money Plus? What I really want to do is get it into Taxcut software which seems to work with MS Money. Thanks Frisco198 <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can export such data in a csv format from the Schwab site to my PC. Is >there anyway to get it from there into MS Money Plus? What I really want to >do is get it into Taxcut software which seems to work with MS Money. Thanks Don't think so. Your gain/loss info in Money should agree wi...

Report Footer 04-09-10
I have a report set up to group information by date and a report footer set up to give me a grand total of data from the group. The problem I came across is when I set the report to display in 2 columns; the report footer will appear on a separate page and not show up in the 2nd column of the report. Can the report footer be shown in columns? Thank you, NFL wrote: >I have a report set up to group information by date and a report footer set >up to give me a grand total of data from the group. The problem I came >across is when I set the report to display in 2 col...

Outlook data file check
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. Quite often on startup I get a message the Outlook is doing a file check and performance may be slow. I also often get on computer startup a message requesting me to send an error report to Microsoft that includes a few episodes of Outlook not responding. Any idea what this could be about and how to prevent both? -- Thanks, Bob ...

Bold report column based on month
I have a report with a column for each month. (Jan, Feb, Mar...) I'd like to bold the data in the column that the report is run for. I placed this code in the on Format event of the report to test, the code is executing ok but the columns end up all in normal weight. m = DatePart("m", dt) Select Case m Case 1 Me.Jan.FontWeight = vbBold Me.Feb.FontWeight = vbNormal Me.Mar.FontWeight = vbNormal Me.Apr.FontWeight = vbNormal Me.May.FontWeight = vbNormal Me.Jun.FontWeight = vbNormal Me.Jul.FontWeight = vbNormal Me.Aug.FontWeight = vbNormal Me...

Report data in email
I have a Query with Email addresses and another Query with account numbers and dollar amounts. Does anyone know how to insert the data from the Query with account numbers and dollar amounts so that it goes to the individual email address? Thanks in advance for your help. Sandy It would depend how your database is structured. What tables do you have in it and what do they contain? Evi "SandySun" <SandySun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:242BE193-0CBA-4CEF-9616-843180165FCD@microsoft.com... > I have a Query with Email addresses and another Query with a...

Merging excel data into word #2
Ok, I have a feeling this process is quite simple, but I haven't bee able to figure it out on my own, nor find anything in FAQ's. I have created an excel spreadsheet containing the following: students' last name, first name, ID number, advisor and counselo (obvioulsy Im in education) I would now like to create a phone call log for each student, but woul like to import each students' info into this word document. So as print the 100 or so pages, page one would have the first students info page two would contain the second students info, and so on. Any help is greatly appre...

Data types
How do you mach the data type in excell with the data type in access? In excess I have have for SSN the category as special and type social security number, ans in Access I have the data type as" number". What can I do to get them to mach so I can update my records? Also with Zip code and Phone number in excel and "number" in Access. Andrew Hi it is generally accepted that zip code, phone number (maybe SSN, but i don't use these) are stored as TEXT in Access as you're not performing calculations with them and might like to store non-numeric symbols (e.g. t...

calls to extract data from an open database
I have a workbook that on the “open” event connects to an Oracle database using ADO, this works fine. I need to code various calls to the data base to run several queries. How do I achieve this? Do I have to repeat the ADO connection string to the database complete with password etc; I am sure this is not necessary. Any code will be very gratefully received. -- with kind regards Spike The usual way to handle this is have a Public or Private ADO connection object so you can set that up once and keep it alive till you don't need it anymore. So for example: Opti...

To have a 'fixed cell' be equal to the last data entered cell in a column
Good Evening All, I have a worksheet, example below. I have frozen the panes to always show rows 1-3. I wish the cell A3 to be the same as the last 'non-blank' cell in Column A.(See explanation below). A B 1 2 Header Header 3__________________ 4 M1004 5 M1005 6 M1002 7 M1003 8 M1006 9 M1001 10 So in this case, at present, A3 would be M1001,(A9), but when I enter a new value in A10, (eg M1008), I would like A3 to automatically update to A10 ie M1008. I think that maybe INDIRECT or OFFSET maybe involved but am fairly unfamiliar with ...

Multiple reports in range date
I have multiple reports using the same range of start and end date weekly. The date is display in a tab form to remind me the date range. I like to print weekly multiple reports using these range of date. Can anyone help me. Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Create a form with two unbound textboxes to enter your dates. Use the textboxes as criteria in the query for the reports like this -- [Forms]![YourFormName]![TextBox1] and [Forms]![YourFormName]![TextBox2] Before running the reports open the form, enter the dates, leave form open...

Comparing columns and extracting data
I've got two columns with lots of data in each. Some unique, some the same. Short example: Col A cat cow dolphin dog fish horse snake zebra Col B bear cow dolphin dog fish hamster monkey zebra I would like to create additional columns with the following stipulations: Col C (what's common in both A & B) Col D (what's in A but not B) Col E (what's in B but not A) Any help is appreciated. These are all array formulas. **Array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER) > Col C (what's common in both A & B) Ass...

transfer OE files from Win2k to XP
I'm going to help my dad install XP on his existing machine. It's going to be a clean install so we're overwriting his 2000 installation completely. He's already backed up everything from the machine that he wants to keep. But it occurred to me that OE could be a problem. He's still using OE for email despite my efforts to get him away from it. I know how to transfer the files from one installation to another (email files and address book). But I recall doing something like this some years ago and ran into a problem. I just don't remember if it's the s...

extract the added data
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01C5AB00.52CE5210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have a workbook with a large list of names and email addresses, = problem is that 2 people have copied the sheet and added extra names and = email's to each of there sheets. I need a way to extract the added data = so they can be added to the original. Is this possible? Sandy ------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01C5AB00.52CE5210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Enco...

Running reports in Access 2007
Greetings, I initially used the button wizard to assign a macro to run my access report on my run report form. Within my report I had a button to allow the user to print the report and close the report to be returned back to the run report form. As I wanted to checked if the report was empty or not before running, I removed the button created by the wizard and manually did one and assigned the following vba code to it (see below) However I can now only get my report to OPEN in preview mode, rendering all button inopertable as you can't access it and have to use access controls to ...

NDR Report question
One of our users sent an email to one of our remote sites which has e-mail service through their local provider. The user addressed the email via the Custom Recipient Entry in our GAL. This is the NDR I got: 554 forwarding loop, mail is looping Does anyone have any idea what that means? I have searched technet and other sources and can not find anything on this error. Thanks Bob Schmidt it means that the mail is going in loop literally. Have you recently moved connectors or the IMC? if so then force replication on the directory, this will allow the MTA to discover ...

Collecting data from multiple sheets
I have a spreadsheet with approx 15 sheets. The sheets are basically a list of questions and the answers provided by users. What I need to do is transfer the answers provided by users onto a single row on another sheet and then save that sheet as a csv file so that it can be imported into our 'main' database. We use XL 2003. I know that I haven't given much for you to go on but if you think you can help, let me know and I will send you an example file. Thanks in advance. Gareth Hi Gareth --If the sheetnames are named after the username.. user1, user2 et...

Using F9 Financial Report Program
The F9 Financial report writer recommends auto-recalc be set to manual. For those individuals using F9, there seems to be problems with recalc when viewing spreadsheets that do not employ the F9 report program. Has anyone had similar problems? ...

How do I transfer data from multiple excel sheets to powerpoint
We have a powerpoint presentation that we have to present to multiiple clients. for each client, we need to insert client-specific data from Excel. Any suggestions? one of the wasys to do it is to use a standard format for data in excel with lookups to get what you would want transfered. copy the data you want and paste special "paste link onto the appropirate postions in your power point prestenation "Gordon McDougall" wrote: > We have a powerpoint presentation that we have to present to multiiple > clients. for each client, we need to insert client-specific da...