Tim Sneed: How do I restore/repair a partially converted database?

Tim,

If you don't put your question in the Message area, many of us can't answer
it. There's a little bug where hitting Reply with an empty Message causes an
error.

Also the Subject often get truncated.

Please put a very brief description Subject and further explain in the
Message area.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Convert SQL timestamp to Unix timestamp with timezone
I've been running the following to convert SQL time into Unix time: select DATEDIFF(s, '19700101', end_date), end_date, start_date, event_sub_type, courseid from training.dbo.classes where courseid like 'HLH 110.R031%' However, it isn't taking into account the timezone - I need the unix timestamp to take into account Eastern Time (GMT -5) so that when translated taking into account timezone it comes out as such. For example, given the SQL timestamp 2010-01-14 my script returns 1263427200 (when translated as GMT this is Jan 14, but with the -5 for ET, it co...

Inserting data in .adp database
hello guys, I am trying to insert data in .adp dtabase.But i am not able to insert it,but when i tried it with .mdb file i am able to insert data....can you help me what should i do to inset data in .adp database. should i make change in data type in .adp database. For this i am using "Microsoft ole db provider for SQL Server" This is my data declaration in database in .adp file which is not working column Name Datatype length allownulls 1) ID int 4 2)DateTimeStamp timestamp 8 3) MarketNo smallint ...

Convert mm/dd/yyyy to yyyymmdd Date format in Excel
Seems like it should be easy but I am stuck. Any easy way to convert mm/dd/yyyy format in column to yyyymmdd forma some of the values in my database column for mm or dd have only 1 digit, and would need 0 fillers in order to comply with my final database need Help Thanks in advance Click FORMAT > CELLS > Custom. In the text box in the middle of the dialog box type yyyymmdd then click OK. In that cell(s) if you type 1/20/2003 then hit enter 20030120 will be displayed. Marty >-----Original Message----- >Seems like it should be easy but I am stuck.. > >Any easy w...

convert pdf to publisher #2
I do a quarterly town newsletter. Problem with poor quality printout for ads that come in as pdf's. Been saving as jpegs and inserting as pictures. Tried downloading Ghostscript converter but page can't be found. Printing, scanning and inserting is muddy too. Running on Vista. Any new solutions? Don't have Adobe and shoestring budget. Something of a Luddite and don't understand 16 or 32 bits Thanks! Carol Have you tried the *Snipping Tool* in Accessories? It is better than the Print Screen. You maybe able to get a better resolution ad from the PDF. You could also ...

Backups, Logs, Databases.. Logs written when? Serious Problem
I have a server with 2500 Exchange 2003 Users, 3 Storage Groups, 4 Stores per group. I had to move around a bunch of users between mailbox stores within same storage group on all groups. Problem, now I have 21gigs in the logs and only 13 gigs left on my database spindles. If I run a full backup server will shut down? Not enough space on database spindles. Do I need to run and offline defrag? Do I need to move some mailboxes off server? Will moving mailboxes increase log size? -- DCMETRO1 On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 04:22:01 -0700, "DCMETRO1" <DCMETRO1@discussions.microsoft....

quicken convert errors
When I convert my Quicken 2004 .QDF file to Money 2004, I get multiple errors in the .MNY file. All my dates are 1900 and all my transactions/balances are 0. I've validated my quicken data. Anyone have similiar problems? Thanks M04 cannot import Q04. Only Q03 and earlier. To import Q04 you must go to M05. For many reasons, some of which are listed at http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm, I do not recommend M05. "Jim and Lisa" <j-l-brown@comcast.net> wrote in message news:WamdnQZUX9dMdQLcRVn-sA@comcast.com... > When I convert my Quicken 2004 .QDF file to Money 200...

converting chart to spreadsheet?
how can i revert back to my spreadsheet from a chart? thanks You mean you have a chart but don't have the data it was created from? This article in the Microsoft knowledge base describes a macro that will extract data from a chart. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;137016 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "excel chart" <excel chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E415558-89B6-457B-A340-2A8CE2BA5521@microsoft.com... > how can i revert back to my s...

C2664 can not convert from char[4] to char[]
I have a array and a function which take a char array as a parameter char chs[4]; void func(char [] para) { comecode; } func(chs); when i try to call func, I got a compile error C2664 can not convert from char[4] to char[], how should i do this function call? OS: Windows xp Compiler:MS VC8 Thanks. On Oct 26, 4:11 pm, sevenever <sevene...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a array and a function which take a char array as a parameter > > char chs[4]; > > void func(char [] para) > { > comecode; > > } > > func(chs); > > when i try to call func,...

Access Database Conversion to Excel Database
I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. Hi Greg One way Use Data>Import External Data in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0f301c3ec2b$2b12d830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format > to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. ...

POS 2009 -Changing Databases
I have a multistore environment, and currently with RMS I have a program I designed to switch databases using batch files and registry changes to change the database I'm working in with the click of a button. With POS 2009, I can't seem to find where there is either a registry file that contains this info, or if there is somewhere in the POS 2009 program files folder where I can change the db its pointing to. Anyone know where this is stored? Thanks and much appreciated! Ok, so I don't see ANYTHING for POS2009 in the registry. I did however come across this file in the r...

VBA Compile error when converting to Access 2007
I have converted a database from Access 2003 to 2007, but the VBA project will not compile/run. The problem seems to be with the DAO, but when I go into Tools References and add the MS DAO 3.6 object library back in I get an error saying 'Name conflicts with existing module, project, or object library'. The code it falls over on is: Dim MyIndex As Index Set MyIndex = MyTable.CreateIndex("PrimaryKey") With MyIndex .Primary = True 'falls over on this section .Required = True .Unique = True ...

Convert summed data into 'real' data #2
Thanks Julie I knew it was easy. :) -- Stage2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Stage2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15265 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=268863 Hi Stage2 only easy if you know how :) thanks for the feedback Cheers JulieD "Stage2" <Stage2.1e2n8m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Stage2.1e2n8m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Thanks Julie I knew it was easy. :) > > > -- > Stage2 > ------------------...

Manual move of Exchange 2003 Databases?
We have installed a new SAN and want to move the location of our Exchange 2003 databases from the old SAN to the new SAN. I am familiar with Microsoft KB821915 on how to move databases and logs and have done that previously. However, our databases are quite large (some more than 100GB) and it has been my experience in the past that the MS recommended process takes quite a while. In the interest of shortening our maintenance window, we wanted to restore the files to the new SAN ahead of time. Then, during maintenance, take the databases offline, do a quick incremental backup and restore jus...

Splitting Database 05-13-10
I have completed the process for splitting my database with the assistance of this forum. But I realized that my code to post an appointment to the Outlook Calendar was no longer working. It gave me the message: "Compile Error: User- defined type not defined" and highlighted "Dim outobj As Outlook.Application. " of the code. So I looked at my references and realized that all were not transferred over to the new databases so I began to add the ones I had in the actual database. But now when I add the following reference - Microsoft DAO 3. 6 Object Library, it gives m...

Create inventory-like database?
I want to be able to create an inventory database for the weights of items that I have in stock. I keep items in stock in 2 different sizes so I would need to keep both of them in the database. I already have it broken down in an excel sheet so if there is a way to just import it...that would be great. Lastly, I would want to be able to search the style #, and then it would give me the resulting Weight in size 6 and 10. My excel sheet currently looks like this: Style # Weight Size 6 Weight Size 10 abc 1.1 1.5 def 1.5 2...

access sql database from client machine
I am having a office network consisting of a SBS2003 Server and 12 Client Computers running Windows XP. Now on one of the XP computers I am running SQL7 which holds the database to the program I am running. Now when I log into the system with a username (lets say John) who is a domain user in my sbs sever who has limited rights to the sql7 machine, I am able to run my program and access the database. Now when I log from another windows XP machine with the same user name and run my program I cannot access the SQL7 database as I get the msg “ Time Out “. However if I make the ...

Excel as a database
I am using excel as a database for customers. When I try to merge th database it adds 10 decimal points behind my financial numbers. would like it to merge exactly as it is in my database. Please help! By the way, I got it to work on all my fields except my % fields o fields that I need to show at least 2 decimal points -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Tools Options Edit Uncheck Fixed Decimal "Erin Jenkins" <Erin.Jenkins.yamea@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Erin.Jenkins.yamea@excelforum-nospam.com... : I am using excel as a database for cu...

How do get rid of formatting characters when reporting Issues from reporting database
Issue description and Issue Resolution because they are rich text (I guess) when reported via SQL Reporting Services contains all kinds of garbage like </div>, &nbsp, etc. What's the best way to strip the special characters out when reporting from the database? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Hi Andy, you have a couple of options depending on your SQL version. If you run 2008 you can use the REport builder 2.0 which by the way renders the rich text. If you have 2005 you will need to write some code to strip the HTML tags out. Hope that helps -- Marc Soester [MV...

DBTYP.NET Studio 2010
DBTYP.NET Studio 2010 - Database Comparison Suite Released Vienna, Austria - March 8, 2010 Today, BYPsoft announced the availability of DBTYP.NET Studio 2010, the newest version of the cross-database comparison tool that compares SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle databases (schema and data). DBTYP.NET Studio 2010 is available for download from http://www.bypsoft.com. With its rich support for schema and data cross-database comparison, DBTYP.NET Studio takes the mystery out of databases, making their comparison practical and easy for programmers and database administrators everywh...

stand-by server restore
I am currently installing Exchange 2003 to two identical member servers. In addition I have another identical server for recovery purposes. I'm using BackupExec 9 to backup Exchange databases. I'm familiar with the stand-by recovery server procedures, and have this server configured (identical OS/patches etc) to perform this role should it be required. However, is it possible to install Exchange 2003 on this server in an identical config to the other two servers (store name, path, virtual server config etc all identical) but with empty db stores? Then, should one of the ...

Can Excel convert from hex to decimal and vice versa?
Lotus has a nice easy function that looks sort of like hex>dec or something just as simple. Is there anyway I can get Excel to convert a column of numbers into hexadecimal in an adjacent column or convert back from decimal to hex? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Install the Analysis Toolpak addin and then take a look at the DEC2HEX and HEX2DEC functions. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It'...

need vba help to clean up database #2
I tried to run this function and it didn't work. It asks me to update values and brings up a file search window. No matter what I do it just says name in the cells when I do the last function. The first function works fine but the second function is what confuses me. -- twist ------------------------------------------------------------------------ twist's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16055 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275142 The 2nd formula in Sheet2 is reading: Sheet1 Think you're getting the e...

Restoring Single Mesages
Hi, I'm new to Exchange 2003 and was just wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some decent backup software for Exchange 2003. I'd obviously like to get to the point where it's possible to retrieve any email that a user may have accidently deleted as well as taking the usual daily full backups. What are most people using for backing up Exchange? Thanks for any advice - Ben. On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:28:44 +0100, "Ben Davis" <bendavis2004@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm new to Exchange 2003 and was just wondering if someone coul...

Backing up Exchange databases into smaller files
In a scenario which is becoming all too common, one of my clients has been using their email as the primary filing system for their business for the last few years. At this point they're stuck in their ways and I've had to relent, removing mailbox size limits and hoping that the automatic archiving is sufficient to keep things somewhat managable. Obviously, in this situation the Exchange database has become THE key file for their business and so having a solid backup plan in place is a high priority. While there's no trouble with the tape backup and media rotation, we're...

Excel link to Access Database
Please Help I have my Excel Spreadsheet pull data from access database. Somehow, it does work at one station but not the other. If you have any suggestion please help me. Thanks Perhaps the path to the .mdb is different or the user does not have access to the folder. An intranet path rather than something like Z:\CTHQ\Finance\ would look like :- \\CTHQ\Finance\ (2 slashes to start). --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Brian, Thanks for replying my message. However, that wht I have it setup. I think this may relate to the setup of OBDC driver. Do you know anyt...