Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)

I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in
one table but related.

Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report
everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design
a report for them with the required query.

I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes
the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only
headers needed, not data).
Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will
appear in another list box.
Users should be able to then select the order of fields, field for
sorting, report layout in landscape / portrait, paper size. and finaly
when they hit a button it should generate a report with the selected
fields.

Some one please guide my way through it.

I had problem in frst step itself ( Getting Table headers in list box)
List box displays only data.

Thanking in anticipation
0
Rajtomar
11/25/2009 9:48:29 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 01:48:29 -0800 (PST), Rajtomar
<rajtomar219@gmail.com> wrote:

While that may seem a good idea at first, very quickly you are
developing a Report Designer, and Access already has one. You could
not possibly write 10% of its functionality in a month.
So for those power users offer their own copy of Access, connecting to
the same back-end, so they can create their own reports. For everyone
else a good criteria form that offers some data filter and some sort
options is probably enough.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in
>one table but related.
>
>Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report
>everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design
>a report for them with the required query.
>
>I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes
>the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only
>headers needed, not data).
>Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will
>appear in another list box.
>Users should be able to then select the order of fields, field for
>sorting, report layout in landscape / portrait, paper size. and finaly
>when they hit a button it should generate a report with the selected
>fields.
>
>Some one please guide my way through it.
>
>I had problem in frst step itself ( Getting Table headers in list box)
>List box displays only data.
>
>Thanking in anticipation
0
Tom
11/25/2009 1:31:20 PM
I quite appreciate your understanding and certainly that will be the
finest way to accomplish my task.

But If you can suggest me one more thing , it would become just
perfect -

If it is possible to place a command button on the form and on click
it should open the report wizard.
After the report is generated and is used for printing or saving
purpose, that report should be deleted from the database otherwise
such reports will kep adding to it

So if a code can remember the prestored reports name and just delete
any other report would be fine.

Thanks a lot
0
Rajtomar
11/27/2009 3:43:25 AM
Take a look at

Customized report/query based on user input

You might want to consider the Query By Form applet at
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='DH%20Query%20By%20Form'

***FEATURES***

The DH QBF is a complete query by form applet that can be easily integrated
into any existing Access application. Typically, the functionality provided by
DH QBF can replace many "canned" reports. The developer imports several forms,
tables, a query, and a report from the DH_QBF.mdb, creates some master
queries, and deploys.

The developer creates one or more master queries that join tables, alias
field names, create calculated columns, etc. The users can then select a
master query (data source) from a drop-down and then select up to 30 fields
from the master query. Users can define sorting and criteria as well as
grouping and totaling. All of this "design" information is stored in two
tables for re-use.

The results of the queries are displayed in a datasheet subform contained in a
main form. The main form has options to send/export the records to print, Word
table, Word merge, Excel, HTML, CSV, Merge to Report, or a graph. Most formats
allow the user to automatically open the target application. The Word merge
process will open a new Word document and link to the merge fields.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Rajtomar wrote:
> I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in
> one table but related.
>
> Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report
> everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design
> a report for them with the required query.
>
> I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes
> the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only
> headers needed, not data).
> Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will
> appear in another list box.
> Users should be able to then select the order of fields, field for
> sorting, report layout in landscape / portrait, paper size. and finaly
> when they hit a button it should generate a report with the selected
> fields.
>
> Some one please guide my way through it.
>
> I had problem in frst step itself ( Getting Table headers in list box)
> List box displays only data.
>
> Thanking in anticipation
0
John

Custom Views 05-12-06
I have created a view for Leads that shows up in the view list, but the added columns are not showing up and filters are not working. Is there something else I need to do to get these things to work? I published the customizations and did an iisreset just to play it safe, but it still show up in the view list, but without additional settings. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Hi, Which version are you using? 1.2 or 3.0? Gustaf "Brandon" wrote: > I have created a view for Leads that shows up ...

Chrystal reports and using custom fields as a filter
I’ve read a comment on the problem that occurs when using custom fields as a filter for Chrystal Reports in MS CRM. This is the related post on the MS CRM newsgroup. ------------------------- or open the report and click Database - verify database to make the report aware of the new fields -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Stephen Redmond" <stephen_at_crm.ie@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:%23W1EI%23sqEHA.896@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >Keng, > >You need to refresh the report...

Grey box #2
I have created a graph in a worksheet, but as soon as return to a cell the graph area turns grey and I can't se the content of the graph. how do I fix this? Thanks Choose Tools>Options On the View tab, under Objects, select "Show All" Click OK olofcitifig wrote: > I have created a graph in a worksheet, but as soon as return to a cell the > graph area turns grey and I can't se the content of the graph. how do I fix > this? > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Error When Accessing Reports
Hi All Currently installed MS CRM on R2 SBS Premium - SQL 2005 - SQL RS 2000 Everything works fine except when I try to double click into reports this error message occurs. Any Ideas? Thanks Beforehand Andrew Au Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The feature: "Report history snapshots" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.OperationNotSupportedException: The feature: &...

EFT Prenote should read Checkbook identified in customer master
Client has EFT for RM and has multiple checkbooks - one US and one Canadian. The checkbook is selected accordingly on the customer master record. When Prenotes are generated the checkbook specified is not looked at and all of the prenotes are grouped together in a single file. They do not need Multicurrency nor do they want to add that complexity. There needs to be logic to look at the checkbook when the prenote is generated and currently that functionality is not built in. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

XADM: Error 1084 Reports corruption in an RTF Attachment
Hi, Just got this error message on my Exchange 2000 enterprise server for the MSExchange IS Mailbox store in the event logs. The server is running OK. The store is working OK. Checked article 232685 and it said that exchange is operating by design but the article is refering to Exch 5.5 Is this error safe to ignore. No third party products have been installed in the last year. thanks -- Kath ...

Drop Down Combo Box Help?
I have a drop down combo box on my form with names and whenever you choose a name in the list it displays record below (in the subform) for that chosen name based on a customer ID that links the combo box to the records in the subform below. However when i first open the form it displays one name but the records of another (this only happens when form is first opened). How can i make it so that the name in the drop down when the form opens also displays records below that belong to the first or default name in the combo box?? How are you accomplishing that link? If you have have the su...

Transporting custom field from one entity to another.
Not sure if I phrased it right, but I created some custom fields and tabs on the campaign response entity. I know need to, when converting this campaign response to a lead, to transport those fields to fields on the lead entiy, that I have also created. Can this be done from CRM, or will I need to use SQL to map these fieds? Thanks in advance, Ok, the real problem is that I want to map fieds from the campaign response entity which is only related to the campaign entity. I can map fields from the campaign entity to the lead entity. The question is how can I do this if I dont have an exis...

employee ID into text box, need to show all ID's that have ck in on same form
I have a problem, I enter employee ID into text box, I need to show all ID's that have ck in on same form. I have table with employee ID info. I need to show all employee's on the same form as they check in. I have done query's subforms showing the ID but will only refresh if I close the form then reopen. This is on a single PC. Using Access 2007 <I'm at a loss> I have; Employee_Info Table Date_Time_IN Query, Date_Time_IN Table, Date_Time_OUT Table jfire wrote: >I have a problem, I enter employee ID into text box, I need to show all ID's >...

SHOW Customer ADDRESS in Customer FIND WINDOW?
Is there a way to show customer street address in the FIND customer lookup window. Our business is address based, and verifying we are not adding a address that already exists is important. Are there any add on's ? -- RMS 1.3, MSDE 3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2 Server 2003 sp1 Domain Static IP Hi, We have an add on which displays all fields for customer and also allows you to search on these fields. If you register on www.rmsstore.com, you will be able to download the add on, Thanks "DDowningMO" wrote: > Is there a way to show customer street address ...

euro 2004 league table
Hi, im trting to create a euro2004 league table,by entering the scores, allocating relative points to each team then sorting each league of 4 teams in order. Everything is ok if they required sorting by points only, but in the case of teams being equal on points, their position in the league is determined by the result of matches played between the two teams in question. If anyone has any thoughts that may help.....?# Thannks in anticipation Yogi. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Do you mean head to head games or just total games played? If it's total games played, t...

Investment Verification doesn't list matching security
Hello, I recently installed Money 2007 Deluxe. When I update my statement from my DWS-Scudder account (it doesn't happen with my other account), I get prompted with the investment verification step to either add the new security or match it with an existing security. The bizzare thing is, the name and symbol it displays is already in the portfolio with the exact same name and symbol, but it doesn't show it in the matchlist drop-down. And if I choose the second option, which is to add the security, it tells me I can't add it because the same name and symbol already exist ...

Customize forms
Is there a way to add different columns to my OWA tasks folder? I would especially like to do this in my tasks folder in my public folders. Thanks, Tim Outlook Web Access is only a web VIEW of your Exchange mailbox. I don't know if customizing the default Exchange Mail Task item to show your custom view if it would translate to the web view - I presume not. Double check by asking in an Exchange group since Outlook Web Access, despite its name, is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Du...

inserting multiple columns from combo list
Hey everybody, I am a newbie to access. I trying to pull employee firstName, lastName, and middleInitial from a table and insert them into one employee field in a timecard table. I get the drop down list to show complete names in the 3 columns but when I choose a name I only get the first name inserted into the employee field. Evidently the query is finding everything but I can't get them to cancatenate into the field. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Andre Use the Column property of the combo box. The column reference is 0 based, so assuming your columns are First, Mi...

Formatting page header/footer using cell values.
Hello experts! Excel has a nice option to format various parts of a chart using cell values. Can the same be done for headers/footers, e.g. that the header displays value of cell A5. Thanks, Marko. Hi Marko, Try this... ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = Range("A5").Value Regards Ankur/Kanchan www.xlmacros.com Pygmalion wrote: > Hello experts! > > Excel has a nice option to format various parts of a chart using cell > values. Can the same be done for headers/footers, e.g. that the header > displays value of cell A5. > > Thanks, Marko. Thanks! ...

Customize Case fields
Is it possible to customize the Case Type, Satisfaction, Status Reason and Priority fields of a CRM Case? We have specific priorities and case types that we need to add to the drop down lists when creating a case. How (and where) can this be done? Aslo, can a drop down be created for the Resoloution field when resolving a case as we report on specific support issues and would like to group by specific faults. Thanks Nik Hi Nik, It is very much possible. Its the power of MS CRM to customize such requirments like adding new fields and changing the existing values of the drop down(pickl...

Mail Merge & Custom Fields
Just thought I'd share my misadventure today............I nearly finished our Quoting printout via mail merge, and I just needed to add one custom field and it was good to go. Didn't work. A few head scratches and a link later I found this: http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=30055&code=7842 key phrase: Mail Merge for custom fields in Microsoft Business Solutions CRM version 1.0 is NOT supported. So now I'm back to using Crystal Reports to finish off this Quoting printout. Once again I am disappointed........... -Gary ...

Question about contact list(s) and address book(s)
Outlook 2002 Windows XP I am having some problems with getting my contacts to sort the way I want them to. When I say "contacts" I am referring to the window that opens should one click on the "To..." button when composing an email. I profess that I find many of Outlooks features confusing, so I don't know if Contacts and Address Book are different things or are the same thing. In any event, I have quite a large contacts list for email purposes. Many of them are fellow employees where I work, but most aren't. What I would like to do is have all of the people ...

Reporting errors using CRM 4.0 training/demo vpc
My quest is to fully walk through all training exercises using the MSCRM 4.0 Applications training manual against the Training / Demo vpc. I am using MS Virtual PC 2007 and have successfully set up the CRM 4.0 Ready Client and Ready Servers on a dedicated laptop with no other software running. Everything else seems to run fine i.e. accessing Web browser or Outlook client; adding any entity and working with it; workflows are fine etc. I have trouble so far ONLY with running reports. (Yes, both the ready server and ready client are on the same machine or I'd have received errors long ...

List Boxes
I have a simple drop down list box. the font in the cell is 12, but the font size in the drop down list is about 4. I tried increasing the size on the font in cell and the list the data comes from with no effect. I was sent the sheet to work on, normal list drop down boxes in other worksheets work fine. Is this a corrupt file or is there a option i have missed somewhere. Hi Malcolm, See Debra Dalgleish at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font --- Regards, Norman "malcolm" <malcolm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A444909B-0E84-495...

Auto-populating based on a drop-down list...???
I have a table of data and have created a drop down list based on the first column. I would like to be able to choose an item from the list and then have the additional info I choose fill the next two columns. Is this possible? Here is a sample: Product Spec1 Spec2 Spec3 Price A 0.5 6 RED $2.00 B 0.5 4 BLUE $4.00 C 0.6 8 GREEN $6.00 D 0.7 3 BLACK $8.00 When I choose Product A from the drop down on the "Invoice" worksheet I created, I want the Spec1 and Price to fill the next two columns... Is this even remotely possible? Thank you in advance for your time and effort i...

Cascading Combo Boxes in Form and Subform
I've been trying to work the bugs out of a form that has an attached subform. I have a combo box on the main form where the user can select from a list of Law Firms. Based on the Law firm selected, I would like the user to be able select related attorneys from a combo box on subform. I would like the user to be able to only select those attorneys related to the Law Firm selected. I am having a hard time figuring out how to make this work. Jeanette Cunningham has given me great advice on this but I haven't been able to make it work. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wr...

Temp Table Problem
I am getting this following error message randomly (with different table names each time). "An open operation on table 'taxRebate_TRX' failed because the path does not exist." Each table is a temp table, so I can't view it in SQL. It is only happening on one computer. How can I resolve this? Did you try restarting the computer w/ the error? Are all the modules installed on this computer? "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B46A24C-2A30-4EE4-8109-C5F94E19F5E0@microsoft.com... >I am getting this following error mes...

Printing Table headings at the top of every page
This is frustrating me to no end. I have a simple table with column headings and I wish to re-print the column headings at the top of page 2 and page 3. I even see a place in the set-up dialogue box to enable me to do this, but it is greyed out. Why? And, more importantly, how do I tell Excel about the two rows I have devoted to column titles? Do it in File=>PageSetup, not in print preview. then entry would be $2:$3 which you can enter by selecting in the sheet if you do it through page setup under the file menu. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "jayceejay" <jayceejay@dis...

How do I combine 2 tables?
I have 2 tables in a database. Each table has 1 data field, "Slot", in common with the other. How do I create a new table or query that combines data in one table with data in the other table based on the slot number? In other words I have the following information: Table 1 Table 2 A 1 2 3 4 A 4 7 2 9 B 3 5 1 3 B 4 9 1 2 C 0 7 8 3 C 5 1 4 2 Where the capital letter is the data for the slot field, the desired result is a new table or query that looks like this: Table 3 A 1 2 3 4 4 7 2 9 B 3 5 1 3 4 9 1 2 C 0 7 8 3 5 1 4 2 I am new to this so ...