Totaling Yes's

I need to do a total of the completed (yes or no) for each section.

Example

Yes                No
Personnel Readiness	   Complete Filing        X
Personnel Readiness	   Complete Filing  1

Complete            Not Complete

Personnel Readiness
1                               1

0
belczyk
6/16/2007 3:16:30 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:16:30 -0700, "belczyk@gmail.com" <belczyk@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I need to do a total of the completed (yes or no) for each section.

A Yes/No field is stored internally as a number: -1 for Yes, 0 for No. So you
can simply take the negative of the sum of a yes/no field to count Yes values,
or

Sum(1+[yesnofield])

for Nos.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
6/16/2007 5:00:15 AM
On Jun 16, 1:39 pm, Ken Sheridan
<KenSheri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> If you prefer to avoid what the head of one software company of my
> acquaintance once called "being unduly chummy with the implementation" you
> can sum the results of an expression which returns 0 or 1.
>
> To sum the yesses:
>
> Sum(IIF([YesNoField],1,0))
>
> To sum the nos:
>
> Sum(IIF([YesNoField],0,1))
>
> Ken Sheridan
> Stafford, England
>

> "belc...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > I need to do a total of the completed (yes or no) for each section.
>
> > Example
>
> > Yes                No
> > Personnel Readiness           Complete Filing        X
> > Personnel Readiness           Complete Filing  1
>
> > Complete            Not Complete
>
> > Personnel Readiness

Thank you everyone for all the help.

0
belczyk

Adding minutes showing total in hours/minutes, i.e., 60 mins + 60 mins + 15 mins to total of 2 hours 15 mins?
I've been fiddling and fiddling for some time now this evening but I seem to be missing something completely today. In the past I've dealt with adding/subtracting times formatted the same way as the end results, so they've worked from the get-go. In today's case, I have a spreadsheet that I'm using to calculate best fits for movies transferred from VHS to DVD via a DVD Recorder. My DVD Recorder deals with hours and minutes but my internet source gives total running time in minutes only. How do I get Excel 2000 to add up a column of minutes and then give the results in a...

total a calculated column in report
I am constructing a fittings database and trying to calculate the cost of replacing missing fittings. I am calcularing the cost of each fitting that needs to be replaced by; =(([tblFtgs!fldFullStk]-[tblFtgs!fldOnHand])*( [fldCostPer])) subtracting the on hand stock (fldOnHand) from required stock (fldFullStk) then multiplying by the cost for each fitting (fldCostPer). The problem is , I want a total of all the items needing to be replaced by summing the column of that calculation but can't get it to work Trying in a query it says Can't have a Memo , Ole...

Folders and Showing Total Number of Items
I have my contact folders configured to "Show total number of items", not "Show number of unread items". This works fine if I do not have additional contact folders under the top level contact folder. What happens is if the top level Contact folder is closed and there are items in the sub folders (also marked as "Show total number of items"), the top level folder does not reflect thos items. I need to open the top level folder to see what is in the subfolders. Is there a way to propagate the items from the subfolders to the top folder so I can see if there are...

No totals on investment reports
I received an error message re: insufficient memory - error 2109 when I tried to produce investment portfolio reports. The result is I cannot get any grand totals on my portfolio or related reports. I do get sub totals by account and investment type. For example, the report writer will not generate a net worth report or year to date performance data. I have tried the file repairs with no results. Any ideas? -- Danspar In microsoft.public.money, Danspar wrote: >I received an error message re: insufficient memory - error 2109 when I tried >to produce investment portfolio repo...

Total GridView at Client
I have a GridView that is populated from a DataTable in code. The GridView has a column control named "Week1Units" that I want to re-calc a total in the FooterTemplate TextBox control as amounts are entered or changed in the GridView. The GridView generates a table with the id= ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gvTimesheetEntry. The rows contain controls with the table id and extension such as _ctl02_txtWeek1Units that I want to compute the footer total. All controls will contain txtWeekly1Units in their id. Can anyone help on how I can do this with client code (javascript)...

I put a Calc. in to get a total IE =K12 the answer comes up as 0
My Calculation is $28,000.00 i have asked it to be placed in another area as a part of totals, but it appears as 0.00 (argument is E5=K12) Hi Perhaps your calculation is set to manual Tools>Options>Calculation and click on Automatic Regards Roger Govier G4 wrote: > My Calculation is $28,000.00 i have asked it to be placed in another area as > a part of totals, but it appears as 0.00 (argument is E5=K12) ...

Reconciled total
I have been using Ace Money for some time and it has a feature that is quite useful. I actually balance my bank account every two or three days by going online and comparing the transactions that have cleared against the ones in my register. Ace Money would actually show what it called the "reconciled total" at the bottom of the register. This was would match the total from the register from my online bank register and would let me see in a glance if I had made a mistake. I found this very handy. Is there a way to achieve this in Money 2007? -- LJ My Best Friend Is My Wi...

Total in Footer
Hello, I'm new to access and have a question regarding the footer. I created a text box and inserted a basic equation for the the total cost of the order, =Sum( [UnitPrice]*[Quantity]), however it is not appearing on the form. The visibility property on the footer is set to Yes. Please let me know what I am missing - Thanks - On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:58:53 GMT, "TheLee" <u59624@uwe> wrote: >Hello, >I'm new to access and have a question regarding the footer. I created a text >box and inserted a basic equation for the the total cost of the order...

If, say, =SUM(I2:I10) totals "0", how to change formula to put a "0" in I11?
I know this is going to be simple but everything I've not got anything to work. How can we change formula, pls, to have "=SUM(I2:I10)" show up as "0" in I11 if there aren't any values anywhere in I2 to I10? Thanks. :oD If there are no values to sum the formula should already be returning 0. What result are you getting? Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:OV$7dJLnHHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I know this is going to be simple but everything I've not got anything to >work. How can we change f...

Sum total hours worked in excel
I want to add the total hours worked in excel that I book for the month for example: A B C Start Time End Time Total 08:00 16:00 08:00 08:00 14:30 06:30 08:00 15:00 09:30 Total 00:45 It stop at 23:59 and I want it to go on like a total sum, wat formula must I use to do my total sum calc for my time? please help Frankie e-mail: frankiedeconing@harmony.co.za You should format the cells in column C as [h]:mm - that way they will not wrap round above 24 hours, but ...

Manually Calculating Formulas
Hey On a spreadsheet which I'm creating for college I need to calculate the formulas manually. That i've figured out but i'm not sure how to set the totals to zero with the formulas entact in the cells Cheers Tom Evans Spreadsheet Zipped attached +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Car Spreadsheet.zip | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4765 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- gold2040 ----------------------------------------...

can i create formula giving totals based on financial & text info
Am i able to create a formula that gives me monetray totals for expenditure on hotels, split into totals for 6 varying business sectors? ...

count duplicates/total number of occurances
I need to create a report showing the total list of people and the occurances. Currently my list looks like the following: A1 ADAM BROWN ADAM BROWN JOHN SMITH I need a report showing me the name and the total number of occurances e.g. A1 B1 ADAM BROWN 2 JOHN SMITH 1 Please advise on how this could be done? I think this is the easiest way: Select your list Data>Pivot Table Source: Excel List...Click Next Range: (already selected)...Click Next Click the [Layout] button ROW: Drag the Name field here (Dbl-click it and set subtotals to None) DAT...

accumulated total in table
I have a stored procedure that i am trying to update a table coming from a bunch of different calculations. Main issue: i have a temporary table that has item, count, acc_count. i populate the item and count with values, but i need the acc_count to be accumulation of the count in descending count value: Item count acc_count itemA 3 32 itemB 10 25 itemC 4 29 itemD 15 15 I tried to do an update but the update won't let me do an ordered by in the sub-query for my sum: update #tmp_table set acc_count=isnull((sel...

Smarlist Totals
GP V. 10 - when in a smarlist that has columns with numbers I used to have a section on the bottom of the GoTo window called Smarlist Totals - it would open a seperate window that showed totals for any column with a number in it. All of a sudden it is no longer there and I am not sure how to get it back. I am logged in as a Poweruser. -- Thanks Knavas I don't recall this ever being a functionality available in SmartList or SmartList Builder, but hey, I may be wrong. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximu...

totals do not display unless user clicks on text box
I am relatively new to access. I am using access 2007 to create a report that contains subtotals. When the report is displayed on the screen the subtotals are blank. When the user clicks on the subtotal text box then the value appears. The user has to click on each subtotal in order to make the value appear. Has anyone experience this problem? Is there a workaround or solution? Thanks Normally a sub-total in a report is achieved by means of an unbound text box in a group footer with a ControlSource property which is an expression summing a set of values from the detail sect...

Subtable that automatically expands with totals on the top
I would like to create a little worksheet to do some calculations on some sample data. I would like a section of the worksheet to act like a "subtable" with one row for each set of sample data, headings across the top, the ability to add new rows at the top, and with the totals also at the top. For example, if the subtable starts like this: n Head1 Head2 Head3 ... Tot total1 total2 total3 ... 1 data11 data12 data13 ... I would then like some way (ideally a function key or keyboard shortcut) to add a row BEFORE row 1 so that it looks like this: n Head1...

My formula doesn't update totals when I change numbers.
To be specific: If I input 5 in cell A1, and input 6 in cell A2, and input =a1+a2 in cellA3, the total is 11 for cell A3. After I do that, let's say I change my input in cell A1 from 5 to 4. The total in cell A3 should be 10. However, it stays at 11. I only have this problem on my home computer, but not on my work computer. This is driving me crazy, as it makes me lose trust in Excel's ability to automatically update totals. It is likely that the calculation mode is set to manual, not automatic. Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the Calculation tab. There, ensure ...

Why is my 11-pg .xls file 35 MB (yes, EM bee)?
Why is my .xls file 35 MB (yes, EM bee)? I have an excel file with 11 worksheets. Each sheet is less than 1 page of figures. Some cells derive their values by looking up a cell in another worksheet. The print area is defined for each sheet. Saved separately, the individual worksheets are only 15 to 50 KB a piece, which is what I would expect. All together, I would expect the file size to be under 500k, not 35 MB. Dang! I don't get it! (I'm not a frequent excel user - I've probably done something really bone head, but I cannot image what. Teelbee Hi Teelbee, Don't...

how to disable yes/no prompt when mapi is used to send email
I am using compaq insight manager which has the abiolity to sent email alert via the mapi profile with outlook for XP. The problem is a warning pops up saying thisis a VB script and may be a virus sending this email. press yes or no to send. I need to disable this so the emails can be sent automatically. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Help with cell totals
Hi all, My problem is that I have two rows, one contains the manufacturers name, and the other the amount that manufacturer supplies. What I need to do is get the sum of the amount supplies for each manufacturer. Example: Company 1 8 Company 2 5 Company 2 7 Company 1 2 Totals: Company 1 10 Company 2 12 -- blackie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ blackie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15223 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thre...

running total for last 7 calender days
I have a pilot logbook in excel. I need to find total hours in the last 7 calender days. Where are the hours, in a separate column like if you would have the dates starting in A10 going down the hours would be in for instance B10 going down? If so use =SUM(OFFSET($B$10,COUNT(B10:B1000)-1,,-7,)) format as general if decimal values and as [hh]:mm if time values If in the same cell like 03/01/05 02:00 for 2 hours on March 1st, then use =SUMPRODUCT(MOD(OFFSET($A$10,COUNT(A10:A1000)-1,,-7,),1)) with dates and times in A -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "md83" <md83@discussi...

Running Total in report using net of two columns in third column
I have a client time/fees database of over 22k records. I have a report which provided a summary of all time booke and all fees charges to that client. What I require is two additional columns the first which provides a running total of time bookings and the second which provides a running total of the net of the time booked field less the fees charged field, i.e. the net of time bookings which have not been invoiced. I can do this in excel but in access I appear to be getting data from other clients which should not be included in the report. What type of field are you usin...

How do i print page totals when printing?
I'm trying to print a report with running page totals. Page 1 subtotals to 100.00, so show 100.00 as subtotal for page 1. Page 2 totals 50.00, so show 150.00 as subtotal for page 2. ...

Totaling Hours Worked
I have one column that has my start time (6:30 AM) and one column that has my end time (3:30 PM). How do I make the third column total the hours I worked (9.00)? Thanks for any help. Debra Ann (EndTime - StartTime)* 24 To Excel, a day = 1 and an hour = 1/24 so, to convert an hour value "up" to an integer, multiply by 24. Hope this helps, -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "Debra Ann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022801c3d6d5$39f8a340$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have one column that has my start time ...