Text duplicating itself in text boxes on subform.

I've googled this one high and low, but can't find a similar hit.

Client opens employee record with Address subform embedded.
The screen shot they sent me shows the data corrupted as follows,
with an diminished copy of the text tacked onto the end.  Imagine
the following, but without the spaces, which I added for clarity.

City:  Madisonville adisonville disonvi
State: KYY
Zip:   42431 2431 431 31 1

You can view the actual screen shot here ...
    http://www.amazecreations.com/datafast/Citrix_Issue.jpg

Has anybody ever seen anything like this?  If I told you it happens
on an Access app running under Citrix, would that make a difference?

Danny J. Lesandrini
dlesandrini@hotmail.com

0
news
6/28/2007 5:18:43 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Mulitpost?  I like to call it a parallel post. :-)

After not getting any immediate hits on that one, I decided to repost
without
the reference to Citrix.  I was afraid people saw the Citrix reference and
decided they didn't have anything to contribute, but realistically, it may
have
nothing to do with that.

I can't reproduce it myself.  It was reported by a client who uses our app.
No other clients have ever reported it.  In fact, as far as I can tell, no
one
in the history of Access has ever reported it.

I'm afraid that if this one doesn't jump out at you, there is no way to
deduce
what's happening, let alone fix it.

> James A. Fortune humorously replied ...
>
> Danny,
>
> I've never seen that happen before, but you can check out the following
> multipost for possible answers :-):
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/4f6306d7e28bf4c1
>
> As a shot in the dark, do you get the same behavior if you update the
> subform RecordSource instead of using the Link values (when only one user
> is on)?
>
> James A. Fortune

0
news
6/28/2007 8:51:13 PM
news.microsoft.com wrote:
> I've googled this one high and low, but can't find a similar hit.
>
> Client opens employee record with Address subform embedded.
> The screen shot they sent me shows the data corrupted as follows,
> with an diminished copy of the text tacked onto the end.  Imagine
> the following, but without the spaces, which I added for clarity.
>
> City:  Madisonville adisonville disonvi
> State: KYY
> Zip:   42431 2431 431 31 1
>
> You can view the actual screen shot here ...
>     http://www.amazecreations.com/datafast/Citrix_Issue.jpg
>
> Has anybody ever seen anything like this?  If I told you it happens
> on an Access app running under Citrix, would that make a difference?
>
> Danny J. Lesandrini
> dlesandrini@hotmail.com

Danny,

I've never seen that happen before, but you can check out the following
multipost for possible answers :-):

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/4f6306d7e28bf4c1

As a shot in the dark, do you get the same behavior if you update the
subform RecordSource instead of using the Link values (when only one
user is on)?

James A. Fortune
MPAPoster@FortuneJames.com
0
James
6/28/2007 8:54:45 PM
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:51:13 -0600, "news.microsoft.com"
<dlesandrini@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I can't reproduce it myself.  It was reported by a client who uses our app.
>No other clients have ever reported it.  In fact, as far as I can tell, no
>one
>in the history of Access has ever reported it.

<g> I've certainly never seen or heard of it.

>I'm afraid that if this one doesn't jump out at you, there is no way to
>deduce what's happening, let alone fix it.

Think you're right about that!

Maybe it's like that room in the Zork caverns where everything you say
echoes...

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
6/28/2007 11:37:01 PM
Ha ha.  The users call this the "echo" problem.

> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:51:13 -0600, "news.microsoft.com"
> <dlesandrini@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I can't reproduce it myself.  It was reported by a client who uses our
>>app.
>>No other clients have ever reported it.  In fact, as far as I can tell, no
>>one
>>in the history of Access has ever reported it.
>
> <g> I've certainly never seen or heard of it.
>
>>I'm afraid that if this one doesn't jump out at you, there is no way to
>>deduce what's happening, let alone fix it.
>
> Think you're right about that!
>
> Maybe it's like that room in the Zork caverns where everything you say
> echoes...
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
news

Duplicate emails
Hi all just wondering why a user using outlook...send an email, then 8 mins later the recipient gets the same email again>?? Any ideas.... Cheers Very likely some intermediate SMTP server or Cisco firewall causing duplicates. Compare Internet headers (time in Received: ) of two successive duplicates. The first Received: with different times will preceed server, that is causing the problem. Andrew wrote: > Hi all just wondering why a user using outlook...send an email, then 8 mins > later the recipient gets the same email again>?? > > Any ideas.... > > Cheers Y...

Deleting Non-Duplicate Rows
Have done tihs is the past, but can't remember how: Have a sheet with 9500+ rows. Column C contains a storage bin number. Want to delete all rows that DO NOT have a duplicate (trying to resolve items that have a duplicate bin number.) Have sorted the sheet on Column C. THX. . . -- BillW ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BillW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27516 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470299 You could use a helper column of formulas: =countif(c:c,c1)...

Max Limit for Values in List Boxes and Combo Boxes in Outlook forms
Folks, a user is setting up a form. She wants to have several combo boxes and list boxes with between 75 and 300 (yes, 300 -- that's not a typo!) possible values in the combo box or list box. Before she starts work on this, she would like to know if there is a limit on the number of possible values for a combo box or a multi-select list box. Is there a limit? Is it defined by the number of characters in the values box, or the number of actual values? What is the limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. David consulttech2004@hotmail.com ...

Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are "multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type. I noticed a similar post several months ago (see http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl). Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported t...

Excel should default to autoformat for chart text boxes
Excel in (Office 2003 and as far as I can tell all previous versions of Excel) should default to autoformat for chart text boxes - it currently selects "none" for outline and background options ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

Help with Combo-box
Hey everyone, hopefully someone's run across a problem similar to this and their is a (simple :) solution). Basically I have a simple combo-box that is displayed in a dialog. Now, the problem is that I have around 7200 entries that I want to appear in that box as valid selections...well thus far I haven't been able to get that many entries as a possibility (the combo-box simply refuses to allow me to enter that many fields of data). :( Okay, I tried googling this (thought maybe there was a readily defined maximum on combo-box data size) but I couldn't find anything that wou...

pre-select new record in combo box
Hi, I have a form (frmActivity) with a combo box (cboStore) that gets its data from a table (Store). If there is a new store which dose not show in the combo box I have a command button on the same form that open a popup window for entering the name of the new store. In the 'on close' event of the popup I requeary the combo box (cboStore) on the main form so that the new store will appear. What I would really like is to have the new store already selected in the combo box when the popup is closed. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks, Phil Try after the requery of the ...

Need help extracting text from EDLs
I really am trying to learn this stuff, but I haven't programmed anything since my TRS-80 Basic days and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I want to extract text from Edit Decision Lists so that I have a list of shots used in a film. Here is an example of one event of an EDL: 002 TAPE004 V C 04:45:22:06 04:45:24:14 02:00:08:00 02:00:10:08 FROM CLIP NAME: 7C-4_B_ DLEDL: PATH: /raids/luc_1/bun/reel_02/oscans/1222/bun_7c_4_b_02/2048x1556/ The text that follows "FROM CLIP NAME:" is the name of the clip that I want to extract so that I have a document on onl...

Automatically display set text based on users composition
Hi, im trying to do something really simple, trouble is i dont know what the feature's called to be able to search for tips on how to do it. Basically in outlook messages, when a user begins writing a sentence e.g. "in the terms of" i need a tag to pop up that allows the user to press enter and then the remainder of what they will want to type in will be inserted in, its a yellow tag that comes up above the words. i dont know where it needs to be created and enabled. Cheers, Rhys. ...

Text-To-Columns Fixed Width
When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fixed Width criteria and PRE-assigns the width. In most of the cases I work with Excel is wrong 99% of the time. Is there a way to force Excel to NOT pre-assign the width (leave everything blank)? On the first panel of the wizard click Delimited, then on the second panel click space as the delimiter. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 4, 12:50=A0am, TP <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fix= ed > Width ...

Outlook 2003: Cursor automatically in To box when
Whenever I create a new message; reply to one; or forward one in Outlook 2003 on a machine I inherited from someone else at work, the blinking text cursor is automatically placed in the To box. I've never seen this happen before in Outlook or any other email app and its quite annoying. I end up having to either retype the beginning of my message again in the body of the email or cut and paste what i've already began to type. Please help, DMarrs@biziteks.com On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:16:12 -0700, <DMarrs@biziteks.com> wrote: >Whenever I create a new message; reply to one...

Moving comment box leader arrow head
Can I move the position of the head of a comment arrow from one corner of the cell it references to another corner? When I display the comment box/arrow for printing it looks as if it is refering to the cell on the right, since the comment arrow points to the upper-right corner of the cell, instead of the upper-left. Francisco ...

Outlook Client on CRM 1.2 Server Box for Demos
Hi, Did a CRM 1.2 install on Windows 2003 Server and all is working well. I have been seeing things on this newsgroup that say I should be able to install the Outlook client as well on this machine although it is an unsupported configuration. This is for demo's only. I am running it under Virtual PC. I would like to not have to have 2 Virtual PC images running just to show the Outlook integration to CRM. When I try to install the Outlook client I get a message at the start saying that the Outlook client is already installed. It is not. Suggestions anyone? Alan ...

Excel 2003 fuzzy search for duplicate.
Hello everyone, does anyone know of an application or vb code that can be used to search in two worksheets (like VLOOKUP) on similar matches using fuzzy logic? For example, if on one sheet I have I.B.M and the other IBM or James Smith on one and Jim Smith on the other, is there anyway of giving confidence codes to the match? Thanks very much for your help, Hi Asha, Look at soundex codes as explained by John Walkenbach http://www.j-walk.com/SS/excel/tips/tip77.htm You can use the SOUNDEX function as a worksheet formula, and then use VLOOKUP on that. In your example, both James Smith and ...

Code to send SMS text message?
Hi, I would like to send an SMS text message to a cel phone via code within Excel 2007. Has anyone done this? What code / services / products do I need to accomplish this? Does anyone have an example? Thanks in advance. --Dan What gateway are you using? What you would need to do is to snd a internet message to a gateway provider which would then send the messae out on the wireless land. Most likely you are using a webpage interface from your PC to interface with the gateway. So opening up an internet explorer and goiong to an URL is probably the method to use. ...

Access 2007 Rich Text Question 04-28-07
Hi All In the plan text version of a Memo field you can easily add a date by pressing Ctrl+Colon which makes life easy for the end user. However, if the Memo field is set to the Rich Text Property this no longer works. Or am I missing something? Tom gave me a part answer last week but I cannot see a way of inserting a date on a Rich Text Memo field by using keystrokes Thanks ...

Text box and formatting?
I am working on class schedule and have one text box which spans a few pages. Pages are double columns. I have a header for each class and paragraph given for class description. On the last page, last column, one description appears at the top with empty space for the rest of the column. I would like to change the formatting of the text in the whole text-box so that most of the last column is used. I can select the text in the text box which expands over the few pages and play with the font size, but that would mean that all the text would be the same size. Is there a way that text...

How do I use text in a cell as a range name in a formula
If cell A1 had the text TEST in it and TEST is the name I have given to a group of cells using the name box what formula can I use to give me the sum of TEST, thats is the sum of the cells in the group called TEST. I understand that I can simply have =SUM(TEST), but I want the formula to refer to Cell A1 to get the name ie =SUM(A1) doesn't work obviously Any help appreciated Thank you In this case, you want to use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =SUM(INDIRECT(A1)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kiwi" &...

How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it
I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide. I need to find and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them. Instead, I could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows. In the customer assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do. This is one option: =COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1 copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True HTH Ola Sandstr�m Picture encl.: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1 +---------------------------...

deleting duplicate cells
I am back again... Thanks to everyone's help here last time, I was able to finish all my work and do it correctly. Ken- I asked last time i was here about deleting duplicate cells. Some of the names(address, etc) are repeated in my sheet. I want to delete the extra cell of the people who are in here twice. Not jus the cell but their record, name, address, city, state zip when they are in their twice so that they will only be listed once. You told me how to do this once but i cant find where it is on the board. Thanks for all the help.... BR4 -----------------------------------------...

wrapping text in a query field
I set up the field in table to memo and tried entering a lot of information but when I open the report that field does not expand to show all of the entries. Can this be done in query and reports both. Thanking you in advance. Mary Lou On Dec 12, 12:06 pm, MaryLou <Mary...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up the field in table to memo and tried entering a lot of information > but when I open the report that field does not expand to show all of the > entries. Can this be done in query and reports both. > > Thanking you in advance. > Mary Lou Go to the p...

Pasting "Character Spacing" adjusted text
Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>by 2.5 rather than "Suberscript" for all the verse numbers. Is there a way to Copy the text and paste it into Publisher to maintain the appearance of the raised verse numbers? I do not see the Character Spacing formatting features in Publisher. We are using Office 2002. Jim wrote: > Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. > They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>...

Font Size Problem in Options Dialog Box
I recently noticed that the font size on each of the tabbed dialog boxes under Tools > Options is huge and the words don't even fit in the boxes. The font size of the tab titles in normal. Does anyone know what might cause this, or where it can be reset or adjusted? This condition is recent and has not always been this way. TIA -- Wayne Boatwright o�o ____________________ BIOYA Try starting Outlook one time with the /cleanviews switch. start->run->outlook.exe /cleanviews. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files in a mail m.
I am a student who is learning MS Publisher 2003. In mail merges, publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files. If you try to mail merge with a tdt file, the data appears as one column entry, making it impossible to sort by separate fields or insert separte fields as a formally formatted address block. Converting the file to a comma-delimited text file (comma separated values) solves the problem. The fields appear separately as they should in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, so that you can sort by separate fields and then set up a properly formatted address block. Pl...