Totaling Yes's

I need to do a total of the completed (yes or no) for each section.

Example

Yes                No
Personnel Readiness	   Complete Filing        X
Personnel Readiness	   Complete Filing  1

Complete            Not Complete

Personnel Readiness
1                               1

0
belczyk
6/16/2007 3:16:30 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:16:30 -0700, "belczyk@gmail.com" <belczyk@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I need to do a total of the completed (yes or no) for each section.

A Yes/No field is stored internally as a number: -1 for Yes, 0 for No. So you
can simply take the negative of the sum of a yes/no field to count Yes values,
or

Sum(1+[yesnofield])

for Nos.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
6/16/2007 5:00:15 AM
On Jun 16, 1:39 pm, Ken Sheridan
<KenSheri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> If you prefer to avoid what the head of one software company of my
> acquaintance once called "being unduly chummy with the implementation" you
> can sum the results of an expression which returns 0 or 1.
>
> To sum the yesses:
>
> Sum(IIF([YesNoField],1,0))
>
> To sum the nos:
>
> Sum(IIF([YesNoField],0,1))
>
> Ken Sheridan
> Stafford, England
>

> "belc...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > I need to do a total of the completed (yes or no) for each section.
>
> > Example
>
> > Yes                No
> > Personnel Readiness           Complete Filing        X
> > Personnel Readiness           Complete Filing  1
>
> > Complete            Not Complete
>
> > Personnel Readiness

Thank you everyone for all the help.

0
belczyk

How do I calculate total of months that have passed?
I want to know how many months have passed since a certain date. There is a start date and an end date. I want to calculate how many months are in that period. For instance if the start date is 05-01-01 and the end date is 05-03-01 two months have passed. Hi, You can use =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m") where, A1 = 05-01-01 B1 = 05-03-01 "m" = month ("d" for days, "y" for Years, "ym" for Months Excluding Year, "yd" for Days Excluding Years and "md" for Days Excluding Months And Years) Regards Akhilesh Dalia akhileshdalia<at&g...

Linking totals in Excel
I want to link totals from a spreadsheet to a summary total block. I would like to structure the detail totals to take care of all possible categories. (One summary total for each category). The detail data from this weeks spreadsheet may not contain data for all categories. How can I have a "place holder for each total"? Next week the summary total that was empty will be full. I have used nested sub totals but can't figure out how to link those without doing it every time the weekly spread is run. if ;you click edit-copy a cell(e.g A1) and then go to another cell (e.g. F...

Batch Total in Payables Management
Hi Does any one know the logic used in calculating the batch total for Payables Management ....it looks like it uses the absolute values but even then it does not match the document total which seems to be the logical total....I suspect the credit memos values are doubled but can someone please confirm? Thanks in advance AC AC, The batch totals in Payables should be the absolute value of the total of all the documents in a batch. So if you have a credit memo for $200 and 2 invoices for $400 each, the batch total should be $1000. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions...

Totals Query Help!
Hi, I have a table with the following fields: Manufacturer Model Value SoldMonth What I'm trying to do is write a query that will give me an average Value for each month, but I want the average to be based only on records where the Model is consistent across all months. So if Model x is missing from one or more months all records for that model would be excluded from all the overall Monthly averages. So the query will only average records where the Model is present in each month. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Regards.....Jason It'll help us if you can ...

Access VBA creating an Excel spreadsheet with a total line
I have an Access module which dynamically creates an Excel spreadsheet. Now the Business User has asked that we put a Total Line in the Excel spreadsheet. How do I within Access VBA determine the range, because the spreadsheet will never be the same, and then use that range to create a formula to insert to the local recordset which dynamically creates the Excel spreadsheet with the Total Line??? Thanks in advance for your review and help and hopeful for a reply. PSULionRP On Dec 22, 10:35 am, PSULionRP <PSULio...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an Acces...

YES MDI CONTEXT
HI AJAY YES I AM TALKING IN MDI CONTEXT. Why didn't you reply to the original thread? Makes more sense to do that. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Arbind" <arbindb_tech@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:OO0WM$hYDHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > HI AJAY > > YES I AM TALKING IN MDI CONTEXT. > > ...

Adding Minutes & Seconds expressing time differnce if total is over an hour
I am working on a document in which I can do the following: 1)format a column in minutes and seconds ie. 2:30 is two minutes 30 seconds - (Format - Cells - Time - 13:30:55) 2)total the time of the column using SUM 3) Ideally every time my column will add up to one hour, but when it doesn't I want to be able to do the following: if the total is over one hour I want the word "OVER" and the minutes:seconds I'm over one hour and when the total is short I want the word "UNDER" and the number of minutes:seconds I'm short. It's okay (& actually better...

sum total
Hello, I have al total in column a ($3.95) and a total in column b 4,803. When I try to divide it the total comes out as ($18,987.28) but it should be ($18,971.85). What am I doing wrong. Thank you for any help you can give me. -- thank you mac See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html My guess is that your "3.95" is actually more like 3.9532 In article <2909D013-4352-4235-A904-29D66826CCFA@microsoft.com>, mac <mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have al total in column a ($3.95) and a total in column b 4,803. When I > ...

sum of directories does not equal disk total?
I want to clean up my drive and to find out where all the usage was I did a "Properties"inquiry on all the directories. The sum of these is short of the total by 48 of 168 gig used on a 250 gig drive. How do I find out what is using the 48? Thanks Andy AndyM wrote: > I want to clean up my drive and to find out where all the usage was I did a > "Properties"inquiry on all the directories. The sum of these is short of the > total by 48 of 168 gig used on a 250 gig drive. How do I find out what is > using the 48? > Thanks > Andy AndyM wrote: ...

Showing totals from two columns
Is there a way to show the totals from two columns? For example, say I have the number 15 in column A and 7 in column B, I need column C to look like this: 15, 7 But instead I can only get them to appear together giving me 157??? Are there any suggestions? Thanks! Try A1 & ", " & B1 Art "Kristin" wrote: > Is there a way to show the totals from two columns? > For example, say I have the number 15 in column A and 7 in column B, I need > column C to look like this: > > ...

Can Publisher track changes? If yes, how?
In Publisher 2003, can changes be tracked like Word? If so, how? No... Long documents are best done in Word. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "LindaCDC" <LindaCDC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10CF1EE1-49F5-4BBE-B2E7-725A0FDCF6BB@microsoft.com... > In Publisher 2003, can changes be tracked like Word? If so, how? ...

Exclude hidden data from summary totals
I'm trying to write a formula for a subtotal summary cell that will exclude data when the row is hidden and will not produce error values if data is deleted. They should also allow for the insertion of additional rows of data without requiring additional edits of the formula. The cells need to be totaled so that the data within the cells is added, and not just counted. Which I figured out how to do, I just can't get the formula to add the data i have in the cell. In addition, I need a formula for a grand total cell that will sum all of the data in the subtotal formula cell...

running total #N/A problem
hi, i am trying to make a stock register. I have the following row fields: Product, transaction_date and following data fields: receipt, issue, balance (balance is a calculated field whose formula is receipt - issue and shown as running total with base of transaction_date) it is running perfectly allright till i add one more row field called transaction_no after transaction_date. the running total column gives me a #N/A. I am trying to make a stock register that shows the product, dates and transaction no's of each product and five a running total at the end of every transaction. i...

how to build expression with conditins and totals
Ok... I have 3 tables (tbJOBS, tbDept1, tbDept1_DwnTime) and a query that returns: all the jobs ran on range of days ( criteria: between day1 and day2); the time it took to set up; the time it tooke to produce; and, the down time for each job. I was asked to seperate the SetUp's DownTime from Production's DownTime so I added a check box on the "tbDept1_DwnTime" table. Now, my boss can tell if the down time belongs to the setup time or the production time. This works fine. Now, I'm being asked to have the report (query), automatically substract the dow...

Calculating percentage of Total?
I have the following query: SELECT tblSales.Person, Count(tblSales.Model) AS CountOfModel FROM tblSales; This obviously gives me a very simple Count of the Models sold by each Person. What I want is to add a field which calulates what each individual Person's total is as a percentage of the combined total. How can I do this. Would I need a subquery? Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. Regards....Jason Yes, you would need a subquery. And what you posted would not work so you must have left something off. SELECT Person , Count(Model) as Count , (SELECT Count(Model) FROM ...

Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 HELP', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D
I cant receive or send emails in windows mail. What do I have todo? Please copy and paste the error message into the body of your post . . . not the "Subject" line - it got truncated. "valeria migelson" <valemigelson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eW$sk6#kKHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I cant receive or send emails in windows mail. What do I have todo? Judging by the fragment of the error message you have in the subject = line, it looks like you have the wrong settings for Gmail. Use these: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answ...

Sum total bolded figures in a column
I am trying to come up with a simple cell formula to total or sum amounts bolded in a column. Any Ideas? Thanks from a person needing help. mikeburg -- mikeburg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24581 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392229 There's nothing built into excel that will sum values based on formatting. You could use a User defined function, though. Option Explicit Function SumBold(rng As Range) Applicati...

Pie of Pie Second Pie Total 100%
In Excel when I use the Pie of Pie chart type and display percentage data labels, the 2nd pie percentages total the amount of the slice it's consolidating. Is there any way to make the 2nd pie percentages total 100%? Thanks, Hi, Nothing I know of the do this automatically, however you might make a separate column in your data area to calculate the percentages for the sub-pie. And then use the XLChartLabeler to add these as data labels to your chart. You can get the free add-in at http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Ch...

quick way to suppress reading pane totally?
Is there a way to suppress reading pane from appearing all together for outlook 2003? Start Outlook with the /nopreview command line switch. (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP010031101033.aspx) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "forum.microsoft.com" <newsgrp@noMail.com> wrote in message news:ucgtlnY$HHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to suppress reading pane from appearing all together for > outlook 2003? > ...

Highlighting blanks via GO TO SPECIAL is not highlighting blank cells
Long story, but I'm now 4 hours into a simple task. The formula: =IF(AND(ISBLANK(B18),ISBLANK(F18)),"~~~~",IF(ISBLANK(TRIM(F18)),,TRIM(F18))) All those trims are to make absolutely completely sure that when I PASTE > SPECIAL > VALUES from the resultant cells of my formula, I need to make sure that blanks really are blanks. And they are. In fact, I made all the boxes TEXT format once I'd pasted them. And I went into each on and checked that they were blank - no hidden spaces or anything. STILL goto special won't mark them as blank. I REALLY need this urgently, ...

Column Totals
Col. C, Row 8 shows: H, AL Col. C, Row 9 shows: 1.0, 1.0 Col. D, Row 8 shows: A, AL Col. D, Row 9 shows: 1.0, 1.0 Col. L, Row 8 shows: A Col. L, Row 9 shows: 7.50 Col. O, Row 8 show: A Col. O, Row 9 to show: 8.50 Col. R, Row 9 show: H, AL Col. R, Row 9 to show: 1.0, 2.0 Columns O and R are the “totals” columns Do you have a question you want answered? Regards, Fred "something68" <something68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73DBA11E-DDB0-44A9-AEE5-68C1961F3947@microsoft.com... > Col. C, Row 8 shows: H, AL Col. C, Row 9 show...

RE: Yes/No select All or select None
I have a form (continuous) where the user sees a list of all people with a yes/no checkbox beside the name. They can scroll down the list and select individuals by clicking on the Yes/No checkbox. I would like to add a button that allows the user to select all or to unselect all (select none). Any thoughts on how to accomplish this? Thank you, Kelvin Execute an Update query to set the field to Yes or No for all records. Here's the kind of code you would put into the Event Procedure for the Click event of your command button: Dim strWhere As String 'Save any changes...

totaling to a different sheet
I have 2 work sheets, 1 is weekly time card, the other expenses. I want to keep a running total of hours worked from sheet one, and milage driven, material expenses, and reimbursement from sheet 2, listed on sheet 3. can this be done? -- -Brian-H- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ -Brian-H-'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5665 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=465762 Brian, Lets say that sheet1 cell a1 contains (hours) 45 and that sheet2 cell a2 contains (expenses...

my brain not comprehending the yes/no field
I have a db that enters orders. The "product" (insurance plan) has one price but 20 different "attributes" in any combo of one choice to many (plan types like medical, dental etc...) and with one "price" (premium). The plan types must show up on one line in a report with one price (they are not deliminated per plan type). The easiest way for personnel to enter all the plan types would be yes/no check boxes on the input form. My problem is I can't figure out how to make those "yes"es equal the plan name in the report! I know, it's proba...

EFT updating Bank Rec With One Total Amount
It would be helpful if there was a setup option within EFT for PM to update Bank Reconciliation with a total amount versus individual payments. This option currently exists in Direct Deposit and would be nice to flow over to EFT as well. Currently, users need to mark off all the EFT payments that are made on an individual basis. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...