the expression you entered has a function name Microsoft Access can't find

I have a startup function that I run from the AutoExec macro that
essentially checks the connection between the front end and back end and
reconnects if necessary.  This has been working for a really long time.
Today, when I opened the database, I got the message:
The expression you entered has a function name Microsoft Access can't find.

Then I get a dialogue entitled "Action Failed" with the following
information
Macro Name: AutoExec
Action Name: RunCode
Arguments: TestStuff(0)

It has three buttons, Step, Halt, Contine.  Halt is the ony active one.

If I run the macro by itself, it works fine.

Any idea why this would suddenly do this?

Thanks;

Amy

0
Amy
1/9/2008 5:02:52 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:02:52 -0600, "Amy Blankenship"
<Amy_nospam@magnoliamultimedia.com> wrote:

>I have a startup function that I run from the AutoExec macro that
>essentially checks the connection between the front end and back end and
>reconnects if necessary.  This has been working for a really long time.
>Today, when I opened the database, I got the message:
>The expression you entered has a function name Microsoft Access can't find.
>
>Then I get a dialogue entitled "Action Failed" with the following
>information
>Macro Name: AutoExec
>Action Name: RunCode
>Arguments: TestStuff(0)
>
>It has three buttons, Step, Halt, Contine.  Halt is the ony active one.
>
>If I run the macro by itself, it works fine.
>
>Any idea why this would suddenly do this?
>
>Thanks;
>
>Amy

Sounds like some sort of corruption. Make a backup of the database (don't
overwrite any existing backups, you may need them!!!) first.

Try in order:

Tools... Database Utilities... Compact and Repair.

Ctrl-G to open the VBA editor, and select Debug... Compile <your database>.
Fix any VBA errors that appear and compile again. If there were errors,
compact and repair a second time.

You may need to Decompile the database - see the instructions at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm.

It might be necessary to delete the TestStuff() Sub from the module that it's
in; copy and paste the source code out to Notepad, delete the routine, compile
and compact the database, copy it back in, compile and compact again.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
John
1/9/2008 6:46:18 PM
OK, thanks.  Will do.

:-)

> On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:02:52 -0600, "Amy Blankenship"
> <Amy_nospam@magnoliamultimedia.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a startup function that I run from the AutoExec macro that
>>essentially checks the connection between the front end and back end and
>>reconnects if necessary.  This has been working for a really long time.
>>Today, when I opened the database, I got the message:
>>The expression you entered has a function name Microsoft Access can't
>>find.
>>
>>Then I get a dialogue entitled "Action Failed" with the following
>>information
>>Macro Name: AutoExec
>>Action Name: RunCode
>>Arguments: TestStuff(0)
>>
>>It has three buttons, Step, Halt, Contine.  Halt is the ony active one.
>>
>>If I run the macro by itself, it works fine.
>>
>>Any idea why this would suddenly do this?
>>
>>Thanks;
>>
>>Amy
>>

> Sounds like some sort of corruption. Make a backup of the database (don't
> overwrite any existing backups, you may need them!!!) first.
>
> Try in order:
>
> Tools... Database Utilities... Compact and Repair.
>
> Ctrl-G to open the VBA editor, and select Debug... Compile <your
> database>.
> Fix any VBA errors that appear and compile again. If there were errors,
> compact and repair a second time.
>
> You may need to Decompile the database - see the instructions at
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm.
>
> It might be necessary to delete the TestStuff() Sub from the module that
> it's
> in; copy and paste the source code out to Notepad, delete the routine,
> compile
> and compact the database, copy it back in, compile and compact again.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Amy

HTTP Error 401.3
Hi, I hope someone can help me. CRM worked fine for a while, but suddenly everybody, except the CRMAdmin account gets the following error: HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource. The website is runnning on SBS2003 and i created the website myself before installing CRM. The folder where the webdata is stored is :\inetpub\MSCRM IUSR account does have the right permissions.. I cannot find any messages in the IIS website logfile I found some articles about this error, but i do not know where to start because they assume you have the w...

Users asked to enter Username / Password /Domain when opening outl
Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we eneter it again we get and error that the information store could not be opened. We are running Exchanage 5.5 with Windows 2000. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?= <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DD28037B-B6C8-4575-B0CC-F80C14991716@microsoft.com: > Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / > domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we > eneter...

Finding a property
What is the syntax to find the name property for: subform name on a page of multiple pages on a tabcontrol on a form I know that there is a SubForm.Name but I cant figure out the proper syntax. It seems to me that you should be able to use: Forms!TabControl!Page!SubForm.Name I know that name is a property of a control. I just don't understand the logic in the hierarctical naming conventions especially with reference to the "Me." identifier. I would appreciate a jink to a good reference. Hi, try Forms!SubFormContol.Form.Name -- Best regards, ________...

How to suppress "Entourage cannot find server" message when offline?

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

finding the area under the curve in a graph in excel
Need help having excel calculate the total area under the curve of a graph in excel. Have a look at Bernard Liengme's website: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/ HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Need help having excel calculate the total area under the curve of a graph in >excel. >. > ...

Array Function Question
I have little knowledge of Array Function. I'm updating a spreadsheet developed by someone else. One array formula trying to lookup data in another spreadsheet looks like below: {=SUM(IF([Data]Data!$A$3:$A$70>=DATEVALUE("01/01/2006"),IF(Data]Data!$A$3:$A$70<=DATEVALUE("03/01/2006"),IF(Data]Data!B$1:$AR$1=A5,Data]Data!$B$3:$AR$38))))} I was told to press Ctrl/Shift/Enter to refrsh the data and it worked last time(3 months ago). But this time the cell won't refresh but shows the formula text. The formula should be fine. Did I miss anything to refresh...

URL access
Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? In addition, can you hand search condition? Hello, I searched the SDK for this, but only found out about URL addressable forms. Seems to me like you have to write a custom ASP.NET web application (grid) to write this behavior. Anyone else? Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "a-kun" wrote: > Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? > In addition, can you hand search condition? ...

With a Query in Access 2007, How can I Create This Query
I need a query that will list all records in table 1 for which there are no auditor records (Table 3). Somehow, I need to use the relationship between tables 2 and 3 to find what's not in table 1. The following query gives me a list of all records that do have auditor records. I'm at a dead end on this one. Query SELECT PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTAuditingTherapist, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTFirstName, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.TherapistLastName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTFirstName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.Medicare, AuditDet...

Excel 97 dropdown function box
The dropdown function box on the Formula Bar show formulas but will no longer show "More Functions". How can I get this item back? ...

lotus approach queries VS access queries.
Hi, We are migrationg from approach to access. My basic underastanding of the procedure is that the data has to be migrated and all the other features like forms and reports have to be recreated. Is 'Approach query' different from MS Access query? Can this be assumed to be replaced by Access query? cheers, Nuti ...

Access 2007 combobox will not "Auto expand"
I have a database converted from access 2003 to 2007. Now ALL comboxes will not allow the "autoexpand" functionality. Obviously I set this property to yes (both in the properties window AND programmatically). Most, but not all, of the comboboxes are populated by queries on ODBC coupled MSSQL tables. Again, in 2003, this worked fine. Anybody an idea ? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

Cannot enter an array formula
I'm trying to help a user on a toshiba laptop with array formulas. For some reason he cannot create an array formula. The formula evaluates on everyone else's laptop but his. He has Windows 98 and Office XP Professional. Has anyone encountered this? Ryan If he can't create it then you wouldn't know that it doesn't evaluate, so which is it? What's the formula? and can he actually create it but it doesn't appear to have the right answer. If you hit F9 does the right answer appear? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

odbc connection with access comma is not showing
I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION and Access. When I run the query a number "23" shows up as "2300000". I think the comma is not showing maybe because of setting problem. I do not know how to fix this. In the Navsion database figures are correct. sounds like a ODBC driver problem. Probably due to precision see http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/6072.aspx Pieter "Remko Strik" <Remko Strik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83F3871-DDCB-44E7-BC50-6CAD87659284@microsoft.com... >I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC
Dear Forum Members: I have installed Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45, but I can't get Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC image) up and running on my external hard drive. Does anyone know how to point Microsoft VPC to the Microsoft CRM VPC image loaded on my external hard drive? Please help! Thanks, I think the CRM3 VPC has expired "Caseroo" <Caseroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C46BB4-71F1-41C1-8BB2-899325493D1E@microsoft.com... > Dear Forum Members: > > I have installed Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45, but I can't get Microsoft CRM > 3.0 > (VPC i...

Microsoft Money with Palm
Does Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe allow you to use a Palm Pilot? Or do I need to buy the Ultrasoft Money Link software? You have to buy Ultrasoft Money. Microsoft likes the windows handheld devices not Palm-based, so out of the box they only supply software for windows. By the way Ultrasoft Money works very well. Tim wrote: > Does Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe allow you to use a Palm > Pilot? Or do I need to buy the Ultrasoft Money Link > software? You need to buy Ultrasoft. >-----Original Message----- >Does Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe allow you to use a Palm >Pi...

how to delete Microsoft office
How can i delete microsoft office from my computer. i downloaded the demo but i don't want it anymore. Thank you "Dany" <Dany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2B2C1A8-2A65-4E97-BE3B-EC2DC2D42107@microsoft.com... > How can i delete microsoft office from my computer. i downloaded the demo > but > i don't want it anymore. Thank you Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs, Microsoft Office, Remove. Dany Or if you cannot as Jeff posted then see the below http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 -- Peter Please Reply to ...

run Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line
This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? (like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) In a command line I am not sure. Try posting at microsoft.public.publisher.programming Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. > >How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? >(like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) >. > ...

Move a particular named sheet to the end.
Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last sheet within a workbook? Your assistance will be appreciated. -- Thank U and Regards Ann Try this: Worksheets("Total").Move after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) "Ann" wrote: > Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last > sheet within a workbook? > > Your assistance will be appreciated. > > -- > Thank U and Regards > > Ann > Barb, Works a treat, thank you for your assiatance. -- Thank U and Regards Ann "Barb Reinhar...

Outlook Express blocking some attachments
My boss is sending me perfectly safe attachments, usually graphics, and Express blocks them so I can't open while letting through other attachments in the same email. What can I do to fix this? Thanks! Tools->Options->Security. I have lost count, but this must be close the 100,000th repeat of the same question. Next time, try google. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find so...

File Naming for Picture Order
I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. bjackson wrote: > I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and > want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical > order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. ======================= Instead of... 1, 2, 3,.....10, 11, 12... Try this... 0001, 0002, 0003,.....0010, 0011, 0012 If you are batch renumbering the f...

Outlook Express address bk. from Mac to Outlook PC ?? Help
I am trying to export the address bk from my Outlook Express (Mac OS 9.2) to a form that my Outlook PC (Windows XP) can read and use. Any thoughts on what procedure to follow. When I export from the Mac it just saves it as a "Simple text" file - no much good for what I want to do. Any thoughts??? ...

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003
I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option: Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for re-linking my front end database to the backend. No tables show in the table list. If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object ‘IfieldListWnd’ failed. As a work around I have to delete all the table links from the front-end and then File/Get External Data/Link Tables. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. "...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...