Track project FTE per year for five years in Access?

I need to track individuals' FTE on projects for each year of the projects,
which could be up to 5 years. The FTE could be for three different time
periods within each year (e.g., summer, school year, calendar year for Year
1, Year 2, and so on). What are the best fields to create and table structure
for this?

Thanks!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

How about using a from date and to date in a table such that you can have
multiple ranges per person.

tblProject:
ProjectId

tblPerson:
PersonId

tblAssignment:
ProjectId
PersonId
FromDate
ToDate

-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

"JenMcG" wrote:

> I need to track individuals' FTE on projects for each year of the projects,
> which could be up to 5 years. The FTE could be for three different time
> periods within each year (e.g., summer, school year, calendar year for Year
> 1, Year 2, and so on). What are the best fields to create and table structure
> for this?
>
> Thanks!
In addition, you may wish to add another table for Periods, so that a date
range that spans multiple periods can be attached to the assignment, or it
may be sufficient to just use the Period number instead of the date.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Dorian" <Dorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How about using a from date and to date in a table such that you can have
> multiple ranges per person.
>
> tblProject:
> ProjectId
>
> tblPerson:
> PersonId
>
> tblAssignment:
> ProjectId
> PersonId
> FromDate
> ToDate
>
> -- Dorian
> "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and
> they
> eat for a lifetime".
>

> "JenMcG" wrote:
>
>> I need to track individuals' FTE on projects for each year of the
>> projects,
>> which could be up to 5 years. The FTE could be for three different time
>> periods within each year (e.g., summer, school year, calendar year for
>> Year
>> 1, Year 2, and so on). What are the best fields to create and table
>> structure
>> for this?
>>
>> Thanks!

0
Arvin

Email Tracking 01-26-06
In Outlook, under the CRM menu->options Select the e-mail messages to tracking in Microsoft CRM (A) All e-mail messages (B) E-mail messages that contain a Microsoft CRM tracking token The help file says the available options are: (1) Convert all incoming e-mail into Microsoft CRM e-mail activities. (2) Convert only e-mail that originated in Microsoft CRM (that is, e-mail sent in response to a Microsoft CRM e-mail activity) into Microsoft CRM e-mail activities. (3) -If you choose not to convert all incoming e-mail, you can manually track individual e-mail messages in Outlook as an e-...

Entering Items from Earlier in the year
I am new to MS Money Plus Home and Business. I did not get the software until March this year and I went back to Jan1 to enter all of my transactions for the house and balanced with my banks and credit cards. But now that I am current on that I am trying to setup my business accounts. When I try to put in my mileage that I have been tracking in Excel since the first of the year. Money says that I cant put it in before I started using the van. How do I get around this so that I can get my mileage entered into Money for this year? Thanks, LWRII =?Utf-8?B?TFdSSUk=?= <LWRII@discussion...

Dynamically load images from Access dbase in Publisher2003
I'm trying to create a catalogue with publisher2003 which is dynamically filled with data from an access dbase. The textfields (eg. productname, prize etc.) are no problem. But when I try to (dynamically) add images (which are stored as packages in the access dbase) it won't show the images in the catalogue. I've added the dbase field as an imagefield in the template but still no result (blank field in the catalogue). When I add the dbase field as a text field, it shows part of the code of the image. Anybody tried this and got it working ? John you are really joking. MS Access...

Sharepoint List relationships listed as "Indeterminate" when imported to Access?
Hi - MOSS 3.0, Access 2007. When I import related lists from Shareoint into Access, the relationships that come through are listed as "indeterminate," and it is not possible to enforce referential integrity. Can anyone explain this? Thanks - t "Microsoft" <tschaeffer@fews.net> wrote > When I import related lists from Shareoint > into Access, the relationships that come > through are listed as "indeterminate," and it > is not possible to enforce referential integrity. > Can anyone explain this? SharePoint does not support refe...

Email Tracking?
Hello, We are wondering if there is a way to turn of email tracking at an individual email level. Meaning, if you promote an email and want stop tracking that email for further conversations, is there a way? I can't see a way how to turn it off on an individual basis. Thanks, Chris In the Outlook screen there is a track in CRM button, which will be 'on'. Click it to turn it off and stop tracking that individual email. "Chris Brown" wrote: > Hello, > > We are wondering if there is a way to turn of email tracking at an > individual email level. M...

.mac sync of entourage data: mail, contacts, calendar, projects
Does anyone know how to get all the key entourage information to sync to .Mac so you can keep all this info up to date on several machines via .Mac? (like you can with Apple's Address book and Mail). I think you can hack some of it with e2sync, but it would be great to have all key entourage info sync to multiple devices. No--you should search the entourage ng archives and repost there if you find nothing--there are more entourage experts there than on this group. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage There are (paid) scripts to sync entourage to iCal and ...

Access Upgrade
Looking for a solution to move FROM an Access DB to something bigger and which can be multi-user. Currently uses a local Access DB (not networked) that is copied to the network so the next user can Access. Has anyone upgraded from Access to something more multi-user friendly? If you are talking about a wired ethernet local-area-network, with just a few dozen users, Access is perfectly capable. Just split the database so each user has a local copy of the front end, with tables linked to the shared back end. More info in: Split your MDB file into data and application at: http://all...

Closed Year Accrual Entries
What is the best way to have Accrual Entries entered for a closed year? Aman, is the closed year a year in the future or a year in the past? If in the future, open the Financial Series to posting. If it's a year in the past - 1. Has the financial year been closed (Historical)? 2. Is it the most recent Historical year? If the answer is yes to both of those questions, you can still enter transactions in the most recent closed (Historical) year. GP will automatically create closing entries to update retained earnings and beginning balances for the subsequent (current) year. If it is a...

access/excel multiple instances
I have an access table containing a column of excel objects. In the simpliest case of this problem, if I doubled click one entry for excel, an instance of Excel opens with the correct worksheet open. If I double-click a second entry, a second instance of excel opens but instead of containing the second worksheet, both instances contain both worksheets rather than each instance containing a single worksheet. Further, if one of the instances is closed(by clicking the x on the caption bar) both instances and both worksheets are closed. I have tried messing with Window in toolbar and i...

SSRS 2005 accessing SQL Server 2000 databases
I have been asked to upgrade a server from SS2000 to SS2005 so that SSRS 2005 can be used to create reports using the upgraded database. I maintain that SSRS 2005 can access SS2000 databases directly, so the upgrade may be unnecessary. Are there features of SSRS 2005 which are unavailable when creating reports from a SS2000 database? Be very specific if you are able. Thanks When talking about databases and version you need to consider two things. The database that the report is based on and the location of the databases used internally by Reporting Services. RS can report...

learning access 02-17-10
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to learn access? I know nothing at this point, but must learn it. I was at the same point last month with excel and found this site: http://www.learnmicrosoftexcel.com/free_tutorials/free_tutorials_with_video.htm I paid $14.00 for the cd and learned excel in less than a month. Mike Smart created this cd for someone who knew nothing about excel and it was great! I need something like that. I bought Access 2007 video from Alison Balter and soon realized that video series was for someone that was already familiar with access. I ...

Access 2007: Cannot edit and save access 2000 reports with wherecondition
Just upgraded from office XP to 2007. When trying to edit a ms access 2000 database report including "whereconditions", access asks for saving changes, but the report is still open and nothing is saved. The only viable option is to exit without saving. A "standard" reports without filtering works without any problems. I.e.: "DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[tblNonConfLog]![DateOccurred] >= " & OrderDate" Anybody else experienced this - or has a suggestion for a solution ? Thanks in advance, arildp FYI: Solved this issue by delet...

Database access within an IFRAME
Hi all, I'm quite new to Microsoft CRM, and I have the following problem: I need to implement a custom application within CRM where I can display the accounts in a hierarchical structure as a tree view, for example. I found out that you can do such things by writing your own web application and integrating this application within an iframe into CRM. For this scenario, I need to access all account objects stored in the account entity, of course. How can I get access to the objects stored in the database from an aspx application? Does somebody have an example where this is done? Tha...

open Switchboard from after validating user access level
In my tblEmpID, I have created field EmpID,EmpPassword,EmpRole. Once login form verifies the user by checking EmpId and password, I want to check that if EmpRole = AdminLevel then open “Switchboard” or else open “frmTrackingV2” I was trying to write a code for this condition but not having success so far. Here is my code for Login form which works fine(thanks to Access forum) Private Sub cmdLogin_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdLogin_Click Dim rs As DAO.Recordset ‘Dim rs1 As DAO.Recordset Dim strUser As String Dim strPassword As String txtUserNm.SetFocus strUser = txtUserNm txt...

Online banking access
I downloaded Mocrosoft money home and business and trying to set up the banking and credit card information for online access. Although I have active online access to the bank and credit card, it continuously tells that "Currently, the account set up is unavailable. Please try later again"(banking) and " you don't have online access to that financial institution"(Credit card). I tried many times and this problem persists. I went to online troubleshoot where I didn't find any solution for this. could anyone kindly give me the solution for this? Thanks "...

Outlook Web Access
I recently installed Exchange 2003. When I try to use Outlook Web Access (e.g. http://servername/exchange), I do not get the Outlook Web Access login screen. Instead, I get a Windows prompt for domain\userid and password. Once I enter the correct ID/password, I go to the Inbox screen as I would expect. Why am I not going to the Outlook Web Access login screen? I've enabled forms-based authentication and set cookie authentication time-out values for both Trusted and Public access. What am I missing? Do I need a certificate? If so, how do I create and store one? Thanks. Yes, you&#...

Link Outlook 2003 to Project pro 2003 without the server
Hi all, Is there away of linking my projects to my outlook calendar and task list with out having to get the server. I am a only user and really dont need a server just for this. All I want to do is take the projects I am working on and have them in my task list and on my outlook calendar so I dont have to keep inputting stuff twice. I want more then just exporting my task list to project. I want when I complete a task on the project it is also completed in outlook or the other way around. I dont see why this is not posible. I should be able to create a link between the two for a task. ...

Tracking Investment Properties Money 2002
I am having a hard time figuring out how to track Mortgages, Expenses and Value of multiple investment properties in Money 2002 Standard Edition. I have three rental properties. I have set up an expense and income category for each one and set a category each time I have an expense or receive rents. I think I am OK on the income expense, but think I may need to use classifications somehow instead of categories. I would like to be able to have these investments show up while doing a Net Worth calculation. I will have to enter the estimated value of each property somewhere and conside...

Outlook to Access full Email Address
Hi Everybody I have an MS Access Database that accesses the MS Outlook Inbox. I want to be able to see the full email address that the communication has come from while within Ms Access. However, on some addresses I see "Tom Smith" instead of TomSmith@AOL.com The full address is available because I can see it in the headers Is there any way I can access the full email address within MS Access. Thanks to all Smiley Bob ...

Access linked data
Hiya, I have a database/s ( I never made them) that gets updated by an admin weekly. I need to copy this to a PC that is on a boat and for the boat staff to access it. Basically it is two db's a front and backend, the backend residing on the server, when I copy both db's to the boat pc (no network connectivity) and open db (a) it tries to go looking for db (b) on the server and halts...I need it to look at db (b) I have copied into the same folder. I can use the linked table manager to get it to look in the right place ok but I would prefer if it would automagically look in th...

Replication in Access using USB drives.
How to program a replication of two computers with USB drives if you don't know what letter will a computer assign to a USB drive. Not sure I understand what you mean by "replication of two computers with USB drives", but you should be able to modify the code in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0003.htm at "The Access Web" to determine which drive letters are removable drives. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Bigginer" <Bigginer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

"Help" instructions
Have never used Access. Now trying to convert Excel File to Access. The conditions appearing on the display differ from what is described in the "Help" instructions. What to do? Updated instructions available? Thanks a lot. Hi Karl, One can't actually "convert" an Excel file into an Access file. The process is one of creating an Access database and importing data from the Excel worksheet(s). After that it's usually necessary to restructure the data in order to play to Access's strengths: databases and spreadsheets are very different things. First, m...

Typing into excel, 1 cell per character
Does anyone know if there is a way to type in excel, so that the characters are one to a cell. If I typed hello starting at cell A1, each character would be in cells A1 to A5. Without the need to press the right arrow between characters. Is this even possible? :rolleyes: Thanks Nitesh :) -- Snook ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Snook's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26306 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395800 Snook A macro could help, but you'd have to p...

Access 2003
Hi all, This is not a question. Just for the record, I wanted to report that the Amy's solution at the bottom of this message still perfectly works for MS Access 2003 (MS Office 2003) on Windows XP Home edition. I couldn't find such a helpful solution anywhere else on the net. I'm writing this for those who may search the MS newsgroups for similar problem in future. Thanks a lot Amy Vargo. Sam ======================================================================== From: JBaker (johna.baker@belointeractive.com) Subject: Method 'CurrentDb' of object_'Application f...

Multiple accounts: Single PST or One PST per account
Hi guys, I have 4 email accounts from different companies/universities I work/ study for, and until recently I had all email on one PST. But then the PST just got larger and larger. I thought about dividing the email on multiples PSTs per email account. Is there any problem by doing this? I mean it's even more secure, right? Since it decreases the probability of the all email get corrupted. At most one account gets corrupted that way right? Cheers. Pedro Machado Santa Sure, you can have one account per .pst file and decrease your risk of = losing all of your OUtlook data. What versi...